Features

My Style: Tracy Iddrisu

BellaNaija.com

My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015029How you present yourself is how you will be taken serious” – Tracy Iddrisu

It’s time for another fabulous edition of My Style – our monthly BN Style feature that aims to celebrate the unique style of our amazing BN readers.

The My Style page is all about showing how diverse and universal style can be. Style is individual, unique and fun and is a personal representation of how each person expresses their take on fashion; so BN Style watchers let’s appreciate her unique style. 🙂 Enjoy!

***

The uber-fashionable BN reader – Tracy Jamilatu Iddrisu is our My Style focus for this edition and we just know you’re going to love this one! Tracy, who also goes by Empress_Jamila on Instagram, is a degree holder of Operations and Project Management from the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA). But when fashion called, she answered!

She is a stylist and personal shopper who also owns a retail outlet which deals in kitchen appliances. We absolutely love the eclectic nature of Tracy’s style which she describes is “a gift from God”. Her style blog – StyleByTrey, is one that heralds her style and shares it with all her followers.

Tracy has been featured a number of times in our Aso Ebi features, so you know she’s got the lemons for this lemonade. Follow us as we share her great style. Enjoy!

My Style Is…

…Versatile. I hate conforming to a specific style because I’m always open to stepping out of my comfort zone and switching up my looks. I have so many different pieces in my wardrobe, and I love mixing and matching to create different outfits with some of the same pieces.

I can’t say that I chose to adopt a versatile style, because I’m naturally attracted to various looks and concepts. I’ve rocked everything from combat boots and studs to floral print and leather; and have a weakness for beautiful dresses and gowns, high heels, loafers, leather, floral, blazers, booties, kicks and satchels.

I shop at various retailers that offer quality for affordable prices. But, of course, sometimes I splurge on things that I absolutely can’t live without.

I love style because it’s something that will exist till infinity. I have a natural flare for styling. It comes naturally and my end result is always sophisticated and beautiful.

Where Style Meets Personality
The key to dressing which expresses my own personal style and personality has always been knowing when to pick subtle clothing options and when to play it up completely.

For example, if I’m in a more professional atmosphere and I have a very humorous and fun personality (which for a fact I do); wearing an inappropriate graphic tee is probably not the best way to show off my fun, happy-go-lucky attitude. In those scenarios, the best way to express myself would be through simple accessories.

Where I Shop Till I Drop
In the UK I love to buy River Island, Superdry, Miss Selfridge, Hollister, Forever 21, Bank, Urban Outfitters, H&M; and in the US I love to shop at Louboutins, Micheal Kors, Chanel and many more.

My Tresses & Makeup Look
I love to wear very subtle makeup. I’m not a fan of loud lipstick, although my makeup artist thinks it’s time for some change. I love my clean makeup and less of everything else.

My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015028 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015032

How I Accessorize
I usually wear sunglasses, shoes, bags, scarves etc.

My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015038 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015025My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015013My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015048

I Own the Night
I love to dress to suit the occasion so when the night calls I respond appropriately.

My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015010My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015002

On a Regular Day
On a regular day or a “no work’ day, you will find me in a tee shirt or top with a pair of ripped pants.

My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015009 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015050 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015053 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015069 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015037

Shoes & Feet

My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015042My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015036 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015073 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015054 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015049 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015068 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015057 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015056 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015043 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015047 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015081 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015039 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015063

Nothing Traditional

My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015004My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015007My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015083My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015019 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015021 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015023 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015026 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015082
Getting My “Working Class Girl” On
Work is always professional so I gotta look the part. I’m mostly suited-up or in a midi semi-figure hugging corporate dress. But I love to bring some attitude and good vibe to work so I love to play with colors.

I Think Every Girl Should Have
At least own one high quality pair of pumps, a perfect shade of lipstick to suit your skin tone, a piece of fine jewelry (i.e necklace, bracelet etc), a killer black dress, a grown up work bag, a signature fragrance and a quality watch.

