Scoop

Glory Edozien Shares A Few Lessons She Wishes She Knew About in Her 20s

BellaNaija.com

Glory Edozien

They say hindsight is vision 20:20! So in this week’s of Glory Edozien’s VLog – Discovery, she shares some of the things she wish she knew in her 20s!

Watch the video and if you’ve left the 20s, please share some of the things you wish you knew!

1. ka

September 9, 2015 at 12:36 pm

well done glory! everything you said was spot on. I am in my 20s. I wish I knew earlier that success is life is not about having degrees. I would say to everyone in their 20s , find God for yourself. Not church, or religion but God. Secondly, spend time dating yourself. Discover who you are in every area. Thirdly, make up your mind what success means to you and pursue it.

• mma

September 10, 2015 at 6:52 am

oh my goodness! Do I know you? how come you just spoke my exact mind…. wish i cam love your comment a hundred times… wish i can meet you in person

2. o

September 9, 2015 at 12:54 pm

i couldnt agree more….. Glory may God bless you, you have no idea how many people your inspiring to be better!!! i dont mind being your friend, this one im heading back to nija after being in uk for 6 years; school.

3. OpenSesame

September 9, 2015 at 1:24 pm

Fab video, I love it!

What I wish I knew in my 20s:

1. It’s ok to ask for help.
    2. You don’t need to be everything to everyone. It’s ok to say no and not feel guilty.
    3. I matter.
    4. Success is a journey not a destination and it’s ok to make mistakes.
    5. I am not always right. Sometimes I’ll make king sized errors…that’s a-okay.
    6. Enjoy my body now; I may not always have the same figure and it’ll have nothing to do with burgers and fries 🙂
    7. Don’t expect people to treat me the way I treat them; some people are users and abusers…spending time wondering why they’re the way they are is a waste; just learn to spot and avoid them.
    8. I am beautiful and enough.
    9. Develop good health and money habits and stick to them.
    10. Take opportunity when it presents itself not when you think you’re ready.

4. iyke

September 9, 2015 at 1:27 pm

We are all different and follow different paths in life.For the 20s generation on this blog,your 20s are about experimenting and becoming independent – it’s about discovering YOU and everything about YOU.
    All I can tell you is to be yourself,be brave,believe in the devine plan for your life,get used to being uncomfortable,listen to your body,don’t postpone what needs to be done now,and know that when you are right with yourself,Mr/Miss right will show up.
    So,go figure out what you want to do and DO IT so that you can happily consolidate in your 30s/40s.
    Much love to you!??

5. betterhealth.com.ng

September 9, 2015 at 1:49 pm

I wish I knew that my ticket to a life of wealth and fame is not hinged on academic pursuit. I wish I had discovered what a purposeful life is about .

6. *gbemi*

September 9, 2015 at 1:52 pm

Thank you for this.It came at the perfect time.

• PurpleiciousBabe

September 9, 2015 at 10:27 pm

I felt the same as well,
      In my 20’s and I want to make it ‘COUNT’.
      Thank you Glory. xx

7. dammygold

September 9, 2015 at 2:07 pm

I totally agree with u Glory, am in my mid twenties and I am excited about it. I know for sure Life gets better, and as I age it will surely get better. I also wish I learnt about savings early in life. Thanks Glory, was really inspired, and coincidentally I have a blog Dammyinspire.blogspot.com

8. Ima

September 9, 2015 at 2:14 pm

Travel the world…or the country! Explore difference cultures. Eat all you can (I kid, I kid…or maybe not 🙂 ); the weight falls off easier in your twenties. Treat your skin, and your teeth right. The older you get, the more responsibilities and less time you have. Fall in love with yourself while you are at it.

9. Anonymous

September 9, 2015 at 3:35 pm

If you desire to help thy friend, do so in a way that will not bring thy friend’s burden upon thyself. I learnt this life lesson the hard way. Thank God for new beginnings…

10. Disguised

September 9, 2015 at 3:36 pm

GLORY!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo True!!! in fact i want to be your friend xoxo

I WISH I STAYED AWAY FROM BOYSSSSSSSS………. YES BOYS..

11. chioma

September 9, 2015 at 5:04 pm

this vlog has strengthen my resolve to be strong and happy despite all odds and above all, live life.
    Thanks Glory!!!

12. QEDDY

September 9, 2015 at 6:26 pm

INTERESTING THOUGHTS GLORY. WELL DONE

I’M IN MY EARLY 20s

I KNOW ABOUT MONEY. I ADVISE YOU TO HAVE MULTIPLE STREAMS OF INCOME.

I READ 1 BOOK A WEEK.; 4 BOOKS A MONTH; AND AT LEAST 60 BOOKS A YEAR.

I WORK AND I HAVE MY BUSINESSES. BE HONEST, YOU WILL GROW.

IF I FIND MYSELF IN PROCRASTINATION, I PUNISH MYSELF BY AVOIDING FROZEN YOGHURT, PIZZA, AND ALL THE SWEETNESS IN LIFE FOR 1 MONTH.

I SAVE 50% OF MY SALARY. I SAVE MY OTHER BUSINESS INCOMES AND REINVEST.

I OWN A MULTI-MILLION BUSINESS.

I HAVE A Bsc. I INTEND TO PURSUE AN MSC AND A PHD IN ECONOMICS AND FINANCE. I WILL RETIRE LECTURING WHILE GROOMING YOUNG NIGERIANS. I SING FOR FUN.

