News

Buhari: “We Don’t Know if the Chibok Girls Will be Rescued”

Buhari 2015 BN 5

President-elect Muhammadu Buhari has released a statement on the missing Chibok girls to mark the one year that has elapsed since their disappearance.

In the statement, Buhari says that although he can’t guarantee that the girls will be rescued, his administration will do everything within their power to find the girls.

Read the statement, as reported by Premium Times:

Today we remember the kidnapping of 276 girls from a school in Chibok one year ago. This crime has rightly caused outrage both in Nigeria and across the world.

Today is a time to reflect on the pain and suffering of the victims, their friends and families. Our thoughts and prayers, and that of the whole Nigerian Nation, are with you today.

I want to assure all of them, and particularly the parents, that when my new Administration takes office at the end of May, we will do everything we can to defeat Boko Haram. We will act differently from the Government we replace: we hear the anguish of our citizens and intend to respond accordingly.

This new approach must also begin with honesty. We do not know if the Chibok girls can be rescued. Their whereabouts remain unknown. As much as I wish to, I cannot promise that we can find them. But I say to every parent, family member and friend of the children that my Government will do everything in its power to bring them home.

What I can pledge, with absolute certainty, is that starting on the first day of my Administration Boko Haram will know the strength of our collective will and commitment to rid this nation of terror, and bring back peace and normalcy to all the affected areas.

““Boko Haram” means “Western Education is Sinful”. When they are defeated militarily, as they will be, we will ensure our citizens in the affected areas have improved educational opportunities as a direct counterbalance to Boko Haram’s twisted ideology. In particular we will educate ever more young girls ensuring they are empowered as citizens of Nigeria.

Let us use this anniversary to remind each other that the attack on Chibok was an attack on the dreams and aspirations of our young people.

We stand united in our pledge to resist terror in Nigeria– not just through military means but also through the power of opportunity and the hope of a better future for all”.

General Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR)

President-elect, Federal Republic of Nigeria

Daura, Katsina

Nigeria

13 April 2015.

1. jayboogie

April 14, 2015 at 8:58 am

i’ll be back for comments .

2. Tkum

April 14, 2015 at 9:06 am

bia Oga you Berra know oo after all you and your co-horts said you know where they are before n on d start of your campaign..stories DAT touches d heart! u v succeeded in getting vulnerable Nigerians na…d same ones DAT will come here n open mouth waaaah like they know wat they are doing.

• Hurperyearmie

April 14, 2015 at 11:52 am

ROTFL biko leave me alone o na Naija be that for you now during campaign they say all manner of things now he is saying something else

3. bruno

April 14, 2015 at 9:12 am

this is NOT what u promised us when u were campaigning for office.

4. Mimi

April 14, 2015 at 9:28 am

“We will act differently from the Government we replace: we hear the anguish of our citizens and intend to respond accordingly.” Okay before anyone starts attacking me, I am not against Buhari or APC. I don’t just like the fact that he uses the slightest chance he gets to condemn the present Government. I just don’t think he is being fair.

• Ironlady

April 14, 2015 at 11:24 am

Well mimi, unfortunately, the incoming government cannot pretend that goolucks government and incompetence esp on this matter did not happen. The way goodluck and co handled the bokoharam crisis was beyond appalling. I think it is wise for the incoming government to see where gooluck went wrong and avoid those mistakes. In so doing, it is inevitable that goodlucks inadequacies must be called out. Ok its not fair to goodluck but is it fair to the parents who are still yearning for their children?

• Tkum

April 14, 2015 at 11:40 am

Papa nnukwu Buhari has never been a fair man na…where you sleeping before..babe wake up!

• nnenne

April 14, 2015 at 12:58 pm

Am with you on that. Any good leader does not do that even if it is very obvious. They simply use their ‘anger’ and go to work. The campaigning is over.
      BTW, he keeps hitting on equal opportunity for all as if to say Boko Haramites were particularly disenfranchised by the current administration. Was he not once our President? Two years is long enough to start something, especially if you are ‘ a great leader’.What did he leave behind?
      With all due respect, Mr. Buhari, we can’t wait for the miracles to start!
      Thanks very much in advance.

