BN TV

Lady Gaga: ‘I Suffer from a Mental Illness’ The Singer speaks on her Battle with PTSD

BellaNaija.com

_-lady-gaga_1_bellanaija

Lady Gaga is bravely opening up about her battle with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and how she suffers from a mental illness.

The 30-year-old singer paid a visit recently to the Ali Forney Center, a homeless shelter for LGBT youth in New York City’s Harlem neighborhood, for the #ShareKindness campaign.

“I love to give things to people that have nothing or less than me. These children are not just homeless or in need. Many of them are trauma survivors; they’ve been rejected in some kind of way,” Gaga said during the visit, which was shown on The Today Show on Monday (December 5). “My own trauma in my life has helped me to understand the trauma of others.”

“I don’t have the same kind of issues that you have, but I have a mental illness and I struggle with that every day so I need my mantra to help keep me relaxed,” Gaga said while leading a meditation exercise. “I told the kids today that I suffer from a mental illness. I suffer from PTSD. I’ve never told anyone that before, so here we are. But the kindness that’s been shown to me by doctors—as well as my family and my friends—it’s really saved my life.”

Watch the Video

1. Not the 9 o'clock News.

December 6, 2016 at 3:21 am

You wear a dress, clothe yourself in raw, red meat. You “incubate’ and lock yourself up and stay inside an egg(-shaped vessel) for 72 hours/3 days and ‘hatch’ on the Grammys red carpet. You admitted on the Graham Norton show that from when you were young you had voices in your head and for the longest time you were drinking and doing a lot of drugs. You went everywhere carrying that purple teacup because teacups make you feel at home because your mother gave you tea as a child. Note to Gaga: Most everyone’s mother gave them tea as a child. Most everyone doesn’t go carrying purple teacups down the toilet tissue aisle of Walmart, for example. You said your perfume would smell like an expensive hooker because you put samples of your own blood inside. What sane person wants to smell like a prostitute, expensive or otherwise? What sane person puts their own blood in a perfume? What sane person wants to wear perfume with human blood in it? And, semen, You put semen in it too, and a lot of equally gaga persons actually bought that perfume. Oh, and, you also had your urine turned into perfume. You had someone vomit on you on stage. You, also, vomited on stage. FOUR times. In one performance. You ate a cow heart, live. Your PA/friend has exposed that part of her duties was to sleep in the same bed as you because you cannot sleep alone. You have confessed that you believe you are haunted by the devil, that you feel you have a phantom in your house, etc.

And now, you announce that you suffer from mental illness?

Like, this is news???

Anyway, when those you run to for help, actually need help themselves, like Deepak Chopra, whom sought for help because, as you tell him, you feel haunted by the devil, that the devil wants to take you, and you are afraid, and you believe there is a phantom in your house and you keep having a particular very scary nightmare, only laughs and tells you to “’embrace your insanity!”‘, one can only pray, that you get desperate enough to turn away from all the trendy, arty, New Age religions and ‘spirituality’ and that you find the way to that good, ole time religion, that humble Christian faith and its Saviour, and find peace and deliverance, salvation, rest and wholeness.

In JESUS’ Name, Amen.

• Roh

December 6, 2016 at 7:51 am

Oya, clap for yourself ?. Analyser.

• nikky

December 6, 2016 at 4:31 pm

But she is a Christian. Is her own Christianity is different? I’m not understanding.

2. Frank

December 6, 2016 at 4:10 am

Why do all these stupid ass celebrities like lady gaga always look for sympathy. 1st you were molested, raped and now you have mental illness and PTSD. GTFOH. Did she get PTSD when Hilary lost. When are you and the rest of you faggot ass Hollywood cohorts moving to another country now that Donald Trump won. Looking for sympathy, you are definitely not getting any from me. GTFOH with your sympathy looking behind.

• joan

December 6, 2016 at 4:33 am

because, you male pig, 25% of us have been molested by horrible men like you and we need to let everybody know so that my granddaughters don’t suffer. Fuck you, you horrible excuse for a human being.

• nene

December 6, 2016 at 10:00 am

celebrities always like to gain sympathy and remain talked about. lady gaga has always been an attention seeker.

3. Random

December 6, 2016 at 4:31 am

Why do all these mean bloggers never know when to shut up especially when they never have anything kind or productive to say? Is it by force to comment? Live and let live. Focus on fixing your own attitude.

4. Missappleberry

December 6, 2016 at 6:47 am

Mental illness indeed! Is there anyone in this life who hasn’t suffered from PTSD in one form or the other at some point in their lives? All this celebs will not let someone hear word. Hiss!

5. YMB

December 6, 2016 at 9:18 am

off topic. She is stunning without the excessive bruhaha. She could have been masking her mental issues or simply expressing herself. who really knows

6. Bowl

December 6, 2016 at 10:35 am

You mean you have 7 thousand demons!

7. Rose

December 6, 2016 at 10:59 am

Only Jesus can save her. The price people pay for fame and money is baffling. When you sell your soul to satan this is what he will do to you and this is the reasons celebrities lose their minds. Her videos are so demonic, I used to listen to secular music but the day I found out about illuminati I deleted everything from my phone and I pray that Jesus will open the eyes of this lost generation. Once you make a pact with satan there is no way out unless you seek Jesus, wake up people!