I’M LEARNING MORE EVERYDAY, ABOUT GOD, RELIGION AND THE CHURCH.

I BELIEVE A PROBLEM SHARED IS NOT HALVED; ONLY YOU HAVE THE SOLUTION.

I FELL IN LOVE WITH MYSELF. I HAVE NO GIRLFRIEND.

I LOVE STRONG WOMEN WHO PUSH BIG WHEELS.

BY THE TIME I’M 30, I WILL BE A MULTI- MILLIONAIRE.

I SAY NO, AND I WALK AWAY. YOU AIN’T DOING YOURSELF ANY GOOD IF YOU SAY YES WHEN YOU MEAN NO.

I’D RATHER WATCH THE MOVIE IN MY HOUSE THAN GO TO THE CINEMA.

I EAT MORE FRUITS THAN FOOD.

I HAVEN’T HAD RICE IN 3 WEEKS. I WORK OUT 5 DAYS A WEEK.

I PRAY, I BELIEVE AND CONSTANTLY I REEVALUATE MY BELIEFS. CHANGE IS CONSTANT.

I SUCCEED WHEN I GO THE DISTANCE ALONE. MY DECISION, MY LESSONS; NO FAILURE.

THE PEOPLE IN CHURCH JUDGE. I GO SOMETIMES AND STAY BACK WHEN THE QUESTIONS ARE UNBEARABLE.

I DID IT MYSELF, WITH GOD IN ME. I BELIEVE IN GOD.

EVERYONE SHOULD GET A LIFE, MAKE ANY MOVE. NO ONE OUT THERE SHOULD TAKE YOUR DREAMS AS A BURDEN; CARRY IT YOURSELF.

• Anonymous

September 9, 2015 at 9:18 pm

Despite your seeming success, I do not want to meet you. You sound very mechanical, judgemental and someone who isn’t living,

Btw, I’m in my mid twenties, own 2 property I bought with my money and have a few mills in the bank. But thou my sister soundeth like a judgemental person that liveth not

13. Ngozi

September 9, 2015 at 9:27 pm

I am in my 30’s like you glory and will share the things I wish I knew
    1) I wish I knew that I did not have to live my life pleasing my grandparents, uncles, aunties, parents, friends etc but owe them love and respect them but never be a slave to their opinion because if they are given priority over God, then when consequences arise, they’ll just tell you sorry, they thought their opinion was right. Which is not really their fault because they did not force a decision at gun point. Now I have learnt to take responsibility for every single decision I made, it came as a suggestion and I made it so I cannot blame any single soul for it. To make life easier, I have drawn closer to God focusing on His will for my life so I don’t make mistakes.

2) I wish I had not let the break up in my 20’s affected me, God gave me a better man 2yrs after but I didn’t see it coming (although I should have by faith). I look back and wonder why I reacted badly, insulted the guy and his brother sef, very unnecessary. Biko, I should have just said than you Jesus, a better deal is coming my way.

3) You can say it again Glory, in my twenties everyone gave me money whether I asked or I didn’t , I was in school now. Anyway, some nice relatives still give me when they visit o, or give the children but now, I am the one who needs to send something. My parents don’t stress me but em, as a child of God who reads the Bible on honoring them, I dey try my best. Also, it’s very depressing to have had great parents who provided and sent me to school(my dad bought me a car in Uni) and not even send something to them. Tofiakwa, I reject that kind of destiny o. I wish I had invested more and spent money on books , even sowed seeds in church instead I was just spending money as if it can never develop wings. I must say that God is helping me, He has a way of restoring. but sha if you are in your 20’s don’t make the mistakes I made, you don’t have to go that route. Learn from another person, you don’t need to learn from your own personal experience. Foresight is the best teacher not experience. I rest my case.

14. Ngozi

September 9, 2015 at 9:30 pm

Sorry (no 2) affect not affected. I apologize.

15. Lou

September 10, 2015 at 1:00 am

I don’t think I understood the intricacies of human relations in my 20’s. I think I was too open to people, I’m still learning those lessons in my 30’s…thanks for the post, I loved it.

16. Tosin

September 10, 2015 at 2:31 am

🙂

17. peperempe

September 10, 2015 at 4:11 pm

I shed a few tears as I watched this because honestly life can be better, i wish i could do more for myself but……. I believe everything is gonna be alright

18. ujunwa

September 16, 2015 at 1:34 pm

Truly life can be better only if you can be able to look back at some years back and see the difference no matter how small. I’m almost in my mid twenties and seriously life can get better. I didn’t grow up with my parents even though I was the only daughter out of five children. I lived with my aunt who cared more or less about my education or future. Nevertheless I gained admission into a polytechnic currently in my HND… I learnt graphics and learnt to do a lot of things. I worked even as a student, I contested as sec Gen SUG In my school in my ND and won. I have published 3 editions of my dream magazine…. And even though I’m still not satisfied with myself I must say that life gets better along the way. Nobody believed anything good could come out of a poor helpless maid. But I’m determined to prove them all wrong and fulfill my dreams. The most important thing for any tween now is to add value to themselves…. This is Nigeria and it is either you have a connection to get the job or you are d best person for the job. This should be a time of finding ur self and knowing what you want for ur self. Just do it Now! Capital cash is not d problem but capital sense