News

BN Bridal: Lolia Collection by Love, Tims from I Do Weddings

Love, Tims by I Do Weddings - Loila Collection, BellaNaija Weddings 7

Fun, sparkly and exquisite.

It’s time for BN Bridal.

Today we’re featuring the 3rd collection from Love, Tims – a Nigerian bridal label that started last year. Timi Ejiwunmi is the designer of the brand has quickly established herself as a BN Bride and celebrity bride favourite including Annie Idibia and Bolatito – Mrs. Bez Idakula.

See the previous collections here and here.

Here what she has to say about her 7 dress special occasion and reception collection –

The Lolia Collection is for brides with an inner diva. Lolia meaning “beautiful star” in Kalabari, Rivers State and is inspired by a dear friend Josephine Diri.

Some of the dresses come in different colours, be sure to contact the designer (info below) for more details.

Enjoy, and as always, be inspired!Love, Tims by I Do Weddings - Loila Collection, BellaNaija Weddings 9Love, Tims by I Do Weddings - Loila Collection, BellaNaija Weddings 16 Love, Tims by I Do Weddings - Loila Collection, BellaNaija Weddings 1Love, Tims by I Do Weddings - Loila Collection, BellaNaija Weddings 15 Love, Tims by I Do Weddings - Loila Collection, BellaNaija Weddings 0 Love, Tims by I Do Weddings - Loila Collection, BellaNaija Weddings 28Love, Tims by I Do Weddings - Loila Collection, BellaNaija Weddings 11 Love, Tims by I Do Weddings - Loila Collection, BellaNaija Weddings 3 Love, Tims by I Do Weddings - Loila Collection, BellaNaija Weddings 25 Love, Tims by I Do Weddings - Loila Collection, BellaNaija Weddings 13 Love, Tims by I Do Weddings - Loila Collection, BellaNaija Weddings 14 Love, Tims by I Do Weddings - Loila Collection, BellaNaija Weddings 18 Love, Tims by I Do Weddings - Loila Collection, BellaNaija Weddings 6 Love, Tims by I Do Weddings - Loila Collection, BellaNaija Weddings 20 Love, Tims by I Do Weddings - Loila Collection, BellaNaija Weddings 24 Love, Tims by I Do Weddings - Loila Collection, BellaNaija Weddings 2 Love, Tims by I Do Weddings - Loila Collection, BellaNaija Weddings 4 Love, Tims by I Do Weddings - Loila Collection, BellaNaija Weddings 26 Love, Tims by I Do Weddings - Loila Collection, BellaNaija Weddings 8 Love, Tims by I Do Weddings - Loila Collection, BellaNaija Weddings 27 Love, Tims by I Do Weddings - Loila Collection, BellaNaija Weddings 17 Love, Tims by I Do Weddings - Loila Collection, BellaNaija Weddings 5 Love, Tims by I Do Weddings - Loila Collection, BellaNaija Weddings 12 Love, Tims by I Do Weddings - Loila Collection, BellaNaija Weddings 19 Love, Tims by I Do Weddings - Loila Collection, BellaNaija Weddings 21

Contact I Do Weddings!
Email: info (at) idoweddingsng.com
Website: www.idoweddingsng.com
Instagram: @idoweddingsng

Photographer: Jide Alakija for Alakija Studios | Instagram: @alakijastudios
Model: Uju Tracey
Makeup: ShoMya | Instagram: @shomya_lag

We love weddings as much as you do – get in touch for inquiries, inspiration & more!

E-mail: weddings (at) bellanaija.com | E-mail for #AsoEbiBella: asoebibella (at) gmail.com

Instagram: BellaNaijaWeddings  | Instagram for #AsoEbiBella: AsoEbiBella
Twitter: BellaNaijaWed
Pinterest: BellaNaijaWed

1. 5'5

January 15, 2014 at 9:25 am

i like!

2. chisom

January 15, 2014 at 9:27 am

oh my!

