#BN2015Epilogues: As Lynda Counts Her Losses, She Hopes for a Better Future

dreamstime_l_39231188Happy new year to all our readers! As promised, we are continuing the 2015 Epilogues due to the volume of responses we got. We’d like to thank every one who sent an entry, and if you sent your story before the 15th of December 2015, you will see it published on BellaNaija.

If you’re reading this and wondering, ‘What on earth is the series about?’ please catch up HERE.

When 2015 epilogue entries was announced, I fought within myself about whether to share my story or not. 2015 is the year I grew up, toughened up and experienced hard knocks.

This year I experienced heartbreak, dishonesty, lies and infidelity by my friend of 4 years and boyfriend of one year. Everything about the relationship was a lie, he stringed me along with another girl he dated and later got married to. I broke up with him after finding out the lies and he proposed to her 2 weeks later.

I asked myself what I ever did to offend him but in all I give thanks because it made me stronger.

That same month, I got a rare promotion and lost it the next day. I was accused of doing something with no evidence against me. I didn’t have a ‘big uncle’ at work to defend me because those who had were exonerated.
My new position was given to people I was more qualified than at work.

I lost it at that point,I fasted, prayed, lost my appetite, hoping against hope for my promotion to be restored. I’m still waiting.

This year marked the 10th year my Dad died and 2 years Momie left as well, I still lack words to express how I feel. I just hope they are proud of me.

What I got out of all these experiences was a closeness to God, strength and assurance that God will sort me out. What is ahead is greater than what was lost.

Looking forward to unimaginable successes in 2016.

Photo Credit: Dreamstime

15 Comments on #BN2015Epilogues: As Lynda Counts Her Losses, She Hopes for a Better Future
  • titolu January 21, 2016 at 12:44 pm

Oh Lynda, my heart goes out to you.
    I cant even start to imagine the pains 2015 brought to you….
    But you still here dear, living and standing, and that’s a huge one!
    Lemme share my daily promise for today with u-”wait for the Lord, be strong and let your heart take courage….” Ps. 27:14
    It’s a new dawn for you Lynda!
    Please take that as a God-sent word for you today.
    Cheer up dearie, the party just got started…..ehugsssss*

• MIST January 21, 2016 at 5:58 pm

@titolu, I wish I could like your comment like a thousand times.

My dear Linda, May the good Lord restore unto you a thousand times what the enemy has stolen from you IJN! God is faithful, you may feel He is late but he is always on time.

Please read this Deuteronomy 7:9 “Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; He is the faithful God, keeping His covenant of love to a thousand generations…”

• frannie-beautifulsoul January 21, 2016 at 12:53 pm

Oh dear e-hugs ur way. U are such a strong being holding it all together. Its good riddance . All these cheats at least u need to be grateful for being free of STDs. It hurts but the sun will still shine on u n soon dear.

• @edDREAMZ January 21, 2016 at 12:53 pm

I pray yu achieve all ur dreams though….. Bigger yu i pray….

• Babytohcute January 21, 2016 at 12:54 pm

Until now, I never knew that “what’s ahead is greater than what was lost”. So, thank you for those words of upliftment. May the good Lord settle you.

• Miss B January 21, 2016 at 12:55 pm

Hey lovely, I just want you to know you are not alone in this story and challenge you are going through. You are not weird, you are not cursed and nor has the Lord forgotten you. Suffering and challenges are all part of life. Sadly what happens is many people tend not to share the things that they are going through so oen can easily think others are living smooth life with no challenges. Heal and grieve darling you are allowed and entitled to. I went through the same thing last year. My boyfriend of three years had been cheating on me, found out when I went to a wedding and a girl was talking about her boyfriend who happend to also be my own boyfriend. My father was diagnosed with cancer and i’ve been looking after him on my own. I don;t have a big family so all the pressure is on me. I just finished my Masters and am still looking for a job. God blessed me with a special friend last year and the lady has been such an amazing support in my life. She is that sister friend that I think every female pray’s for, (say yes to new friends) But in all this I trust GOD will still do wonders for me. He still is, being alive and healthy is such a great gift. Let you’re eyes open up to blessings he has given you today, let tomorrow deal with itself. Don’t let the world define to you what it is to be blessed. The blessing is in every situation not just in happy moments. You are not cursed or forgotten girl. He will work all things out for those who love him. xx

• D January 21, 2016 at 1:29 pm

“What is ahead is greater than what was lost.” Well said, you’ve been through so much but where others would have turned bitter, you remain hopeful and trusting in God. He will not disappoint you. May you be blessed beyond your wildest imagination this year. God bless you, and yes, your parents resting with the Lord would be proud of you.

• GeeGee January 21, 2016 at 1:40 pm

Wow! your strength, faith and courage is really amazing. I went through something similar some years back. I was with a guy for close to 3 years but i always noticed this girl who calls him and he always claimed they are just friends and co-workers went to the same school and found each other in this same city again and bla bla bla… he called me up one day and started saying he cant be with me cause I’m such a proud person and he needs a humble lady to marry. I was shocked beyond imagination only to discover about a year later that he was getting married to that “friend” of his. I tried another relationship and i cannot even begin to break down the drama that one came with. I became so frustrated feeling like every man that comes around has an excuse to leave…. i became frustrated, always angry, always sad. But I have decided to free myself and Let God work in my life because my own ways have failed me. I am hopeful that I will have a testimony this year.

Sorry for your loss and I pray God will give you the strength and faith to move on. All your dreams will come true and when God moves in your life, nobody will be able to comprehend. May you move from glory to glory this year in Jesus name

Miss B: I pray God will continue to give you strength and bless you with your desired job this year. Nothing is impossible in him and may He continually give you strength to look after your dad and the rest of the family. It is well and I know God will open a lot of doors this year.

• Odididi January 21, 2016 at 1:46 pm

Job5;18- for though he wounds, he also bandages. He strikes, but his hands also heals….. My dear, God is truly awake and next beside you. He will always show himself faithful. Just be steadfast and pray without ceasing.looking forward to your 2016 testimonies!!

• Ever Green January 21, 2016 at 1:51 pm

I can feel what you are going through because I am also going through serious challenges that is making me cry but I know it is just for a period and God will make a way when there is now way. I also pray that God give us strength and all we have lost will be replaced and doubled in Jesus name.

• Martinson Oluwaseun January 21, 2016 at 2:11 pm

He sure didn’t bring you this far to leave you! have a victorious 2016!

• D January 21, 2016 at 3:21 pm

Verily he didn’t, 2014 a brand new positive tale

• Sisi January 21, 2016 at 4:04 pm

Bless you dear, your best is yet to come. I’ve learnt in the last year sometimes you have to hit rockbottom. Know that once that happens the only way is up. Don’t give up, that which is for you will surely locate you. Thanks for sharing xx

• Honeycrown January 22, 2016 at 5:08 am

I think this is the first time I’m reading one of these epilogues. Anyway…..my sister, don’t lose hope and continue to hold on to God. He will see you through. Try this book, “Streams in the Desert”. Check out excerpts of it online.

• Dr. N January 22, 2016 at 12:57 pm

E hugs. Just to let u know u r not pitiful but powerful. Your story is so encouraging rather than sad.
    Be friends@ drnsmusings@yahoo.com