News

“I have been waiting for years to hear your voice…Please allow me access” – Actor & Producer Yomi Fabiyi reaches out to his Son on his Birthday

BellaNaija.com

Yomi Fabiyi with his son Moyin in an old photo

This is so touching.

Today is the birthday of actor and producer Yomi Fabiyi’s son, Moyin Jeremiah, and the proud dad used today as an opportunity to reach out to his son and ex-wife to plead for access to his son.

According to him, all his efforts to contact his son have been frustrated and he hasn’t been able to speak to him or see him in years. He makes a plea for his ex-wife to look beyond the pain he might have caused her to grant him access to his son.

He concludes his post with “One day your mother and her supporters will realise that one of the tragedies of this world is for either parent to deny a child care, love and tutelage from the other parent just because of personal ego, pain, hatred, anger & vengeance”.

See his post below.

Happy Survival Day to my first seed MOYINOLUWA JEREMAIH OLUWAMETOMI YOMI FABIYI Jnr. You survived yet another year, you shall survive more.

I wait for the day you are going to call me, introduce yourself or walk up to me and call me daddy. My son I can hear you crying from a million miles away, calling daddy but there is no answer. I know why, u have my blood running in your veins

I did all I can to have access to you. I married your step mum among other things so I can have civil means to gain access. I cried on every birthday of yours and I pray I don’t have to do this next year. Hopefully, your mum will separate her anger towards me and your innocence. I never wronged you and if I ever did, this is no reason to block me off completely 6yrs plus now.

Moreso, I never nurse ambition to take you away from your mum or run away from my responsibilities except they lied. I have relied on stolen pictures of you till date to know how far you have grown, sadly all those luxuries have again been blocked. Ibk blocks or threatens whoever tries to mediate on my behalf except some dirty colleagues or a lad in the media who offered her support, which fuelled her decision to keep tormenting me.

Metomi, hopefully you are smart enough should anyone call your attention to this (my only and last resort), this is my direct line, please call me on 08029062692. I have been waiting for years to hear your voice. Even if it is just a sentence. I just want to hear how your voice sound.

One day your mother and her supporters will realise that one of the tragedies of this world is for either parent to deny a child care, love and tutelage from the other parent just because of personal ego, pain, hatred, anger & vengeance. If a spouse never poses any direct threat to the life of a child or has any record of ill-treatment towards the child, blocking access is a proof of nothing. Besides, it may be difficult to make up for lost grounds if it tarries for too long.

And in case your mother can read this too, for the sake of our son & the love we once shared, I AM DEEPLY SORRY FOR WHATEVER PAIN I MIGHT HAVE CAUSED YOU OR ANYONE CLOSE TO YOU, PLEASE ALLOW ME ACCESS. HBD my son. I care.

Photo Credit: Instagram – @yomifabiyi

1. sisi nnene

March 24, 2017 at 3:00 pm

awwwwwwww……………..

2. PD Young Billionaire

March 24, 2017 at 3:00 pm

Madam….pls have mercy on him.I don’t think it’s fair to deny anyone(male or female) from seeing their kids.

3. Mavi

March 24, 2017 at 3:32 pm

At least he’s trying. Hope his intentions are true.

4. Sheri

March 24, 2017 at 4:16 pm

I can imagine the feeling. My Mum’s brother died of Cancer in the UK around 1997 and up till date his wife has kept his sons away from us. I remember she didn’t allow my dying uncle hold his babies, she lied to the kids that she wasn’t allowed to attend the funeral, but we have pictures as proof. My Mum is the most kindest woman I have ever come across, so why my Uncles ex had to lie and keep those kids away from us baffles me. Well it was obvious she used him for a British passport. One of my uncles reached out to the boys on Facebook but their Mum had filled their head with lies. She may not be keeping them away from their Father but she’s keeping them away from their Father’s loved ones which is just as bad. My Uncle wasn’t a bad person and I wouldn’t vouch for him if he was. My wish is that when I’m quite famous I will post a message like Yomi’s above here and hopefully they reach out to us. Everyone on my Mum’s side has been praying to meet them for years. Some women are just…

5. Jemimah

March 24, 2017 at 5:00 pm

This agbaya that is always having one marital issue or the other and airing them on social media. spineless individual! First it was him divorcing the white Lady he married for papers, now it’s a baby mama drama. All on social media. Receive sense sir!

