What are you Bringing to the Table in Your Relationship? Watch “The Love Chest”

OAP and Vlogger Aderonke Adebanjo is out with a new vlog and this week she talks about relationships and how everyone should have something to offer.

She shares her thoughts on why it’s important to know what you want in a spouse but asks us to consider something else as well…

Watch below.

13 Comments on What are you Bringing to the Table in Your Relationship? Watch “The Love Chest”
  • Tolu February 26, 2016 at 3:21 pm

I’m bringing the damn table?

• nene February 26, 2016 at 5:50 pm

• Caligula February 26, 2016 at 6:35 pm

Yes oooo.. Bringing the table, the chairs & my fine self.. Everlasting eye candy for the boo ???

It’s people like the yeye writer that sends the message that……if you don’t have 10 phDs OR if your family is not swimming in money, you don’t deserve to be in a relationship with someone who has all of the above. Marrying for all the wrong reasons ?

• xag February 26, 2016 at 5:13 pm

Lol. Nigerian women and relationship commentary. To answer your question though most of them have nothing to bring to the table. They’ll either get defensive, say things that sound smart but at the end of the day mean nothing (.ie. I’m bringing the damn table) or avoid the topic entirely. Only an exemplary few have something if anything to offer.

• anonymous February 26, 2016 at 5:38 pm

You talk too much. If you want to bash women so much, nairaland is there for your type. run along now.

• xag February 26, 2016 at 9:04 pm

You my dear, have just proven my point.

• cindy February 26, 2016 at 5:53 pm

I have so much to bring to the table in a relationship. I honestly don’t want to hold back when it comes to a relationship (well except my body sha if I’m not married). I just want to love and give it all; finance, respect, time, space, prayers etc. But that can only be possible in an ideal world, where I won’t be taken advantage of either intentionally or not. In this reality I live in, I’ve got to have principles to protect myself. The way we treat one another in relationships sometimes is not because we really mean ill of the other person (it is sometimes) it is because we don’t really know better. This is why I can’t stand people that are rigid, the team ‘this is the way it has been, so this is how it must continue to be’. It reeks of selfishness. We should all remember that each and every one of us are coming from different backgrounds and have had different experiences while growing up. We should be more tolerant & understanding of the other person in the relationship. We should be less selfish and make compromises as deem fit. I pray that one day, I’ll meet someone with this ideology. I’m tired of the games and competition.

NB: to those that are about to lash out on this topic, ‘bringing something to the table’ is not limited to money. Don’t come and prove your lack of education here.

• nene February 26, 2016 at 5:54 pm

on a serious note, a lot of nigerian women are not bringing anything to the table. they want the man to bring everything, including the table. i want a rich boyfriend, he must have a car, he must be fine, he must be tall, blabla. have u looked at yourself in the mirror and asked if you truly deserve such a man? if you have high standards that’s good, but if you don’t even fit up to those standards what makes u think that u as a jobless woman deserves a rich man, or an average woman deserves a Denzel? this also applies to men, but it’s more common with women.

• Md February 26, 2016 at 7:18 pm

Best comment, sometimes I look at those women avatars/pics and nearly puke and there used-up ugly faces, talking about the kind of men they deserved …give me a break

• Cindy February 26, 2016 at 7:55 pm

Do we live in the same country? I don’t know why you people monetize this topic every time. The funny thing is most Nigerian women I have met contribute a great deal to family finance. So what are you on about? Imagine a woman, cooking, cleaning, taking care of kids, going to the market, hosting family and friends, taking care of things the man will probably not take note of. Even with all these, she still has a day job to earn extra income for the family and someone here has the damn guts to say Nigerian women bring nothing to the table? Leave all of these things to the man alone and see how chaotic the house will become. It is not always about money. It is with this irritating mentality that a lot of men think all they have to contribute in the home is their money. Not every woman wants their money. Just be responsible! I’m sad this is coming from a fellow woman, reinforcing stupid stereotypes. Don’t judge the average Nigerian woman based on what you see on BN or Instagram. I walk around everyday and I see women hustling as much as men so where is this mentality that all we want to do is sit and chop husband’s money coming from? You need a rethink @nene

• damilola February 27, 2016 at 4:29 pm

Well, just bcos you are not one of the women or around women who bring a lot to the table doesnt mean you should disregard it. And we are not talking about looks here being a certain complexion and bringing being light skin or big boobs, booty to the table. This involves using your brain.

Majority of nigerian women sacrifice a lot, bring so much to the table and often times their sacrifice is ignored, undervaalued and not appreciated at all. Some modern naija women only have their body to bring to the table but many naija women are extremely hardworking, going beyond to make sure their husband and children are ok. On top of it, they do it without complaining. They will cook with smiles, and still try to enjoy life.

I salute, you nigerian women jncluding my mommy(my queen). Going to school while pregnant, working still come home to cook for my dad. Take care of six of us. In addition, to dealing with nigerian men who believe thats what women are for. Therefore, they dont appreciate yet these women still do it with love in their hearts.

• Tosin February 27, 2016 at 6:16 am

O wow, this is GREAT content. I would watch it again, and I feel like both men and women should watch this. It really made me think. Really. Wow.

So what am I bringing to the table loool. I’m not a hustler, and I’m not a fighter. I am amazing if you understand. I don’t have five seconds to spare if you don’t. Meanwhile, make yourself busy…peel me a grape (Diana Krall)

• flames February 28, 2016 at 10:54 pm

I feel like some pple missed the whole point of the video, she’s not talking about monetary or physical aspects of relationships, She’s talking about character; if u’re fun or kind enough, if u have a forgiving spirit, things like that. I think its great advice that as you’re making a list of things u want in a guy, u should also make a list of things about u that could be on another person’s list.