Features

Tell All or Nah! William & Tracy Discuss the Topic of T.M.I in Relationships | Watch

If you aren’t aware of the full meaning of T.M.I, then well…it’s “too much information”, and in this episode we try to discuss if there is ever information too much or unnecessary for your partner to know.

In an ideal setting, we often have the idea that we would be met with complete acceptance when we meet the much-coveted ‘The One’. This person will be a pillar of understanding and will never judge us in any negative light. Regardless of what they hear about us, they know now we are with them, and our loyalty, sense of morality and character has been made clean with the catharsis of our love.

Then you get into a relationship and have to answer 21 questions, or run into new situations that might have been innocent, but come off a bit fishy as a story. While the best relationships are the ones with open communication channels that allow both partners to be as free as possible, there is still so much to ponder before divulging every piece of information that stumble across our mind.

In the real world, people are insecure. We have emotional baggage, and sometimes, we just don’t want to hear the story of how Mr/Mrs Perfect offered to take you on a date. An Austrian philosopher once explained how miscommunication is often a result of one party meaning one thing and the other mistranslating due to pre-conceived notions.

At the early stages of relationships when people are yet to form a solid idea of our character, they also rely on what information they can get to build an image for us. While it is tempting to assume the perfect lover must be understanding, it is more mature to realize that the perfect lover doesn’t exist.

The game of communication is often a slow process that expands over time as trust is built and loyalty earned. Surely, it is best to work towards and ideal of being able to tell it all, but assuming this is a given in every relationship and ignoring the need for diplomacy and giving our partners the right to present themselves the way they want, can backfire… leaving people with less than flattering images than we would prefer.

But don’t take my word for it, watch the video and feel free to contribute with your comments.

William Ifeanyi Moore is an MPharm graduate from the University of Portsmouth, UK. His true passion is in novels and poetry but he cheats on them with movies, plays, and music. He believes sacrifice and compromise is the bedrock of any healthy relationship. His debut novel Lonely Roads is out on 10/12/2015. Blog: www.soulsyrup.space Twitter: @willifmoore Instagram: willifmoore

1. Jasmine

June 15, 2016 at 11:05 pm

Tell all or nah!!!

Sincerely speaking, somethings r better off kept to oneself for privacy sake.

‘somethings’ not all.

Hello William Ifeanyi, I’m Jasmine. Can we be friends? Lol

• william ifeanyi personal assistant

June 16, 2016 at 4:36 am

No we cant be friends!!!

• Big Tee

June 16, 2016 at 6:22 am

Choi….see provoke…..I guess saying yes we can be friends and then ignoring forever is not your style.

• Jasmine

June 17, 2016 at 2:04 am

What’s your own nau. Allow him talk jor

• Ga

June 16, 2016 at 10:56 am

Find a dm. Slide in. This in TMI for us the “Public”

2. UNCLE GWE GWE GWE

June 16, 2016 at 8:05 am

VLOGS are the new market selling strategy. I cant dull my sef. BN I want to start up a Vlog soon, hope you will share it on BN.

3. UNCLE GWE GWE GWE

June 16, 2016 at 8:10 am

Two things I noticed.
    1) The wine drinking was a major distraction, you re either speaking to us or you go to a bar.
    2) The guy was totally packaged..My God… Forming no be here. ( facial expressions and hand throwing upandan). My Vlog will be up soon. BN pls reply me biko… I have to sell my market.

4. Spunky

June 16, 2016 at 9:33 am

I won’t tell except when really necessary. I don’t want to know either except when required. What’s the point?!

5. Urban_chic

June 16, 2016 at 10:03 am

I think too much info can get bad especially in the early stages of a relationship because once you start telling ur partner everything he will be expecting you to kip saying ur everyday diary, nd the day you don’t, trust me it will be a major issue. Fyi your partner is not ur diary..

6. Big Tee

June 16, 2016 at 11:47 am

I personally consider details pertaining to relationship/legal status, children (if any) as deal breakers, they should be on the table immediately the friendship seems to have a potential to go to the next level. As for me, I prefer to reveal the deal breakers early so that my partner will not feel blindsided later on.