3. Labasket

January 15, 2014 at 9:35 am

Lovely

4. yostic

January 15, 2014 at 9:39 am

I don’t understand why Nigerian designers like April by Kunbi and the likes can’t present their work like this. Timi is not even a designer, but she is doing this whole bridal wear thing so well. Putting the so called Nigerian “Fashion Designers” to shame. Marketing and packaging is everything. Loving the dresses. Well Done IDW

5. CHIKA

January 15, 2014 at 9:40 am

OMG!!!!! Naija is beautiful and talented oo!!!!!

6. Ibinabo

January 15, 2014 at 9:50 am

Well-done Timi.. “Lolia” indeed

7. Mariaah

January 15, 2014 at 9:54 am

Love!! Love!!! Love!!!! They are all beautiful and she does love this model (who does a great job modelling the dresses BTW).. 🙂

8. Chu-Chu

January 15, 2014 at 9:58 am

awesomenessssss

9. Troll

January 15, 2014 at 9:59 am

Bleh! they all look ridiculously cheap, what’s with all the shine shine…like WTF!
    I won’t be caught dead in any of them.

• yostic

January 15, 2014 at 10:30 am

And out come the haters!

• Non professional opinion

January 15, 2014 at 10:52 am

Add my voice to the hate. I’m STUNNED that people are saying they like these cheap Chinese dresses. Tacky.

• Nonye

January 15, 2014 at 11:21 am

@Troll, And what is wrong with shine shine nitori Olohun! It is called sequins by way. IMO, one man’s meat is another mans posion. Those that know how to rock it will buy.
      @Non professional opinion, the fact that it is from China doesnt mean it is cheap o! Maybe you should ask for the price first. The phone or computer that you are using to browse, abeg where is it from? By the way, I dont even know the owner. #Justsaying

• Non professional opinion

January 15, 2014 at 11:45 am

I don’t think it’s cheap because it’s made in china. I think it’s cheap because it’s made in china from cheap fabrics and the manufacturer who produced it sold it cheaply. The price love time sells for is between her and her gullible customer. Business na business. As you said one mans meat is another’s poison. I don’t appreciate this type of “fashion” but clearly you do so feel free to purchase and enjoy.

• yostic

January 15, 2014 at 11:44 am

Madam Non Professional Opinion. You and Timi were on the same flight to China abi? Or were you there at the immigration checkpoint when they frisked her luggage? If the Armarni name was on the same clothes, you are the same people that will be hyping it.

Ehen, so what if it is China….aren’t most western items produced in China? *shio*

• Non professional opinion

January 15, 2014 at 12:10 pm

Ok, so that the LoveTims Stan’s can breathe themselves back to life, these dresses were NOT made in china, where my iPad and several of the designer items I own come from. (Big up to Chinese manufacturers of quality goods). These dresses were obviously made at the Dior atelier in Paris , however the resulting garments look like CHEAP dresses that cost $89 from a Chinese wholesaler on alibaba. Or maybe the fault lies with my Chinese iPad for not showing the polyester backings, mismatched pearls and plastic stones for the couture marvels they obviously are.

• Jane Public

January 15, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Haba Non professional opinion, the blush pink gowns are not bad now. The sheer material actually makes up for the *cough* *cough*. I think for that illusion low back pink dress the beading was just too much for such an ephemeral dress, it made it look cheap and tacky, but the front is lovely. For the other blush pink dress, she tamed the embellishment down and let the dress speak for itself. As for the rest of the shine shine babims. You know we like shiny things, we always like to appear looking brighter than our futures. You can’t blame Tims for giving the people what they want.

• jummai

January 15, 2014 at 11:50 am

Thank You was goin to call it Shine shine bobo.

10. Lolly

January 15, 2014 at 10:16 am

love love love!!!

11. GREAT

January 15, 2014 at 10:20 am

i love..

12. Berry Dakara

January 15, 2014 at 10:27 am

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, well done Timi!

BUT dear BN, as a proud Rivers girl, I have to mention that Rivers State has over 25 tribes and languages, so saying “Lolia means “beautiful star” in Rivers” is akin to saying “Bia means “Come” in Nigeria.” I actually cringed when I saw that bit.

