Features

“Fat People Smell!” Battabox Asks Nigerian Men What Their Size Preference in Women Is

Atoke

There are no words to describe the kind of laughter that this video has brought me this morning and since there is love in sharing… I’m doing just that.
I saw something on Twitter last week about how even though a lot of men say they prefer their women to be “thick” it never really is about that. Anyway, the guys at Battabox head to the streets to ask what the preference is. Large or skinny?

Watch the video here!

1. Godsluv22

May 3, 2013 at 11:46 am

Lol…..Nawoooo…..These are say the truth oh

2. Hurperyermie

May 3, 2013 at 12:01 pm

but this is the hard truth sha

3. Sharon

May 3, 2013 at 12:03 pm

lol

4. Funtizzy

May 3, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Lol, na real wa o, anyway over 180 is u know nw

5. memyselfandI

May 3, 2013 at 12:27 pm

If you say some one who is fat smell, that most of all your mothers smell!!.. because I can not but say that it is so ignorant for any one to agree to that.. and that should also not be the title of that video. God did not create every one to be slim…..

• ikunkun

May 3, 2013 at 2:31 pm

hahaha abi oh!…Yes!! the overweight females in your family smell!! most African mothers(aunties, grandmas) are fat, or at least were fat at some point and had to loose weight because of high BP & diabetes. All these peeps will come on here and start acting brand new & dissing fat people because modern times has smiled on them and introduced them to a bowl of salad and gym. Abeg before I tell any fat person to go and loose weight I would have address a couple of peeps in family first and foremost..as per the d ‘comot the log for your eye’ theory wey my Lord Jesus Christ teach me….

6. Tola size 6 - 8

May 3, 2013 at 12:30 pm

The whole world plus their mother knows that slim girls ROCK!!!!. A multi billion dollar industry was built on it.We all know which team invented the phrase real men love real women with meat on their bones. Yeah right, tell that to the madam at home who has balloned after three kids and her husband is chasing skinny kokolettes on the road, not that her weight is the only reason o, before voltrons attack me, but you have to admit that men find skinny girls attractive, and in marriage as a woman you have to remain attractive kids irrespective. Coming from a girl who everyone tells to gain weight. Two guesses which team are more vocal about my weight, and you don’t dare tell them to lose some.

• Californiabawla

May 3, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Your entire argument is based on how the world(men) prefers you….biggest fault ever.
      I have been through enough to know that beauty is fickle, somethings will happen to you in this life you’ll forget weight sharp sharp…take me for an example, When I turned 21 I developed a skin problem called melasma, the opposite of what MJ (says he) had, my skin started turning black in large patches (face , neck and arms!!!)..I bet a man would have picked a bigger girl over an ojuju calabar like me back then, I had to find my confidence outside of my physical appearance.
      Life has way to many facets for you to be screaming “slim girls rock”….a lot of people rock dear..”intelligent girls rock” “enterprising girls rock” “tall girls rock” “petite girls rock” “girls with big booty rock” “girls with big boobies rock” “girls with naturally long hair rock”….It solely depends on whatever ‘rocks’ the beholder’s boat (pun intended) or why do you think everybody is not walking around looking like clones of Agbani or Genevieve?

• Darkgirlsrock

May 3, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Gbam, well said

• Lara

May 4, 2013 at 4:01 am

You write up makes sense. I like the skin problem analogy. Smart you!

• Doro

May 4, 2013 at 4:54 am

Fabulous response! Sexualising women the way the world has done, is downright insulting and degrading. You wonder why most of all heinous sexual crimes are commited on women. Big or small, fat or skinny,every woman has a right to choose how she should look.Its a sexist video, and its a shame a woman had to be the one doing it!my opinion.

• zsa zsa

May 4, 2013 at 6:23 am

Bless you a thousand times over for this. Yes life is too complicated to focus on one aspect, when life takes you through its school your perspective on life changes. ALL GIRLS ROCK!! 🙂

• dede

May 5, 2013 at 9:52 pm

The reason God made us in different shapes and sizes -fat, slim, big breast, flat chest, big bum, no bum, figure 8, figure 1- is because he likes variation and different sizes appeal to different men. Same thing with men. I have friends who like chubby guys but I have been unable to find chubby guys attractive. It’s just life. Same goes for guys. Lots of guys cannot find skinny girls attractive, they prefer their ladies big. It really shouldn’t be a war. Big girls hating on skinny girls and vice versa. Everyone is beautiful. You just have to own what you’ve got.

7. Masked

May 3, 2013 at 12:46 pm

[email protected] d presenter and raised eye brow at d nicompu that called sme one fat…not fun!

8. AW

May 3, 2013 at 12:50 pm

What is FAT? Who defines it? How is it defined? Who set the standard?

9. dobby

May 3, 2013 at 12:51 pm

lolz!! i luv something big….something that can occupy space????
    So slim people don’t occupy space abi….SMH!!

10. pynk

May 3, 2013 at 12:54 pm

men find everything attractive. You’d be amazed at what you swear some men will like and what they dont like.