• Anonymous

March 24, 2017 at 5:42 pm

Agbaya huh?
      You are older than him you know

6. Bay

March 24, 2017 at 5:17 pm

It’s nice that he wants to be in contact with his son.

However, what did he put the mother through? Why isn’t he married to her?

We have a lot of men who run away from their responsibilities and later on begin to feel remorse, especially when his wife has not able to bear a child/.a son. I know a young 18 girl who was impregnated by her boyfriend. The guy told her to get an abortion, that he wanted nothing to do with the baby and after the son was born, he called her and told her never to contact him again as he had just got married to someone else.

Do any of you have any idea how painful and humiliating that can be for an 18 year old?

So if after five years, his wife has not given birth to a child or a son, he’ll now remember that he has a son somewhere and now try to play on people’s sympathy like this.

So before you all are saying “awwww”, hear the mother’s side of the story first.

• gia

March 24, 2017 at 5:33 pm

BRAVA!!!!

• LemmeRant

March 24, 2017 at 6:07 pm

What does all your epistle have to do with him wanting to see his son?

He is the father. Her wants to see his son. Things are not so complicated.
      Even parents who give up their child for adoption have rights to see him unless there’s a contract that specifically says no.

• Apkeno

March 27, 2017 at 6:29 pm

My Dear spoken like a person with great sense

I know a man who doesn’t take care of his child or even try to contact the child in any way, but cries crocodile tears to anyone who will listen… lamenting of how the mother is keeping the child away from him… Meanwhile the poor woman has been the sole provider for the child with NO HELP from the lazy cowardly “man” Let us hear the woman’s version then I’ll know whether to lament with him or throw stones at him…

7. HBT

March 24, 2017 at 5:32 pm

Parents shouldn’t resort to using their child/children as tools for revenge. Take it or leave it, the child is also hurting. A child who wasn’t in the picture when they played love is paying the price for a relationship gone sour. Abeg grant the Dad supervised access.

• Apkeno

March 27, 2017 at 6:32 pm

If the child does not know who the “father” is he is not missing anything especially if his mother has re married and has a positive male role model for the boy… To be a father is not to get someone pregnant but to PROVIDE for the child financially spiritually and morally.

8. Tina

March 25, 2017 at 12:17 am

No matter what. Pls madam. Forgive him his sins and let the boy feels at least a fatherly love. Pls. He has realised his mistakes … Pls ma. God bless you ma

9. slice

March 25, 2017 at 12:28 am

They have a court system that actually works. He should use it and stop being silly

10. Iris

March 25, 2017 at 5:06 am

I’m more interested in what happened to cause the estrangement. Did he at any point deny his son or his ex? He can’t just sweep that under the carpet with ‘whatever pain’ That’s how they are. They will repent after some years then start acting like forgiveness is beAns. Awww KO awww ni

11. Mummybobo

March 25, 2017 at 5:59 pm

I got out of a abusive marriage…(long story). My husband took away the shop whr I was doing business simply bcos he is the one dat rented the shop but I have been the one taking care of the rent. I was a breadwinner, taking care of 3 kids. When I went to women affair in Benin city I was told to leave the shop for him but he was told to be paying for the children’s school fees, feeding etc, which he Neva did as a matter of fact my kids whr driven away from SCH due to SCH fees. I reported him to the women affair, they tried to reach him but he has changed his number. Now am taking care of 3kids including a breastfeeding baby ( which has been difficult, sometimes I felt depressed but the word of God has kept me going). My point is if I eventually survive taking care of dis kids( God knows how) and later their father will now come out after some yrs to talk rubbish… God help me not to do sometin crazy

12. Mummybobo