Scoop

Filmmaker Yomi Fabiyi responds to Sexual Harassment Allegation

BellaNaija.com

Filmmaker Yomi Fabiyi responds to Allegations of Sexual Harassment - BellaNaija

Yomi Fabiyi

Nollywood actor and filmmaker Yomi Fabiyi has on his Instagram responded to a sexual harassment allegation made against him.

An Instagram user @ennygold1 said Fabiyi had solicited for sex to have her star in a movie 9 years ago. She wrote:

This stupid guy, I remember my encounter with him about 9 years ago wen I was so passionate about acting.

I was happy wen I met him as he promised that he would feature me in a movie that very day. I was so excited, I quickly called my people that I wouldn’t be coming home. I dey go location.

Only for him to be telling me that shey I know I cant sleep in a separate room when we get to the location o. At ikorodu. That we have to sleep together and he will have sex with me before he can feature me at all. He say na normal tin for all actresses o. I was so heart broken.

You know what dis guy now did? As I told him I can’t do it, he just dropped me along the expressway in the middle of the busy road in Ketu. I cried till I arrived home. My mama just dey console me like baby.

Yomi Fabiyi has however refuted the allegation. He wrote:

Please anyone who know or has or had direct dealings with this woman and how she can be reached physically should DM me or whatsapp me ONLY via 08029062692, better still pass the info to Barrister Badru M B via – 08134821247.

It is not in my habit to warn or be on the wrong side of the media as I believe we are in here for one another with high respect but please if you are not part of the this “pull him down by all means syndrome” campaign going on, I advise you avoid letting this cheap “BLACKMAIL” seat on your portal.

To my friends, fans and close allies that know me so well, one thing is crystal clear, I will not walk anybody out of my car in a manner that terrible lies has pointed. So many lies and discrepancies in the story. I do not know who is behind this but I am sure they are not someone with better lives and they shall meet their waterloo very shortly. I will see this to a logical end and ensure criminals like this are not allowed to spoil the cyber space or hoodwinked people into falling in line with their jaundice or criminality. In the interim, let us relax and see how things pans out.

Photo Credit: yomifabiyi

1. CrazyWorld

November 11, 2017 at 10:48 pm

I talked about this happening and here it is. So I ask you for sex, you say no and I tell you since you can’t give me sex, come down from my car and go your way. How in this whole wide world is that sexual harassment??????????

Did he tap your butt? Did he kiss you forcefully? Did he touch your boobs? Did he bring out his ‘thing’ in your presence? Did he rape you? The moment you ask for sex and she says no, it is automatically harrasment? I do not get. Maybe you need to educate men more because I am not understanding.

• Fleur

November 12, 2017 at 1:01 am

Did you really MISS the point or your brain is wired this way? He sexually harrassed her because she was asking him for an opportunity to work & he basically asked for sex in exchange. As a female this behavior is so expected we think it is normal until it becomes you, your sister, daughter or your wife if you are male. This shit is real & we should only count the not guilty becos most naija men in power are guilty on multiple counts.

• slice

November 12, 2017 at 3:36 am

If you don’t know that saying someone needs to have sex with you to get s job is harassment, then you’re too uneducated about life and need to take a chill pill and get an education. What a foolish person you.

• CrazyWorld

November 12, 2017 at 5:49 am

I am uneducated about life and foolish too. It however takes one to know one. We are neighbors.

• John

November 12, 2017 at 7:58 am

@crazyworld…u said it all..I just do not know how black women( infact black people) reason
      .U came to me and said u wnatbme to feature u in a film and I say I want to sex you..u said No…I said get out of my car..simple and short
      1) did I rape u= No
      2) did I force my self on you in any way = No
      3)Did I touch u in any way = No
      4) Okay, did I touch myself innfront of you in any way = No

lol..fish brains wants to copy white women , they do not even know how to do it properly
      …..i go to a company to seek for job…the company lay out thier terms and what they would pay …I said No …the HR in charge refuses to hire me…should I now come back tomorrow and accuse them of harrasment…fish brains???

I hate sexual harrasment in any form ..I am a big advocate of sacking every lecturer in Nigeria university or atleast naming and shaming them bcos of how they torment female students..and I know the pain they go through ..bcos a good friend went through it with so many carry overs..that is why it infruraites me when all this nollowood expired oloshos try to make a mockery of it (yes I call them that bcos I use to be close to majority of them)..it dilutes everything..and when a real case of rape or sexual harrasment now comes up..everybody will be indifferent to their plight

• Dee

November 12, 2017 at 8:37 am

@CrazyWorld..you are indeed crazy..So because I want a job, I have to sleep with the person…Is having sex now a criteria for giving jobs? This is the same way some stupid lecturers will be demandig for sex . If the student refuses, they fail the person..please get yourself educated on sexual harassment!

• Neil

November 12, 2017 at 8:44 am

Power leverage happens everywhere. Maybe women don’t ask for sex but they also ask for something else that’s hard to give so what’s all the fuss. Is she the only one that was asked for sex for role and said no? I am sure Omotola and Rita Dominic also had such experience but they still became superstars without (?) having to give it up.

