News

Rivers State Woman Kills Lover She Met on Badoo Over “Unfulfilled Promises”

loretta-odikagbo-ime-francis

Loretta Odikagbo

A romantic affair turned tragic after a woman from Rivers State reportedly killed her lover she met on Badoo, a social networking platform.

The woman, Loretta Odikagbo, 26, a student of Rivers State Polytechnic, met the victim, Charles Bankole Orisanya in 2014 and after a few months of online dating, they began to see each other physically, Tribune reports.

Orisanya worked with Halliburton in Rivers State prior to his death, and had reportedly promised to spoil Odikagbo with lots of money. However, she became unhappy during the course of their relationship, as Orisanya was not disbursing as much money as promised.

“When I met him, it was all promises upon promises. Along the line, the sex was going on and the money was not coming. He would give me N10,000, N15,000 but that was not what I expected from him. Also when we first met, to me, he was a single man but along the line, I discovered he was married.

We talked about it but he didn’t want the affair to end. He said that it would not be a problem and he could handle it. But I only continued with him because I was waiting for the promises to be fulfilled. I was not interested in marriage to him.  We had a bit of misunderstanding concerning money and our relationship. I asked my friend who is also my in-law to help me so that I could get the money forcefully from Bankole,” she said.

On one night, when Orisanya invited her to his home, she also sneaked in two men, who would help carry out her plan to forcefully obtain the money.

Odikagbo, along with her two accomplices, are said to have attacked Orisanya shortly after he woke up from sleep. They then reportedly forced him to reveal his ATM pin number and afterwards, they tied him up with a rope and masking tape. She is said to have covered her lover’s his head with a polythene bag after taping his mouth, and subsequently sat on his head.

Afterwards, they stole his phone, laptop, and other belongings, then proceeded to visit the ATM and withdrew N120,000.

Odikagbo has denied knowledge of his death. She told police “I didn’t have the intention of dating him anymore; I just wanted to move on. I only knew about Bankole’s death when I was arrested.”

Photo Credit: Tribune

1. WENDY

January 26, 2015 at 1:46 pm

lazy fool

2. olu

January 26, 2015 at 1:53 pm

“But I only continued with him because I was waiting for the promises to be fulfilled. I was not interested in marriage to him……she also sneaked in two men, who would help carry out her plan to forcefully obtain the money….”

Nuff said.
    If things are not going th way you expect, can you just simply “walk away”?

• Dom

January 26, 2015 at 5:11 pm

ABI?/??

3. Brown

January 26, 2015 at 2:01 pm

Odiegwu! Is he your Father? Abi you follow the guy go work for the money?
    And the ignoramus claims she didn’t know he was dead till she was arrested, because placing a waterproof bag over his head is supposed to make him fat? Ode.

4. Taiwo

January 26, 2015 at 2:09 pm

Imagine!! Jezebel!!!

5. conglomerate

January 26, 2015 at 2:12 pm

Shameless criminal. It’s a pity the man has to die from philandering. Staying faithful to your marriage and wife costs you Zero naira. Even if you must keep an extra affair, badoo is the last place to find a decent a person.

6. tweeny

January 26, 2015 at 2:19 pm

She should rot in jail. I think she’s used to robbing her victims…irresponsible fool.

7. Abeeeee

January 26, 2015 at 2:22 pm

I just feel bad for his wife….

8. oj

January 26, 2015 at 2:26 pm

His poor wife & kids. See as he just died. Thou shall commit adultery, he refused to hear. May God give his family the strength to bear this loss

9. boo

January 26, 2015 at 2:39 pm

I do not support the crime this woman committed but I am very sure this man may have been alive today if he faced his marriage and did not go and find trouble.. u see, some things we cause it for ourselves..na who send the man..
    I hope some adulterous men will see this and respect themselves

• Tbaby

January 26, 2015 at 7:24 pm

1million likes on ur comment. Some men can cheat for Africa…what kainda girl do u hope to meet on Badoo???? I just pity d wife n d innocent kids he left behind, mtchewwww.

10. NSC

January 26, 2015 at 3:03 pm

People will never learn from all these online dating. Again married men should zip up. naijasportscrib.com

11. miss Pee

January 26, 2015 at 3:07 pm

When will people ever learn from the experiences of others, he promised you money, he gives you 10,000 or 15,000 and you’re not okay with that amount, someone’s salary for a month and someone’s prayer point. Sister ndo ooh, but you’re on a very looooooooooooooooooooong thing, your books you didn’t face it now you’ve killed someone’s husband, father, brother, philanthropist. God save you! People learn social media isn’t that bad, chose who you talk to and what you discuss.