• Precious

April 15, 2015 at 8:18 pm

Thank you. I’m of the same opinion. He’s not diplomatic at all. He has won the elections, why is he still discrediting his predecessors? I do not like his style at all. His speeches infuriate me.

5. Blessmyheart

April 14, 2015 at 9:32 am

My prayers go to the girls wherever they are. It is really disheartening that the girls have not been found after one year. I cannot begin to imagine how their lives would have changed in the past year.
    GMB is being practical, I guess. No one knows where they are and it is most unlikely they will still be together in one place. All we can hope for is that the Government puts all resources to fighting this menace and in the process, get back the girls.

6. Taiwo

April 14, 2015 at 9:38 am

WELL SPOKEN SIR!!

7. Okey

April 14, 2015 at 9:42 am

APC has used this against PDP to amass votes in the north and now it has turned to “we will do everything to rescue them” instead of the normal promises that chibok girls will be released three months into my administration. Politics!!

8. ShineShineShine

April 14, 2015 at 9:47 am

Mr. Buhari, fear God. You said and l quote ” l will lead the battle to rescue the girls…….” At the time, the debate was whether you hv the stamina at your age to lead anything. Your handlers response was that you were not going to do so physically. Now you say what? This chibok issue is one of the reasons you were elected. Oga, E too early to begin chew gum and blowing bubbles o! Since you now own the bush and all the rats and rabbits in it you must smoke the girls out o. You want to be President Okwaya? Your dream has come true so stop dreaming and start working. May 29th ain’t too far. Old man wey wan die don take I’m money buy market. Oga you don buy market.

• Alex

April 14, 2015 at 1:44 pm

Lmaoo you too much!!!!

9. Joe

April 14, 2015 at 9:57 am

Bring Back Our Girls….

10. Olori Tari

April 14, 2015 at 9:57 am

“This new approach must also begin with HONESTY….Their whereabouts remain unknown. As much as I wish to, I cannot promise that we can find them. But I say to every parent, family member and friend of the children that my Government will do everything in its power to bring them home”

Thank you Sir! I remain hopeful and faith restored in my country not just with chibok but with everything.

Sigh those girls…365 days gone. The denial, the incompetence, the protests, the pain and everything. Humanity was lost one more time but they will be back. AMEN! I pray their family members find a reason to smile today and may God in his infinite mercy restore their joy.

Missing but #NeverForgotten #WeRemember

11. Chibs

April 14, 2015 at 10:07 am

Hmm …is it just me or does anybody else find it weird that the president elect keeps making statements about current issues concerning the country when there is still a sitting president.not saying he shouldn’t tell us his agenda but it kinda feels like there is a subtle disregard for the sitting president.
    I am not referring specifically to this article cos lord know thouse xgirls need to be founddddddddd, but just that he seems to have a lot to say even though technically he is not president yet.i know that the press will push for articles and news and his camp seems revel in it.
    Trust me I am his fan but I am beginning nurse some early baby teeny tiny thoughts about this.i know that any man that doesn’t respect his current leader whether effective or not is a good example of a bad follower.now I wonder what kind of leader that person will make
    Just saying that may 29 is a few weeks away.allow the man his last minutes in the spotlight and allow him to bow out as gracefully as he can manage under the circumstances. Just ma 2 kobe. ….

• Joe

April 14, 2015 at 10:39 am

I find it so so not funny .The president elect has to sit and start thinking on how to strategies to make his government work in his own way rather than shaming the previous government..the is still a president on sit..

• Tkum

April 14, 2015 at 11:43 am

nurse it wella

• Shopperoflife

April 14, 2015 at 12:49 pm

@Chibbs, my thots exactly. This is a glimpse of things to come. The last time l checked Goodluck is still the President of this country. I said it before that Buhari is in no position to lead this country. The hounds around him are baying for blood and he sure does not have the moral capacity to call anybody to order. In the quest to achieve his life long dream of being a democratic President like Obasanjo, he soiled his hands. That was how his wife also issued a press statement on the 7th April sending Easter Message to the Nigerian women. There is a saying that “…do not be in a hurry to lick hot soup……” May 29th is around the corner. Buhari and his wife should excercise some decorum. You have been ‘elected’ so, patience please.

• nnenne

April 14, 2015 at 1:08 pm

I left a comment before I read yours. We simply made the same comment.

