News

“My husband impregnated his ‘sister’ in our matrimonial home” – Divorce seeker tells Court

Federal High Court“My husband, Ezekiel, impregnated his ‘sister’ in our matrimonial home,” a 31-year-old businesswoman, Francisca, told an Igando Customary Court in Lagos on Thursday.

Francisca told the court that her husband of seven years impregnated a woman he introduced to her as his ‘sister’.

“My husband, who married me as a virgin, stopped making love to me three-months after our wedding.

Four-months into our wedding, he brought a young woman home and introduced her to me as his ‘sister’.

He told me that she would be living with us and I accepted, because I didn’t know all his siblings.

After some months, this his ‘sister’ got pregnant and my husband ran away with her to an unknown destination and sublet our apartment to another tenant without my knowledge.

I had to vacate the apartment that day as the new tenant moved in immediately my husband absconded.

When I heard that my husband did the traditional wedding with his so-called ‘sister’, I travelled to his hometown to confirm from his parents.

His parents told me they could only accept a fertile woman as their wife, while they advised me to go and look for another man to marry.

I do not know where to trace my husband as he had relocated elsewhere from the shop I established for him and had also changed his cell phone numbers,” she said.

Francisca accused and called her husband, who had failed to appear in court after being summoned severally, an ingrate.

“Ezekiel is ungrateful and I now know that he never truly loved me; he was only after my money.

When he approached me for marriage, he was jobless, but when he pleaded with me to allow him join me in my business, I accepted.

After our wedding, he took over the business from me,” she said.

She also alleged that her husband turned her into a punching bag, almost beating her to the point of death within the few months of their living together.

She, therefore, pleaded with the court to dissolve the union, saying she was no longer in love and that she would like to move on with her life.

The court president, Adegboyega Omilola, ordered the petitioner to submit an affidavit of service that would enable the court to continue with the matter despite the respondent’s absence.

Omilola, however, adjourned the case to August 30 for further hearing.

1. BN lover

August 18, 2016 at 8:53 pm

When you marry someone that is financial,spiritual and mentally poor,expect the less.

2. Darius

August 18, 2016 at 9:22 pm

You let him run your business with you and eventually handed it over to him? You shouldn’t have done dat. You were quick to trust and he took advantage of that. First thing first, assume full control of your business and make a conscious decision to live a happy and fulfilled life, with or without a man. If you have past menopause, all hope is not lost, you can always adopt. Men like your husband are the ones making all men look bad. This woman will live the rest of her life hating on men and thinking that all men are leeches. I see her becoming one of those feminists in Bellanaija who speak ill of all men at every given opportunity. I have heard of cases where a man sponsored a girl through college and when she finally graduated, she realized they were not compatible and jilted the man. Before all the feminists in the house start screaming blue murder, they should understand that the man in question is not a representative of all men. Anybody can choose to be an ungrateful, scheming bastard; a man or a woman.

3. Bey

August 18, 2016 at 9:37 pm

Hahahahahaha always Igando court.
    Nawa o, sister indeed. That is d problem with women dat have no say in dere marriages.
    . A woman cums to live in ur home, without notice or ur hubby consulting you. Then u don’t even find out d genesis of their so called family link.

4. Gorgeous

August 18, 2016 at 9:41 pm

Your insecurities make you think feminists hate men. Feminists do not hate men at all. Let me lecture you with this summary: the goal of a feminist is to have the opportunity to live on work on a level playing field and given the same opportunities that men are given. Now where does that definition translate into hating men or despising me ? You are projecting your insecurities and absolute lack of knowledge without shame. Try to research topics above your understanding before you go out in the public to make outrageous statements. I am a feminist, and I love men honey. My man respects the hell out of me because he knows I can hold my own any day. So please don’t say things you have no clue of.

5. Darius

August 18, 2016 at 10:17 pm

@Gorgeous, you sound pretty bitter and obnoxious. Your inimical reply to my comment portrays you as someone with a very dark soul. I bet you don’t have a boyfriend. If you truly do, I feel so sorry for him. Feminism is an imported idea, and in all honesty, Nigerian feminists have got it twisted. They think feminism is all about men-bashing. The gospel truth is that : feminism has been hijacked by women who have suffered heartbreaks. Everyone will agree with me dat, there is now an ocean of difference between advocacy for gender equality and feminism. The founders of feminism wanted it to be all about gender equality; which is a pretty good thing. Can we confidently say that in 2016, feminism is only about gender equality? You are the one who needs to be educated.

• Gorgeous

August 18, 2016 at 11:14 pm

You just proved me right. You lack the right IQ and shame to even argue with facts. You just spew noxious gas all over the place thinking if you put together some words you had to look up in the dictionary, it will somehow make you sound intelligent. You are not, you don’t even know what you are talking about. Insecure twat. And for your information, intelligent people speak simply, with words a lay man can understand. Obahiagbon wanna be. Hahahahaha.

• CONGLOMERATE

August 19, 2016 at 3:54 am

Why do you always sound bitter and mad whenever anyone says anything different about nigerian feminists? Ofcourse, the feminism course has been hijacked by bitter girls like yourself…

6. Diva

August 18, 2016 at 10:39 pm

This is why Papa Adeboye said you shouldn’t marry someone without a Job.
    Smh

7. Darius

August 19, 2016 at 12:15 am

@Gorgeous, Sorry you had to use a dictionary to get my drift. I didn’t use ant pretentious or high-sounding word. As a matter of fact, I write in plain English. You couldn’t comprehend my comment becoz you had a limited vocabulary. Sorry dear! It’s not my fault that you are daft and shallow. Read your dictionary often and learn a new word everyday ok. Enrich your vocabulary. Mumu!

• Mariah

April 1, 2017 at 10:03 pm

Could it be u are feeding off a woman too? Why so pained bruh?

8. Mabel

August 19, 2016 at 6:37 am

Francisca, you never had a husband. Go a little further and get an annulment.

9. NUR

August 19, 2016 at 4:49 pm

Both of you Darius and Gorgeous sound proud. No offence just my sincere observation from the comments made. Who cares? Like many ideologies that stemmed from social injustice the meaning has changed over the years and many have used it to suit them. Isn’t that what sociology is all about? Surely we can share our conflicting views without the need for name calling. No one has to be right you know both points are valid. Let’s all chill abeg!

10. CUTTRED MEATLOAF!!

August 19, 2016 at 6:33 pm

Suddenly the subject matter has been under the content,too many i too know out here,it is what it is….please when pulling a comment lets keep nice n decent,simplicity is the key