11. memyselfandI

May 3, 2013 at 1:15 pm

@ Tola you are missing the point… Slim girls and both thick ones Rock…. It all boils down to self confidence.. and like I said earlier God did not make every one slim, and one man’s meat is another man’s poison…As long as you are comfortable in your skin, no one has right to judge ….Who says because a multi billion industry is built on it, makes it acceptable .. because of this same industry , most girls try to be anorexic,and have eating disorders… My Thing whatever shape or size you are and comfortable with , please rock it !!!

12. Anonymous

May 3, 2013 at 1:26 pm

I think the caption is in bad taste, not to mention mis-leading…in fact just wrong on so many levels. As an international platform I’m pretty sure you can come up with a catchy caption that isn’t as subjective.

• HONEYDEE

May 3, 2013 at 2:57 pm

i totally agree. the caption got me mad.

13. Sola

May 3, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Lol Afi flexible on bed na….

14. Sholex.

May 3, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Stupid talk

15. Adebola

May 3, 2013 at 2:29 pm

First of all, she needs to work on her English and compose herself well in front of the camera .
    I was very disappointed when the man said big people smell . I know a lot of big people who have great personal hygiene compared to some slim people who probably don’t sweat at much ( btw I’m slim)
    I think the most important thing is being healthy . You definitely wouldn’t want to marry someone who would be diagnosed with any disease because of their bad eating habits/ weight later in life . Nigerians believe that big is part of being rich and those that are skinny are poor. Which is the exact opposite in the Western world . The poor feed themselves with McDonalds and can’t afford healthy food . While the rich spend their money on eating healthy and exercising . My point is ladies , don’t decide to eat too much or starve yourself because you’re trying to meet the standards of a man. Be healthy and a man who would appreciate your physique and values will come your way.

16. Partyrider

May 3, 2013 at 2:35 pm

I won’t even bother watching? I don’t find these battabox videos funny one bit..
    Plus the caption put me off already. Next

17. Princess

May 3, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Nigerian men dont really appreciate women.. How can you loosely say “they smell”!! Obviously cos no one says much. Such type if his wife becomes pregnant and put on weight, he wud make a life a living hell and she wud lose self confidence!! Shame!

• e-bukun

May 3, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Thank you! when most nigerian men smell. I want to start a campaign in Nigeria encouraging men to wear deodorant, because I cannot understand how people walk around inhaling the smell of their own sweaty bodies. I walk past some men and it’s a gusk of this ugh godawful smelly air, and i’m like “give peace a chance, buy sure or dove”.

18. comment awaiting moderation!

May 3, 2013 at 3:11 pm

BN,I no fit separate fight oooo..All the fat orobo kibor will come here to defend their self now! But the truth be told,there are loadz of advantage being slim…it way more comfortable,and they age less,not to talk of sexy outfit out there which are meant for skinny pple…Look at Kate henshaw,do you think she will look amazing @ 42 if she is fat? Genny and Tiwa are abt 33 and look like they are in their 20th! Look at Oluchi,even after 2 kids! Not to mention western celebrities like Eva Longoria,Gabrelle union,JLO,Noami Campell etc they look so attractive and still attract lovers below their age,common let truth prevail! Who says Men like them big? At the end of the day,confidence work it all,whether big or skinny….

• Abana

May 4, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Actually skinny women are more likely to look aged than fat women. I read on CNN Health a while ago that statistically, thinner women appear older because their wrinkles are more likely to show than if they were fatter. Their hands, feet, face and neck are more likely to appear wrinkly than fatter women. So while its good to be slim when you are young, its much better to have meat on your bones by the time you are 50.

19. interesting

May 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm

keep giving excuses for fat people and to the onw who said who defines what fat is hahahahahahahahah IMAGINE!!

Fat people

Slim people

20. Mo'blezzin

May 3, 2013 at 3:26 pm

I understand the guy’s (myopic) view sweaty big people but I’m generally irritated by sweaty people in general(it’s not their fault though) .but really if you sweat a lot and have bad hygiene that’s when you smell bad…most of the people I’ve met with BO are skinny though…but then, most people I know are skinny too, lol.
    But this BN caption na wah! the girl doing the interview na wah!! (i prefer the other battabox girl) she now even said 80% percent of the people she interviewed preferred lepas like her, but they showed us about 70%who preferred thick to moderate but I guess she chose the result that suited her…lols. who takes battabox seriously though?

• nene

May 3, 2013 at 6:46 pm

true. most of the smelly people i’ve also met are slim, both men and women.

• Lucy

May 4, 2013 at 4:04 am

Thought I was the only one that noticed the false statistics

21. nnenne

May 3, 2013 at 3:47 pm

the interviewer just put me off, didn’t bother to complete the video. pls BN readers, can a size 12 be referred to as fat?

22. Bliss

May 3, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Hahaha.. Whatever this presenter is smoking, she should keep smoking it cos its working for her. Utter hilarity.

