Photos from the Official Launch of the Etam Lingerie Store in Lagos

Posted on Tuesday, May 31st, 2011 at 2:31 PM

By BellaNaija.com

On Friday 20 May 2011, Etam, an international lingerie brand which allows women to express in total liberty their femininity with spontaneity and freshness, opened their first ever store in Nigeria.

Founded in 1916, Etam is a major player in the world of women’s lingerie. The brand has always accompanied women from generation to generation, thanks to its historical know-how of French corset. Today, with 550 retail outlets in more than 30 countries, the brand continues to pursue its growth worldwide.

Thanks to its pretty and bubbly style, the brand carries the French charm that every woman is crazy about! Once mischievous, then chic or fun; the Etam Lingerie woman plays with fashion and its codes, with lightness and simplicity.

Etam caters for the needs of diverse women. The Charming woman is the leader of the new relaxed sexy; a glamour and sophisticated femininity. The Natural woman is fresh looking with a pretty, chic and refined style. The Funky lady likes to wear noticeable pieces; she injects colours, graphics, prints, iconic figures into her wardrobe and underwear.

Etam offers a complete range of feminine and fashion daywear and nightwear products, homewear and swimwear products. Fall for the Etam collection! Rendez-vous in your Etam Lingerie store, at the Palms Shopping Mall in Lagos, Nigeria.

Etam Nigeria Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/ETAM-Nigeria/139962636076552
***
Photo Credit: Etam
Sponsored Content

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags:

• Custom Search
  • 53 Comments on “Photos from the Official Launch of the Etam Lingerie Store in Lagos”

Comments
    • cathy May 31, 2011 at 2:36 PM

all for etam. nice

• If May 31, 2011 at 2:40 PM

Nice. Reminds me of H&M in paris…

• sarah May 31, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Monalisa luks splendid and so does Uche…..

• kokolette May 31, 2011 at 4:12 PM

absolutely!

• biola May 31, 2011 at 2:45 PM

First!!! a lot of people are not appropriately dressed. its a store opening/launching , you don’t wear a prom like dress or an ankara skirt suit.

• Salima June 1, 2011 at 1:35 AM

my thoughts exact, what is so special about opening a lingerie store , the advetised bilboard is not indicative of the nigerian woman….

• Ken June 1, 2011 at 3:09 PM

There really is no pleasing us Nigerians! I’m sure if it were the picture of a Nigerian chic on there, you will label her slut for “revealing too much” smh

• Jayla May 31, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Nice

• biola May 31, 2011 at 2:47 PM

that being said. i hope their bras don’t retail for 25,000 naira or some ridiculous price like that

• Nma May 31, 2011 at 2:47 PM

Toke Ibru……………. where on earth has he been hiding?

• dewowo May 31, 2011 at 3:03 PM

the guys looks more excited than the ladies. would hv been fun to see models displaying the pata & coste abi na lingerie

• kokolette May 31, 2011 at 4:20 PM

lmao!!! @ pata & coste, havent heard dat in ages!

• THE AMAKA May 31, 2011 at 3:07 PM

Monalisa, wetin na? you wan fall my hand?
      I like the girl in pic 47….move your mouse over the pics and the numbers shall pop up.
      looks classy, but uhm, okay.

• Indomie May 31, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Yea dude, the skirt was a little much (or just little period) for the event IMO. Haba.

• Tiki May 31, 2011 at 6:38 PM

True talk dat…the skirt is daringly short, especially for 9ja, but she wore it well sha…

• MumyZee June 1, 2011 at 9:59 AM

hmnnn…Such coincidence dat u like your namesake..i m suspecting you oo..lol

• THE AMAKA June 1, 2011 at 11:51 PM

wait, her name is Amaka too? well maybe that’s why we have similar tastes! haha we’re both tall, same complextion ;-)

• TAMA May 31, 2011 at 3:31 PM

nice pics …kinda funny seeing bras and pants dangling over guys head
      LOL

• Indomie May 31, 2011 at 3:55 PM

And that chic in ankara was feeling thyself sha!

• Amebo May 31, 2011 at 3:58 PM

Abeg who be dat for pic 48?

• Layla May 31, 2011 at 4:46 PM

the store looks lovely, but I do hope that they realize that they are in Nigeria, i.e a majority black country, they should reflect this audience in their ad starting with using a black model…

• kadiz May 31, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Yeah a black model would be nice, you have to cater to your audience, show them that the lingerie was made for them…but in Naija you never know, we do have our complexes

• Ready June 1, 2011 at 3:34 AM

I agree jare. I get that it’s a French company and they wanna keep their values of beauty & might be hesitant about practically making a Naija girl the face of their brand in Naij, but until I see a Black face on their posters, I’m iffy about the thing. I like that they brought their business to our country, but I’d like to see someone who looks like me on their posters.

• signature May 31, 2011 at 5:28 PM

I see some floral print dresses, plain sleevless tops, tees, and skinny jeans that i like! on the other hand, some outfits were too serious and dat blouse d girl in pic 22 is wearing is soo unflattering. I no go lie!