I also think black pants, a Barbie-doll dress, French-cuff dress shirt, black plums, a day dress, a black suit – preferably skirt and jacket to match, a dressy jacket, an evening clutch and strappy sandals are imperative.

The Many Sides of Fab

My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015071 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015080 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015040 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015052 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015016 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015064

An Eclectic Mix

My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015011 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015018 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015014My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015034 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015033 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015024 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015041 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015044 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015062 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015055 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015072 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015075 My Style Tracy Iddrisu - Bellanaija - March2015078

My Advice for Other Stylistas
Just be you, love you and do you. Go for style because sooner or later fashion fades.

My Style Philosophy
How you present yourself is how you will be taken serious.

Thank you to Tracy for sharing her amazing style with us. Follow her for more of her style on Instagram: @empress_jamila | Follow her on Twitter: @trenditrey | Find her on Facebook: www.facebook.com/www.traceyscloset | Visit her style blog: www.StylebyTrey.blogspot.com

_____________________________________________________________________________
If you are interested in appearing in the My Style feature, simply send two pictures of yourself or that of a friend depicting a typical day and night look with a short summary of your style to style(at)bellanaija(dot)com. When your entry is approved, you will be required to send in more pictures and personal commentaries on your style or that of your friend as the case may be!

1. Berry Dakara

March 26, 2015 at 11:10 am

She was right – VERSATILE!

I think I like her traditional looks the most. And big hair.

• Sugar

March 26, 2015 at 4:03 pm

Na only you waka come????? All these Hermes Birkin bags for only you? Oh wow, the Original must be really expensive sha o

• Margriyya

April 1, 2015 at 3:58 pm

She is the Master of Disguise with all these different hairstyles! Brows are on too much fleek! Shoes toh fine ghan, body too set, hair off her face is the best look.

2. Green IVY

March 26, 2015 at 11:20 am

That pink bag is the star of the show. Her dress sense is made for Instagram. I wonder how these outfits will come across in person

3. Jenny

March 26, 2015 at 11:23 am

I love her foot wear(s)..style meets class…#loveitwearit#

4. Ebony

March 26, 2015 at 11:24 am

She has the type of my ear hole, haha. “Mis-positioned”.
    I asked my mum the other day where she was when my ear lobe was being peirced, and she goes “nursing my pain”. Annoying woman, lol.
    Tracy is trendy, not stylish.

• vivian

March 26, 2015 at 2:14 pm

you just said my mind,ebony.
      there’s a huge difference between being trendy and being stylish..
      rita dominic = stylish
      every other celeb = trendy ooooo

5. laiytt

March 26, 2015 at 11:26 am

she has the red white and another colour of hermes handbag…hnmmmm!!! i did not say anything!

6. Bowo

March 26, 2015 at 11:36 am

…wait…so a professional photographer was gotten for this… the hustle to feature on BN is real yo!!! *straight face*

• ATL's finest

March 26, 2015 at 1:49 pm

@ Bowo. Lmao @ the struggle is real. Everyone is into fashion/blog #phew#.

7. AnnieRose

March 26, 2015 at 11:44 am

@Ivvygreen, spot on . some babes be looking like masquerades all for Instagram likes and comments.

8. Anon

March 26, 2015 at 11:46 am

The side portrait where she wore the blue blazer, she reminds me of Jumai Shaba.

9. Enaluv

March 26, 2015 at 11:54 am

Am absolutely in luv with ur style. u rock any style any day n any time. True fashionista keep it up!!

10. B

March 26, 2015 at 11:54 am

Wow! Gorgeous girl! I luv luv! She knows her body wella! Hawt

11. Curious (..maybe exploring a new career move if it pays)

March 26, 2015 at 11:54 am

Hi guys, just a question please, I am in no way trying to be critical but; How do these “Style” bloggers make money? I think the have all the versions of every designer bags, shoes, clothes etc and (as I imagine) spend hours trying to get the perfect shot, but where does the income come from please? Do you get paid to take pics and post them online by anyone? What is the aim of the display of different styles?

