Features

Of Akwaeke Emezi & Mariona Lloreta! The Other Side of a Plagiarism Accusation & the Social Media Witch Hunt

Last week, social media was abuzz with the news of plagiarism accusations by Morland Fellowship recipient & writer, Akwaeke Emezi. Ms. Emezi accused filmmaker Mariona Lloreta of stealing her work, and the accusation spurred a lot angry conversation about appropriation, race and other attendant issues that come from stories like this.

Akwaeke accused Mariona of copying her short film Ududeuagu

Watch Ududeagu here:

So, let’s take a look at the product that was allegedly copied:

Watch Amenze here:

Amenze, In Between Worlds (film trailer) from Mariona Lloreta on Vimeo.

Following Akwaeke’s call out on social media, her friends and followers went into formation standing behind her and against all forms of injustice of creative theft.

We received an email calling our attention to the other side of the plagiarism accusation and we believe that it makes for important discourse – especially because the social media stampede is something that anyone can easily get caught up in.

****

A New York based, young Nigerian woman, Akwaeke Emezi (“the accuser”) claims that “her work” was “stolen”/plagiarized by a “white” filmmaker,Mariona Lloreta (“the accused”) that I have worked with. I happen to know Akwaeke as well but I know her as “Zara”

Both these young ladies directed films with very different storylines. Akwaeke’s film is 1 minute 45 secs long and Mariona’s film is 11 minutes 4 secs long. The images they both used to promote their films are somewhat similar and based on this Akwaeke has launched a campaign to discredit Mariona. I have watched both films.

I was so dumbfounded and disturbed by all I saw online regarding this issue that I started documenting what I came across. The “accuser” has rallied her bunch of cronies to basically terrorize the “accuses” life. This includes
– Daily insults on social media,
-Threatening to attend film festivals where “the accusees” films is being shown
– Calling “the accusee” a white supremist!
– calling her cronies to take up arms
– Reaching out to “all and sundry” to “alert” them to the fact that her work has been plagiarized and not to work with “the accusee”,
-posting images of the “the accusee” as a child and calling her a “white devil”

marionachildtwitter4 twitter2 NoWOCAF yagfb

The two images that are in question in this dispute

CtJJgW5WAAEKvHq

As a professional in this industry, I feel like I have to speak up because what is going on online regarding this matter is grossly unfair as far as I am concerned. The conversation, which is currently one-sided, has unearthed several complexities given the dire times we live in the US at the moment. As it tends to happen online, the majority of people dishing out insults, have not seen both films and are basing all they know about this issue on “hear say” and two images that look similar. Talking about similar images, I have attached “Ingrid Mwangi.jpg“ which is another similar image to the 2 images in questions. So does this mean Akwaeke Emezi plagiarized Ingrid Mwangi’s work???? Ideas are a dime a dozen!mwangi-hutter

It just goes to show that when social media is misused it can get pretty ugly pretty quickly. The sad part is that it can also have a damaging effect on someone’s life and career. I think that it is very important in this day and age to educate the young people on proper social media etiquette.

The accuser’s sister is also a well-known blogger online and she is using the “power” she has to assist her sister in this mess. This is not the way to resolve conflict. I am truly appalled!

yagfbI am reaching out to organizations like yours that I believe practice good journalism and do their due diligence to post an open letter that I found in my research on this matter. It gives another voice to this story. This letter has now been removed from the page I found it on, I believe, to keep the story one sided.

Below is a link to Akwaeke’s film http://www.akwaeke.com/ududeagu

And a link to the trailer of Marionna’s film https://vimeo.com/170989254

Thank you for reading my email and I look forward to hearing back regarding posting the open letter.

***

We believe that this situation is a very serious and we need to be very careful before we join the social media mob. It could be you.

Please share your opinion below.

1. Big Tee

October 6, 2016 at 5:46 pm

Was an existing work copied? yes or no? If I understand the expert opinion in the email BN received, he or she is saying that ideas can occur in people’s mind randomly, why can’t the copycat’s idea trail a different route? I watched both videos, they might have different story lines….the debate here is about the “imagery”, for instance- Mr. A and Mr. B may speak different languages, if you hear them speaking, but they’ll look similar if they wore matching clothes. So your expert should please have a seat, we have a brain, we can think, and yes, we watched both videos…..Stay blessed!