12. missP

January 26, 2015 at 3:17 pm

All the proponents of ”its a man’s world , its a mans world” , Nor be man dem just kill like crayfish so? All because he’s cheating on his wife? Shior!

• Iris

January 26, 2015 at 3:37 pm

How does this one case make it any less a man’s world? Don’t be silly. And there’s nothing “all because” about the fact that he cheated.

13. Nimi

January 26, 2015 at 3:20 pm

Let this be a lesson to guys who let that “small boy” control them. Women no dey belleful una. And its sooo rampant amongst these oil company workers. Lorreta, ( if that’s even your real name) you be proper idiot. Why can’t you cut your coat according to your cloth? Now you’ve murdered somebody. The only people I feel sorry for are the wife and kids.

14. shayor

January 26, 2015 at 3:22 pm

So so sad. Wat a shameful death. May God give his family the strength to bear the loss. I hope adulterous couples will learn to be faithful to their spouses, it won’t cost you a dime. I pity his wife the most.

15. kenitola

January 26, 2015 at 3:29 pm

because of money, you killed a whole human being, not a goat or chicken o. ika in the highest order ni e. you deserve to rot in hell.. han han.. why are people so wicked like this? why? may God help us all

16. mame

January 26, 2015 at 3:40 pm

Eh my people! why are we liking people on Facebook and following people on twitter. A total stranger that we don’t know. Let us learn from the things we see around us. Don’t relate with strangers on social media.

17. tunmi

January 26, 2015 at 4:14 pm

This reminds me of a Naija movie I saw. Beautiful liars with Funke Akindele. In the very beginning, she’s trying to hide from this guy she had a business transaction with (sex for money). She told him she was traveling out, but she used the money for something else. And she included perhaps the most brilliant point I have ever heard in scenes like this, “Did you give me the money under duress? No, it was a gift, and I used it however I want.” That legal bit, given Akindele’s legal background, was just awesome…

Having said that, na the man find wahala. As for the woman, with a good lawyer she may be able to get manslaughter (no intent), but the testimony of her co-conspirators and whatever evidence (the time of death, and the time stamp on the ATM withdrawal) could pose a problem.

• Soraya

January 29, 2015 at 9:54 pm

You write as if our police force and the legal system in Nigeria is sophisticated- the police will not bother to investigate thoroughly and the case will be subject to incessant delays- she will walk away just by default (paying a bribe or due to deliberate delays from the legal system)

18. Chichi

January 26, 2015 at 5:50 pm

What goes around comes around,u can’t eat ur cake and have it.it causes nothing to be faithful,and if u check it,d man’s wife will b one pretty lady,condolences to the family,one thing is for sure,no dinner must go unpunished

19. hawttalkwithtosan.blogspot.ca

January 26, 2015 at 6:19 pm

This is a movie script right? Na she can’t be such a callous low life witch!

20. ceze

January 26, 2015 at 6:41 pm

So all this still happens?? Shuo!

21. Lori

January 26, 2015 at 8:07 pm

Ehm! To all those writing he could have been alive if he did not cheat, don’t people die everyday? Not just from the choices they make but also from circumstances that are beyond their control. I’m not in support of adultery cos I’m a firm believer of treating others how you want to be treated; however, the fact that he’s an adulterer doesn’t make it any less awful and no! he does not deserve what he got. I don’t care if he’s slept with the entire nation, he still does not deserve to die.

22. Mabel

January 26, 2015 at 8:24 pm

Poor ignorant thing, probably thought this was going to be her ticket to a life of leisure and ease. Poor fellow, in his desperation to have a relationship he used whatever means he could to woo a woman. Two lost souls looking for their own piece of pleasure in the world, whose lives are irrevocably changed because they both had different agendas. May we all learn wisdom from this unfortunate incident.

23. Munwa

January 27, 2015 at 1:50 am

I’m confused. She killed a man because of N120, 000? Nooooooo na lie? So is that the “money” that drove u out of your senses? Chai!!!!……people earn £189million without killing anyone o!

24. ada

January 27, 2015 at 11:24 am

A year or two ago the same thing happened to a man working with Shell. They never learn.

25. Duru John de Beloved

January 27, 2015 at 12:45 pm

heheheheheh Badoo is the home of chaos… Issorait

26. Bobby Rak

January 27, 2015 at 1:49 pm

This story is false. This girl and her gang have done this severally to different men. This is not the first time. This one only got out cos the victim died. They woo men thru social media and steal their money. I can bet she didn’t even sleep with him.

27. sandy

February 4, 2015 at 5:42 pm

Regardless of all dis still pple fall victim every now nd den wen will they learn their lesson everytin dats so sweet has his own bitter side be careful on hw u relate wit strangers social media especially may God give his wife d fortitude 2 bare d lost

28. john simon