News

Nyanya-Abuja Bombing Linked to International Terrorist ‘White Widow’

White Widow Bella Naija

It has been over 48 hours since the Nyanya-Abuja bombing which claimed about 71 lives, and left over 120 people injured (If you missed this story click here).

Although no one has officially claimed responsibility for the attack, security authorities suspect that British International Terrorist, ‘White Widow,’ real name, Samantha Lewthwaite, may be responsible for masterminding the attacks, Daily Star reports.

Lewthaite’s mentor, Al-Shabaab terrorist leader, Makaburi, was reportedly assassinated by UK and US funded Kenyan Anti-Terror Police Unit, ATPU. Ever since the assassination, the White Widow has allegedly been seeking revenge. Authorities think this revenge may have been carried out through the Nyanya bombing.

It is alleged that Lewthaite who is the daughter of a British soldier,  may be in Nigeria, Somalia, or Kenya where Islamist terrorist networks are closely interwoven.

Her nickname, ‘White Widow,’ was given after her husband, Germaine Lindsay, bombed a London train on July 7th, 2005, killing 56 people (including himself) and injuring over 700.

She is on Interpol’s Most Wanted list, in connection with several murders as well as the invasion of the Westgate shopping mall in Nairobi, Kenya in September last year which left over 60 dead and 200 injured.

She has been on the run since January 2012, and was allegedly caught at a checkpoint in Nigeria six months ago, but bribed her way to freedom.

Photo Credit: Dailymail.co.uk/Rex

1. Swiss

April 16, 2014 at 11:26 am

That photo is so eerie…. Dead in the eyes!! I had chills looking at it.

2. Abike

April 16, 2014 at 11:27 am

Omg the last sentence just left me speechless. Which way Nigeria? ?

• Bleed Blue

April 16, 2014 at 11:38 am

I know right? “…but bribed her way to freedom”…Typical.

• Warri Babe

April 16, 2014 at 1:04 pm

Me too….I just open mouth dey look my screen, and this picture is even ‘better’ than the ones I’ve seen..her eyes looked scarier and more deadly!

3. SMH

April 16, 2014 at 11:28 am

I don’t know what is more shameful. The incident or the fact that a foreigner is telling some fools to kill themselves. No white person will ever listen to advice from a black person to kill white people. You will find yasef in a straight jacket. Oooh, the daft ness of my people.

4. MOM

April 16, 2014 at 11:45 am

mhh did i hear bribe her way out mtchewww dat says it all.

5. silvabubbles

April 16, 2014 at 11:54 am

Wow! “she bribed her way through ke”?…… besides is d fact that the uk are our colonial masters or Wat? cos i’m not sure i understand how we are connected directly, if not indirectly to the assassination of her mentor…..well this is not confirmed news so i will leave it at that…..God help us sha

6. Tee

April 16, 2014 at 11:56 am

Nah, this is painful

7. Eve

April 16, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Please the security should do a better job find out what’s going on in Nigeria and stop looking for an easy was out. Am not surprised at the “bribed her way to freedom” part. Our security system is weak. When u compare the force men abroad and those here u see how unfit they are physically let alone mentally. All fat and shapeless or slim and malnourished. What do we expect. Smh.

8. Babytohcute

April 16, 2014 at 12:15 pm

We are still apportioning blame(s) at this time. Haha! Btw, why release a statement that is not confirmed. This situation has gone beyond prayers or critical thinking, a miracle is needed.

9. Tempi Tope Adebayo

April 16, 2014 at 12:17 pm

I do hoe they have caught the people she bribed at the airport to buy her freedom. I am very gobsmacked by this. Na wawoh!!! Wonders shall never end..

10. misstee

April 16, 2014 at 12:20 pm

she bribed her way through. which way Naija!!if this story is true then we need remedy .

11. myself

April 16, 2014 at 1:22 pm

serious issue! how can they mke such a statement? she bribed her way thru? How does it sound to em? i wonder hmmm! LORD save our souls from the hands of this desperate wicked souls we live among. Terrible government who show no concern 4 human lives at all. mshew

12. Omo1

April 16, 2014 at 2:29 pm

Someone in Interpol’s most wanted list “bribed her way through freedom”..in Nigeria..Bella Naija, I hope there is authenticity in this report

• Iris

April 16, 2014 at 3:41 pm

Actually, after the attack in Nairobi I remember the international media saying there were reports that she was hiding in Nigeria. I remember thinking it was ridiculous…and in retrospect I don’t know why I thought so. I should know by now that anything is possible in this country.

13. Daniel Odinaka

April 16, 2014 at 2:46 pm

I have always said Nigeria’s problem ain’t terrorism but corruption.

14. Evans

April 16, 2014 at 3:01 pm

I am surprised you guys didnt hear about her escape from Nigeria, it made news when it happened na. The story is very authentic but i doubt she is behind the Nyanya bomb blast. Why would she wanna do that?

15. Bennie Errick

April 16, 2014 at 4:07 pm

This is so scary but not beyond God!

16. mee

April 16, 2014 at 5:36 pm

I do not believe this one bit. Why? because what does Nigeria have to do with this woman’s anger. There is obviously no motive. This is another way to put blame on something absurd.

17. jak

April 16, 2014 at 7:48 pm

I don’t know what to believe than to look up to God for divine intervention

18. Udoka

April 16, 2014 at 8:58 pm

Wait. Wasn’t her husband assassinated by KENYAN militia? Why is she seeking revenge in Nigeria? African is not one nation. She should get her map reading skills right

19. prim

April 18, 2014 at 6:58 am

Only in Africa will an oyinbo be parading around without passport and nobody has caught her. How many white people do we have in those harems in the north that she cannot be fished out? We are our own saboteurs!! We are probably busy kissing her white feet and yes maaming her because she is white.

20. atone

April 20, 2014 at 9:56 pm

My guess on this is, if Shes involved in this bombing. . Shes disgusted about how
    Corrupt this country is. If only they didn’t collect bribe, this would hv made us
    Look good after so much bad press. The blood of those victim are in the hands
    Of those that could hv prevented this but didnt