2. jaxen

October 6, 2016 at 5:58 pm

As a writer myself (one who is forever stuck in the revision phase), i understand that my ideas are not always unique. What is unique is my method of delivery because no two people can write in the exact same way. If two people anywhere are given the same foundation to work on, no matter where they are in the world, the end product would always be different.

That said, after watching both videos, i must say i am very disappointed with this Emezi person and her cohorts. How do you use a picture to not only discredit someone’s work but bully them and threaten their lives. Both stories in my opinion are very different, not only in literal content but cinematography too. The only similarities here are the hair on both actors and posters for both shorts.

Have her friends watched both shorts to make sure it was plagiarized or this is just a case of blind allegiance? Have they lost all their ability to be objective just because she’s their friend? Well, they are doing her a disservice because when objective people put the two together and start advocating for the truth, she would become the laughing stock, You do not climb to the top of the ladder by dragging others who are already en-route down, because what would happen is they would trample on you on their way down.

• Ewa

October 6, 2016 at 6:24 pm

Now we know who sent the email..

3. Person

October 6, 2016 at 6:11 pm

Please, have a stadium full of seats! Did this white woman copy Akwaeke’s work? YES or NO? Imagery CAN be copyrighted. And yes, it is a pertinence fact that a white woman stole a black woman’s work and attempted to pass it off as hers.

• Betterlife

October 17, 2016 at 8:44 pm

This is about race now? How ludicrous!

4. Wait

October 6, 2016 at 6:46 pm

It’s clear that there are both sides to the story and they should be told well.

From watching the film, for those who aren’t familiar with other African international artists and writers, Akwaeke’s work was not the only work Mariona included in her short film. Akwaeke getting angry over just an image can be seen as damning, but she can only speak for herself and not on behalf of the other artists who had their work copied/altered/paraphrased by the same Mariona.

Simply put, Mariona did copy the work of not just one artist, but of several other black artists. This is a notorious problem in the art community and the shaming of our black artists who don’t have enough reach for being angry, regardless of how they express themselves, is wrong. Perhaps if more people paid attention to the theft than the anger, they wouldn’t be as frustrated?

It is also curious that BN made no mention of this story when it first occurred and yet, here we are, with no direct, updated quote from either artist. Akwaeke has a right to be angry for herself and other artists, but this post just seems petty and personal (curated screenshots and all) as ‘just reason’.

Curious to hear from accused, if we haven’t already.

• Naijatalk

October 6, 2016 at 10:55 pm

Thanks for pointing this out. Akwaeke has been on about this for a while on her Facebook page

5. Idomagirl

October 6, 2016 at 7:55 pm

So let me get this straight – all this stems from those two similar images & nothing else?
    Is there something else we aren’t seeing?

Also, I don’t know what the writer is trying to say – are you saying Akwaeke’s work was stolen or wasn’t stolen?
    Are you saying all this has been blown out of proportion?

I’m just confused.

6. Truthie

October 6, 2016 at 8:30 pm

It should be accuser and accused, right? Writer, which one is accuses and accusee biko. Anyways there is no new art. Everything has been done before. I’m not with Zara on this one. The images are different to me, the videos too. I saw the bashing on Twitter and Instagram and seems like people are pouring their frustration with white people on the poor woman. Don’t worry y’all, in your next world come as white mbok.

I was almost a writer, thank God I left their shit for another career. Poor hungry fellas who can’t even figure out how to turn frustration into income. If na musicians they will release beef music and beef rap and bars and make money and reconcile the next year . Not writers. Their shit is real.

• Liaro

October 7, 2016 at 12:09 am

You’re just a failed and uninspired writer.

7. Ladybird

October 6, 2016 at 8:51 pm

After reading this article I have to say Emezi is behaving like a rabid dog. Calm down a bit! Ideas are not always unique. Again, you are not the first person whose work has been plagiarized. You won’t be the last either. There are better ways to handle issues like this. It’s best to hear from the other party in a reasonable and calm way. All these insults are just making you look bad.Even though you “may” be the victim I’m put off just by reading all the nasty things you and your friends are posting an wouldn’t want to come across someone like that.

