Exclusive: Temi Dollface’s MUST WATCH New Video – “School Your Face”

Temi Dollface

Just as we promised, Temi DollFace’s video for her song ‘School Your Face’ is out on BN!

The video was released in celebration of Women’s History Month, International Women’s Day and is also a special tribute to her Grandmother.

A humorous tale about the ancient battle between head and heart, the video sees Temi playing dual roles; an eccentric no-nonsense sergeant and a young love-smitten woman. These two roles are representative of a Hard/Soft duality that women strive to attain.

According to Temi, her Grandmother, whose nickname is coincidentally “Sergeant Major”, is the perfect embodiment of such a woman. A Steel Magnolia!

Shot in Lagos, the video was directed by Damola Adelaja and produced/ styled by Temi Dollface herself. She borrowed from art, history and fashion but then completely embodies their references as their own original idea.

Watch it below:

30 Comments on Exclusive: Temi Dollface’s MUST WATCH New Video – “School Your Face”
  • David Nwachukwu March 23, 2016 at 12:43 pm

So so so so proud of you Temi! Absolutely love the theme and your signature humor in a video. Well done and I’m looking forward to music awe-daciousness from you this year. #SchoolYourFace

• similicious March 23, 2016 at 1:09 pm

Nigeria’s Erykah Badu. I am such a huge fan.

• hezekina pollutina March 23, 2016 at 1:20 pm

Boom! Go Temi!!! Triple Weapon!

• Lala March 23, 2016 at 1:36 pm

Love her!!!!

• Nne March 23, 2016 at 2:18 pm

Love you Temi … keep prospering

• Bandele March 23, 2016 at 2:44 pm

Oh gosh.. That’s 4 minutes of my life i’ll never get back..

Truly awful..

• OMOBA March 23, 2016 at 3:03 pm

It clearly wasn’t that bad if she held your attention for FOUR MINUTES . Don’t post just for posting sake. Trolling ass N+@£%r! What a Spiteful cretin you are.

• ? March 23, 2016 at 3:28 pm

Honestly, it’s not that deep bruh!

• Hills March 23, 2016 at 3:05 pm

Gosh!!! She’s just pleasantly weird. I love!

• ESTHERO March 23, 2016 at 3:19 pm

It clearly wasn’t that bad if she held your attention for FOUR MINUTES @Bandele – Don’t post just for posting sake. Bandele aka Being an internet troll! What a spiteful thing to say. My mum always said, if you have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all. WONDERFUL work Temi. Finally a star that can compete internationally from Nigeria. You deserve every accolade this video will bring you. Choreo, costume, concept, acting, direction ON POINT. Without a few negative comments it means your work is not art, art will always be scrutinized. It should be. Slay mama. Slay!

• Spunky March 23, 2016 at 4:13 pm

For some reason I can’t explain, I was looking forward to seeing this video. I’m not disappointed. Temi, show the talentless ski bi robo ri bi how it’s done.

• LaitanBadmus_oMoSexy March 23, 2016 at 4:35 pm

Lmao @Bandele. Abegi, see dis one. Shameless man, checkin BellaNaija to put a woman down. Agbaya. Lmaoooo. Babe made you watch and listen for 5 minutes, 4 minutes to watch, then you took the time to sit and type comment and now he wan say she didn’t have an effect on you? Oh boy, take several seats. If I don’t know better, I go fit say dis one know Madame doll face personally and wan steal her shine by force. Olodo, when you don make your own video let us put side by side and compare. Temi my Queen, we hail you well well. VIDEO OF D YR.

• Pompey March 23, 2016 at 9:13 pm

You are OMOBA with the same avatar and you are ESTHERO with the same intro as OMOBA – almost word for word.

We get it. You are Temi’s close friend or family member. I love this video but don’t cheapen her effort by seeming like a PR person on commission and hijacking the comments section. We are smart here.

