BN TV

Is there Racism in the UK? WATCH People Respond on BN TV

Since the vote for Brexit, it has been reported that racial abuse in the UK is on the rise, but is there really racism in the UK?

BattaBox presenter Maria hits the streets of London to find out what the public thinks of racism in the UK.

“There is racism in the UK but its discrete,” says one lady “You can’t get away with racism in the UK”. According to one lady, white people are not the only racist people, “Nowadays racism is coming from all races,” she says “Black, Indians, Asians,” she continues.

Although some people disagree to the fact that racism does exist in the UK. “Living in London, I haven’t seen racism,” said one guy.

Watch it here:

1. Rant

August 26, 2016 at 4:42 am

Another article for Nigerians for who know nothing about living abroad to use and start their rants about “second class citizens” and how everyone abroad washes toilets. Interestingly I don’t see Nigerians in diaspora bothering themselves with the reverse. As if the Nigerian government is any kinder to Nigerians living in Nigeria. Talk less of the ones living abroad. As if most of them would do pack up and live abroad if they could get jobs that paid for their skill set. As if there are better paying jobs waiting for them if they come back. As if we can see what our taxes are used for (minus their children’s Instagram accounts and Bellanaiia weddings). As if poor Nigerians, those without political ties, women, children, members of a pastors congregation etc aren’t 2nd or even 3rd class citizens. Shout all the “God forbid” you want, but look beyond the privilege and be honest.

*ps I wonder how so many you guys know or are all related to plate washers living abroad (sorry for the shade) and never see the multitude of Nigerians in JP Morgan, Goldman, PWC, literally every hospital in the US and EU etc

• Karashika

August 26, 2016 at 8:59 am

You are off d topic love.

• LEM

August 26, 2016 at 1:04 pm

Even if she’s off topic I agree wholeheartedly with what she’s saying, and I happen to live in Nigeria too.

2. Tosin

August 26, 2016 at 6:28 am

really hot!

3. Tosin

August 26, 2016 at 6:28 am

discreet

4. John

August 26, 2016 at 7:21 am

The real question should be – is there tribalism and discrimination in NIGERIA

• MurderSheWrote

August 26, 2016 at 5:18 pm

Oh my God bless you. I’m so tired of Nigerian media focusing on their first world problems. Focus on what we are facing in OUR OWN COUNTRY and let them face theirs. Tribalism, sexism and ageism reign supreme in this our country and Battabox is here asking jamb question. I wish Nigerian media will assist the government to grow Nigeria.

5. chinwe

August 26, 2016 at 7:33 am

I agree with u , tribalism and discrimination should be the major question.

6. EC

August 26, 2016 at 9:32 am

We worry about other things. Please take a lot at home first. We have tribal and religious issues. You are worrying about the UK. And yes it is true our leaders would be there in a heart beat if they could scam their way into millions like they do back home.

7. BitchKalifa

August 26, 2016 at 10:11 am

@Rant your long epistle does not stop the fact that there is racism abroad especially these days…. re-Brexit and Trump with his skewed supporters, so rather than bashing Nigerians go and pray that you don’t encounter a racist today.

• Rant

August 26, 2016 at 4:54 pm

Lived abroad and in Nigeria both for many years and I often live in both places at a time even till now. Faced discrimination and sexual harassment as a woman in Nigeria and as a young person. And I’m very pro Black lives matter so I’m not blind to racism in America or anywhere else. But I’m Yet to have a racist encounter. But like I said, whatever makes you feel better about yourself ??.