• tunmi

April 14, 2015 at 1:15 pm

The sitting president seems to have forgotten his post. So far, he has been silent on the Chibok girls matter.

12. Sai Baba

April 14, 2015 at 10:09 am

Well said baba.. our hearts and prayers are with the girls and their families…

13. Mystique

April 14, 2015 at 10:13 am

@Chibs, love you boo……….my thoughts exactly. *chop kiss*

14. Chibs

April 14, 2015 at 10:29 am

@mystique right back at you joo.

15. bruno

April 14, 2015 at 10:36 am

at least he’s being honest and truthful, I will commend him for that. instead of giving us high hopes like gej.

• nnenne

April 14, 2015 at 1:10 pm

@bruno… Wish he was like that during the campaign.

• zibaintl

April 15, 2015 at 2:50 am

pls stop defending him…chibok girls was one of d apc propaganda..so its time for dem to act come may 29th n nt some excuses..,,,too early to begin twisting words..

16. lol

April 14, 2015 at 11:01 am

I mean let’s be straight up. Those girls have probably been sold as child brides all across Africa. We have no image of them so how can we identify them.
    Me I like the the truth. Dont decieve me.

• Somebody

April 14, 2015 at 4:43 pm

No images you say?????

Try this
      naijatafia.com/faces-of-abducted-chibok-girls-revealed/

Please where have you been?

17. Mizzy

April 14, 2015 at 11:07 am

@bruno, u jst got d words out of my mouth.

18. sussy

April 14, 2015 at 11:10 am

@bruno you are right, do we really expect the girls to all be in the same location they were a year ago, hopefully he will find majority and reunite them with their families.

19. Luchi

April 14, 2015 at 11:20 am

There is something hidden about this guy that will shock the world at large…Buhari I dont trust you,Never have.I wonder if you would have had the nerve to utter these words “”This new approach must also begin with honesty. We do not know if the Chibok girls can be rescued. Their whereabouts remain unknown. As much as I wish to, I cannot promise that we can find them.”” If your daughter Zahra was taken away just like the girls for over 1year. #BringBackOurGirls

20. sHhhhh

April 14, 2015 at 11:21 am

The next one might be, ‘I cannot guarantee that you will have good roads and electricity but I will do my best’.
    Grandpa well done oo…

21. temi lolz

April 14, 2015 at 11:30 am

pple lts give GMB time naa.is it immediately he gets into power that he has to start performing

• Duru John de Beloved

April 14, 2015 at 11:56 am

Temi its not about the time to perform, but about the unguided and careless utterances they make.. Say it as it is.. And not as you feel.. SMH.. On the Campaign ground it is “WE SHALL DO”, on the way to the seat of power it is “WE SHALL TRY..” Come on nah… Quote me yeah, these next 4 years might just be worse than the las 6t… nuff said.

22. Mimi

April 14, 2015 at 11:50 am

@bruno EXACTLY!!! People are so sentimental! Did he promise bringing back the Chibok girls in his campaign? He spoke about Boko Haram. Just this statement would have made Jonathan win if he made it last year. Moreover, the headlines are just to catch attention. I have a feeling most people didn’t bother to read. I dare say this is something like what Obama would have said in the same shoes.

• Mana

April 14, 2015 at 5:11 pm

I just thought the same. Obama could have say the same and all the one critizing Buhari would praise him for it. I like the honesty and the compassion he showed in this statement. Every normal thinking person will know that it is hard to get those girls. In a region like Africa were not everybody is registered how will you find all this girls?

If GEJ made such a statement then when the News broke he could have rule another 4 years

I wish Buhari all the best and I pray that he will rule this great nation to become what it suppose to be – The Giant Of Africa

23. jide

April 14, 2015 at 11:53 am

We have not packed the oracle, the oracle has started to manifest. A ti koo ifa ni ile, ifa ti n se

24. dollz

April 14, 2015 at 12:08 pm

Nigerians like wahala sha….we can too talk talk..condemn stuffs and all that..we sabi run mouth…i dont think this man has said something wrong…NIGERIANS HATE TO HEAR THE TRUTH…GIVE THEM LIES..THEM GO CHOP AM DRINK WATER….Lets give the man a chance to work.

