News

Sex Scandal: I Have Evidence that “will completely tear down this false accusation” – Hon. Samuel Ikon

BellaNaija.com

Hon Samuel Ikon

Hon Samuel Ikon

One of the three lawmakers accused of soliciting for prostitutes from a hotel housekeeper while attending an international leadership training programme in the U.S., Hon. Samuel Ikon has said that he has “another proof which will completely tear down this false accusation”.

Ikon and Hon. Mark Gbillah (Benue) were alleged to have asked hotel parking attendants to assist them solicit for prostitutes.

Hon. Mohammed Gololo (Bauchi) in a letter  to the House of Assembly by U.S. Ambassador to Nigeria, James Entwistle, allegedly grabbed a housekeeper in his hotel room and solicited for sex.

According to TODAY.ng, Ikon, in a letter dated June 16 to Entwistle, called for the review of the case within seven days otherwise he will seek “legal redress in competent courts of law both in Nigeria and in the U.S.

“Let me state unequivocally sir that the allegation is not just false but in bad taste. I Hon. Samuel Ikon never in that trip, nor on any other trip to the US or anywhere else in the world, consort or sought to consort with prostitutes.

I’m an elder in my church since 2006 and clearly know the tenets and doctrines of my faith one of which abhors such desires for prostitutes as such very offensive to be linked.

I have another proof of my innocence which will completely tear down this false conclusion but will leave it out for a later time should you fail to redeem my integrity and I’m forced to take legal action.

I therefore urge that you review this case within 7 days taking a more detailed look at evidences available for such like video recording, especially video showing time and date of such discussion, so you can realize a mistake has been made here and my integrity restored, else I will be seeking legal redress in competent courts of law both in Nigeria and in the U.S.,” he said.

Recall that Hon. Ikon had already said that his was a case of mistaken identity, adding that he will surely be vindicated. Click here if you missed that.

The House on Tuesday passed a formal resolution directing its Committees on Ethics/Privileges, Foreign Relations to investigate the allegations.

1. Nk

June 22, 2016 at 11:00 am

This man is fighting so hard to clear his name but I don’t know why I have the feeling that this is damage control! I don’t know why I don’t just believe him and his citing Zika virus as an excuse for not wanting sex in the USA is straight out dumb!

2. Finchleysfinest

June 22, 2016 at 11:09 am

“I have no reason to seek comfort in the bosom of a prostitute with all attendant health risks especially the latest known as Zika Virus which has entered the US.”

All NA WASH… let him produce the proof he’s talking about. There is no smoke without fire abeg

3. Benson Ossai

June 22, 2016 at 11:38 am

They send you guys make una go add knowledge about leadership to come and improve your country na Ashawo una go dey look for una try.Na so una go back sit down like otondo for house until 2019 no contribution.Which kind leaders we get for this country?Hope is not true if it is then sorry and shame to you guys.Truth will definitely come out we sit dey look.Una wan play international una try see am.

4. Engoz

June 22, 2016 at 11:40 am

They are innocent until proven guilty.

5. Mr. Egghead

June 22, 2016 at 11:49 am

Zika virus ? ? ? ?
    Whoever wrote this statement for Mr. Ikon should be fired.

‘I have another proof of my innocence which will completely tear down this false conclusion’
    Let us await this evidence and see if it will exonerate him. Sex scandals are the worst. Guilty or not, your image is tarnished. Why is it seen like the worst kind of misbehaviour? We have crackheads in US government positions but Anthony Weiner is messed up for life because of a few dick pics.

He who masters self-control masters himself indeed. Sex is probably the greatest pleasure a man can ever experience the next is power), so it is easy to see why we are so vulnerable. Strauss-Kahn was on his way to becoming President of France but intense konji did not allow him hear word. Bill Clinton is forever stigmatized because of fellatio that was mediocre at best.

Entwhistle wont do anything. If the US wants to have these guys, consider them had.

6. Cynical

June 22, 2016 at 11:52 am

Oga Sam,pls give it a rest. I doubt the USA govt will single you three out to victimize,if you aren’t guilty. You are an elder in the church,really???? If Nigerians even honored church one tenth of how they should(not lip service),USA no go dey see our back sef,after all we are ‘good’ Christians and Muslims. im sure you thought you were back home where you could rant do you know who i am and everyone will start running around. Stop embarrassing yourself pls.

7. ICARELESS

June 22, 2016 at 12:32 pm

Elder my foot, no be money una church dey collect they make una elder.
    2019, we must get it right with our legislators and executives.

8. Call Me Gorgeous...

June 22, 2016 at 12:37 pm

If they wanted sex soo bad….they should have taken one of their “smallies” along to satisfy their urge. This is on the basis that they are guilty.. The lawmakers are usually up to no good most times…so hey! I kinda believe the story..

And when did being an elder in the church prevent anyone from soliciting for sex ehn or acting inappropriately? When even some pastors have been accused in time past of philandering!!

Abeg rest!

• NIRA

June 22, 2016 at 3:00 pm

They wanted to taste white girls, that was why they didn’t take their mistresses along with them.

9. Fleur

June 22, 2016 at 1:02 pm

Nna Mehn, please leave our computer screens. Go and tear down the story against you and then when you are done, bring the evidence to us to analyze. Dont torment us with the inner details. We no wan know. Garri is too expensive to be using our energy to analyze your plans.

10. Phoebe

June 22, 2016 at 5:20 pm

Hon. Samuel Ikon: I Have Evidence that “will completely tear down this false accusation”

Me: =]MIN E sir, what are you waiting for?

11. gia