BN TV

Rita Dominic on Marital Pressure: “I will marry the man of my dreams and not the man the society dreams for me” | WATCH

So many things are going on in the world that shouldn’t be, one of such is the pressure (especially on women) to get married.

Superstar actress Rita Dominic, 43 was asked the marriage question on TVC‘s Your View and she responded brilliantly.

“At the end of the day, if I’m going to do it, I’m doing it for myself not that the society wants me to do it. I always will still say; I will marry the man of my dreams and not the man the society dreams for me.

Society feels there’s something wrong with you if you’re a certain age and you’re not married. What if it’s the society something is wrong with? For forcing someone to do what they don’t want to do?” she said.

She also opened up about almost getting married, but said she’s happy it didn’t work out because she “saw the signs”. She said:

I almost married someone. We were there. We were at that point. It didn’t work out and I’m happy it didn’t work out because I saw the signs.

You know how you see the signs and you just ignore it hoping the person will change. Look, a grown man and a grown woman cannot change. They can find a way to live with each other and respect each other’s feelings, but to change a grown person is difficult.

Rita also spoke about rebranding and continually improving yourself as an actor, especially in a super-fast growing industry like Nollywood.

Watch:

1. DENJI GWAFAN

November 10, 2018 at 11:26 am

Marriage for women is the greatest achievement in their lives, while for men is jts a content in our lives, Riri, you are yet to achieve that. You are almost at your Menopause.

• Kiki

November 11, 2018 at 4:06 am

It is this s— talk is the reason 90% of married people are living in hell and permanently married to MISTAKES. Cos the married coa society saids so

The married ones living with permanent mistakes are no better than single ones like Rita.

In God’s own time shell marry. So yall STFU

• Oma

November 11, 2018 at 6:12 am

You are horrible! Your mates are dead, you are almost on your deathbed

• Huoma

November 12, 2018 at 10:28 am

Are you any better than the person you are describing?

• Fact

November 11, 2018 at 6:54 am

You sound ignorant and illiterate. Better to be successfully and happily married than miserable or divorced. Children are a gift to marriage and not the institution. Children are a gift from God. That you marry at 20 does not mean you will have kids…Being a mother isn’t just about birthing a child..
      The greatest achievement for anyone in life both male and female is to know God and live a life of purpose.
      So many people out there destroying the lives of children in unhappy homes because they want to tick a box out of pressure.
      She will be fine. Menopause can come of it wants. There is IVF and there is adoption.
      You’re a non progressive thinker. I pray you see the light someday.

• Toro Akinseye

November 11, 2018 at 8:19 am

Wow what a backward way of thinking it is the singular reason why most Nigerian women are in sad miserable marriages! Rita may decide marriage is not for her there are many children to adopt if she has an instinct to be maternal. Oprah Winfrey has hundreds of girls that call her Mama, girls she trained up to Ivy League schools. Please stop suppressing women

2. Tamuno

November 10, 2018 at 12:21 pm

I really wished I’m her dream man.
    I so much adore you my SPECIAL

3. blessing

November 10, 2018 at 12:24 pm

But there is that problem of conceiving if you wait too long…

• Kiki

November 11, 2018 at 4:01 am

So she should just marry any body cos otherwise You (Mr God) like rest of society think itll be too late to have a baby.

You are her God abi

Mschewwwwww

• Siye

November 11, 2018 at 4:20 am

Did she tell you she wants to conceive??? Why do Nigerians think everybody wants to breed?? This is a serious question. Where in the constitution does it say every woman must want children and even if they want that they have to be pregnant with them or “conceive” them?? I get seriously confused when this assumption is made ALL the time while talking to Nigerians. Very annoying and quaint mentality. There are women who DON’T want children, there are women who DON’T want to be pregnant or conceive any child in their bodies. It is a thing Nigerians, it is a thing! It’s neither a good nor a bad thing, it is just what it is. I am sure there are Nigerian born and raised women who feel this way.

• Ngozi

November 11, 2018 at 10:42 am

There are women who do not want to conceive.

November 11, 2018 at 2:26 pm

Wether you wait or not conceiving is from God. Better to conceive a child in a healthy marriage regardless.

4. Nnenne

November 10, 2018 at 8:57 pm

May your dreams come true.

5. Bowl

November 12, 2018 at 9:05 am

You may all need to update your obsolete heads on late conception. It is now possible to have a child at 60 !

6. Baybie

November 12, 2018 at 12:05 pm

Rita dear, please don’t listen to all those marriage obsessed people. Keep choosing your happiness and NO ONE can change God’s plan for you.