25. nene+

April 14, 2015 at 12:10 pm

@ Bruno I disagree with you. It an offence and a breach of contractual agreement!

People voted for him for all his promises of. 1$ = N1, Ending Boko Haram in less than 2months, leading the squad to find the. Chibok girls, ensuring employment but as it stands today all has been denied!

We are watching Mr Integrity.

He and his team should not give us caveat after election has been won on falsehood.

Using every opportunity to spite GEJ is his trademark I didn’t observe it today! Go watch his interview. But for Bruno don’t pull wool over my eyes it too recent to have forgotten.

Baba has been winding down on all his promises and manifestos.

Mine is he should be ready to answer for all his promises. The same cane used in flogging past leaders are still intact.

As for all these denials, I am not a miracle worker, I am not a magician, I can’t promise you this and that are story story story! He must achieve all oooo. He has bought market big time indeed!

He rode on the bobo,hoodwink,deceit of his packagers and he will be held accountable.

Baba you must deliver 100%

Not hating but can’t wait to strap my belt on our ride to eldorado! While is I snooze off pa Buhari stays awake anchoring Nigeria.

Make e no be say na one chance airplane oooo

• nnenne

April 14, 2015 at 1:15 pm

Welcome back nene+!

• tunmi

April 14, 2015 at 1:17 pm

He hasn’t strayed from that yet. But the sitting president seems to just sit. He will lead those efforts but can he solely get them done? No. He alone cannot do much without the help of the senate or house. So far, I see nothing incorrect here. He does not mince words and he promised a different leadership.

• Blessmyheart

April 14, 2015 at 2:35 pm

Thank you oh. I will lead the rescue mission does not translate to I promise I will find them. I don’t see any contradiction here.

26. chisom

April 14, 2015 at 12:35 pm

Talk is cheap, Nigeria no be lagos and abuja. Oga baba oyoyo dis one wey ur body dey. Hot so wen dem open de chronicles of asorock for u hope u won’t go cold.

27. ms.b

April 14, 2015 at 12:50 pm

A Lot of ppl r waiting to see buhari fail n plunge d country into a state worse than what GEJ did, so they can say “I told u so”! We r d genesis of our problems in this country.

• Precious

April 15, 2015 at 8:30 pm

No, i don’t think that’s the motive. People act like that because Buhari protrays himself as a messiah and ridicules the shortcomings of the present administration, every opportunity he gets. He pictures himself as perfect and so people are saying “Sir, since you are perfect and have no shortcomings, this is our expectations from you”. It’s after the elections he agrees he has shortcomings without also giving room for the present administration to have shortcomings too.

28. AW

April 14, 2015 at 12:58 pm

We always think the grass is greener on the other side. E go soon clear us for eye! Like my mum used to say “until a man marries a second wife, he will not appreciate the goodness of the first wife”.

29. Zero

April 14, 2015 at 1:01 pm

I told you all… Una don vote nowww… Gullible Nigerians

30. nene+

April 14, 2015 at 1:14 pm

But wait a minute, Buhari was nominated to negotiate on behalf of Boko Haram Sect. Yes and truth!

Therefore I think he will impact on insurgency.

Boko Haram found him worthy to speak on its behalf and as such I can trust him above average on tackling and cajoling them.

However until he brings the head of Shekau I will not stop thinking that he is his campaign DG designated at sambisa forest.

He should have an idea of the girls when he dial the phone number that called him to represent the Disastrous sect Boko haram.

See Buhari God will bless you if you sincerely fought to end the BH, but if it favoured you to the disadvantage of Nigerians?……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….ka Chineke Mezie okwu.

• NagosBigBoi

April 14, 2015 at 6:50 pm

No and lie!

A person who was claiming to be negotiating with gofment on behalf of BH asked for GMB to be included in the negotiations because of his past as Govenor of the NE states/region. BH disowned this person. Why would GMB get involved with a guy who BH said was not speaking on their behalf? The GEJ gofment ended up being duped by this guy!