• Hmm

March 26, 2015 at 12:40 pm

I am not so sure but I guess is the same way that bellanaija and Linda ikeji them make money..Through advertising on their site and collaborations. For example a retail store could pay them or give them free clothes to tell their followers that they got what they are wearing from so so and so store, the followers would in turn go and spend their money at that store – advertisement. its just about being creative with your brand. Some of them sef after posing for pictures they go and return the stuff back to the store they bought it from and claim it doesn’t fit. All na hustle.

• Berry Dakara

March 26, 2015 at 1:10 pm

A lot of bloggers, Style and Fashion bloggers included, have full-time jobs or other sources of income.

• Tosin

March 26, 2015 at 1:48 pm

Ok.. I know one way fashion. Bloggers is through adverts.. Now to be honest I don’t know about naija but i know there are different types of fashion bloggers. Some deal strictly in high fashion clothing like the large fashion houses like Stella McCartney or Oscar de la RentA while some deal in affordable fashion or both… Now being a fashion blogger means having a great sense of personal style… It’s not about the number of designer clothing store u have.. Once you have a great sense of style that people admire, it can attract a huge following… People who love to see what you will wear next… Or get fashion inspiration from you.. Now fashion labels and other companies knowing you have a huge following can decide to pay you to endorse or review their products and services to your followers… It can be a skin care products to online stores or to fashion houses.. As a fashion blogger you can. Be regarded as a sort of fashion expert to your followers.. Starting out in fashion blogging is usually best it starts as a hubby or a side job… Then once it picks up you can then decide to rely on it for your survival lol… Now one advantage of being a fashion blogger is that your opinion COUNTS. Now a fashion house getting ready to release its next collection can decide to ask you the fashion blogger to review it for a fee Ofcourse.. (Depending any ways) .. This will increase their sales of whatever clothing… I think I’ve been able to help…

• spring

March 26, 2015 at 2:33 pm

Some make money from adverts…… while some are simply rich kids who happen to love fashion!

• Mz Socially Awkward...

March 26, 2015 at 2:57 pm

Like Soraya De Carvalho of Styleismything who started out as a rich kid that loved fashion and just blogged about it, telling people what she put together and where she bought what. Then she started getting noticed by fashion/retail labels and her blog seems to have become more commercial With less frequent posts (I’m happy for you, Soraya but still side-eyeing you – it’s been a minute).

• Person

March 26, 2015 at 3:58 pm

@MzSociallyAwkward, I thought you’d like to know that initial investigations from the Germanwings plane crash suggests that the co-pilot deliberately crashed the plane. God help us and keep us safe.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

March 26, 2015 at 6:24 pm

@Person, thanks very much for the update oh. I already saw it and can’t believe what I’m hearing. Was it mental illness or a terrorist plot that made the evil man take all those lives to the grave with him??? All my previous theories about airline safety records are completely blown out of the water because I never EVER even factored in the element of deliberate actions by the pilot. The families of the victims will be devastated afresh by this new update… 🙁

• *curious*

March 26, 2015 at 4:27 pm

In Tracy’s case, the article reads “She is a stylist and personal shopper who also owns a retail outlet which deals in kitchen appliances.” so those are some ways she makes money minus possible income from blog ads. ☺

12. Beauty

March 26, 2015 at 12:01 pm

She looks lovely …I don’t know if its just me but she is like a chameleon, looks totally different with each hairstyle ….shes beautiful…

13. ife

March 26, 2015 at 12:02 pm

Please come and dash small cloth na. I like I like I like!

14. zinnypearl

March 26, 2015 at 12:04 pm

i like the traditional s so sweet

15. kenitola

March 26, 2015 at 12:11 pm

ONE WORD FOR TRACY…..BEAUTIFUL

16. oluchy

March 26, 2015 at 12:16 pm

l love her style, l can see myself in most of them. Great style: simple, chic, and sophisticated in all.

17. deee

March 26, 2015 at 12:21 pm

errr who is her makeup artist? she needs to change the person, her brows no just follow. plus all these hermes? lol could this be real?

