Features

Moremi Elekwachi: How to Give Your Girlfriend Assurance When You Have Multiple Baby Mamas

Moremi Elekwachi

By now I’m sure you have seen all the adorable photos and videos of Davido and his new bae, Chioma, all loved up in the club, as he declared his love for her by dropping his hot new song, “Assurance,” which is dedicated to her. {Click here, if you missed it}

This move Davido has made, has got his fans in a frenzy. Because duh! when you publicly declare your love for someone it’s a freaging big deal. Especially when you are a guy like Davido – one of Africa’s most popular entertainers who could pretty much have any girl he wants.

If you’ve been following conversations on the Internet, you would have noticed that apart from people commenting about how awesome the song is, most have also been expressing their heartfelt sadness for his baby mamas, Sophie and Amanda, who both have beautiful children for him. On the other hand, many are empathizing with Amanda and Sophia, others are congratulating Chioma for successfully snagging one of Africa’s most popular artists.

But the question people aren’t asking, is how exactly can someone like “Davido” really give the new love of his life assurance that he will always respect, love, and protect her? Judging from the lyrics of “Assurance,” some of the ways he plans to do this are as follows (hope these are the correct lyrics sha. I asked Google.

So I am looking for a sister
Chioma my lover
She get the dollar (Dollar)
She dey wear designer…
Love is sweet o
When money enter, love is sweeter
Pepper rest o, so brother man go gat the liver
Call Anita o, tell am make she come dey go far away, far away
Me I no dey do again
She enter Atlanta, she go cause disaster…

So in a nutshell, he’s promising to shower her with love, money, designer apparel, travel, and cutting off relationships with previous love interests.

But is it really enough? I guess it depends on the kind of woman you are and what your expectations are.

So how do you really give your boo assurance when you’ve got baby mamas who have your children in the picture? Well, I don’t know, given the fact that I have no firsthand experience in matters like these. But there are some professional baby daddies who are quite famous, who do.

Maybe Davido could take a few notes from the models they have adopted:

Diddy: The “One Big Happy Family” Model
The business mogul and former rapper is blessed with 6 children, 3 baby mamas and gorgeous model girlfriend, Cassie Ventura. If I remember correctly, in the beginning stages, there were lots of issues with this blended family. But Diddy somehow found a way to get everyone to get along. But how did he do it? Through genuine friendships with them. He once told People Magazine:
I met all of them [my baby mamas] in the same year, so I’ve known all of them in the same amount of time — but we were friends. Then I would get my heart broken and then my friend would be there, and I would fall in love with my friend, and then I would get my heart broken..I’ve been truly blessed to have some great, incredible relationships that have afforded me these children by these very strong, intelligent, beautiful black women…The mothers of my children are my best friends. My hat goes off to them…”

Apparently, Cassie is also good friends with Diddy’s baby mamas and even hangs out with them.
So yeah, if Davido could adopt this model of baby fatherhood, it’s very possible that him, Chioma, Amanda, and Sophie could all just be one big happy family.

Tuface Idibia: The “Put a ring on it” Model
When Tuface married Annie after all the previous baby mama drama, we were all ecstatic! Right? Because marriage is supposed to be the ultimate “Assurance” of a serious commitment. Taking vows before God and man to love someone for better or for worse and to forsake all others is no joke! Although there have been one or two controversies in their marriage, true love has indeed conquered all.

Will Davido be giving Chioma this ultimate Assurance of marriage anytime soon? Well, we’ll just have to wait and see won’t we?

Wizkid: The “Full Disclosure” Model
There’s nothing more refreshing than a guy who is totally honest! Like, “dude tell me what the deal is, and I’ll decide whether I want to stay or not.” BRAVO! In this full disclosure model, Wizkid gives his baby mamas and girlfriends an “Assurance” of honesty: being frank that he has relationships with multiple women.

During a recent interview, he disclosed that he has several girlfriends, and they all know about each other. He also emphasized that he won’t be getting married anytime soon.

From the looks of things though, Davido is so crazy about Chioma that he won’t be acquiring any other girlfriend anytime soon…but just in case he decides to, it would be advisable to be totally honest about it. Honesty is a sign of respect for the one you love, as Wizkid has clearly shown.

