BN TV

Ariyike Akinbobola and Comedian Ebiye speak on “I just got married…Bye Single friends!!!” on a new Episode of Ariyike Weekly | Watch

BN TV

Today on Ariyike Weekly, Ariyike Akinbobola shares a message from one of the vlog watchers who says her friend cut off all her single friends and started hanging out with only married women after she got married. Watch this week’s episode as Comedian Ebiye joins Ariyike and also shares his personal experience after his friend got married. Here’s what she said;

Can a healthy friendship exist between married People and their single friends? I feel you can still stay friends with your single friends although the harsh reality is that you will not remain friends with everybody after you get married because your responsibilities after marriage will change and you will need time and space to adjust to your new life.

You will also not have as much time to hang out with friends as you did when you were single. Does Jealousy set in simply because your friend is married and you are still single? Watch, share your experiences and drop your comments below

Watch the Video

1. Dolly

September 7, 2016 at 9:21 pm

I prolly do the cutting coz I’m not with the foolishness that comes with their sudden brand new attitude. I’m neither with their ‘my husband this & that tales nor the ‘listen I’m married i know everything’ mindset bloop’ that.

They get married and don’t know how to act again, like we all couldn’t settle with the next Mr. pot belle, Mr. no job, Mr. abusive or even Mr. unattractive. Call it what you like some of us got taste and will rather be a free bish and thats ok.

2. helena

September 7, 2016 at 9:23 pm

Men who get married everyday do not ever cut off their single friends. They hang out with them, party with them and we women act like we are the only ones who get married. Why are women so obsessed with this hierarchy stuff?? wives feel like they’ve achieved their lives’ goals and look down at single girls. Men don’t ever discriminate amongst themselves but women act like marriage is everything. Yet most of us are the ones who suffer and get scarred in marriage. I’m just tired of women looking down at each other. It’s pathetic. You all need to chill and cool down. Marriage isn’t an achievement and not every single girl wants your man. chill!!!!

• Lucinda

September 7, 2016 at 10:10 pm

The reason why guys don’t cut each other off is because the friendship was real to begin with. Men can never understand why women badmouth their friends and continue to hang out with them. We do this even before getting married. You’ll say bad things about a person because you know you can’t stand this person’s guts, but continue to keep in touch with calls, visits, etc. My point is that many of us women just do eye service friendship and that is why after a major life milestone, a tension starts that separates them.

• Corolla

September 7, 2016 at 10:53 pm

I agree with you @Helena. I also think that the fact that men are not bogged down with domestic duties allows them time to hang out and maintain the same level of friendship with their boys. Trust me, if men were cooking, going to market, changing diapers, etc, the dynamic with their friends will change. That been said, if you were real friends to start with, your relationship wouldn’t end when you get married.

3. helena

September 7, 2016 at 9:26 pm

bn, post my comment ooo

4. mummy bobo

September 7, 2016 at 10:36 pm

Am married but I still hang out wit my single friends bcos they are not bad influence to me, though we don’t hang out like we used to but we chat on phone, weneva I got d chance to hang out wit dem I cherish it bcos they mk me laugh we even remind ourselves of past events that happen to us some mk us cry or laugh, we even give nd receive advice to each other, each time I leave their company i always miss them……..chai am missing them already.

5. Peter

September 8, 2016 at 2:32 am

excuse me please! not all women cut off their single or married friends. those who do that are slow minded, they were not genunie friends or personal reasons. infant i know some men who actually cut off some of their friends (but i don’t go saying most men do it) and again it still depends on personal reasons. The summary is it all depends on the person. stop generalising.. we don’t know all the married women in Nigeria for us to come to a conclusion to state most married women act this way. we don’t know all the men in Nigeria for us to say all if not most men cheat!! and please stop with most women badmouth each other….. just cause ada, tomi, toke, chioma badmouths each other does not mean MOST WOMEN do that.

6. Chi

September 8, 2016 at 5:32 am

Main ones that if your husband now embarrass you will now come crying.

Abeg o !

It’s just never that serious, especially to the point of turning up your nose !

7. I'mJustSayn'

September 8, 2016 at 6:20 am

That’s a horrible wig

8. Abk

September 8, 2016 at 11:30 am

Sometimes it’s not cause you’re married. It might be due to more responsibilities. I’m not married, in my very early 20s but I know girls, even guys that rarely talk to their single friends when they’re married, not all though. Not cause they don’t want to. When you have to work, when you have to think of fees to pay, when you have to cater for your home, yourself, your family, the kids, and you suddenly have any free time, you just want me time. I don’t think the relationship necessarily changes, I just think things certainly are different, and it’s expected.

9. Mahka

September 8, 2016 at 12:46 pm

Only one of my married girlfriends still calls n checks up on me…I feel so guilty hat I never called cos when she got married I thought ok, now we ll talk n hang out less like how my other friends did, but no, babe still keeps it 100 with me even after two kids. They say never judge any situation until you’re in it. The same happened to me when I was jobless, that one was partly due to complex on my part.
    All in all, life happens, responsibilities grow, times change. I’d cut them some slack.

10. jide

September 8, 2016 at 1:04 pm

Yeah after they pimp you too be brides maid…and you pay for all that nonsense, all off a sudden, they no have time for you. LOL. I have learned to cut them off before they cut me off. No time for nonsense jare. Or is it the ones now coaching you on how to find a man affter they get marriedd. It’s not by skills o, it’s by luck sometimes.

11. shabba

September 8, 2016 at 1:09 pm

Abi this one that now want to become friends again when she went to the UK to have her baby. I didn’t hear from her in Nigeria but when boredom entered her in UK cos her bubby was in Nigeria, she started pinging me blowing up my phone wanting to gist…smh

12. John

September 8, 2016 at 1:20 pm

Married woman vs single lonely women…that is all I get from the comments

13. WENDYQ

September 8, 2016 at 1:45 pm

I want to watch the video but I am still scared from the last video.