Features

BellaNaija Style Editor Eki Ogunbor shares Part 2 of her Skincare Routine in “Eki’s Ultimate Q & A”

Eki Ogunbor

Editor for BellaNaija Style, Eki Ogunbor shares part two of her skincare routine in a new post on bellanaijastyle.com and this time, it’s all about her face! Last week she spoke about her body, click here if you missed it. Here’s what she told us this week.

It’s the second edition of Eki’s Ultimate Q & A and I’m dishing on part 2 of my skincare routine, it’s all about my face this time.

Before I begin, I’d like to give a shoutout to everyone who left comments on my first Q & A post. I really appreciate the encouragement and feedback.

Today, I’ll be answering another FAQ of mine; What do you use on your face? What’s your skincare routine?

Here’s my answer.

Malicha Luxury Moroccan Black Soap

In the Morning…

• I wash my face using Malicha Luxury Moroccan Black Soap and cold water, then let my face air dry.
  • Sometimes before moisturising, I use the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum. It’s suitable for use in the morning but I don’t use it every day.
  • When my face is dry, I use Simple Protecting Moisture Cream with SPF 30 to moisturise my face.

Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum and eye serum

In the Night…

• I wash my face again, using the Malicha Luxury Moroccan Black Soap and cold water, then I let me face air dry.
  • After washing, I use the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum and eye serum. I use this religiously, every single night.
  • Before bed, I always use Vaseline on my lips and inside the lining of my nose (to keep it from getting dry and irritated).

Ingredients of the Malicha Luxury Moroccan Black Soap

About the Malicha Luxury Moroccan Black Soap
and why I love it so much…

Moroccan black soap naturally dries out excess oil from the skin so it is naturally an oil balancer. However, all the extra benefits come with the extra ingredients listed below;

1. Lemon, Lemon Oil & Orange Peel these serve as brightening agents.
  2. Zinc Oxide for sun protection
  3. Neem & Moringa Powder antibacterial, deep cleansing ingredients that reduce scars and marks.
  4. Honey is moisturizing, smoothing and also reduces scars and marks.
  5. Alpha Hydroxy Acid is the next level of exfoliation. It peels away dead, rough surface skin.
  6. Sandalwood for glowing and brightening.
  7. The oils and kinds of butter used like Shea Butter, Almond Oil, Palm Kernel Oil are for moisturizing.
  8. Cocoa Powder is for that extra glow.

Continue reading on bellanaijastyle.com

Eki is the Editor for BellaNaija Style and Lifestyle Editor for BellaNaija.com She has a Vogue Fashion Certificate from Conde Nast College of Fashion & Design and also attended Central Saint Martins, London College of Fashion and the University of Kent. Eki headed the Design Operations at a top Nigerian womenswear fashion brand before finding love at BellaNaija Style.Eki loves all things creative. Follow her on Instagram @ekiogunbor BellaNaija Style: [email protected] | @bellanaijastyle BellaNaija Beauty: @bellanaijabeauty BellaNaija Living: [email protected] | @bellanaijaliving

1. Ope

November 27, 2017 at 5:33 pm

I agree. i have tried this estee lauder serum and it works good. Currently using it together with Daizaura face scrub and Daizaura Glow BabySkin Moisturizer and my skin has never looked this good in years.

Eki Ogunbor

December 4, 2017 at 1:10 pm

Yes, I love it! Thanks Ope

2. Anon

November 27, 2017 at 8:51 pm

paid a shit ton of money to visit a dermatologist and after prescribing me a $$$ cream he warned me to quit air drying my face if a serum is next…seeing as its part of your routine, you might want to look into that as well

Eki Ogunbor

December 4, 2017 at 1:10 pm

Hi Anon, thanks for the tip. I’ll surely look into it and spread the word.

3. Anon

November 27, 2017 at 9:08 pm

Where can Malicha Luxury Moroccan Black Soap be bought in the diaspora? Don’t let the doctor know about using Vaseline inside the lining of your nose. I use Robb and I once mentioned it to my GP and he prescribed saline spray for the nostrils instead. Not the same!

Eki Ogunbor

December 5, 2017 at 10:32 am

Hi Anon, You can order via instagram @malichaluxury. I’ll look into the vaseline issue

4. itunu

November 28, 2017 at 9:18 am

please where can the Malicha Luxury Morocaan Black soap be bought in lagos?

• Abk

November 28, 2017 at 10:38 pm

You don’t have to buy the morrocan one. You can buy and good quality black soap. I particularly prefer the Nigerian and Ghanaian type.

• Abk

November 28, 2017 at 10:39 pm

Buy any*

Eki Ogunbor

December 5, 2017 at 1:55 pm

Hi Itunu, You can order via instagram @malichaluxury.

5. Yomi

November 28, 2017 at 2:35 pm

I love the Image Skincare Range from Laserderm Clinics, their products are soooo effective and pocket friendly.

I am absolutely addicted to the Ageless range, it has significantly improved the appearance of my fine lines and wrinkles.

6. Susan

November 28, 2017 at 10:45 pm

Love reading beauty and health posts, as well as the comments. I use Biore and Clean & Clear for my face. I use the Biore in the morning and the Clean & Clear at night. My day time moisturizer is from neutrogena and it has spf. When I want to use black soap for my face, the only one that works is Estella’s Pride, I also use if for my body, I get it from Jumia. Since I started taking care and paying attention to my skin, I’ve seen improvements.