Features

The Roommates Discuss the Lavish Lifestyle of Religious Leaders in Nigeria | Watch Episode II of Assorted Meat

IMG_5291
Assorted Meat kicked off with their first episode titled ‘Election Weekend’ {Click here if you missed it}. In the second episode, the roommates have another friend, Monisola visiting; and this time, they discuss the lavish lifestyle of religious leaders in Nigeria

About Assorted Meat:
Assorted Meat is a scripted original web series that follows the lives of three Nigerian roommates living in Brooklyn, New York. The roommates are Lolade played by Oludara Egerton-Shyngle, Chinedu played by Oladayo Ephraim and Aminu played by Laolu Senbanjo. Like many roommates, they often engage in series of conversations about relationships, religion, politics, identity, food and Nigerian life in New York and back home.
Monisola played by Tola Lawal.

Production Credits:
Directed by Oluseyi Olatujoye
Produced by Amena Shah
DP – Noah Schecter
Sound Engineer – Daniel Guy
1st A.C. – Guillermo Cameo

Watch the video here:

1. Lautrel Michaels

April 5, 2015 at 5:19 pm

this episode is boring…, i love assorted meat

2. Segun Ade

April 5, 2015 at 6:00 pm

Another brilliant episode guys. Keep it coming.

3. Telemi

April 5, 2015 at 9:31 pm

I miss mummy said ,lol. please Bring Toyosi Phillips Back

4. Laurelle

April 5, 2015 at 9:32 pm

Last episode was better. Where is Toyosi?

5. Ekene

April 5, 2015 at 10:41 pm

I really like the concept here!! Can’t wait for next week.

6. Phoenix

April 6, 2015 at 2:52 pm

To be honest,I think that this is vague.Am not trying to take sides here but the religions in Nigeria,not just even Nigeria,the world has played a role in corruption and or spoiling a country’s reputation.So rather than focusing and emphasizing about just one religion,we should talk about all the religions.Most importantly,we all know all religions preach about peace and loving one’s brother and anti-corruption/crime.So this is an individual thing.I think if we can start blaming individuals rather than race or religions.This world would be a better place.Everybody must take responsibility for their action#justsaying#

7. BlueEyed

April 6, 2015 at 6:54 pm

Make it stop please

8. Mrs A.

April 6, 2015 at 8:34 pm

Where is Toyosi Phillips?

9. Jiji

April 7, 2015 at 1:13 am

People just talk crap. I think people will be happier if all churches just publish on the front pages of newspaper what they do. recently someone was telling me about church of God mission having about 1000 children who have been orphaned by the insurgency in the northeast. I have never attended the church but the person had a course to go there about 3 weeks ago but nobody hears that. My church has a lot of projects but we don’t advertise. there’s a church that has a clinic and refers complicated cases to a hospital I used to work in, they pay every single dime and nobody knws this.
    I don’t know why private jets vex people so much, how many of these people sold their cars and start jumping on BRT bcause they want to give. Why haven’t they traded their 2014 model car for a 1989 car so they can use the extra income they save to help the needy. you judge another by a different standard. while you’re vexing at another person’s jet, there’s someone wondering why you wasted that much money on a power bike and you also bought a camry.
    I wonder what I’ll be without church. the single entity that has made me contribute the most to this country is the church. that is the only reason why i am not trying to take as much I can without considering giving back.
    Take the church out and see where this your godless concepts will land us.

• Ekene

April 7, 2015 at 4:46 am

C’mon this why Nigeria is like how it is. How can you compare a car to a private jet? Private jet is a luxury whereas a car is a necessity

• molarah

April 7, 2015 at 12:01 pm

I agree with what you’ve said, but that private jet part…I just have major misgivings on. I don’t know if it is possible to justify that.

10. jamce6000

April 11, 2015 at 10:53 pm

@jiji, if politicians and others exploit and extort the populace and share a part for philanthropy it becomes justified? Let me explain what is happening to you. The pastors have deviated from “the demonstration of the Spirit and power” to commercialisation of the gospel and are now very far from God. So they have devised a means to use charitable acts (not love as God prescribed) to woo followers. They have only set up churches for their personal aggrandisement, building earthly empires and not for winning souls for God. Why do they need private jets to preach the gospel? Who bears the cost of the acquisition and maintenance of the private jets?