Music

New Video: Victoria Kimani Feat. Prezzo & AY – Woah

Deji S

Victoria Kimani - BellaNaija - February - 2014

Chocolate City‘s Victoria Kimani has released the self-directed video to the East African remix of “Woah”, which was a track on her “Queen Victoria” mixtape ,featuring Prezzo and AY.

The video also features MTV Shuga actor, Emmanuel Ikubese, who plays the role of her rich lover.

Enjoy!

1. amaa

February 21, 2014 at 1:46 pm

I love her voice there is no auto tune thankfully. lyrically weak (so is 90 percent of Naija music) I wish she can be packaged better. but generally a nice song

2. Tamar

February 21, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Lover boy, you no go form ninja again?

3. SOLO ACT

February 21, 2014 at 9:59 pm

better than lola rae

4. Anon

February 24, 2014 at 1:53 pm

You go girl! Love it. Repping for East Africa! 😉

5. Tosin

March 3, 2014 at 9:28 am

I like Victoria Kimani and am really rooting for her musical career. I love Chocolate City too, and am really feeling their choice of Victoria Kimani. She has star quality like Whoa!

That said, I did not feel this music or the video. To steal the words of Roger Ebert back almost ten years ago when he was trying to yap one fantastic four movie, (roughly) he said the best thing about this film would have been the beautiful Jessica Alba but they made her invisible – that was her superpower.

So while I didn’t really pay attention to the music, story, concept, anything, I kept trying to see VK, but when the video wasn’t too dark, they cut her off at the thighs or the waist or even above. Kai. And I’m not even a dude.

Action plan: more visuals – think Beyonce visual album, think Goldie RIP flamboyance, think superhero Baddo street tie-in. Think VK in bright lights as you do the cabaret. Already got the tiara, the Africa, the street-groundedness, so, right direction. As a feminist, I challenge you to do this without debasing a beautiful black woman tho 🙂 Think more Queen Unattainable than sluttified. Good luck.

PS She is a director on the video. Cooool!

6. Miss B