8. Nne Umu Boys!

October 6, 2016 at 8:55 pm

I watched the videos before reading the email and the first thing I thought after watching was “where is the work that was copied?” I see no plagiarism in this work. Yes the images are similar and maybe the other lady could have executed differently but how about the third image? Did Akwaeke copy or ‘draw inspiration’ from it or not? Lets not be playing this cheap race card at every blink abeg.

9. Sally

October 6, 2016 at 9:00 pm

1) I think Akwaeke plagiarized Ingrid Mwangi’s work
    2) I think Zara and Franca are bullies who have let their internet fame get to their heads
    3) I like Yagazie but when too many people clap for you, don’t you start thinking your opinion is always right. We get wiser as we grow older.
    4) Akwaeke writes well – as good as many others. Having the same agent as Adichie does not make you a genius.

• Uche

October 6, 2016 at 11:58 pm

I think

1. That you’re just bitter. I don’t know the sisters, but I know enough about them to know that by calling them by their childhood pet names means you knew them intimately and that by speaking poorly of them means you harbour a bias against one or the other.

2. Both sisters are talented and that goes without saying, simple. “Having the same agent as Adichie does not make you a genius”, it doesn’t but Adichie isn’t a genius herself. Akwaeke’s writing is amazing and speaks for itself.

3. You are assuming things about both individuals based of what? A sister suppporting her sister and an artist upset over her work being stolen? Please, take a seat.

We are so quick to tear down our fellow artists who are actually working at representing us accurately to the world but keep quiet when foreigners tell our own stories for us?

• Not Uche

October 9, 2016 at 6:18 pm

Zara? Or Franca or both, who’s speaking here again? You are never served than by yourself…

10. Jules

October 6, 2016 at 9:53 pm

This thing wan confuse person sef, me I can’t really see the plagiarism oh after watching the videos oh well then MwangiHutter -neger don’t call me (2000) should join in this matter too. We live in a very volatile world so use the marginalization/race card/…,… Without error.

11. Henry

October 7, 2016 at 12:07 am

I think Akwaeke went about it the wrong way by way of insult.

I don’t think Yagazie should be faulted for supporting her own sister, especially when she didn’t make any harsh remarks, she just pointed out the theft.

I do think Akwaeke is talented and I see the similarities and that of other artists as well. If you are not familiar with the work and that of other artists, don’t put your mouth in. This Mariana lady has stolen and made profit off other black artists in the past.

Right now, I think it’s wise to support our own. Akwaeke is continuously gathering recognition for her works as a Nigerian writer. What is this Mariana girl doing for Nigeria?

People wake up! Don’t be so quick to tear down your own because of what I can see as people just taking out their personal grievances against Emezi. Wake up!

This whole article just screams personal pettiness as people take time out to tear down their fellow Nigerians.

• Oladimeji

October 9, 2016 at 8:06 pm

Response to Henry who said, “I think it’s wise to support our own”. Support our own at the expense of honesty and good sense…? We need to stop making lame excuses and making people free of blame by virtue of them being our own. As the Yoruba saying goes:
      Àdàpè olè ní ńjé “ọmọ-ọ mi ńféwó” (translation, It’s a euphemistic description of stealing to say “my child’s hands are uncontrollably nimble”)
      The dog bites her puppies with the same teeth it uses in playing with them. Telling someone the truth does not mean you hate them or are against them. Quite the contrary, in fact.

12. WAIT

October 7, 2016 at 12:17 am

Posting my commentary again because it’s clear and interesting that Nigerians would rather tear down their own than support,

I have stated clearly as another professional, to counter this blog poster professional, that Akwaeke’s work ALONG WITH OTHER ARTISTS’ WORK WAS STOLEN AND THIS IS A FACT.

If you can’t recognize that not just her work, but the other stolen work, it’s not your fault but know that Mariana has indeed reformatted the work of other black artists to suit her own agenda and make a profit from it.

