BN TV

“We thought we were going to die!” NSE CEO Oscar Onyema on Forbes Africa TV My Worst Day with Peace Hyde | Watch Teaser

The Forbes My Worst Day with Peace Hyde series is back with another titan in the hot seat; CEO of the Nigeria Stock Exchange Oscar Onyema.

The Nigerian Stock Exchange services the largest economy in Africa and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets.

For Oscar Onyema, CEO of the exchange, there are several challenges involved in running the capital markets of the largest institution in Nigeria, but which day threatened to upend everything he had spent years building?

Watch!

1. Fine boi no pimple

March 4, 2017 at 4:06 am

Is he married? Yum!

• Boatemaa

March 6, 2017 at 12:42 am

as in! that’s the first question that my friend asked me!

2. UNCLE GWE GWE GWE

March 4, 2017 at 8:42 am

The market performed very well during Ndi okere regime. Oscar killed NSE

3. Tubo

March 8, 2017 at 4:50 am

Should be a good episode, the Nigerian stock market has certainly had some tough times in recent years.

4. Brian

March 8, 2017 at 4:53 am

The capital markets in this country is quite frankly a joke. There is no room for young traders to make any money and the level of favouritism to certain so called big companies makes it impossible to discern how well the stocks are actually performing. I hope Peace asks him how he intends to fix this problem…hmmm

5. Global citizen

March 8, 2017 at 4:56 am

Is this man actually an entrepreneur or a 9 to 5 worker Forbes? From what I know about him, he worked with Amex for a number of years before relocating to Africa and although his accomplishments in the capital markets are impressive, I cannot see what entrepreneurial qualities he possesses.

6. Hakeen

March 8, 2017 at 4:58 am

I love the way this program pulls heavy weights. I always wondered who run the Nigerian Stock Exchange and now I get to hear him chat to my girl, can’t wait to see what his worst day is.

7. Tambi

March 8, 2017 at 5:02 am

I worked as an analyst at the Nigerian Stock exchange for a number of years so believe me when i say that there are a lot of Worst days we see that the general public is not aware of. Oscar has been a remarkable leader in a capital market which was previously unregulated with a lot of corrupt practices. today, the NSE is recognised as a reputable market by the global communities. I love this program and the focus of looking at challenges businesses face. I think we can all learn a lot of from the program. great job peace and Forbes Africa.

8. GIgi

March 8, 2017 at 5:05 am

@Forbes Africa how can we get my CEO on the show? I believe he would be a great guest. We are a multi million dollar indigenous oil company in Nigeria with a presence in 10 African countries.

9. Wawu

March 8, 2017 at 8:20 pm

Here we go again, yet another Nigerian.