News

Skye Bank debunks story of Woman who recognised her abductor inside its branch in Port Harcourt

BellaNaija.com

Less than 48 hours after the story of a woman who recognized her abductor in a Skye Bank branch in Port Harcourt went viral on social media, Nduneche Ezurike, the Head, Strategic Brand Management of the bank has said that no event of such took place.
In a statement released on Thursday, Ezurike said:
In reference to the erroneous news titled: Drama in Skye Bank as woman recognises her abductor inside bank, the management of the bank has debunked the claim.
The position of the bank is that there was no iota of truth whatsoever in the news; hence the statement below.We have investigated, and established that the information is false, unfounded and baseless.”
This incident never occurred in (or near) any of Skye Bank branches and further investigations reveal that the story has two versions; first reported on 5th November 2015… in an online platform and the latest version emanating just two days ago, 7th February 2017 by Twitter user @cunnybush and now being circulated by various online blogs.
We request members of the public to disregard this sensational attempt to put the Bank in bad light.”

1. Busola

February 9, 2017 at 3:31 pm

But I still don’t get how a person will sit down and fabricate an entirely false story. Share same and watch it go viral without any iota of care.
    I totally believed this story fa! very convincingly narrated. Or did it happen in some other context??

2. Ms B

February 9, 2017 at 3:33 pm

3. Luchi

February 9, 2017 at 4:43 pm

What I don’t even get is how this is “putting the bank in bad light”…Na Skye bank kidnapped or raped the woman?? Hian. Nonsense. Infact that Skye bank branch should be investigated thoroughly too. You never know. Mtscheww

• David

February 9, 2017 at 5:24 pm

I saw that too and I wither. Very suspicious statement. Looked at his position in the bank twice to excuse for his poor/incriminating statement but I can’t shout (head, strategic brand management? ???). Major education system fail!

4. tunde

February 10, 2017 at 9:54 am

In bad light? Yea. They can be tagged a bank of kidnappers and thieves. It was important to clear the air.

5. Idomagirl

February 10, 2017 at 9:57 am

That particular story has been circulating on SM for two years now…the first time I heard it was in 2015.
    At this point, whether it even happened sef I doubt.
    When some people are bored they go & regurgitate it to get attention.