31. Beeeee

April 14, 2015 at 1:25 pm

Bia, Mr. President-elect. You have won. You are no longer campaigning so there is no need to refer to what or what was not done in President Jonathan’s administration every time you speak. You should tell the people who voted for you what you plan to do to move the country forward and unify us. Yes you won with 15 million votes but 12+ million people also voted against you. You should spend the time trying to get those 12+ million people why you deserve to be their president.. You can no longer hide behind Jonathan’s “failures” . YOU HAVE WON. I cant wait for May 29th. I look forward to it with hope. I am looking forward to every child in Nigerian public schools having free lunch everyday. I am also looking forward to free education for our children as well. Looking forward to the allowance for unemployed Nigerians, etc. Surely these won’t take four years abi? I have an open mind and i am part of the 12 million people that did not vote for you. I am hoping you would deliver the change you promised (as you have started backtracking these days) . You should also show some respect for the President. He is still the president. You are about to be President and would want respect as well. If not for anything, the man did what you could not do and the dogs and baboons are walking around freely and are not soaked in blood.

• Anonymous

April 14, 2015 at 10:52 pm

exactly! convince us 12million that you deserve to be president! that is all

• BlueEyed

April 15, 2015 at 3:13 am

@Beeee you brought the words right out of my mouth.
      Mr president elect better be good on his promises which I highly doubt , going by what he just stated up there. This next four years would really be an eye opener for his progressive supporters. Lastly, he is president elect, no need riding on a sitting president’s mistakes, action is what the people seek…May 29th is in weeks, give respect to the man who did what he himself cannot do…a bad follower cannot make a good leader.

32. me

April 14, 2015 at 1:26 pm

I’m so disappointed with most of the comments. What exactly is our problem?
    1) He is making a statement on a national issue. One year anniversary of the kidnap of the Chibok girls.He doesn’t have to be a sitting president to make a statement on such. Anybody and organization has a right to make a statement regarding such. Y’all criticizing him, have you thought of the fact that the sitting president has not made a statement on the this issue. Which is better?
    2) The man said he cannot promise they can find them but his government will do EVERYTHING in it’s power to rescue them. Many analysts have concluded that the girls have been b sold as sex slaves across sub-saharan Africa. The chances of finding them all complete in one location is very slim. I think think this man is just been honest as he has mentioned. Is it the sweet nothings you’ve been hearing before that you want to continue hearing. Someone is being realistic, deal with it!
    3) This man’s worst can still not be as bad as GEJ’s best. At least he’s talking. What irritated me most about GEJ was the way he took us for granted. It was bad enough that he didn’t do anything about alot of things, but not even saying anything about cogent issues was worse. When the Naira was getting continuously devalued, nothing. The 20 billion scandal, nothing. In a normal country the president won’t be allowed to even breathe till he talks about such. And don’t forget that it’s the Chibok Girls that really exploded the Boko Haram issue. Boko Haram was killing people in 20s and 50s consistently and nobody was talking. If GMB wasn’t talking, you are the same people who will say he has gone back to his shell after we voted for him.

33. Missy J

April 14, 2015 at 1:33 pm

Lol this Buhari win cause something ooh. PDP apologists are still depressed, how many weeks now? Please get over it!. If you like hit your head against the wall 10 times or you sleep on BellaNaija leaving negative comments on Buhari, the truth is that he is going to be your president and there’s nothing any of you can do about it.
    Mr President elect know that the majority voted for you and we’ll be here to support you till the end.
    Please no matter how e sweet you when you get there please don’t release false news on the death or capture of their leader Shekau.
    To my Chibok sisters and others captured, we will see Boko Haram is brought to justice. .

• anonymous

April 15, 2015 at 10:30 am

At least we haven’t killed anyone. The same can’t be said for someone who shed blood for 4 years

34. NagosBigBoi

April 14, 2015 at 1:43 pm

I have just done a quick Google search and cannot find where he said he would rescue all the Chibok girls. Does anyone have a link where I can find it?
    I know we like to play ostrich in Nigeria. Let us start preparing ourselves for the worst. Some of them may have been killed in Gwoza if reports that BH killed women and children and dumped them in wells before escaping Gwoza are true.

35. Missy J

April 14, 2015 at 1:48 pm

Lol I just remembered, if Buhari is firmed that he will find them some of you will say he hid them to discredit GEJ now he’s telling you guys the truth you want drink otapiapia on top his matter.
    He promised to lead in the search of the Chibok girls. Search doesn’t = finding . You can look and find or look and don’t find. With all these female teenage suicide bombers we hear of…GEJ truly failed them.
    But it’s in our ernest prayer we find them.

