News

Some Lawyers are Brainwashing & Manipulating my Daughter – Stephanie Otobo’s Mother Bukky

Stephanie Otobo’s mother, Bukky. Photo Credit: Premium Times

In an exclusive interview with Premium Times, Bukky, the mother of Stephanie Otobo, the alleged ex mistress of Apostle Johnson Suleman, the General Overseer of Omega Fire Ministries (OFM) Worldwide, said that her daughter has been brainwashed and is being manipulated by some lawyers as well as some of her friends.

She also said that she was not forced or threatened to go to Suleman’s church in Auchi to apologise and beg for forgiveness.

Recall that Bukky and one of her daughters had gone to Suleman’s church to ask that the cleric forgives her so that the case goes away.

Suleman had also said that he has forgiven Stephanie.

Stephanie had claimed that her mother was threatened and arrested twice.

See excerpts of the interview:

PT: You travelled to Auchi to attend a church service where you also apologised to Apostle Johnson Suleman. What prompted you to do that?

Bukky: I did that because of my daughter, (and) because I am a mother. The way I am seeing her is not the way I brought her up. And all those her character is not giving me happiness which I want to put an end to. That is why I went to Auchi.

PT: Did anybody threaten to arrest or kill you before you went there?

Bukky: No, nobody threatened me. It is because I am a mother. When I saw what was going on, the day you people came to the market I said I wanted to go and meet the man of God to apologise so that we can put an end to the matter. Because I know my daughter. I did not bring her up this way and the way she is behaving is not normal. So, I said I want to go and beg the man of God to forgive her so that this matter can die off. Because I cannot continue with this (and) the way I am seeing it, I don’t want anything of such to happen again. Nobody threatened to kill me or prompted me to do so. I went there on my own to apologise to man of God.

PT: I am asking because shortly after that church service, your daughter said on Instagram that you were threatened to go to Auchi.

Bukky: No, I was not threatened. I am a mother. I cannot continue to see her in that manner. She has been saying all sort of things. We are not happy and that is why I went to apologise. I went there alone; nobody threatened me.

PT: That implies that your daughter lied?

Bukky: Yes, because what she is saying is not true.

PT: Don’t you think your daughter is old enough to take responsibility for her actions?

Bukky: What I am still saying is that they should pardon her and the matter should just go down like that. They should forgive this matter because they’ve been manipulating her because this is not her real self. She was not behaving like this before. It seems all those lawyers are manipulating her, using her to say all this rubbish and bringing all this things out. So I begged that this matter should die down now because this is not my real daughter. I believe somebody must have been manipulating her. All those lawyers (and) all those her friends are using her. This is not the way I brought her up because I brought many children up. They are not behaving like this. Somebody is brainwashing her, polluting her mind and that is what is making her to do all this things that she is doing now.

PT: You are accusing a lawyer for doing that?

Bukky: Yes, all those lawyers are using her to get their own names. They should leave my daughter alone. They should leave my daughter out of this matter. I am still talking about all those lawyers, they should leave my daughter alone.

PT: Can you mention names?

Bukky: I don’t know them but I believe that all those lawyers supporting her are using her. I am begging the government that they should leave my daughter alone. They should release my daughter from what they are doing to her.

PT: Do you know the lawyer they call Festus Keyamo or any lawyer from his chamber?

Bukky: I don’t know him and any lawyer from his chamber though they call me but I don’t know them.

PT: When the lawyers called you, what were they telling you?

Bukky: They asked me whether they came to arrest me or they forced me to say all those things when they came to my market. They also asked whether I was tortured. They came and said they want to ask me about my daughter, (but) I told them that I want to go and beg the man of God myself to die down the matter. That is what every mother will do. I don’t want to see my daughter destroyed. That is why I am saying that all those lawyers should leave my daughter and bring her out of this matter.

PT: You said you were going to beg the man of God, what were you afraid of?

Bukky: Well, we begged the man of God that he should forgive my daughter. You know when you call somebody a man of God, he can go to any length. So I don’t want the man of God to go to any length, to do any evil prayer because when we heard of it that time, this pastors’ association (South-South chapter of the Christian Association of Nigeria) praying all their sorts of things. I cannot sit down here watching my daughter like that. That is why I said I want to go to the source to beg that man. Nobody tortured me. I went alone. I entered vehicle from Sapele to Auchi.

PT: She (Stephanie) said Apostle Suleman held marriage discussions in the pastor’s office. Is it true?

Bukky: No, it is not true, nothing like marriage, I did not go there for marriage. No woman goes to collect dowry. That one na abomination.

PT: Did she ever tell you that she was pregnant?

Bukky: No, she never told me.

PT: Did she ever tell you that she was stooling blood for a year?

Bukky: No.

PT: So, when you heard about all these things, what was your first reaction as a mother?

Bukky: I really want to see that they bring my daughter back to me. I wanted her to come back to me that moment. I did not see her and that was why I said I was looking forward to seeing the man of God so that I can beg the man of God to forgive her (and) to cancel all this matter.

