News

Naomi Campbell calls Malala “Malaria” & Congratulates her on “Noble” Prize on Twitter

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Supermodel Naomi Campbell is famous for killing it on the runway with her banging body and effortless charisma on the runway and in magazines.

However, Campbell has now become infamous for her terrible spelling skills. She caused quite a stir over the weekend when she misspelled Pakistani child education activist’s name, Malala Yousafzai when congratulating her for winning the Nobel peace prize.

Spelling Malala “Malaria” and Nobel “Noble,” she tweeted:

Naomi faux pasFollowing the backlash, it appears that she deleted the tweet, as it can no longer be seen on her Twitter profile. However, reputable news sources like Daily Mail and The Independent  were able to get a screenshot of the tweet.

After deleting the tweet, she then posted another tribute on her Instagram page:

Naomi Campbell BellaNaija

***

Could the misspelled words in the tweet have been as a result of an auto-correct phone error? Or does Ms. Campbell really not know how to spell? What do you think?

Photo Credit: Anton Oparin/Dreamstime.com

1. TANTRA

October 13, 2014 at 12:21 pm

I think you know what I think.

2. creamy

October 13, 2014 at 12:28 pm

erm it might not be miss Campbell’s fault, we all know how “smart” phones are now, her phone probably did an auto correct on Mala’s name and she did not notice before the post went up.

3. itsAJ

October 13, 2014 at 12:33 pm

hahahahahaha, sorry can’t help myself.

4. Madikyzela

October 13, 2014 at 12:47 pm

Talk of just being blonde…….hehehh sorry Ms. Campbell but how do u call sam1 “Malaria”??? Does she look that sick to you???

5. Queen of Everything

October 13, 2014 at 12:47 pm

I guess combo of auto-correct (Malaria) and spelling error (noble)?

At least she’s up to date on current affairs lol, she’s not world famous for her brains, is she now?

6. Amiee

October 13, 2014 at 12:58 pm

I saw this tweet on Saturday. I dint think much of it until someone I was following re-tweeted it with ” Thank you Malaria for winning awards instead of inflicting us with sickness and pain”. I just bursted out laughing like a mad woman.

7. corolla

October 13, 2014 at 1:00 pm

This world sef. We just like to sensationalise everything. Naomi had good intentions by congratulating the girl. It was probably auto corrrct issues.

8. di

October 13, 2014 at 1:03 pm

hey it wasnt just naomi campbell…lots of pple didnt notice when malala changed to malaria and just posted their tweets…i saw quite a number…still funny tho…auto correct can be annoying stimes

9. Noksis

October 13, 2014 at 1:14 pm

Auto correct things. Sorry Campbell. Please double check before posting

10. Beverly

October 13, 2014 at 1:17 pm

Hehehehe,dat was funny but I dn’t think she misspelt it on purpose or didn’t know how.Me think it was d auto correct handwork.It happens 2 us all.

11. IsThatWhyWeAreHere?

October 13, 2014 at 1:23 pm

It could have been auto-correct…
    It could have been a mistake…
    Either ways she’s only human…jeez!!!

12. chi-e-z

October 13, 2014 at 1:34 pm

OMG MALALA won the NOBEL PEACE PRIZE!!! YEA SHE’S SO DESERVING!!!!That girl just makes me smile everytime I hear her talks. geez I hate auto correct if you see the bagauns I was just about to comment now.(changed girl to firl and hear to here) annoying thing.

13. ngozi

October 13, 2014 at 1:49 pm

LOL… I saw this on her instagram page last week.. i was laughing so hard.. i don’t know if she has noticed this.. lol.. sure it was a mistake

14. Fre

October 13, 2014 at 2:04 pm

AUTOCORRECT

15. Iris

October 13, 2014 at 2:24 pm

I would have said it was auto-correct…but the fact that she’s planning an ebola benefit to hold in four months makes me wonder about what she really knows about world affairs, especially after that scandal with Charles Taylor. Maybe she also thinks ebola is a disease from the future.

16. Neha S

October 19, 2014 at 10:08 am

An excellent book by an extraordinarily courageous girl, Malala. At such an young age, when other girls are busy playing and studying, Malala took up the cause of raising her voice for girls education in Pakistan at a time when their country was being threatened by radically violent Talibans. This book not only gives one thd insight into the difficult conditions under which the girls of Swat continued their quest for knowledge, but also tels msny things regarding the social and political conditions in one of the most unstable democracies of the world. After reading this book two things come to my mind – one, that this girl and her parents are made of different rock altogether and second, I am fortunate enough to live in this part of the world. A must read for everyone.