23. Cynthia

May 3, 2013 at 3:49 pm

LWKMD, every man with his own spec……….. Oooooo.me I love that I’m proportioned, not skinny nor fat.

24. eniola folarin

May 3, 2013 at 3:54 pm

The host is so charismatic and giggly 🙂

• Knut

May 4, 2013 at 1:30 am

I agree! I really like her. She’s quite comfortable in front of the camera. She’s herself, no airs. I hope she makes something big of herself.

25. Teni

May 3, 2013 at 4:03 pm

They need a better presenter.

26. JADE

May 3, 2013 at 4:27 pm

lol which area of ijebu ode did they fish that presenter out from? saying “oh u love slin people like me?”what is slin?? oh well, to each his own

27. Jane

May 3, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Bet almost all the guys said they love their women fleshy and the interviewer said another. #BiasedMuch

28. kemi

May 3, 2013 at 5:19 pm

this video made my morning…funny!

29. kemi

May 3, 2013 at 5:20 pm

a lot of guys love slim ladies, fat ladies are difficult in bed.lol and unattractive as well.

30. cece

May 3, 2013 at 6:01 pm

I know, it’s not meant to be taken seriously. But, I beg to differ. The belief that only fat girls smell is very inaccurate. I used to believe it, but I know fat, thick, big boned, curvy, whatever you want to call these women who clean themselves well. Anybody can smell, if you don’t know how to clean those intricate areas of your body well. Just like how people want to say, skinny means healthy. Hmmm, medical condition/diseases knows nobody. Anybody can be sick or suffer from one illness or the other.
    Yes, some women need to lose weight for different reasons especially women who are very big/huge on their upper body. It’s all about moderation, pushing skinny/bony is not the way to go either.

31. thisguyisafoollol...

May 3, 2013 at 6:14 pm

funny..and the presenter hian!!

32. nene

May 3, 2013 at 6:35 pm

i’ve realized that nigeria men now know the difference between curves, overweight, and fat. these days they don’t show the fat girls love. most nigerian men like normal size (genevieve nnaji) or slightly overweight and bodacious/voloptuous (mercy johnson pre-pregnancy) or a woman who has big boobs or a big ass (not both).

33. Tae

May 3, 2013 at 6:56 pm

Its mostly older men that like the bigger women, younger men generally like slim girls with curves and it is true that most short men like big women. The good part about life if that there will always be someone out there for each person. No one should be offended, its just a funny video that shows how diverse people are.

34. D

May 3, 2013 at 8:24 pm

It would have been better if the men looked good themselves. strongface.com

35. kay

May 3, 2013 at 8:42 pm

As humans we are all physical in nature. The beauty industry promotes being slim not as healthy but as sexy, attractive. But really having a healthy weight and body is very important. There are already a lot of diseases,why predispose yourself to even more by been obese or overweight?! One doesn’t have to be skinny to be healthy but one doesn’t have to be huge either. When someone that seems to be healthy suddenly dies or falls sick briefly and dies many of us think its juju or some sort of spiritual curse,maybe, but have seen quite a number of autopsies and what atherosclerosis leading to infarction in the heart ,brain ,the kidneys and other vital organs and diabetes has done to people because they were obese or living an unhealthy lifestyle. So while the video maybe be missing a vital point , its important to adjust ones lifestyle to a healthy one,and its not necessarily about going to the gym but majorly about what we eat ,how much we eat and how active we are!! You can avoid a lot of future problems just by making a few changes plus the added bonus of looking fit,energetic and sexy!!

36. Sallie Manson

May 4, 2013 at 1:53 am

It all has to do with hygiene! I know and can count a lot of “Slim Shadies” that exude terrible odour like decayed dead rat (no offence intended). If you take care of yourself properly…your know the rest! For the record, I’m a size 10

• chiko

May 5, 2013 at 8:46 am

d sad truth is many ppl in 9ja hv body odor. mouth odor ?lets nt evn go there.

37. Nok10

May 4, 2013 at 9:12 am

First of all Battabox needs to step up their game or stop releasing these videos. Whats with this presenter?? Is she high on something, all inappropriate, unprofessional and gigly, like seriously???

• dede

May 5, 2013 at 9:55 pm

I believe the interview was meant to be fun, not so serious. The interviewer did well.

• Uche

May 9, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Ummmm. The segment was not supposed to be serious for crying out loud. This isn’t CNN and she wasn’t talking about Jodi Arias.

38. Flo

May 4, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Nigerian men like “tangible” women shaa 🙂

39. fat ladies stop being greedy

May 5, 2013 at 6:27 pm

if you are fat in a hot country YO WILL MOST LIKELY SMELL!!

all you liers making stuff about knowing slim people who stink hahahah keep consoling yourselves

40. Gabby

May 6, 2013 at 7:56 am

We are all equal in Gods eyes, human beings like to complicate stuff SMH

41. Zero

May 10, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Very very stupid talk — u go surprise say most pple agreeing 2 dis silly notion are the ones who have size 30 relatives and co around them. Get real pple.