Curious to hear from accused, if we haven’t already.

13. Bodz

October 7, 2016 at 12:20 am

I totally see the influence, but I don’t think it’s an exact replica.

What I do see is people who are claiming to know Emezi use this as an opportunity to bash he which is ironic given the point of the article of avoiding stuff. Maybe that was the goal?

14. jhennique

October 7, 2016 at 8:29 am

LOL. Let everybody just calm down. I do not see any plagiarism here.
    That you have an idea doesn’t mean it can occur to someone else somewhere. You are not the only one with a mind

15. Rainbow

October 7, 2016 at 8:33 am

In short if Ms Emezi feels she has suffered an injustice
    She (with the support of her gang) should put her money where her mouth is,go ahead and file a law suit, seek an injunction and claim damages
    Let’s imagine what a judge operating outside the arty farty world of egos is likely to say ….,?

16. gbaskelebo

October 7, 2016 at 9:07 am

Na today??? talk about Oedipus Rex (Sophocles) and The gods are not to blame ! (Ola Rotimi) Abegi … Second base jare!

17. Ashimolowo

October 7, 2016 at 12:05 pm

Zara Emezi, you just damn did it again didnt you?!. ‘Always leaving pain behind’. You and your 3000+ cronies helping you feed on a deluded know-it-all state of mind and claiming ownership to cultural appropriation. Wao! And you, Olutimehin Adegbeye, with a child of your own, labelling another person’s child a “little demon”. I thought children wre out of bounds, you’ve just earned yourself a permanent residency at some psychiatry ward one million miles away from the nearest human,

18. LasgidiGirl

October 7, 2016 at 12:59 pm

Bella Naija how timely is this article…OCTOBER IS CYBER BULLING AWARENESS MONTH….people have lost lives due to cyber bulling! thank you for this. By the way Emezi has discredited herself also because who wants to work with someone who handles herself like this!

19. Concerned Artist

October 7, 2016 at 1:25 pm

I watched the Twitter/Instagram mob attack unfold and I have to say, I was completely disgusted by Emezi and her supporters. There is no plagiarism here. I have actually seen Mariona Llorata’s entire film. It is nothing like Emezi’s. I read comments about Lloreta stealing Black culture and appropriating. That is the most ridiculous part in all this. Non-Black people have every right to make Black art, especially when they pay the UTMOST respect to Black people and to Black culture. This is NOT a case of Lloreta using African art/culture and claiming it as European, so STOP calling it appropriation. Emezi’s supporters are playing a very dangerous game here, telling someone what kind of art they should and should not make. I guess since Emezi’s imagine looks similar to Ingrid Mwangi’s work, we should all stop supporting Emezi. Not that she has my support anyway, I am too turned off by Emezi and her followers at this point.

20. Eko4show

October 7, 2016 at 1:34 pm

This deaf girl and her herpes, again?!. You dont listen too good Zara, when will you stop this your narcissistic behavior biko, this is totally unfair. Haba! 🙁 For someone with a very nasty and questionable past, you should be more careful girl, take the high road, accuse with caution. And Franca (Yagazie) I know you are tied to some sibling loyalty here + you guys share everything including two men, in recent past (so you know this is someone that knows you both) but, people look up to you. You should be leading with good examples, not this impertinent behavior. You both owe that woman an apology at the very least.

21. Lalaroses

October 7, 2016 at 3:03 pm

1. Anybody can wrap dreads around their face but its obvious when it is copied 2. Bellanaija shame on you. With this letter. You are a white butt kisser. Respect your own. Bye.

• Ashimolowo

October 8, 2016 at 3:10 am

@Lalaroses, wait a minute. Anybody can wrap dreads around their face but its obvious when it’s copied?! ooookay. Curious to know how you can tell. No worries dear, I’m sure this means something in your La-la land. About you calling bellanaija, white butt kissing. What a very well articulated and timely raised remark. The idol you’re blindly worshiping should know everything about white butt kissing LITERALLY since she was once married to a white guy. Lmao.
      Respect yourself. Stop making a fool of yourself.