• misslaa May 31, 2011 at 6:58 PM

nawa o! I passed by this day and was thinking *na lingerie opening be this?* Monalisa sha…….you can like to be dressing like a bigz gehl please

• KAy May 31, 2011 at 7:28 PM

@biola I was just hoping so because in Paris etam is really affordable lingerie but nice though :)

• jadesola May 31, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Monalisa looks lovely, d pic 48 lady looks nice ‘mama jama no go gree’ , now pic 47 dats a lill to short! Come on , pic 45 holding d champagne glass, ur eyez are so pretty.

• e-bukun May 31, 2011 at 7:48 PM

er…nice. Why don’t we have Nigerian models in the shots if that’s where we’re selling? At the most use Oluchi or Agbani….mchew!

• Nne Daddy May 31, 2011 at 8:31 PM

My Aunties…………….. Aunty Ug and Aunty Ezy…….. U rockkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

• Mary007 May 31, 2011 at 9:55 PM

Wao I wonder how they do it in Nigeria wearing full sleeves, its damn hot, even with my ac on full blast I am still hot, BN thanks for the pictures

• Sia May 31, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Lol. Thank God no one wore a ball dress.

• Chikalaka May 31, 2011 at 11:56 PM

I dont understand why the model is white….they opened it in naij right? they should at least try to make it relevant to the country #JustSaying

• THE AMAKA June 1, 2011 at 10:00 AM

it’s funny that i barely glanced over that and it didn’t click into my mind until now, and then i saw your comment. THIS IS THE TYPE OF THING SUGABELLY AND I PREACH AGAINST! this is Nigeria for crying out loud. the majority of the people are BLACK, so why is there this big billboard displaying this white model. some people truly make you wonder. do they think because she is white, more people will want to buy their items or what? i believe it’s probably owned by whites or non-blacks, but don’t insult us by displaying this large white model to a black consumer market. what is wrong with some people sef?

• ijustdeytakeeyedeylook June 1, 2011 at 2:30 AM

Hmm…na wah for us. Last week, someone opened a spa and we saw red carpet pics. Today, a pant and bra shop; red carpet pics again. At the rate things are going, we will soon be viewing red carpet pics for Sura the tailor’s new shop, Ovularia’s house-warming and Gringory’s graduation from primary school…

• Sassy June 1, 2011 at 9:06 AM

Nigerians are known to be ostentatious in their display of wealth and lifestyle, the foreigners are only emulating na!!

• Ima June 1, 2011 at 9:14 AM

My thoughts exactly. Lol.

• If June 1, 2011 at 1:34 PM

LOL

• nig June 1, 2011 at 6:05 AM

Still on the girl at no 47 ..Baby u are dam hot and pretty with flat tummy…lol Wink from JP

• THE AMAKA June 1, 2011 at 10:02 AM

the ad sort of serves as a reminder that Nigeria may still not be colonized, but mentally, and somewhat in reality, we are still colonized.

• THE AMAKA June 1, 2011 at 10:03 AM

*not still

• Peace!PEACE!! June 1, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Not bad!!!BUT Who is the girl in Pic 46?
      Its so annoying when you see shops in naija owned by white people who dont have the decency to sensitise their promotion to the market they are in! Incredibly frustrating! Up until 6 months ago when I realised that it sells!! Seriously naija people will not buy things associated with naija people but will buy more, once they feel there is an association with the “white race”. Im sure some of you are wondering what im on about. But Stop….Pause…Think about it and it will become glaringly obvious that this is indeed what happens. In many ways we are still suckers to the white men and its sad to say it but its the truth. Is Etam the 1st lingerie shop in naija? No!!!! But will it outsell the others? You bet!!!

• SexyNigerianBrother June 7, 2011 at 6:51 PM

I think we just fail to sell ourselves properly. Etam like many other lingerie companies outside Nigeria often spend a whole lot of money on quality photo shoots, packaging and so on. I personally think dark skin is even sexier in lingerie but nobody here does beautiful ad campaigns…

• tyna June 1, 2011 at 11:05 AM

nice stuff

• doll June 1, 2011 at 2:13 PM

monalisa looks pretty

• helen June 1, 2011 at 2:38 PM

I hope they have panties in sizes up to 18……. because after all they are coming to the Naija market and ladies be having extra trunks on this side of the world

• Bellar June 1, 2011 at 2:38 PM

The Lady on pic 28 with Uche Jombo, too many things happening at the same time. Big hair, big shirt, hmmm takam easy oh.

• sugarchic June 1, 2011 at 7:56 PM

very colourful event… plenty fyn boiz, yaaaaay!!!! cool shoes tooo…. me likey

• TheBestDuuh June 2, 2011 at 3:14 AM

can someone PLEASE remind me why people wear flip flops to events

• Ginika June 2, 2011 at 5:13 AM

@TheBestDuuh, its naija and we hav been doing it for ages?!

Anyway, naija cities=cash making hot spots if you’re ready to take the risk.

The chick with the short dress has really lovely legs and she isn’t about to hide her legs… I won’t personally wear a skirt that short but then again, that’s why its not me standing there.

• Lingerie Shop June 2, 2011 at 12:46 PM

very nice picture attachment .

• Bushman June 4, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Why am I on this page?

There are no lingerie models, are there?

• jaguarnana June 7, 2011 at 2:12 PM