18. Daisy

March 26, 2015 at 12:26 pm

Now let’s be honest here. She knows how to put stuff together and has a very good photographer but why try to pass those fake designer items as real? Who doesn’t know in Accra that the average Loubs selling for 600 ghc etc isnt the real thing and that max closet shop where most of her stuff comes from leads when it comes to fake items? Kudos to those wonderful designers behind her locally made stuff. She should tone down on the fake designer items. High Street brands have grear stuff that she can equally work with and look as great. Yea a long epistle and I’m even not a hater.

• Tosin

March 26, 2015 at 1:50 pm

How are u sure it’s fake??? #justasking..

• ATL's finest

March 26, 2015 at 1:51 pm

Lol @ Fake stuff! *Shades* Daizy

• mr_babson on twitter

March 27, 2015 at 10:20 am

But what’s wrong with wearing fake designer stuff? Is it any different from wearing fake hair, fake nails, fake lashes, or a fake bum or boobs? If the counterfeit/ cheaper version looks the same, then what’s wrong?

19. Modella

March 26, 2015 at 12:29 pm

Ohh,I remember her ,have seen some of her looks on d net.she is so cute and v stylish.will follow her

20. pipi

March 26, 2015 at 12:40 pm

errr where i shop till i drop: why dont we buy somethings in nigeria sef!!!

21. Call Me Gorgeous..

March 26, 2015 at 12:40 pm

All the hermes bags though…..i counted like 4!!
    *sealed lips*

22. ssah

March 26, 2015 at 1:20 pm

really nice. but remind me to wear bum shorts and blazer to [email protected] picture

23. ANC

March 26, 2015 at 1:57 pm

I don’t understand what all these ‘fake designer’ rants are all about. Just because you can’t afford them doesn’t mean others can’t. You have no idea what she does for a living. People have day jobs and other side businesses that are very very very profitable. She doesn’t even have to own them, she could have borrowed them. After all, she’s showing you what her style looks like and not what she owns. If you claim any of her accessories are fake, and you cannot prove it, you are a hater.

See if you have an awesome style, and you’d like to become a fashion stylist/consultant and you don’t have plenty money advertorial, this is a good place to start. Borrow/rent stuff, if you don’t own them. Take pictures, and post them. Before you know, the emails are dropping in for consultancy sessions. No shame in it, as far as its legit. When the money starts rolling in, no one will remember you borrowed, except the usual haters sha.

PS: I don’t know the lady, never seen before either. Cuz some of y’all have no chill.

• Emma

March 26, 2015 at 2:58 pm

Actually it annoys those who can afford the real stuff that the wannabes are rocking the fake and giving the impression it’s the real thing. The thing about fake stuff is, you get addicted to them so instead of say a rich person who can afford the real hermes buying just about one or two, you’ll see the wannabe having about 10 pieces. Four hermes bags in Ghana by one person? Don’t be that easily swained.

• Anon

March 26, 2015 at 5:03 pm

Swained?

• mr_babson on twitter

March 27, 2015 at 10:23 am

So what if you get addicted to fake stuff?

24. Aunty

March 26, 2015 at 2:23 pm

I like the white “trad” without the Cape and her eyebrows in that shot are good… Otherwise, pls send your makeup artist for eyebrow tutorials…
    Quite trendy

25. Uju Lilian

March 26, 2015 at 3:28 pm

Wow! Her style is eclectic, fierce. I love everything about her style. Great stylings, checking out her blog right away

26. Abster

March 26, 2015 at 4:19 pm

Love it all! 🙂

27. maria

March 26, 2015 at 4:32 pm

She is beautiful and has a good fashion sense no lie about that she knows how to put colors and style together. BUT please Nigeria babes lets stop lying about where we shop I personally see no expensive designer stuffs in everything she is wearing. I see low budget regular people designer and if you ask me nothing is wrong with that cut your coat according to your size. but please don’t lie about it Louboutin really my sister even your Hermes is a knock off which I have nothing against. you can carry a look alike but don’t lie about it because no one cares. I shop at marshalls, Tj Maxx, Ashley Stewart, forever 21, fashion to figure and many more and if you ask me where I got something from trust me I will tell you exactly where, I will even give you address. why lie the look I like I am carrying I didn’t borrow your money to buy it, I worked my ass off to afford it? and the majority of those shoes are shoe dazzle and just fab. well priced shoes I live on that website so I know almost all their styles VIP member my dear

• Ivy

March 26, 2015 at 5:27 pm

Guuurllll! U nasty…..but i like it. Lol.

