News

Glitz Africa Fashion Week 2013: Vonne Couture

Glitz Africa Fashion Week 2013 Vonne Couture - BellaNaija - November2013014Next up is Nigerian design label Vonne Couture owned by Creative Designer, Yvoone Nwosu.

I know you can spot some faces that are familiar. For this collection showcase we have Ghanaian celebrities, Sandra Ankobiah musician and Efya, South African Ex-BBA housemate Barbz and Zimbabwean TV personality Vimbai Mutinhiri.

Featuring pieces made with argyle style African print fabric and leather, the label presented a collection of dresses, cropped tops, jumpsuits, trousers, wrapped skirts and skirts at the Glitz Africa Fashion Week 2013.

Check out he collection below.

Glitz Africa Fashion Week 2013: Vonne Couture
Glitz Africa Fashion Week 2013 Vonne Couture - BellaNaija - November2013001 Glitz Africa Fashion Week 2013 Vonne Couture - BellaNaija - November2013002 Glitz Africa Fashion Week 2013 Vonne Couture - BellaNaija - November2013003 Glitz Africa Fashion Week 2013 Vonne Couture - BellaNaija - November2013004 Glitz Africa Fashion Week 2013 Vonne Couture - BellaNaija - November2013005 Glitz Africa Fashion Week 2013 Vonne Couture - BellaNaija - November2013006 Glitz Africa Fashion Week 2013 Vonne Couture - BellaNaija - November2013007 Glitz Africa Fashion Week 2013 Vonne Couture - BellaNaija - November2013008 Glitz Africa Fashion Week 2013 Vonne Couture - BellaNaija - November2013009 Glitz Africa Fashion Week 2013 Vonne Couture - BellaNaija - November2013010 Glitz Africa Fashion Week 2013 Vonne Couture - BellaNaija - November2013011 Glitz Africa Fashion Week 2013 Vonne Couture - BellaNaija - November2013012 Glitz Africa Fashion Week 2013 Vonne Couture - BellaNaija - November2013013 Glitz Africa Fashion Week 2013 Vonne Couture - BellaNaija - November2013015 Glitz Africa Fashion Week 2013 Vonne Couture - BellaNaija - November2013016 Glitz Africa Fashion Week 2013 Vonne Couture - BellaNaija - November2013017 Glitz Africa Fashion Week 2013 Vonne Couture - BellaNaija - November2013018

BellaNaija Style has been your hot source for all the recent fashion weeks in Lagos. We brought you Ghana Fashion and Design WeekGTBank Lagos Fashion and Design Week and Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Africa in South Africa, so count on us for all the FAB street style and runway photos from this event.

Photo Credit: Paul Ukonu Photography

1. uche

November 12, 2013 at 8:38 pm

Hmmmmm. I love her so much. But not feeling this collection at all. Just there # my opinion #

• Anon

November 12, 2013 at 10:51 pm

I agree.

2. og

November 12, 2013 at 9:19 pm

@uche ur spot on.im kinda disappointed.no homo

3. Great Portland Street

November 12, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Hmmmmmm

4. Name

November 12, 2013 at 10:40 pm

noooo, this is hogwash. Just take a look at that final pic, the model in red. vonne i love you but this is a haute mess

5. Visii

November 12, 2013 at 10:53 pm

I see her being very playful with this collection .. Love
    it

6. Callistus agbasielo

November 13, 2013 at 6:58 am

This collection look too local to me, especially, the fourth,fifth, and third to the last photo

7. Zini

November 13, 2013 at 9:52 am

Lets call a spade a spade (and not a hoe), this is terrible. When people are over-hyped for no justifiable reason this is what you get. The finishing on the seams is so bad, any local tailor will do much better. What is vonnes style exactly? Is she high fashion haute couture or casual ankara grundge? The models do not even do justice to the outfits, why do we keep having fashion week every fothnight without improving our craft? I wish BN can do a feature on tanzania’s show with millen magese, I saw some pics on instagram and I was in awe. The creativity was beyond. Nigerian designers have a lot of work to do, they need to retrace their steps and figure out why they went into fashion in the first place. Such lack lustre collections should be discouraged in totality, otherwise they will never grow.

Emmy collins will have a field day with this

8. tbn

November 13, 2013 at 11:45 am

I am disappointed in this collection, i agree that its a hot mess! I personally think its very tacky and shows cheapness when a designer uses the same fabric to make several designs. I mean, she wore the same jumpsuit in that same fabric about 5 months ago and now she presents it as a new collection. I thought designers should use the fashion week as a platform to showcase new collections of theirs which they just made and not old ones which they’ve been wearing since. I agree with you totally Zini, some designers should sit back and really analyse their reasons for going into fashion in the first place.

9. Vee

November 13, 2013 at 12:16 pm

I’m not really a fan of Yvonne, I think she comes across as someone who thinks they are ‘allll that’…which is gd for her. Anywayss, as much as these outfits lack the fabulosity we have seen from her past designs, I get it. I think she’s trying new things and I dont think theres anything wrong with taking risks sha, thats how we learn and get better and better.

10. mental

November 13, 2013 at 3:00 pm

But me i like it o abi is it bcos there is no shine shinne on the ankara?

11. babiousblog

November 13, 2013 at 4:04 pm

Epic fail. The colours,designs ,all wrong!

12. Naomi

November 13, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Looks so cheap…not working 4me @all!

13. Chi

November 14, 2013 at 10:56 am

Huh? Is this a joke?

14. Vanessa

November 20, 2013 at 10:51 pm

What the hell is this this girl needs to go and learn more
    all noise noting to show for it

15. Vanessa

November 20, 2013 at 10:52 pm

Sack wack wack wack wack