The guy wasn’t even a producer at that time. She was trying to cut corners by going to him. What do you expect? Everyone had audition but you went behind to meet one person you think is privileged and you expect it to be given to you on a platter of gold when you are not Cuppy Otedola. Abeg shift jooor

• Dum Dum

November 12, 2017 at 9:51 am

She said sexual harassment not sexual assault.

• Amanda

November 12, 2017 at 12:40 pm

It seems you are the one who doesn’t know how to differentiate between sexual harassment and sexual assault. Nigerian men: if they are not molesting their daughters, they are fondling their niece’s or raping. Paedophiles and Rapists.

• CrazyWorld

November 12, 2017 at 2:41 pm

Where did you keep sense? She went to a director to help her. We are not talking lecturer here. She went to a director or producer or whatever for role. What happened to the normal audition? It’s like you going to lecturer too to help you since you wrote your exams badly.

You are asking for a favor that’s not the normal protocol. Will he have sex with all the females on location? Why did he choose you? She doesn’t know OpeIfa Group or Funke Akindele’s or J15? She wanted to cut corners but you women will choose not to see that. I don’t know about any other but this one is not sexual harassment and you can shout for all you care. If it happens to my mom or daughter or sister then so be it! There are normal ways to follow but no, you are calling one person to help you speed up process and you want it to fall on your lap, that’s how your mothers did it abi and became successful at it.

2. Hrh

November 11, 2017 at 11:42 pm

Spell check

3. bruno

November 12, 2017 at 12:13 am

yawn. nigerians like to feel among I swear.

4. OJ

November 12, 2017 at 12:23 am

See, women will redefine sexual harassment in naija…trust me on this one. in Nollywood for that matter when women, married, single, divorced, in a relationship would willingly offer sex to the movie director/producer without him even asking, just to play a movie role and it doesnt matter whether they have talent or not…

we all know those actors and actresses all sleep with each other on…no need to start mentioning names here

5. Tony

November 12, 2017 at 5:33 am

Attention seeking has come to Nigeria. While assault is criminal, false accusations are also criminal so people should mind what they wake up and type due to access to internet. It’s now a plague.

6. Chief

November 12, 2017 at 9:48 am

@Slice…

What do you mean?How? In Nigeria where women are using sex as a career booster(to move up the corporate ranks/sleeping their way up to corporate ladder) and also believe about the idea of using/trading sex to get what they want but have a problem of people Sexualizing them? You should be aware that it happens more than you might guess.During my Exxon mobil days i have seen/known several women/young female corpers who consciously used sex to get the attention,get employed or gain a promotion.Most women believes that it is the single advantage they have over the guys..It’s a fact that women use flirting and more to get what they desire at some level.Instead of screaming sexual harassment you should be encouraging women not to use sex in order to get ahead.Yes of course women have been sleeping with their male bosses for promotion while some do it for the thrill of the risk.65% of women have willingly slept with their bosses for employment and promotion. Why are you complaining of sexual harassment?.Women are doing it willingly.Although women secure employment on conditions that they surrenders themselves to sexual favors or where they have to fend off sexual predators.

Women keep moaning that men are using them as sex object at work but they are the ones objectifying themselves by flaunting their sex appeals,showing more cleavage at work.Another example of women hypocrisy and double standard.Anyway back to matter,men continue to be accused of this horrific crime,until liars(along with people who help fabricate stories of sexual assault) are prosecuted and jailed.This will never disappears.I think if a person brings a charge of sexual harassment that later proves to be untrue,the accuser should be jailed.I’m in no way supporting sexual harassment but It’s a known fact that men are facing a full frontal assault on their rights and health like never before this.I noticed that Women are attacking men masculinity.emasculating us and finding a way to disempower men but it won’t work..

• Dee

November 12, 2017 at 2:47 pm

Story!

7. Favour

November 12, 2017 at 10:53 am

Hmmmn it may not be sexual harassment but that is called BULLY and mis using a place of trust which is unacceptable in any profession and which attracts disciplinary actions. So I expect the president of actor guild in Nigeria to investigate this and if found guilty should be disciplined and make a Scapegoat. What is bad is bad

8. Ezinne

November 12, 2017 at 12:43 pm

I can’t believe the comments in this post. WOW

9. convoswithcassandra.com

November 12, 2017 at 3:28 pm

IT’S A GOOD THING I KNOW RESPECTABLE NIGERIAN MEN BECAUSE SOME OF THE COMMENTS I’M READING FROM NIGERIAN MEN HERE LEAVES A LOT TO BE DESIRED. LORD HAVE MERCY

10. OJ

November 12, 2017 at 7:30 pm

When the guy said is a normal thing, he is also refering to the fact that those already in the industry have sex with each other as well,, as ive said before
    Its not a new thing nah..how did you think Diana ross got to the top? from the Supremes it became diana and ross and the supremes, that lady knacked her way to the top, much to detriment of the other ladies that brought her into the group…in fact she knacked berry gordy so tey she got pregnant for him eventhough she was married at the time. Or is the case of Dolph lungren that was knacking craze jones her boss until he started getting movie roles, in fact i suppose write book on this

11. Fleur

November 13, 2017 at 6:18 am

I am very worri.ed after reading some of the comments. Have we normalized sexual predation in our society? A predator is a predator is a predator. No ifs or buts.