Features

BN Confessions Box: Have I Overdone It With This Love Potion Approach?

BN Confession Box is a feature on BellaNaija – curated by Nkem Ndem.

The Confession Box is our virtual confessor’s box where BellaNaijarians can let loose and say their deepest and rawest fears.
These letters are from you, and we’ll ensure that your identity is protected. Everybody needs some form of outlet or the other.

***
I have never believed in native doctors or love potions because I believe them to be occultic. Maybe if I had not shared my fears and concerns with my friend, I will not be in situation that I am now.

Long story short, I met a man online who told me he was looking for a wife and he wanted me. This man started to send me dollars, even before I asked and when I suggested that he should buy me a ticket to visit him, he said he would instead visit Nigeria so that we can stay together and check our sexual compatibility before moving to the next step which is marriage. Later, I will travel to the US to be with him.

I was okay with the arrangement, but when I told my friends, they insisted that I needed to up my game to make sure I secured the guy.

They introduced me to a sex therapist that gave me a vaginal sweetener and aphrodisiac that will ensure I satisfy him. The vaginal sweetener was a cream I had to rub before sex with him, and the aphrodisiac, I was to pour in his food. The plan was that that he will never get enough of me and he will fall in love with me instantly.

I was a bit afraid because it all had this babalawo vibe to it, but then again the lady’s complimentary card said she was a certified therapist and she even schooled abroad.

I followed the instruction and I must confess that the sex was epic. But, the morning after, he woke up vomiting and stooling. It was really bad that he had to go to the hospital.  He got admitted and the doctors labelled it food poisoning. He is, however, saying he knows it’s not my fault as I may have unknowingly used an ingredient his body could not tolerate. Unfortunately, I think it is the aphrodisiac. If this man dies, what do I do?

Should I confess so that we can track the sex therapist together? Either way, I risk losing this man and my chance to go the USA. What do I do? Mature answers only please.

Photo Credit: Dreamstime

1. Shao

June 25, 2018 at 7:27 am

Hmmmmm tough one.

How sick is he? If he recovers then I won’t tell him. This is the one thing you must take to the grave. Don’t even tell your friends.

If he isn’t getting better then you must tell him.
    Although chances are it might really be food poisoning. So your telling him may not necessarily improve his condition. Will clear your conscience though.

Good luck girlie and let us know how it went.

2. Mama

June 25, 2018 at 8:24 am

My dear don’t say a word but learn your lesson from this. Only God can give you a good husband. The blessings of the lord maketh rich and addeth no sorrow. Stay away from evil friends that lead people astray. Don’t worry he will recover.

3. THE MUMMY

June 25, 2018 at 8:28 am

You people should allow things happen naturally. Stop all the Kayan mata things you are doing. He will one day throw you out in the middle of the night stark naked when the ‘extra hand’ you are using expires. Just stop the ‘coded’ jazz you are doing. If you open your mouth to tell him you put something in his food, hmmm, YOU ARE FINISHED. Na prayer for him to recover remain for you now.

4. Mrs chidukane

June 25, 2018 at 9:52 am

Babalawo vibes,lmao! Does this kayan mata thing really work? There’s this lady I always see on Instagram with feedback from ladies saying their husband has almost finished his money on their head since they started using it. Please someone who has used it before should come and testify.

For the poster,he will not die. Keep your mouth shut because it may not be your potion that caused it. But please, don’t put anything in anyone’s food again. That was very foolish and desperate of you.

5. bolintin

June 25, 2018 at 5:32 pm

Why does everybody think its best to keep it secret?
    Does it mean when women do things they must die with it?
    This scares me.

• Rgo

June 25, 2018 at 11:48 pm

Yup thats how some of them roll

6. Lol

June 26, 2018 at 11:40 am

The guy too is shady. He’s already got a family abroad. Just wait and see…

• Vikki

July 5, 2018 at 1:52 pm

Same thing I thought!

7. Beauty

July 24, 2018 at 4:48 pm

Why not call a spade a spade and stop beautifying evil. You simply used charm on him to tie him down. what is wrong with you? How could you stoop so low as to force a man to love you all in the name of getting married, dollar and travelling abroad. Pray the man survives this, otherwise you would have yourself to blame.
    I guess, the guy on the other hand is paying for it too, price of sexual compatibility indeed!!!

8. mama

October 22, 2018 at 10:29 am

lmao, abeg make i laugh well oh…..some girls are always so desperate about this marriage thing its amazing…why not let love happen naturally? so sexually compatibility is his priority abi? do you know if he is married abroad? why cant you visit him? those are things you should be bothered about not sexual compatibility for a relationship you are just starting…what kind of job does he do? we pray he recovers but dont try that shit again…ask hi questions and listen more, dont get caught up in the sex if at all u have to sef… learn to take things easy and stop being desperate

9. AGHALIBELISM

November 7, 2018 at 11:33 pm

Ya mad,he is mad,that ya friend is mad,the therapist is mad……..all of us wasting time reading this are mad!
    What impotus and callusma…….Shebi na by force to travel ne?Amelika gbuo gi ebe ahu!