BN TV

A Year after ending her Gossip Website Necole Bitchie shares a Deeply Personal VLog on “What They Forgot to Tell Me about Leaving a Successful Brand”

necole-bitchie-550x372A year ago popular gossip blogger Necole Bitchie announced that she was ending her gossip website to find a higher purpose which a lot of people related to.

The gossip site, mainly focused on African-American celebs and stars, started in 2008 and its owner Necole Kane, went on to win many awards and accolades for it – she appeared in Cosmopolitan, BET, etc. In her final blog post on the site, titled “It’s Time For Me to Move On”, Necole inspired a lot of people as she let the world know that money and fame aren’t everything and that it is never too late to get things right in life.

On Wednesday, she posted a deeply personal vlog on her YouTube page to share the truth about her transition since she left such a successful brand.

She said:

Over the past year, I’ve seen many people comment to me that my life is #goals. That my rebrand was flawless and I’ve been looked at as though I have the golden touch. That is far from the truth. It was a complete struggle to get to the happy place I’m currently in.

In a world that rewards pretending and is obsessed with showing only the highlight reel versus the deleted scenes, I felt it would be a disservice to the people who follow me and believe in me if I didn’t tell the truth about my transition from the celebrity gossip blog NecoleBitchie.com, to eventually launching a new site xoNecole.com. I felt the new site was a better representation of the woman I’ve evolved into, and would solely be focused on empowering stories from young women of color.

It’s been rough, but I’m still here pushing through. And I’ve made so many mistakes and learned so many lessons along the way that I wanted to share with you.

To aspiring entrepreneurs: comparison is evil. It creates fear, self-doubt and can drive you off the path to success. Also, Never forget your “why.” Why you do what you do is far important than what you actually do and it’s what will keep you pushing through the hard times. It’s a reminder of your purpose.

This is my life reset.

Thank you guys so much for your support.

Watch the vlog below.

1. Baby gurl

September 16, 2016 at 3:15 pm

“Comparison is evil” Thanks so much Necole. That’s exactly what’s holding me back. Once I cross the hurdle of thinking everyone else is better than or doing better than me I guess I’m good to go. xoNecole is such a beautiful blog! Tnx BN TV.

2. De Duchess

September 16, 2016 at 3:16 pm

I follow xonecole.com
    I think it is inspiring and they are doing a very good job with the stories they share. Because of blogs like that, and like BN, where people share experiences, I don’t think with my lack of experience in life in many aspects, I don’t think it is possible to make some mistakes. You just learn in the most amazing way.
    I have read and read and read about people sharing their mistakes. I think it is a great move.
    More inspiration. Less gossip.
    She is doing well!

3. Rasheeda Usman

September 16, 2016 at 3:30 pm

This really inspired me, cos as a baby in the business i am always nervous about what to do, how to do it and if i will do it right but reading this has brought some relief to me. keep doing the good work.

4. Felinda

September 16, 2016 at 3:40 pm

fugly tranny blog hater SR is making fun of her situation, but i like how honest Nicole was and i think she wiill succeed again – i have no doubt.

5. Peaches

September 16, 2016 at 4:16 pm

Well tbh, what she should have actually done is keep the website the same and just hired writers, used Instagram to post (like Shade Room), distanced herself from the website and use her following to start creating a personal thing of her own as well. Necole was like the number 1 Black blog in America at that time, and I just don’t understand why she couldn’t put her business hat on and use the website to continue generating income while she does her own thing.

She forgot that people are very fickle and will turn on you at the blink of an eye – you can’t take away the gossip and think things will remain the same.
    She definitely could have still done away with the “bitchie” part and went with xoNecole but getting rid of the website was just very very dumb in my opinion. I’m sure she’d agree but obviously what’s done is done. I’m sure she will rise back up in some way.

• BBB

September 16, 2016 at 5:03 pm

A very good transition move strategy. Build Something new out of the existing clout.

• busybee

September 16, 2016 at 8:01 pm

You took the words wight out of my mouth..I love that she has such a deep sense of self-awareness,and isn’t afraid to evolve to realign with her truth.Her new site has much more meaningful content.However, I believe in finding a middle ground between idealistic living and practical living. As you’ve stated,she could very well have distanced herself from the brand without letting go of it completely.One brand could have fed the other.But what’s done is done,and I do believe she can find her footing again.It just didn’t need to be such a painful process. All the best to her though.

• Smdh

September 16, 2016 at 9:33 pm

Hi Linda

6. truth juice

September 16, 2016 at 11:43 pm

Thank you team bella for no peddling that “NICOLE IS BROKE” NONSENSE click-bait headline, Thats why i faux with yall . My order of reading every night is bella Naija > xonicole > Quora > every other site is a COUNTERFEIT. #teamgoodcontent

7. LL

September 17, 2016 at 4:58 pm

I don’t understand why some commenters keep dragging her back by saying she should have distanced herself and made a success of the blog. She saw and understood that owning a successful gossip blog did not give her meaning. So it doesn’t matter if she distanced herself or not. Not everyone can go to sleep at night earning a living by destroying people. She has found a way to move forward. If it wwork, good. If it doesn’t, good.

8. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

September 19, 2016 at 9:22 am

Toke Makinwa is a successful vlogger. I admire her.