PT: Have you made any attempt to reach her so that you discuss with her?

Bukky: No.

PT: When she was growing up, what kind of child was she?

Bukky: She is not wayward, that is why what is happening is surprising me. Somebody is behind this matter because she was not like that before. She is a good child. She loved me and I love her. So, along the way, I don’t know what happened; that is why I said they are manipulating her, using something against her and I want every Nigerian to help me to pray, pray for her that God should deliver her.

PT: Do you know what she does in Canada where she lives?

Bukky: She was going to school before (and) she is a musician.

PT: Does she send you money?

Bukky: Before she dey send me money sometimes.

PT: Now if this matter goes to court, are you ready to go to court to testify?

Bukky: I don’t want to go to court, that is why I said they should cancel the matter.

PT: Do you know anybody who is against your child and who is polluting her against the man of God?

Bukky: I don’t know anybody. Na the lawyer wey make her dey talk all this bad word. The lawyer should leave my daughter alone.

Read the rest of the interview HERE.

1. john

April 2, 2017 at 11:50 am

wise woman…pity her stupid daughter is just used as a pawn by some northern heavyweights while some gulllible nigerias digest all.

• Mekoos

April 2, 2017 at 1:21 pm

The irony. A sheeple pointing an accusing finger.

• FasholasLover

April 2, 2017 at 2:10 pm

I never believed her story from the get go. Once l detect lies in your narrative, it makes nonsense of every other thing you say. I find it strange that people cannot see this for what it is. Blackmail that went awry. I would have expected Keyamo as a lawyer to pursue the accusation of abortion without consent. In which case, Stephanie would have been compelled to produce verifiable evidence of pregnancy and bleeding from a hospital in Canada. Rather, Keyamo is pursuing a breach of promise to marry. You date a married man and you are bold enough to tell the world you want to sue him for breach of promise to marry you? You claim Nigerian marriage rites were conducted in your father’s house, and when your father denied, you said it was in the man’s office in the presence of your mother and sister and once again, the mother denied this ever happened. Even when the mother said she has not set eyes on her daughter in three years and that Stephanie does not take her calls, some still choose to believe this girl.. Why should any right thinking person believe what comes out of this girl’s mouth?

Oh, it is becos Suleiman is a “man of God” Whatever that means. As for me, only God almighty know who his men and women are. I think Suleiman has been judged harshly in some quarters without giving him the benefit of the doubt.. The journalists who handled the interviews also messed up big time. Not one was interested in grilling the girl when she was here. Instead, they were asking rubbish questions bordering on sensationalism only. That is not right. I think this case should go to court and let serious lawyers and judges decide who is lying between the both of them and compensation duly awarded.

• Chief

April 2, 2017 at 5:41 pm

@Fasholaslover

Nigerians and their wouldn’t say boo to a goose mentality SMH!!.You see why you are a dumb dora.You are daft as a brush.Don’t be a dumb bunny,call a spade a spade.Another reason why hypocrisy and women are two sides of the same coin.Although lying,hating each other and hypocrisy is a typical of a Nigerian woman .I don’t know why women hate each other instead of supporting and uplifting each other?Women are socially fake to themselves.I noticed that most women are keeping schtum on this matter,Don’t come to me with El rufai bullshit…Where was he when she was locked up?

Do you realize how idiotic you made yourself look with this your comment?.I always find your comment utterly hypocritical.Your comment certainly proves that women are self deceiving.I see that you are curtsying him because he’s a pastor.if it was a regular man,you ‘ll be jumping from comment to comment with ” men are evil “slogan..

People should remove the notion of perfection of men of God.The things you see is what you know.Men as human beings are not perfect.we are all men and human,any human being can do anything.The fact of the matter is that most pastors are ordinary feeble men and are prone to like every men to be vulnerable to sexual attraction.There is no difference between pastors and other ordinary men.pastors commit sexual sin for the same reason regular men do.There is nothing like temptations.Men in general are bored with their wives and vulnerable to something different.

Bottom line is that we should stop conking off and wake up to the reality that pastors cheat and engage in fornication because just like us,we all cheat.Although a lot is expected of a pastor.We are so gullible and dumb that we misuse phrases from the bible like who are you to Judge,touch not the lords anointed. and him without sins cast the first stone…

• Jade

April 3, 2017 at 1:13 am

@john
      You are stupid, you are the gullible one. Why are you calling her daughter stupid? Because she exposed a so called pastor. The mother is being manipulated by suleman. Whether her story is consistent or not, or suleman is being pawned by these Northern heavyweights, he’s not completely innocent in this adultery shenanigans. He cannot completely deny he doesn’t know this Stephanie girl. Did the girl add to the story? Maybe. Is she crazy? Possible. But are these so called men of God above sin? No. Do they commit adultery up and down? Yes, majority of them but bully the underdogs to keep quiet.