• Awww March 23, 2016 at 4:36 pm

So, so love what her grandma said in the begining. Felt like she was talking to me. Wish more female leads in my life would have said that to me.(

• She March 23, 2016 at 4:59 pm

I swear I didn’t get it.

• MAYA-ANGELOUS-OFFSPRING March 23, 2016 at 5:10 pm

At times I despair at our culture for missing so much of the subliminal messages of real artistry. This video made me weep. Not once was she naked. Not once did she wear a bikini. Not once did she twerk… And that message at the start. Wow. A mantra for all women. This is a video all of us young mothers must share with our daughters. “Obinrin ni iyo aiye”- women are the salt of the earth. “obirin lagbara”- women have strength. “women are the kingmakers” and then, “I love you my daughter” “you are smart” “you are beautiful”- all anyone needs to hear, that their mentor loves them. I wept o. This made me cry. I loved my grandma so much. She raised me and this made me weep for her words and mentorship made me the iyawo and iya I am today. This video needs an oscar for best film. Please can we find out who wrote this? They must write books for young girls. I see this as a cartoon series.

• Corolla March 23, 2016 at 6:12 pm

Hi Temi.

• titi March 23, 2016 at 11:25 pm

hello Temi

• David Nwachukwu March 24, 2016 at 10:53 am

Don’t be petty. Her fanbase may not seem supersize (which is most times fuckle) on social media, but it is very solid. Take seeeevverral seats.

• I_DonGinger March 23, 2016 at 5:17 pm

Those that will get will get. Those that won’t will not. It isn’t a fight to outsmart one another please o. It is clear tho that this is a smart woman that wants to advance our thinkin not just do kpangolo music. To me, she is the real and ONLY offspring to Fela Kuti. Because every time you listen you find hidden layers in the message. Let us not forget to nod to Nigeria. The green of our flag. NYSC (SYFC), The Obafemi Awolowo hat and agbada. Then to use the fmous Lady Hilda- matriach to so many Nigerians and Queen of the Adefarasin Dynasty- Dat is Pastor Wale’s mum o. 20 out of 10.

• zee March 23, 2016 at 5:50 pm

I luv this!!!! One of d few who doesn’t rush into d studio to give us a meaningless dance track dat wil be forgotten under 1month. Keep yur game tight girl, we luv yur originality!!!

• THOT/THAT March 23, 2016 at 6:24 pm

NEXT LEVEL. COSMICALLY GOOD. ORGASMIC EXCELLENCE. OSHE! Check out Awolowo reference. NYSC reference. Green White Green reference to Naija flag. Tribute to womanhood- Mrs Funmilayo Ransom Kuti. Black power pose. Fela pose. We will be celebrating Beyonce and not celebrating our own. I LUV dis babe! Temi abeg, you ready to marry Warri boi?

• Jolly March 23, 2016 at 9:19 pm

Y’all need to stop it with the PR comments that all sound the same.
      We can all love the video without this behavior.

• Babygiwa March 23, 2016 at 6:41 pm

I like this video.

• Rezthapoet March 23, 2016 at 6:58 pm

I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED YOU, TEMI!!!

Keep doing you.

I remain a #diehardfan of your music.

• Tosin March 23, 2016 at 6:59 pm

tdf always takes me a while…her product is like high-quality slow food not fast food…
    the second time is better than the first, already…
    guess i look forward to discovering the vid. merci.

• Pompey March 23, 2016 at 9:16 pm

Goodness me!

Just realized you commented even more! You’re MAYA ANGELOU’s OFFSPRING and you’re also I_DONGINGER.

Your avatar shows you up. JUST STOP IT ALREADY! Ugh!

• Erika badu March 24, 2016 at 1:44 am

This has got to be the video of the year. It tells a story of a womans virtues. May this be endorsed by the right music corporation. It is time for Temi to RISE and SHINE!

• The One March 26, 2016 at 9:21 pm

In love with this video.

• Tosin March 31, 2016 at 12:17 pm