BN TV: Nutritionist Ayo Van Elmar Shares Info on How to Make Vitamin Water

Nutrionist Ayo Van Elmar says:

“Whether you are on a diet or not, feeding your body with chemicals posing as food is not the way to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Choosing the right kinds of drinks when thirsty, and developing a lasting mental positive attitude towards water, teas and natural fruits / flavours is essential on your healthy lifestyle journey. You probably know that most carbonated drinks; Coca-cola, Fanta, Sprite, Mirinda, Lemonades etc. aren’t good for your health, they are empty calories and full of sugar. Colouring agents and sweeteners are chemicals that your body cannot digest avoid them until you have mastered the art of leaving them out completely. Making the right choices when it comes to your drinks, is an achievable habit that would soon turn into a healthy lifestyle. Make your own vitamin water in less than five minutes and enjoy the benefits of nature!”

Watch how to make your own vitamin water below.

14 Comments on BN TV: Nutritionist Ayo Van Elmar Shares Info on How to Make Vitamin Water
  • ty March 15, 2016 at 7:33 pm

I love your presentation, I will keep watching… well done!

• bellabelle March 15, 2016 at 8:05 pm

• Kay March 16, 2016 at 12:09 am

Great info!

• Ireallylovethis March 16, 2016 at 5:11 am

This show is very good. I hope the right companies use this platform for advertising instead of other junk shows. Elmar, you are a good presenter with a wealth of knowledge. Please don’t be deterred by the low volume of watchers or comments. The African audience is not quite used to this type of long form educational content ( which could actually save their lives) but with time I hope they do. Please keep it coming. Even hoping to collaborate with you in the future as I am a huge health advocate too.

• Ewa March 16, 2016 at 9:08 am

Informative. Thanks.

• mimi March 16, 2016 at 9:45 am

This is wonderful and i appreciate that u are doing this. However, this is a hard teaching and dont expect everyone to understand. I say this because i have been eating healthy for the past 5 years after NYSC and i only drink water and juice made by me. I also dont eat out cos of food colours/ chemicals and MSG, i exercise for 75mins weekly. when people find out out, they first ask if am diabetic or terminally ill and when i reply that i am just totally off junks, they tell me that am punishing myself rather than enjoying my life. Save for menstrual pain, i havent experienced any pain or sickness in these 5years. I have tried educating my friends on this but they dont listen. When i decided to do this ,my family told me not to kid myself cos its impossible. The first two years was difficult but now i dont crave those stuff any more , seems like ingesting poison to me. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

• Sunshine March 17, 2016 at 7:06 am

I get the same reaction as well. Now that I have recently become a vegetarian I can’t even tell anyone because of the crazy opinion people have especially being a nigerian and a vegetarian. I have decided to keep my diet option to myself and do me.

• Chyka March 16, 2016 at 10:07 am

Real nice, educative, keep the good work

• Tosin March 16, 2016 at 4:31 pm

summary biko…credit too cost.

• no March 16, 2016 at 5:10 pm

Aunty, u shoulda just written out this thing biko. Woulda been way easier to read than watch.

• Alex March 17, 2016 at 12:31 am

Let me rephrase your point, because books have been written, movies should not be made out of them? Or vice versa? Or because there are libraries, tv shouldn’t exist?

• Idomagirl March 16, 2016 at 7:28 pm

Good stuff.

• Ayo Elizabeth Olaogun March 18, 2016 at 1:04 am

Well done @Mimi! It’s great that you’re giving your body the very best that you can! It is all paying you off with good health! I know we will gradually get there. I dream of a healthy Africa, one void of health myths, where people no longer think that abdominal obesity is a sign of good living! What a paradox!
    I will continue to ring the health bell as long as I can.
    @Sunshine It is your body and am proud of you! That you’ve chosen that path. You’ve also made a wise decision to keep it to yourself, Saves you unnecessary comments.
    @Ireallylovethis Thank you! Thank you! I won’t be discouraged!
    Health is wealth! And Eatrightafrica will continue to prick consciences, to remind us to take responsibility for our bodies!
    Healthily Yours,
    Ayo Elizabeth

• Fabulous B April 10, 2016 at 1:27 pm

Thank you, ma. Really appreciate your efforts in educating us. Keep it up. God strengthen you. How can one reach you?