22. Engoz

October 7, 2016 at 3:57 pm

There is a reason why literary works are copyrighted. Social media is not the place to solve these issues. Rather take legal action against the person who infringed the copyright. The courts will decide if indeed it’s worth pursuing. Let’s act like adults before going militant on social media.

23. Akin

October 7, 2016 at 4:07 pm

Where does one begin with nonsense? Zara and her sister Yagazie self=-appointed representatives of all authentic black people invented people covering their face with hair. A basic google search will show that hair has been covering face in photography since at least 1920. Ingrid Mwangi’s [photograph is one of many You are not the inventor, and using your social media platform to cyber-bully and try to destroy another person, does not comport well at all, at all. My question to the various lemmings attacking this woman, you obviously have nothing better to do with your life, why not Pariwo about something of actual consequence. As you launch your campaign to destroy this woman, disrupting screenings and just making a fool of yourself, remember that karma is real.

24. Ruuki

October 7, 2016 at 4:28 pm

White girl??? Mariona is of Egyptian heritage!!!! abi Egypt is not in Africa again ni. Beside isn’t Zara mixed race herself. where is all this race card calling coming from. Na wa oh. @engoz thank you!

25. WAQ

October 8, 2016 at 4:34 pm

I watched both films in their entirety, not just the trailer posted here. you can actually google and watch “Amenze: in between worlds” from start to finish on vimeo. I also followed Mariona’s work outside of this, including her artwork and a trailer to a short film about skin bleaching called “Sankofa”. I was doubtful about the claim that a singular picture could be used to claim plagiarism. So I did my research and questioned, and at the end of the day have come to this conclusion: the influence of Akwaeke’s work in Mariona’s is undeniable.

Anyone who tries to claim otherwise is either pretending or not paying close enough attention. And it’s not just the two images of dreadlocks wrapped around a face, it’s their placement in the film, it’s the way that they are used in the film, as well as other elements such as the voiceover. For the film Sankofa, it’s the way that Mariona used white fabric and a foreign language voiceover w subtitles. It’s a combination of little elements that add up, and when you consider that Mariona has been following Akwaeke’s work for 2 years now, it is not just coincidence.

Furthermore, Mariona has not just done this to Akwaeke. Do this, search the following 2 items on google image: “Mariona Lloreta” and “Oroma Elewa”. Mariona used the picture of a different Nigerian woman and used it to make art, which she is selling as her own without acknowledging the influence of black women on her art.

And that is the thing that bothers me: not that Mariona is being influenced by other artists– after all, we are all influenced by other creators– but the fact that she does it with such irreverence, the fact that she fails to acknowledge that she is benefitting from the labor of others. I think it is especially a problem because, as you know, white people have a legacy of taking from the labor of black people and failing to give appropriate credit or compensation.

While Lloreta has Egyptian ancestry, she is, nonetheless, European by heritage. She is Catalan, and easily passes for white. Race is as much about how people see you as how you see yourself. Mariona sees herself as a woman of color, but unfortunately many people don’t know this when they see her at once. As such, she can benefit from white privilege, and can misuse it, which is what she did here.

Mariona Lloreta makes beautiful art. It is gorgeous and soulful and makes you want to keep looking. Unfortunately, some of it is stolen, and that raises questions about the integrity of her interaction with black culture.

• John Olokun

October 9, 2016 at 12:14 am

You are so ignorant, you see an apple and a she-goat and couldn’t tell them apart. Grab your glasses and go get schooled.
      storify.com/JohnOlokun/onemeziaccusinglloreta

• Stop Global Warming

October 9, 2016 at 3:35 am

You have to hand it to Bellanaija for allowing this discussion to persist. Respect!