This doesn’t take away from El Rufai being a demon, that man is very wicked but his own judgment is coming very soon. However, if suleman is truly innocent, he should prove his innocence in a genuine way and move on. If he’s guilty, own up and move on. All this covering up, wife singing, doing photoshoot, her mother asking for forgiveness, threatening Stephanie is foolishness. Leave the Stephanie girl alone. Go after people that you think are manipulating her against you.

2. godwin

April 2, 2017 at 11:51 am

Typical Naija. The only reason this woman went to this dodgy Pastor is because she believed the Pastor has the power to invoke a course on her daughter.Nooo,mam,you are probably more powerful than is charlatan of a Pastor

3. Remi

April 2, 2017 at 11:58 am

This woman has seen the lies of her daughter and the evil hand of lawyers manipulating the foolish daughter. it all started as a blackmail for money

4. Darius

April 2, 2017 at 12:05 pm

“…she is a musician…” Hahahahahaaa….. A failed musician and now, a failed blackmailer.

I bet Stephanie can’t sing to save her life. Since she likes spinning yarn, she should tell us about her failed musical career. After failing woefully in music, she resorted to blackmail to make ends meet. Now that she has failed again, I wonder she’ll delve into.

If Stephanie reads this, she’ll be like, ” malle dey fall my hands” lolzzzzzzz. Stephanie, when next you want to blackmail anybody, make it plausible. If you want to strike gold, you must first learn to prospect for gold.

You should’ve said your parents are not in the know that you had an affair with the Apostle. Saying this, would’ve lent credence to your story. Now you are trying to rope them in and they are trying to extricate themselves. I see why your musical career failed. If you can’t cook up a story and lace it with a tinge of credibility, it means you not creative; and if you are not creative, you have no business doing music.

• Darius

April 2, 2017 at 12:13 pm

….wonder what….

• Bigjay

April 2, 2017 at 1:41 pm

You are a foolish person, all of you who have belittled this woman because her ex-lover is a so called man of God. I believe she tried to extort money from him or black mail him, but if do t sleep with dogs, you won’t catch flies, the so-called my of God should retrace his steps, and start behaving properly, it’s just a lovers quarrel gone wrong, and you religouso muth******* are too blind to see

• Fizzy

April 2, 2017 at 3:10 pm

Don’t be stupid. Ur. Parents failed to train u or u refused training..? Why are u behaving like a tout so nobody can have a different opinion from you. Pls. Get lost.

5. Victor Adegoke

April 2, 2017 at 2:06 pm

This is a manipulative situation against Apostle Sulaimon,thank God it is getting clearer by the day.

6. curious

April 2, 2017 at 3:11 pm

The wisest comment I have read of this issue sofar!, Honestly I don’t care about him Suleiman…and am not vouching for him. Besides there are bigger pastors world wide who have messedup…so why would i vouch for suleman? But there WS always something wrong with this girls story from d onset. And people refused to see that. Before this whole DSS saga Suleiman did something wrong sometime ago….he prophesied elrufai was going to die….something I condemned him for….and still hold against him….I felt it WS wrng for a pastor to make such an utterance and besides we are still waiting for d prophesy to be fulfilled. (Since last year). But apparently its like elrufai hasnt forgiven/forgotten the incident. Its a strange coincidence that out ofof d blue, Suleiman’s mistress just choose to turn against him when he is having issues with the govt.…..ad the allegations are so stupid! A married pastor promised u marriage….? What would he have told his congregation about his wife? That wouldn’t be good for business or ministry which ever way you look at it.

7. Peculiar

April 2, 2017 at 5:31 pm

Have you made any attempt to discuss it with your daughter? No.

Mother of the century, you haven’t discussed personally with your daughter and yet you’re convinced she’s being manipulated.

Man of God, you have won by threatening and using your position.

If you are guilty, you just gave the devil ammunition to accuse you before God. You for just ask God for forgiveness, move on but this style of yours… I just hope you’re innocent sha.

8. Chief

April 2, 2017 at 6:36 pm

BN where is my comment?

• Californiabawlar

April 2, 2017 at 9:43 pm

In their anooze… go and dig it out.

• Lolz

April 2, 2017 at 9:52 pm

Bella swallowed it because you never make sense lolz

• Chief the Idiot

April 2, 2017 at 10:13 pm

In the trash, where you and it belong.

9. kay

April 3, 2017 at 12:26 pm

I repeat, there is no smoke without fire

10. Arigbabusile

April 4, 2017 at 10:13 am

Ohun to pa mo, oju Oluwa to. The truth shall be known soonest. God is watching both of them.

11. Ruiz

April 22, 2017 at 1:00 am

Can’t you readers read between the lines? This woman is a poor mother from a “not so well to do background” who does not want any problems. Knowing fully well how Men of God are revered and regarded as highly influential people in Nigeria, she doesn’t want to be seen or treated as an outcast if she openly supports her daughter. She is the weak & vulnerable link and could possibly be used against her daughter. Only both people (Apostle and the Stephanie) know the truth. For all we know, either of them could be lying or telling the truth. Cases like this should be settled in court where it is proven beyond reasonable doubt if guilty or not guilty…..EOD