Features

Can You Tell What’s Wrong With this Photo?

Oprah or Not Oprah - August 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01
This photo and caption posted by a mum on Instagram has gone viral.

Can you tell what is wrong with it?

It’s times like this, we recall why Samuel L. Jackson lashed out at a reporter on national television, saying “We do not all look alike.” Samuel was called Laurence Fishburne.

When the photo started to circulate online, with some accusing the mum of thinking all black people look the same, she defended the post;

Victoria Hansen - August 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01

(Reply edited, original can be seen above)

“OK so everyone has to know the story real quick before judging. My son is one of THE most amazing men you will meet. I was not on this flight. My son has been flying coastal for years by himself. He called me all excited from his layover saying he just met Oprah.

I was skeptical but he told me the story this lady told him. Of course even though I didn’t think it looked like her I was like why would a pilot and flight staff lie to a young kid? I quickly took the photo down once I realized they had pulled a fast one on him and I’m quite sure it was all in jest and did not mean to cause harm, however I do think it’s not okay to impersonate someone and tell them you are doing an article for O mag and that they could come up front to take a pick with you. smh.

We just laugh it off now as it was an honest mistake imposed on him by someone who thought it funny to prank a kid.”

1. Anon

August 28, 2014 at 2:17 pm

That’s not Oprah!

2. Author Unknown

August 28, 2014 at 2:20 pm

LOL. First of all BN, there’s nothing wrong with the photo, just the original caption :). And what’s the mother talking about? The woman in the photo DOES look like Oprah.

• Anonymous

August 28, 2014 at 9:10 pm

I am absolutely behind you on this… The woman in the photo does look like Oprah. You really have to study the photo to know that is isn’t 😛

3. biols

August 28, 2014 at 2:33 pm

yawns………… make dem go sleep

4. ATL's finest

August 28, 2014 at 2:41 pm

She sure do look like Oprah, but she’s not 🙂 Oprah doesn’t have a broken side teeth & Oprah look bigger than her!!! Ok Prank, punk’d days are OVER

5. sum1special

August 28, 2014 at 2:48 pm

That is so not Oprah but there is a striking resemblance there.

6. Mama mia

August 28, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Ehn, there goes the race card again. She honestly does look like Oprah. I probably would have fallen for it as well… black or white…

7. Uche

August 28, 2014 at 3:55 pm

it would be really nice if we could read, understand before commenting thou…… Some comments sha!!!!

• Trina

August 28, 2014 at 5:24 pm

Honestly Uche. Please plead with these people. Please plead with them!

8. Ephi

August 28, 2014 at 4:06 pm

To be honest, the reverse case happens. After a particularly embarrassing experience, I have learnt to look very very closely or just keep mum if I meet someone with a familiar face and I’m not 100% sure.

9. Cherelle

August 28, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Lolest….. sh..iiit happens people! I had fallen victim of this mess! I thought I had taken photo with USHER Raymond! *Yimu*

10. Onye

August 28, 2014 at 11:02 pm

Her herself, could not look at the photo and know that it wasn’t Oprah. Kai! Der is God o!

11. monalisa

August 29, 2014 at 12:58 am

She does look like Oprah tho..without d studio makeup n hair..i wud av fallen for it as well..lol nobody shud blame d mum

12. oeejay

August 29, 2014 at 8:38 am

All races look alike to other race. This has been proven over and over again, has it not happened to you? You will be watching Chineses film and you will be wondering; how they tell themself apart from eachother, even some american films especially series, I get to season two before i can tell them apart sometimes. And how many times would we see a japaneses and say he’s chinese. There is nothing wrong he’s white and he will always see all blacks as the same, same for blacks. it just another celebrity look alike on wendy show

13. Jennifer

August 29, 2014 at 9:28 am

Noooo, she works with United Airlines and I’ve seen her before on a flight from DC to Ghana.