@WAQ. You sure about that spelling? Maybe try W-A-C-K instead.
      1/”White fabric + a foreign language voiceover w subtitles = the influence of Akwaeke’s work in Mariona’s is undeniable”
      I’ve got one for you:
      Soup can + a banana = the influence of Andy Warhol on my dinner is undeniable
      Yeah, got it from the same generator where you got yours.
      2/”Mariona used the picture of a different Nigerian woman and used it to make art, which she is selling as her own without acknowledging the influence of black women on her art.”
      So, she took a portrait picture with her Nikon (or whatever) camera, placed ten inches from Oroma’s face without her permission?. Or, did she paint that black woman as a white dude? Not sure I’m following. Can you elaborate? Wait, don’t. I found my crack pipe, now we are on the same page.
      3/”as you know, white people have a legacy of taking from the labor of black people”
      You’ve got no reason to show fear on this one, darling. Ain’t no white thief about to steal any of that crap you put together.
      4/”Mariona sees herself as a woman of color, but unfortunately many people don’t know this when they see her at once.”
      Maybe we should force her to wear a sign that says she sees herself as a woman of color and please people, do treat me accordingly. I hope that helps you get to sleep and stay asleep. The world doesn’t need more bullshit. Everybody knows cow dung contributes to global warming.

• WAQ

October 9, 2016 at 6:59 pm

Point # 2: as you enjoy your “crack pipe”, I would like to repeat my very simple instructions which you seem to have missed the first time: search on Google Images the names “Mariona Lloreta” and “Oroma Elewa” for clear proof that Mariona has plagiarized the work of at least one black African woman artist. Additionally, Oroma herself admitted this on Twitter. I do my research before I say anything. It is unfortunate that you do not.

I honestly don’t have the time to respond to the rest of your comment. Your condescending, dismissive and insulting way of speaking to a stranger on the internet says enough about your character for me to know that you are more interested in a fight than in actual dialog. So do have a blessed day– to borrow your term of endearment– “darling”.

• Stop Global Warming

October 10, 2016 at 12:54 am

WACK, I sincerely apologize… for trusting you with going to sleep. Now you’re back, and all trying to send light when you’re supposed to turn them off and be in a deep coma already. Best believe I will need something stronger than the crack pipe to go through this one. I can only pray that all this link copy-pasting ramble of yours has finally lulled you into the natural continuation of your vegetative state… or that the on-call nurse will find her way to your room to sedate you with a syringe full of your own soporific shit. Stay blessed too, darling, but more importantly, please, stay asleep- and have nice dreams where all of us are damned in hell for not following your delirium.

26. NYC Artist

October 8, 2016 at 8:12 pm

What?! Unbelievable. I am so disgustingly disappointed at Akwaeke, her sister Yagazie and her followers, “machete”, “little devil”, “thief”, really? So, you say, no institution should post another take on this issue. Are you going to “not fuck with” Bellanaija too, what kind of narcissistic Donald Trumping mentality is this crap?! Olutimehin Adegbeye, really?!. You are the one who needs an exorcist, before you go out there bullying people, make sure you are irreproachable first, calling yourself a feminist and you want to give people lessons about Blackness, with all that fake hair on your head that was most likely stolen from some poor Indian woman who gave it as an offering to the God she worships at the temple. Wanna talk about cultural appropriation? If that ain’t it for you, then, what is?. From stealing the physical aesthetics to insulting the spiritual gesture of some woman at the other corner of the Earth. You guys are the worst.

27. Mama Buki

October 9, 2016 at 12:46 am

A friend of mine sent me a link to this post, as we had both seen Mariona’s film at a film festival in Philadelphia (if I remember correctly in one of the “hate” post’s by Akwaeke & co, a festival was mentioned where both films were shown). My friend curates film screenings too and is a professor of Black cinema.

I am going to put my mother hat on and give my 2 kobo. The friend that sent this to me knew I would be interested as I am an indie movie lover and attend many film festivals around the world. As a mother of 2 teenage girls, I was very saddened to see that young ladies were behind this seemingly senseless assault. The comments, whilst mostly constructive have a few that make me realize the sad state of this accusation. @WAQ, I don’t mean to be condescending…oh hell well maybe I am being…, but your analysis of the style of story telling in both films is totally WACK!!!!!
    “And it’s not just the two images of dreadlocks wrapped around a face, it’s their placement in the film, it’s the way that they are used in the film, as well as other elements such as the voiceover.”

For anyone that follows short films there are 1 million and 40 short films that use this exact same style… It’s a cheap way to tell stories for indie filmmakers and requires less actors/actresses.
    So unless Akwaeke invented this style of story telling, then this is a non- issue! It’s quite obvious that a lot of folks that are up in arms about this matter don’t even know what they are talking about!