36. nnenna

April 14, 2015 at 2:30 pm

The truth is better than false hopes. We have a president who hasn’t said anything like this and these girls have been missing for a year. Buhari is not a miracle worker. If oga on seat doesn’t know where they are, we expect oga that hasn’t entered to just find them?
    If he says nothing about them Nigerians will attack him, now he said something we say he’s undermining the sitting president. Most of us will just undermine every effort this man makes for the next four years; nothing he says/does will be good enough. It’s well.

37. Author Unknown

April 14, 2015 at 2:44 pm

I almost think the best thing Goodluck can do right now is find the missing girls before he leaves office. A hero would be made out of him, even if doing his job late. One whole year though? Why so difficult? Are we being played?

• NagosBigBoi

April 14, 2015 at 6:41 pm

That would be great would it not? Unfortunately he cannot find all of them in less than two months. Nobody can.

I was hoping he would come out today and truly apologize for his failings on this. If he does not do it today, I hope he does it in his handover speech on May 29th.

38. tee

April 14, 2015 at 2:59 pm

Thank you me, missy j and nagos big boy.. all you people leaving these ridiculous comments need to be checked in the brain. It’s the one year anniversary of the missing chibok girls for crying out loud. He has a right to comment, everybody is commenting on this including malala who is not even from Nigeria
    Bella naija people be acting like those who leave comments in Linda ikeji blog . Nene and nnenna please port to Linda ikeji o

39. kikiki

April 14, 2015 at 3:02 pm

Nagosbigboy its on you tube.

I smell Buhari will be start arresting internet users for criticising him. He is highly impatient.

• NagosBigBoi

April 14, 2015 at 6:32 pm

Abeg can you paste the link? I don search YouTube tire. I am not saying he did not say it. I want to see it because if he said so, then we must hold him to it. If he said it to gain votes, then he is no better than GEJ.

40. hushhush

April 14, 2015 at 3:06 pm

@ Nagosbigboy did you also not see 1 dollar. =1 naira? End terrorism in 2 month?

I pity you guys cos next 4 years will be for denial of electoral promises.

A house built on lies.

• NagosBigBoi

April 14, 2015 at 6:36 pm

I have not seen the dollar = naira.
      I have listened to his interviews on CNN and BBC where people claim he said 2 months for BH. He never said 2 months. He said “few” months. I urge you to listen to it again. And it was not “to end terrorism” that he said.

41. whatwillbewillbe

April 14, 2015 at 4:31 pm

Yeah, GEJ was the President at the time of this unfortunate accident and he is still the President until May 29, 2015 and so it was and still remains his responsibility to protect those children, I however have some questions to ask
    1) Are people aware that this “horrible Government” and WAEC sef had said that they cannot guarantee the safety of the Students and that they should be moved to Maiduguri , I think to write the exams? Infact, WAEC did not even want to send their staff there oh to invigilate
    2) Are people aware that the Governor Shettima insisted that nothing will happen and the Students are safe, overriding the FG’s directive?
    3) Are people aware that even the Parents to these girl refused that their Kids write the Exams somewhere else and insisted that the kids write the Exams in Chibbok?
    Theses facts are everywhere na, they came during the height of the investigations. I’m not a parent yet, but during the heat before the elections were postponed, I know I was telling my siblings to ensure that they keep their Children home during the elections, despite the Government’s assurance oh. Now the worst has happened and suddenly everyone is blaming the Government, no one is mentioning Shettima. Please Oh, I know I am not the only one who can reason in the whole of Nigeria.
    This is not to fully vindicate GEJ, This is one of the areas where I wish he had done more, but I wish even more that we never had to get to this stage in the first place.
    GMB, biko do your best oh. If my memory is correct, you promised to find them within a month of taking over power.

