News

Pres. Jonathan’s Solidarity/Fitness Rally in Abuja: Kanu Nwankwo, Namadi Sambo, Joseph Yobo & More Attend – PHOTOS

President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday held a solidarity/fitness rally in Abuja.

The rally commenced at the Presidential Villa, and proceeded on to Eagle Square, Pulse NG reports.

Some notable individuals that attended the rally include, footballers – Kanu Nwankwo and Joseph Yobo; Senate president, David Mark; and Vice – President, Namadi Sambo.

According to Punch, some activities that took place during the rally included included “jogging, physical stretches and light aerobics, and culminated in a solidarity rally for President Jonathan at the Eagle Square organised by the Nigerian sports community.”

Here are some photos from the event:

jona kicks

PIC.6. SOLIDARITY RALLY IN SUPPORT OF PRESIDENT JONATHAN AND THE VICE PRESIDENT IN ABUJA

PIC.5. SOLIDARITY RALLY IN SUPPORT OF PRESIDENT JONATHAN AND THE VICE PRESIDENT IN ABUJA

PIC.7.  SOLIDARITY RALLY IN SUPPORT OF PRESIDENT JONATHAN AND THE VICE PRESIDENT IN ABUJA

rally 4

Kanu and Jonathan

Photo Credit: NAN-PHOTO/Twitter

1. kenora

March 9, 2015 at 1:50 pm

If I may ask ?why is Mr president working out now? So na today he know say he wan keep fit for the country. This man should leave abeg..All I hear or read this days .. is Mr president this or that

2. Ken

March 9, 2015 at 2:27 pm

abeg go sleep. if he does, wahala, if he doesnt, wahala still. abeg abeg, go sit down one corner and leave the man alone.

3. mimi

March 9, 2015 at 2:30 pm

all nah publicity stunt…… mshewww

4. oluchy

March 9, 2015 at 2:45 pm

Soon, it will be that he baths with canoe soap, this few weeks has really be busy for him.

• Dania

March 9, 2015 at 11:04 pm

LOL! Love this comment.

5. frankteacher

March 9, 2015 at 2:46 pm

@Kanu paying homage, “I’m loyal sir, my loyalty is notbin doubt”
    Oga presido is sha fit, see him touching his toes, madam is another mata entirely.

6. quest

March 9, 2015 at 3:19 pm

Very Fit president…

7. Fred

March 9, 2015 at 3:38 pm

I do not see anything wrong with the work out session. When you are canvassing for votes, you can engage in different activities that can draw you closer to the people literally . Opposition did their march too in Lagos. Amaechi was plaiting woman’s hair the other day. APC supporters did their rally too in Lagos.

8. lyn

March 9, 2015 at 4:00 pm

Its not all about fitness, but the question is “are you fit for purpose? cos if its about fitness Messi wld have been the president of Argentina, abi na Ronaldo? he wld have also been the president of Portugal !

9. 3ples

March 9, 2015 at 4:16 pm

@BellaNaija…dis is not fair ooo!!!! i work out every day and you don’t feature me…diaris God oooo!!!

10. AaaFeeCee

March 9, 2015 at 4:51 pm

I said it that if Buhari try this,it will be that ………………….hmmmmmm
    If Tinubu try this exercise……………………….hmmmmmm
    If Lai Mohammed try such………………………….hmmmmmmm
    If Oyegun try this, ………………………………………………….hmmmmmmm

They will say they they matched juju planted by PDP They will say Fayose,FKK,did it.
    My advice is for these men to return to London to continue their treatment..

No matter how much a goat jump it cant fly.

GEJ Eagle flying straight to ASO ROCK while

APC Association of grandPapa Congress retire to their beds to dream dreams

So with all the multitude of people we have in Nigeria GMB is what APC want to force down our throats? APC is a selfish party and certainly don’t wish Nigeria well. .America have never brought their past leaders to recontest.

11. NagosBigBoi

March 9, 2015 at 5:22 pm

When I saw the video of that first picture (of him trying to touch his toes) I was surprised. I have never seen that done that way before. I guess I must be doing things wrong. Or is that just a wrong way of doing it? Gym rats help!

12. ty

March 9, 2015 at 5:26 pm

all na lie. after election now no more fitness. oh please!!!

13. tony

March 9, 2015 at 7:49 pm

Bella naija why na?? Why u not posting my coments.. I told the truth about failed PDP govt na..

14. stargazer

March 9, 2015 at 11:28 pm

WHETHER YOU LIKE CALL IT PUBLICITY STUNT OR CHEAP PUBLICITY……GEJ IS OUR NEXT PRESIDENT, YES….HE HASNT DONE ENUFF BUT HE IS COMING BACK……HE IS A LESS OF TWO EVILS ANYDAY ANYTIME……….BUHARI PRESIDENT…..tufiakwaaaaaa!

All Haters, you dey on your own!

15. yuyu

March 11, 2015 at 3:18 pm

True Gej is just d less evil of d two aspirants, I wouldn’t have planned voting for him if APC had a better arrangement. D truth is Buhari is good but people around him are terrible. Infact they are d real meaning of ‘corruption’. So sad, we have to go down this road again for d next 4years