I googled Mariona Lloreta” and “Oroma Elewa as you suggested (I see how you all try and use google to fool us…LOL…you kids need to get it together!!) and all I found again were accusations by “Akwaeke” regarding images being allegedly misused. You keep mentioning the word “stolen” like its an intentional ploy to get certain words associated with this young ladies (Mariona’s) name. I am beginning to feel like there is some personal vendetta against this woman. If my daughters were involved in this kind of mess, I would definitely know I have not taught them anything.

I guess the world we live in today involves a lot of social media interaction, and the tones in the posts I read in the images attached to this post are mind-boggling, scary, sound off-balanced and I could go on and on. I don’t understand where all this rage is coming from…well maybe I do…I know we are living in times where we are bombarded 1st hand with horrific news – but to a part of a negative, damming tone online is a low blow and sickening at best. Cyber bullying is as real as the Orange man is real.

Well I guess if the man running for president can go off on social media whenever his balls itch, and he is supposed to be someone that people are meant to look up to, then I guess I don’t blame you all for this despicable behavior. I dread to think what my kids will be exposed to in the future.

I pray and hope that all this mess will stop. I send light to you all!!!!

We have a lot of work to do y’all!! Chikena!

• WAQ

October 9, 2016 at 7:25 pm

I said to search each of those names on google image–> https://images.google.com/. I just scrolled up and looked at my original comment to be sure that that was what I wrote.

If someone “steals” another person’s work, then yes, I will say that the work was “stolen”.

As for my analysis of the film, everyone is allowed to have their own opinions when it comes to the arts, and I put mine forward only after observing and reflecting. I don’t expect everyone to approve of my thoughts or agree, and so I have made peace with the fact that there will always be someone who thinks that what I have to say is “wack” or unnecessary.

I send light to you as well, and I hope that you take the time to consider that you might be mistaken.

Have a blessed day.

• WAQ

October 9, 2016 at 7:45 pm

28. Stop Global Warming

October 10, 2016 at 1:58 pm

Wanted persons notice: @WACK, @BIG TEE (small everything else), @EWA(T AM I DOIN HERE), @(tomfool) PERSON, @WAIT (and don’t see), @UCHE(AP), @HENRY (the last), @BODZ (over mind), @LALAROSES (proud citizen of La-la-land country, props to ©Ashimolowo)
    Morpheus wants to see y’all like right now (not the one from the Matrix movies, the Greek god of dreams). Feel free to stride what you delude yourself into thinking is the high road, as long as it’s a shortcut to the nearest pillow you can lay your heads and your tired arguments on. I know that having hollow puppet-cloth bodies moved by Emezi’s chicanery + getting it twisted from the word go + being full of self-righteous hot air, endows you people with amazing malleability, but please, you all, Emezi, and the nasty dozen, need to stop getting all bent out of shape over nothing, puff puff passing a bunch of malicious, moronic, flaky-ass fabulations, like we’re in some Summer of Hate, foul, dystopian re-enactment of year 1967.
    I don’t particularly enjoy badgering people into rubbing their noses in their own dingleberry, but when you all decided to go for full-fledged bullying tactics, you must have expected you’d have to kiss the feces clinging to your butt hair at some point. Remember, bullies come in all shapes and sizes, so for every Stab, Pee-Wee and Zilla (House Party), there’s always a Deebo (Friday).
    And all that for what, please? The public self-embarrassment of making a scene at the baggage claim over a piece of standard black luggage, only to end up reading another person’s name on the name tag. And to think I’d scold my niece for throwing a tantrum on the subway over some other kid’s toy that looks like the one she left at home.
    Glad there are people around who are not about to let you bring your KalaKaKa Republic mentality to our Bella Naija.

• WAQ

October 10, 2016 at 4:31 pm

LOL OK. God bless you. 🙂

29. Paula Banks

October 11, 2016 at 7:08 pm

Very sad how online bantering/harassing is now a “thing”. This should be taken to court, not judged by invisible people behind a screen