• straight

March 26, 2015 at 7:37 pm

#PREACH GIRL#

• ATL's finest

March 27, 2015 at 4:05 pm

@ Maria oh lawdy! Take it easy lmao. U are going ham on her:))))) I’m dieing of laughter. Knock-offs are allowed once in a while but when U make it sound like you ve got the factory in your yard, then it becomes a problem. Lol @ I live on the internet… I’m not saying real products isn’t allowed but whoever fall for bloggers & their name brand is crazy..

28. lulu

March 26, 2015 at 4:36 pm

Love Love her style…Best i have seen on here b4…. clean and realy works for her body#

29. corolla

March 26, 2015 at 5:35 pm

The eyebrows threw me the f- off.

30. Duchess Maria

March 26, 2015 at 5:50 pm

She’s more trendy than stylish but definitely a very cute girl.

Was I the only one looking out for scores of Louboutins in her pics, when she stated that she likes to shop at Louboutins?

31. Ona

March 26, 2015 at 6:14 pm

I liked the first outfit and some if the trads. I was excited when i saw the cover pic cos it was nice…. But my
    Excitement fell flat. She more trendy than stylish…. Nothing amazing about her style. The knockoffs also left a bad taste in my mouth. And yes i can tell a knockoff from a mile away. Too obv.

32. Oni

March 26, 2015 at 10:57 pm

I have an idea for BN. Since most of regular people don’t spend fortunes on designers, It’d be good to feature regular non-designer buying people who are stylish on bargain. I know someone who gets most of her stuff from Macy’s, Talbolts, Chicos, WhiteHouseBlackMarket, etc. at very low prices. Like a pair of flats that was originally $130.00 for just $8.00. Regular people will learn more from such features.

• fleur

March 27, 2015 at 4:03 am

I would even ask Bella to have a “Fleek on a Budget” page and then have the “designered out” page. Bella can even gauge traffic to both to see where people spend most of their time. to tracy, please never ever pull out that Bob hair do ever again. You are so beautiful and then that bob wanted to transform you into a chimp. God forbid. Please all the other styles were gorgeous. avoid that mop!

• KK

December 11, 2015 at 6:49 am

I’m hoping BN does something on thrifting pretty soon, too. I just started a Youtube Channel/ Blog where i style Thrifted items, but a lot of Naija people who i know tend to look down on thrifted/ second- hand items. If you are interested; however, check it out! “Lock, Stock, & Barrel” :o)

• KK

December 11, 2015 at 6:49 am

33. kemi

March 27, 2015 at 3:29 am

Nice styles but u can’t wear most of these cloths and be taken seriously. You just can’t even if it is when u just go out .

34. Temmy Bakare

March 27, 2015 at 9:15 am

@ all asking how bloggers make their money from all this, its simply called Blogging. they make space for adverts and write or show stuffs that make you click to read. they make money from those clicks and alot of us make that happen for them. Nice styles, had to save them all. Keep posting, we keep clicking. xoxo

35. BlueEyed

March 27, 2015 at 10:55 am

Lol she does know how to put an outfit together that’s all I’m saying. And y’al stop shading her knock offs! Lol

36. Calabar Gal

March 27, 2015 at 3:19 pm

Extreme picture overload but loving her style……. You know what they say – if you have got it…..

37. Rapunzel

March 30, 2015 at 8:07 pm

Dang girl!!!

38. Meg Peters

July 14, 2015 at 2:33 pm

always on point dear

39. VikkeyEmpress

September 18, 2015 at 1:13 am

She is simply gorgeous!! No doubts