BN TV

Sisi Yemmie & her Friend Tomi share Tips on Making the First Years of Marriage Work | Watch on BN TV

Lifestyle vlogger Sisi Yemmie (married for 3 years) and her friend (married for 8 years) are sharing tips on marriage and how to survive the first years. Sisi said;

Straight talk about marriage, no jigbiti! My friend Tomi joins me to talk about the first few years of marriage, the challenges and tips to make sure you are enjoying your marriage not enduring it! We touch on relating with in-laws, resolving conflict and more!

Watch

1. Kay

April 14, 2017 at 8:13 pm

I enjoyed watching this! I can so relate with aunty fikky lol

• MrsFikky

April 21, 2017 at 7:53 pm

Thank you for watching.

2. Joke

April 15, 2017 at 2:37 am

These ladies are not the norm, that’s why they are happy in their marriage, so their advice falls flat for the many married ladies who faked and formed to get into and stay in relationships, tolerating things they can’t live with long term. Abeg, ladies enjoy your marriage but know that 9aija women feel too much pressure to be married so they cut corners and suffer the consequences…

• Teacheress

April 15, 2017 at 5:49 pm

Thats correct. But at a price. They both do not speak too well. Their dictions/ spoken English – rather appalling. Yes its not our mother tongue but if you must address a large audience. . . . Then, . . . . . I rest my case.
      Apologies to all those whose sensibilities might be offended by my post. Truth hurts

• MrsFikky

April 21, 2017 at 7:54 pm

Thank you for watching.

3. Married for 7 years

April 15, 2017 at 3:04 pm

I stopped watching half way and she lost me at saying she was very good with her mother in law who accepted her like her own daughter and siblings in-law who knew their boundaries. My dear this is not the norm, cos you already had a good head start to begin with. This meant your battles weren’t the usual battles for a newlywed that is usually filled with jealousy from a mother in-law and or jealous siblings in-law and the struggle to gain their acceptance in the family.

By the time you are done battling this warfare you and your husband would have accrued piles and piles of marital contention and resentment and too exhausted to even love yourselves cos like most men, he would have sided with his family and would want you to succumb and be subservient to the so called in-laws hoping things would change in time.

Most times this is normally the start of marital difficulties. so please I would prefer to listen to someone who successfully wadded through this generalsied problem and succeeded in her marriage and not someone who was privileged to have good in-laws .

My dear you never see marital challenges. Most women will battle bad in-laws and an abusive husband all in one! Now that is one of the generalsied problems, and sorry to say sweet heart but you shouldn’t be dishing out advise because going by your privileges with having good in-laws to begin with, you are not suited to be doing so as things were already made easy for you !

Your struggles in marriage would have been few and far between! You had a good head start. Believe me

…… Speaking from someone who saw it all!!!

• still me

April 20, 2017 at 2:28 pm

I completely agree with you. sometimes trouble in marriage is not just because you did not do it well but becoz the environment is simply hostile.

How can a girl who has never even been toasted before, brag that she is a virgin.

• MrsFikjy

April 21, 2017 at 7:49 pm

Wow. Thanks for watching half way. You seems to think I had it all smooth. I appreciate your points and I can relate. I won’t say I was previledge I will say I played my card well. I understand some in-law can be very difficult no matter what but EEE we are not in a war zone where we fight. All these still balls down to understanding and love. No marriage is rosy. We all face difficulties. I have friends whose mother inlaws, sisters are difficult but they rather treat them with love and respect which has sustained their marriage so far. I have spoken to some of them and gotten their opinions and point of view. I will be discussing that in my subsequent video. I wish you well. Thanks.

4. majectic

April 15, 2017 at 8:02 pm

I didn’t waste my mb. Tomi is just full of wisdom.

5. Beeee

April 16, 2017 at 6:40 pm

Nice one babes. I like your friendship. I wish I had one like this.

I have 15 years experience in marriage right but I still found this really refreshing and captivating to watch. I am also blowing everyone kisses. Love you all

• MrsFikjy

April 21, 2017 at 7:50 pm

Wow! God bless you. We need some tips from your experience oo.

6. MrsFikky

April 21, 2017 at 7:51 pm

Thank you so much fo Watching.