42. Subomi

April 14, 2015 at 4:32 pm

It is sad but I’m not surprised,it’s 1 year now from when the chibok girls were taken.it seems to be a big problem to me that after that occurrence multitudes of women children have been abducted but everyone seems to focus on only 1 particular group. I am not surprised buhari has started giving several excuses even before he has been sworn in.i would not be surprised if there is no difference in the common mans way of life but I would like buhari to at least prosecute the looters of the economy . Excuses as usual,he has come to continue the cycle of the rich.i am so sad to live outside my country but unfortunately I cannot afford to live to a good standard at home because of their system of oligarchy. I pray for the peace of our lord Jesus Christ on the nation as a whole.it just doesn’t seem like there is a true way out

43. gbemi

April 14, 2015 at 4:55 pm

wow … Nigerians are so bitter .. am so surprised at all the comments here , its obvious we are the architects of our own misery , if educated people can write comments like those above .. little or no hope for this country, don’t people just sit down to think .. its over a year , do you guys think the girls would be sitting in one bush waiting for Buhari to rescue them or what ..dont you think some would have been killed while some would have even escaped .. and I think its time we start to support the incoming president and stop all this nonsense, before he says “A” you all are ready to jump on him , believe it or not , jump into the lagoon or canal BUHARI is going to be the president of this country for the next 4 years by the special grace of God. I really don’t understand why all some people just keep waiting for his downfall … i tire for nigerians and most of those commenting donut even live in nigeria ..imagine

• zibaintl

April 15, 2015 at 2:53 am

its pple like u dat encourage politicians to lie to d masses due to sentiments…chibok is apc central propaganda…he must bring d girls back

• Precious

April 15, 2015 at 8:40 pm

The way GEJ was hounded and held accountable, so will Buhari be too. He has opposition, dont forget that oh! What is good for the goose, is also good for the gander. No special treatment here. BTW, I’m a GEJ critic.

44. lola

April 14, 2015 at 5:16 pm

Some Gejites are still angry that an SSCE holder is now the president of Nigeria.Go on Soun Baba!

45. whatwillbewillbe

April 14, 2015 at 5:46 pm

*incident oh abeg. Also forgive the other typos hiding in my comment. Nobody should come at me sha, I was just thinking out loud. We’ve been hearing different conflicting reports about the whereabouts of these girls, me I just wish they are safe and can be brought back and rehabilitated. I truly don’t care who does the rescue. If they cannot be found, as is the most likely scenario, I pray for their parents and loved ones.

46. Anonymous

April 14, 2015 at 8:07 pm

if you were daft enough to believe that these invisible girls exist in the first place, then making excuses for Buhari not providing these girls he manufactured for his campaign trail makes you even dafter. If you could hate GEJ for sth so unconfirmed, then we must press this issue with Buhari. we cannot be encouraging him to lie to electorates, and call that change. This chibok issue was central to his campaign, so he must not backtrack now.

• Gbemi

April 14, 2015 at 10:15 pm

Dear anon , so you can even make get your point across without getting abusive .. That says a lot about you ..well let’s just assume that Buhari used the chibok girls kidnap for his campaign , how come you and your people including uncle Jonathan hasn’t come out to prove that since ? So if he knew that why didn’t he (president Jonathan ) tell us he would find the girls , when according to you, no girl was kidnapped ….just asking

• Gbemi

April 14, 2015 at 10:15 pm

*cant

47. BReal

April 14, 2015 at 9:44 pm

Suddenly it is unrealistic for Buhari to find the girls. But it was expected that Jonathan should find them. As at January, some people were still shouting #bringbackourgirls, now you all have realized they must have scattered.
    The cock just crowed.
    Like someone pinpointed, plenty women and children have been abducted even in recent times. Why are the Chibok girls the only talked about?
    Until Nigerians see the truth and face it, we will keep being game tools in the hands of politicians.

48. Esther Nky

April 15, 2015 at 10:22 am

hehehehehehehe, i laugh, una wey vote for buhari, ntoor nu.. why would a president elect be making speeches here n there whten GEJ is still in power, this is totally wrong of him. Number two, he should better bring those girls back, shebi una dey say GEJ no fit do anything but now buhari is saying he “MAY’ bring those girls back bla di bla, Number three, am sorry to say this , chibok girls neva existed, how is it possible for a state dt declared state of emergency, where movement is restricted still carried trucks of babes of out of the state and there was no form of security people around *suprised*. Buhari said that he would make GEJ governance unbearable and he did it n denied it, now he is saying that ” it is the blood of the baboons that would be shed”, i wanna ask this questions, who are the baboons? *sips tea*, let us see what Buhari’s governance would do….