On BN Cuisine today, Chef Lola of Afropotluck shares a delicious recipe for oven grilled tilapia fish. Give this recipe a try! Hope you are having a good Easter!
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) of Curry
- 2 Sprigs of Thyme
- 2 Cubes of Maggi
- 1 Scotch Bonnet or Cayenne/Red Pepper Flakes (2 Teaspoons or To Taste)
- 1 Small Onion
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 Inch of Ginger Root
- 2.5 Tablespoon(s) of Oil
- 1 Teaspoon(s) of Black Pepper
- Salt To Taste
- 1 African Nutmeg or Substitute with 1 Teaspoon of grated nutmeg
- Remove the dirt from the Fish and wash it with Salt Water 0r Lime and Water and pat it dry with a paper Towel then set it aside.
- To make the Marinade, combine all the ingredients together in a blender and blend till it becomes a smooth paste. Pour it inside a bowl and set it aside.
- Make about 3 deep cut or more on the Fish depending on how big your Fish is, then begin to brush the Marinade over the Fish, Make sure you reach every corner baste every corner of the Fish with the marinade including the deep cut.
- Cover up the Fish and place it in the Fridge for at least 20 minutes or overnight. This will allow the Marinade to penetrate deep inside the Fish.
- Remove the Fish from the Fridge, uncover the foil paper then rub it again with some Marinade and place it in a 350°F preheated Oven for the first 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, flip it to the other side and rub it with some marinade again. Then leave it to cook for another 10 minutes.
when the 10 minutes is complete, flip it to the first side again and rub it with the remaining marinade. Then leave it in the Oven for another 5 to 10 minutes depending on how brown you want the Fish to be.
- Serve with a hot spicy sauce, Efo riro, Ata din din or any meal that you deem fit. Enjoy!