I’m just saying 🙂

berrydakara.blogspot.com

13. CANNIME

January 15, 2014 at 10:52 am

Oh wow!! Super gorgeous dresses! I love the turquoise one! The model did those dresses justice!
    Good work!

14. Hurperyearmie

January 15, 2014 at 11:01 am

beautiful

15. Theresa

January 15, 2014 at 11:23 am

Lovely! Well done to the designers!

16. lucy tracy

January 15, 2014 at 11:45 am

GORGEOUS!!!

17. uju

January 15, 2014 at 12:55 pm

awwwwww Timi is at it again…love love…

18. Inspired by Africa

January 15, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Perhaps because of the Hollywood awards season that has arrived in full force or just because I have way to much time on my hands, I can totally see myself wearing the first pink dress with the train (though with smaller stones and perhaps a tamer neckline) to content for an award. Possibly a best actress, best female artist, best newcomer….
    Ofcourse that daydream depends on me having some kind of creative talent.
    Lol 🙂

19. Inspired by Africa

January 15, 2014 at 1:21 pm

#contend

20. Amh

January 15, 2014 at 1:56 pm

The cloths are from alibaba or aliexpress. Very cheap fabric and tailoring.

21. Oluwaseyi

January 15, 2014 at 2:05 pm

I absolutely looooovvveeee the 2nd one…..muaahhhh!!!

22. uju

January 15, 2014 at 2:09 pm

mehnnn i can soo rock the teal coloured dress as 2nd outfit at my wedding….Timi i see you oo

23. Non professional opinion

January 15, 2014 at 2:10 pm

@janepublic It’s not all bad, I like the turquoise the best as it appears to have the least synthetic fibers and the beading is less in your face, even though I prefer the hand work you see from designers like iconic invanity and eredappa to machine beading and appliqués. It’s just a personal preference. From the business side, she is clearly a sharper babe, why stress your self with tailors in Nigeria when you can go to Dubai or guangzhou and pick this colour, that trim, your label and offer naija babes the chandelier dresses they clearly adore. Mine is a minority opinion but it’s my opinion and I’m not changing it.

• Jane Public

January 15, 2014 at 2:39 pm

Well, same analogy can be applied to Apple jare. The day I found out how much it costs to make their device, I wanted to swear in Igbo. I still carried my leg to the same Apple store to buy a Mac this year. If her customers can’t discern that they are being sold gbajue, the joke is on them. Girl, did you just mention Iconic Invanity, I will stalk that woman if I can

• Non professional opinion

January 15, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t have a problem with the price.she can charge what she likes and make 5% or 50000000% profit, if her customer is happy, that is what is important. I have nothing against sequin dresses. Rukymama Indimi’s second dress is an example of a gorgeous blinged-out dress, I just hate cheap generic bead work.

24. Ninja chic

January 15, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Lovely designs but the finishing leaves little to be desired. The dresses are okay if they’re being marketed as prom dresses or the type of stuff you can get on the high street. However, if this is meant to be high fashion, then she has to pay a lot more attention to detail as imperfections and fabric quality will be more glaring in 3D. I must commend her effort though as, whereever these dresses were made, a lot of thought and talent has obviously gone into the designs and concepts. Nice work.

25. NaijaPikin

January 15, 2014 at 3:57 pm

was she the one that did Lola Omotayos last dress for her traditional?

I agree with some that have said the dresses look cheap. But then again i’m one of those that subscribe to “less is more”. These dresses are very similar to dresses sold on lightinthebox.com/ Which is a site that makes cheaper imitation dresses.

