Features

Girl Spice: The Struggles of a Beautiful Woman

dreamstime_m_10196205Every woman is beautiful, each in their own special way.
Beauty too is very much in the eyes of the beholder, that much is true.

Someone once said what might be too tall or too short for some is just the right height for another, too fat or too skinny just the right size, too light or too dark and vice versa.

However, society considers the way some women look, or rather some features a woman may possess, as the general criteria for beautiful. Whatever it is, it’s that sort of beauty that is striking, the kind that comes with a lot of attention.

I bet it would not occur to some people that some beautiful women are conservative and would like to just slip in and out of places without being noticed. That beautiful woman that everyone notices when she walks into a room might just be a tad shy. She might just want to glide in unannounced and blend with the crowd.
Without standing out.
Without turning heads
All that attention, however might just be the least of her troubles.

For one, half the women she meets automatically assume she is a snob with no brains at all.
Half the men are making sex scenes in their head and equally think “this one cannot possibly have anything upstairs”.

She gets to have numerous mostly unwarranted attention from men which trust me, is not so much fun.
It is in fact, annoying, exasperating and draining.

You know why? Because she can easily see that most of them just want to show off with her. Show the world that they are the ones that finally got this girl. Like a trophy, an object!

Lest I forget, the other half of the men? They are love struck when they first set eyes on her in awe, and develop a crush so quickly they cannot see that she is not perfect. They turn a blind eye to the fact that she is human.
In their eyes she cannot be anything but perfect.

But, all she wants is for you to see that she is human too. She has her sad and her happy, her ups and down moments, her not so flattering days and just wants to be needed as much as you think she needs you.
The numerous attention from different men at the same time drives her nuts. They all think they have found “the one”,  but she cannot love all of them even if she wants to be nice. There can be only one man for her.

Some of the rare occasions she thinks she has found a soulmate in someone, they turn and run because they think she is too good to be true. “No she cannot be this beautiful on the inside and out.”
Or they think that they don’t deserve her.

This woman is just begging for the one that would see beyond the physical, that would see the girl inside, the one that would see beyond the beautiful.
Love her for the selfless woman she is, love the child inside of her. love her because she is smart and funny and playful and calm at the same time.

Love her because she can be loyal and trusting and true.

She is not flawless. She isn’t perfect. She is just a girl begging to be loved – the right kind of way.

Photo Credit: Daniel Korzeniewski | Dreamstime.com

Girls spice is a girl like any other single girl living and working in the nation’s Capital. She believes in love. Not just any kind of love, the type you see in fairytales. She considers herself an incurable romantic and writes anonymously on https://dairyofanincurableromantic.wordpress.com

1. Darius

December 2, 2016 at 9:14 pm

Hmmmmmmm….. a post sponsored by a beautiful woman I guess.

• wuteva!

December 2, 2016 at 9:25 pm

haaaaa

2. K

December 2, 2016 at 9:22 pm

So we’re supposed to sympathize with the beautiful ladies because they have it so bad. Lol.

3. Spunky

December 2, 2016 at 9:22 pm

Eyaaaa(lol)! for real, most pretty ladies I befriend are single. Perceiving them from afar, one begins to imagine them with numerous partners or not lacking from male attention. A typical case of ” her beauty,her curse”. Pretty sometimes hurt.

4. mars

December 2, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Exactly not 2 mention d amount of fine girl u hear on d road

5. Cookie

December 3, 2016 at 12:32 am

Tell me about it, sigh!

6. Pheena

December 3, 2016 at 1:20 am

Girl spice, whoever you are, awesome piece you have written here. If you don’t mind mind getting in touch with me, I want to write beautiful pieces similar to this and I also live in the nation’s capital.

7. Nahum

December 3, 2016 at 2:41 am

What rubbish is this? We have not finished sympathizing with the poor, the widowed and the orphans, fine people now want to add their own. Abeg bounce with this rubbish jor, make we face people with REAL issues.

8. Ada Nnewi

December 3, 2016 at 2:51 am

As usual the angry “ugly” ones will come and spoil this beautiful post with nonsense comments…

9. nene

December 3, 2016 at 2:57 am

oh please. beautiful women are the only ones who complain, but handsome men are always honest about how their “beauty” has gotten them far in life and they appreciate their looks. please be real. being born beautiful is a gift and a blessing, especially in this 21st century of fakeness, cosmetic surgery, vanity, etc. it’s like saying being wealthy is a curse because of all the sycophants it attracts. as a beautiful woman, it’s how you present yourself and how you carry yourself that brings about the people you attract into your life.

10. Ada_ugo

December 3, 2016 at 3:12 am

not sure why the image is that of an underage girl…?

• Aminu

December 3, 2016 at 6:22 am

That’s the image of A Real Nigerian.

• "changing moniker"

December 3, 2016 at 8:08 pm

Haha

11. Marian

December 3, 2016 at 3:48 am

Everyone’s struggle is real though. Just because you are rich, famous, very beautiful does not mean your issues are less valid. I tell people bone what people will think, don’t suffer in silence. Depression is real! “Mo’ Money Mo’ Problems” maybe the same goes for beauty.

12. Chichi

December 3, 2016 at 5:08 am

I can certainly identify with some of the points she made. I know that feeling of walking into a room and getting the once over; wondering if there’s something wrong with you. Having to act extra friendly, because a lot of people will not warm to you until you’ve proven you’re not a snob. A guy asking very suspiciously how you could be smart, good looking, of good character and unmarried; getting tired of hearing ‘why do you want to be with me when you can have someone better’, or is that a line guys pull with the ladies?
    BUT, on the other hand, there are A LOT of perks that being tall, slim and good looking come with. They far outweigh any so-called negatives. Won’t have it any other way.

13. Katiana

December 3, 2016 at 7:19 am

Girlspice, I do love your articles but this aint for me. Proly because I dont consider myself beautiful lol. Mbok BN when would you start featuring this year’s epilogues? I’m looking forward to reading them. I might just share mine too.

14. jenny

December 3, 2016 at 11:27 am

So true @ chichi,recently got out of a relationship cus he tinks am too fine n d attention I gt from guys scares him.am tayad seriously

15. misskay

December 4, 2016 at 5:14 am

never have I related to an article as much as I do this, pretty truly hurts. I had a convo with a GF and she says how come u always get the attention when we walk in a room. I replied getting the attention is easy but getting the right attention from a man with content who thinks beyond sex is the hard part. to which she nods in affirmative…

16. Mo'Diva

December 5, 2016 at 11:10 am

Some may not even want to talk to you because they’ll think, ehn? what;s wrong with her bcos everybody is tripping does not mean i’m one, hence unnecessary beefing. I told my colleague in the office that I don’t like going to the office dining when people are much cos i’m shy, he found it difficult to believe, he thinks I enjoy dem attentions. No! Some may not believe if u tell them u a virgin. I don tire. And at times I look at myself and say??????