***
Whichever model Davido chooses, I’m rooting for him and Chioma! They are so cute together.

Photo Credit: Instagram/Chef Chioma

Moremi Elekwachi is a Media and Communications expert. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism from the University of Georgia, and a Master’s Degree in Communication Management (with a concentration in Marketing communication) from the University of Southern California.She is Founder and Lead Publicist at Euphorique PR, a leading full-service Public Relations & Marketing Communications company that helps individuals, companies and public figures effectively communicate, engage, and build relationships with their target audiences & stakeholders via digital media and traditional media platforms.Prior to establishing Euphorique PR, Moremi gathered a wealth of experience, working at prestigious media companies both at home and abroad including Wondros (Los Angeles, CA), Wildflower PR, and also BellaNaija, where she served as News Editor & Head of Business Development.Moremi is also the founder of www.queenmoremi.com, a fresh platform dedicated to empowering and celebrating the modern African millennial woman, as she strives to live her best life.In her spare time, she loves to write, gossip about popular culture, and sing her heart out.@queenmoremi: Twitter@queenmoremi: Facebook @queenmoremi: Instagram

1. Lilo

May 1, 2018 at 12:54 pm

Studies have shown that Men mature at a much slower pace than women. So a 25 year old guy in an accurately normalized adulthood scales is about 18 years old +/-. The average 18 year old brain is still evolving regardless of gender thus has no clue what it’s doing, what it will like 5 years from today and what it wants to be when it’s fully evolved. Leave Davido to have his moment in peace cos as much as he may have good intentions and thinks he knows what he is doing, his brain is not even capable yet of knowing what he is doing #ThisTooShallPass

2. Temi Tope

May 1, 2018 at 1:15 pm

ADVISE TO SISTERS: STAY AWAY WITH MEN WITH MULTIPLE BABY MAMAS..
    THEY ARE NOT SQUARE AND NEVER WILL THEY BE.

• What-a-pity

May 1, 2018 at 2:50 pm

It never ends well and your kids (and you) are always under threat. When Davido is no longer here, the battle royale begins. It’s the Witchcraft, food poisoning, hired kidnappers, struggles over property, having a lawyer on retainer because ur pops had a wondering dick, constantly watching your back, not keeping many friends cos you don’t know who is rooting for the others, the discomfort of meeting a potential other half and looking for signs of your father’s DNA so you don’t commit incest. E no dey end.

3. Ife Ajagbe

May 1, 2018 at 1:37 pm

I ? this article!

4. Cocoa

May 1, 2018 at 2:06 pm

Women..why do you stay in these DEGRADING relationships?????

Until you see yourself through Gods eyes..you are totally clueless on your value. PRICELESS yet letting a price tag be put on you!

All the above examples are DEGRADING. When you know your worth …you wont seek assurance from any man.

GOD’S ASSURANCE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH!!

Just so sad.

• Tootsie

May 2, 2018 at 2:05 am

@Cocoa, I get your point, but somebody’s got to love him. He seems to be head-over-heels in love with her. It’s hard to even gauge if the Chioma girl is that much into him. Time will determine the outcome…let’s all just wish them well.

5. John

May 1, 2018 at 2:44 pm

Actually, I used to think the world is changing but rather history repeating itself.Despite the so called civilization. .baby mama is the new marriage.

A man can afford 2 or 3 baby mamas in Nigeria with less stress and less responsibility in Nigeria just like our for-fathers did with their many wives before Christianity destroyed that .

Now it is back and better in another form and it keeps growing even helped by feminism(with-out them knowing) ..by next generation ..marriage of one man -one woman will be obsolete.

The only thing a man owes himself on earth is to be successful in life because nature is already in your corner . You already have that advantage

As I have always said…. I am strong woman yen yen yen, Feminism gra gra is only for poor , broke ,beta men

It is not a new thing…It has always been like that since the beginning of time…only the name changed.