I think i would appreciate a version done in another fabric. All the same, big ups to this ladies hustle, and lets not forget a lot of naija girls like shine shine so this might be a very profitable collection

26. amarachi

January 15, 2014 at 4:19 pm

wow luvly

27. nollare

January 15, 2014 at 4:48 pm

I dont think they look cheap sha. Her first collection of wedding dresses looked cheap and tacky but this one here looks good to me. I will totally rock them as second dresses. I see she has really improved though. I like all of them. I like the sequins because I think the bride should always stand out(unlike that aso ebi sequins crap outshining the bride). I dont see anything cheap about this collection . It looks neat to me and I dont think they are made in china

28. ola

January 15, 2014 at 6:38 pm

ermmmm madam non professional opinion …. has it occurred to you that your highness might not be her target market… take you royal ass to ellie saab and lets see if you can even afford a ribbon there. well done idw ….. may you continue to grow and prosper

29. Miss Mo

January 15, 2014 at 6:54 pm

Wow I totally adore these. What creativity. This designer defines talent & a good eye. Bliss…

30. LamLam

January 15, 2014 at 7:09 pm

I tink i jst found my oda dress 4my wedding reception ♥ dis dresses re jst so gorgeous ♥♥♥

• Dora the explorer

January 15, 2014 at 7:41 pm

When is yo wedding Lamlam??! hehe I c you..

31. buky

January 15, 2014 at 7:28 pm

i love love love the first pink dress and and mehn maybe i should just get married now so i can select a wedding dress here and second dress for the reception too, muah

32. Me

January 15, 2014 at 7:54 pm

Love Shomya makeup! She rocks

33. Modella

January 15, 2014 at 9:10 pm

Pretty model,but too much bling bling…look cheap truly!

34. girl

January 15, 2014 at 9:18 pm

wow the model is really beautiful!!!!!! and the gowns are beyond gorg

35. TY

January 15, 2014 at 9:33 pm

The model is absoutely gorg and the dresses are stunning. would wear theem.

36. Yours Truly

January 16, 2014 at 2:48 am

Wow, some people are unbelievably talented. All the dresses are beautiful especially the pink one with the bow at the back. I’m not really a girly girl, but, I don’t mind the pink one at all

yourstrulyblogposts.blogspot.co.uk

37. wowww! I hope it doesnt take forever to get one of these. Anybody know how long it takes?

38. No name

January 17, 2014 at 9:21 am

@Non professsional, if you think these dresses looks tacky, then I must ask what would wear for red carpets, wedding receptions, or a strictly all dressed cocktail party… So you know alibaba, how did you get to know alibaba… I guess by ordering from China… I beg learn to appreciatand not criticise. That’s a best way to enjoy life.

39. Dora the explorer

January 17, 2014 at 12:30 pm

Aliexpress has gone global!! my predictions..!!!

40. BrokeInFlo

January 17, 2014 at 10:13 pm

I like the pink dresses esp the 2nd to the last and the green and white ones. I wonder if they make them knee length as well and not only flowing gowns?? To those who are attacking the designs as made in china, ehn, produce the money first to buy these ones on show. Nonsense. If they bring valentino or cavalli or mccartney now, all of una go dey begin shower praise onthe designs even if they are not all that. And you cannot even dream of being able to afford them not to talk of these china made ones! Lets copy the chinese, after all they copied western styles to get where they are.

41. Hello

January 18, 2014 at 9:24 am

I’m sorry but these dresses…jdsfnfjsdnfj. I couldn’t even
    pick one. I feel ike using F and S words because I can’t even
    describe the yumminess I see. Gosh, beautiful, clean finish, great
    designs. I’m in love…

42. Ada-umuahia

January 20, 2014 at 8:46 pm

Point is , there is talent in nigeria! All you “to know” brides buy you expensive fabrics and take to her!

43. funmi

January 26, 2014 at 8:45 pm

Me love it

44. Alexis

February 4, 2014 at 9:50 am

We should be slow to criticize and quick to appreciate. All the people here saying such negative things about the dresses, would you do better if you were Tims? If yes, I would love to see what you come up with and read the comments your designs would garner.
    Appreciate the effort, creativity, time and money that has gone into making these beautiful dresses and if you can’t, kindly view and reserve your comments for your fellow haters. Tims might not fully be there yet but she sure is on her way. Can you say as much about yourselves?
    Beautiful pieces Tims, it can only get better

45. gucci

April 2, 2014 at 11:34 pm

@Berry dakara, they mentioned kalabari,not d entire rivers state. Nice dresses by d way. I’d rick dem ova and ova if I have to. Haters can burn..keep up d gud work.