Features

How Was 2015 For You? Calling For Entries for the BellaNaija 2015 Epilogues

Atoke

Hi guys, *VLogger Voice*
How y’all doing? *Wendy Williams’ Voice*

It’s really November, guys! As in 2015 has rolled up and is packing its bags and leaving us behind. How did that happen? Well, the clock ticked, time passed and the dates just kept coming. In all of this life has happened to all of us. {duh!!!}

Okay, so preamble over! Last year, BellaNaija ran a series called the 2014 Epilogues {Click here if you missed it} The idea was to have people share an honest and real look into their year. A look back, round off – sort of thing. We had an interesting selection of people last year, and this year, we decided to open the call to BellaNaija readers. We hope to get enough submissions to run the feature from the 1st of December to the 31st 2015. (Maybe I’m being overly ambitious… haha!)

So, we would like you to cast an introspective glance back at your year and share the ups and downs with us. We hope that through your stories, people will be uplifted and motivated. A lot of people may be going through the things you’re going through and just reading how you overcame (or didn’t) might just help.

If you’d like to be a part of the 2015 Epilogues, please send us an email with the subject line: 2015 Epilogues – to features(at)bellanaija(dot)com. It might help to read the submissions from last year for an idea of the stories we’re looking for. It’s important that you’re truthful and introspective, {no Boastimonies, please} with the overarching intent being inspirational and encouraging.

Submissions are open till the 15th of December 2015.

If you have any questions about the feature, please be sure to leave us a comment below. We look forward to reading from you.

Peace, love & cucumbers!

Photo Credit: Dreamstime | Matthias Ziegler

1. www.thelmathinks.com

November 12, 2015 at 5:33 pm

I love this idea BN and I might as well confess now, I may borrow it. I would also love to mail you guys but are anonymous submissions welcome? If I were to give an honest write up about 2015 I’d feel so naked and exposed, It’s been one hell of a year!

2. 'Diddie

November 12, 2015 at 5:39 pm

You didnt leave the email to send the epilogue. thanks

3. www.aprillaugh.net

November 12, 2015 at 6:02 pm

This is amazing! I look forward to sharing how 2015 has been. Thank you, BN!

4. koins

November 12, 2015 at 6:13 pm

I learnt so much in 2015. God is good. So so much

5. lalaf

November 12, 2015 at 6:18 pm

No boastimonies??? That would not work, why?? because everything you do in Nigeria is considered boasting and showing off.Tread with caution BN

6. bride2mum.com

November 12, 2015 at 6:37 pm

I would like to steal too, just like thelma, Amazing Idea

7. Tinuke

November 12, 2015 at 6:46 pm

Not everything. just about 85% – 90%

8. Babytohcute

November 12, 2015 at 8:02 pm

So BN I’m interested, should I send my epilogue to the email address to or do you just need a brief?

9. Grace_junkie

November 12, 2015 at 8:48 pm

I thought it was just me. I learnt a whole lot, as in the eyes of my understanding were truly enlightened. Maybe I had no choice than to learn cos of the rough 2014 I had. And every time I was learning something new The HolySpirit just keep telling ‘learn it now cos 2016 is your manifestation year, you will thank me for these lessons then’. It truly has been God.

10. Babytohcute

November 12, 2015 at 10:20 pm

So BN, should the epilogue be attached to the email or you just want a brief in the email?

Atoke

November 12, 2015 at 11:15 pm

Hello,

It should be attached to the email in MS Word Format. We’d prefer a word limit of 1200 word count.

Thank you.

11. laba eseoghene

November 13, 2015 at 12:19 am

am very intrested,this year had a lot of highs and low for me.might not be dere yet bt d year tot me to neva give up.

12. bam bam

November 13, 2015 at 9:33 am

le sigh! 2015 was bitter sweet for me I found out that the man who I thought was my dad for 27 years wasn’t my biological father I have a lot of questions tho but life is too short and with God’s guidance I have been getting by… although I am getting to know my real dad its been an emotional rollercoaster that I will never forget

13. Duni

November 13, 2015 at 10:48 am

My own is that I miss your articles, Atoke! Big time. I hardly want to read BN now. There’s nothing to look forward to anymore. The real meat writers – Atoke, Isio, Esco etc are gone, missing,or scarce, and we have being given some candy-floss amateurs instead. It’s enough to make me sick.

Speaking politely: *BN, please, post my comment. Thank you.”

14. Chinco

November 13, 2015 at 5:36 pm

2015 was cool from jan -july then everything has been such a drag since then im hoping for an awesome december and 2016 #optimistic42016

15. ayomikun

December 5, 2015 at 11:21 pm

I sent my epilogue to the mail. Could you please acknowledge delivery? Pleaseeeeee