6. John

May 1, 2018 at 2:44 pm

7. i_am_not_understanding

May 1, 2018 at 4:22 pm

This is what me I’m not understanding, in other news this Davido guy allegedly owes someone 60M,has been with Chioma for 5yrs during the time which he had 2 whole kids and everyone is shouting? First question I asked when I saw this is, has he paid off his debt? I don’t even know where to begin from….I mean how and when did Nigeria get here? Money is king, if you like be scum of the earth, if you have money you are KiNG…..lol and we blame our leaders for how we are….smh…

• Tootsie

May 2, 2018 at 2:08 am

People make these artists rich! So called fans spending their hard earned money! Maybe we should start holding back. Let’s see how the 30 billion will pile up. This is why I’m frugal with my money. I’m also saving up my 30 billion. I can’t shout 🙂

8. Vexation

May 1, 2018 at 4:39 pm

Chioma’s parents failed her…that’s why she thinks Davido is a good catch. She should hurry up and give birth so we can move on to the next one.

• The Real Oma

May 1, 2018 at 8:26 pm

Nah, don’t blame the parents please. She is an adult making adult decisions.

• Vexation

May 1, 2018 at 9:43 pm

If they had raised her right and set a good example for her, she would’ve been equipped with the right knowledge to make wise decisions. She obviously did not have good examples if she thinks Davido is relationship material.

9. Iyke

May 1, 2018 at 6:29 pm

Nice read.
    No wrong or right model. For every relationship model you choose, there will always be a wo/man to align with your vision.
    Find what works for you / makes you happy and stick to it.You are responsible for your decisions and actions.

10. Nky

May 1, 2018 at 9:05 pm

Chioma is an adult and is responsible for her decisions.

What if this is part a PR to help promote his brand and music. Assurance has been trending and most pple are downloading. David is cashing in.

Wizzy and Tiwa are dating. Don’t preach about age or commitment. Some people just want to have fun and sex. We are wired differently.

• Tootsie

May 2, 2018 at 2:11 am

Exactly what I stated above! They are cashing in at whose expense? So called fans! I’m saving my money, all of it!

11. Tosin

May 1, 2018 at 9:16 pm

lol
    great article to start the month

12. Mamamia

May 1, 2018 at 10:34 pm

Erm, People these days are slaves of a bad relationship. Some work past it others self destruct. Wizzy I believe once had and may still have feelings for Tania, 1st, she was and is still the only one that didn’t go having a kid for him, despite him being a charmer. Whether there is a Tiwa in the mix or not. I do believe one day they may come back. That is if she wants that to happen. Before there was a Davido with the love there was also a wizkid with the love too, funny enough there was a video made just like Davido, sadly, that didn’t quite make it to our screens I’m guessing because of the internal issues. I think great/good women have the capacity of having a man do things like these for them if they want it to happen… I however, aim for the Obama kinda love, we grow together and build an empire!!!? Having a Porsche isn’t bad though. Lol…

• Tootsie

May 2, 2018 at 2:18 am

You are totally correct. The “Obama kind of love” is a good way to go. I went that route and I’m reaping some of the benefits. Nothing wrong with that, but it doesn’t always work out for everyone, sadly. It’s called life. My question is, when you start out buying an ultra luxury car like a Porsche for your girl, how can you gauge her feelings towards you, and if it is truly genuine? He’s much more into her, which is safer for her anyways. Best of luck to them!

13. Ottawa Queen

May 1, 2018 at 11:56 pm

I woke up this morning singing “blessed assurance, Jesus is mine, oh what a fortress of glory divine…” I care less about any other assurance, whether it comes in a porche or private jet; una sha get time o. Like seriously people are taking this too personal like it’s such a big deal. That’s their story, what’s urs? Or rather build urs. By the way, a lady I know just threw away her birthday pack which contained a designer perfume and undies that her husband bought for her. . .see the ill effects of social media. Sigh! She’s protesting that she needs something more upgrading. Hmm. . .stupidity! Let us learn to be content and appreciative. Don’t measure up with others. Be grateful for what you have. May she receive an assured sense from above in Jesus name.

14. Sade Lewis

May 29, 2018 at 11:37 pm

Wow! Beautifully written. Captivating too.