Music

New Video: Burna Boy – Soke

Burna Boy - Soke - BellaNaija - May - 2015

Fresh visuals from the Don Gorgon!

Burna Boy has released the video to his recent single “Soke“.

The newly signed Universal Records artiste (Click here if you missed it) teams up with renowned video director, MattMax for the pictorials of the afro-beat tune.

Characterized by still scenes and high definition pictures, the video is sure to keep you engaged.

Watch!

1. nwa nna

May 2, 2015 at 7:33 pm

I’m digging this, you can definitely feel the originality & some Fela inspired verses. Different from the usual suspects

• Esora

May 3, 2015 at 4:42 pm

Burna boy is talented and heavily influenced by Fela. I think he said, his father played for fela.

• Anon

May 3, 2015 at 5:27 pm

His father? His maternal grandfather is the one with musical talent.

• Leo onos

September 15, 2015 at 3:41 am

His wall talented…. Luv u bro*

• Seriously

May 3, 2015 at 11:29 pm

This video and song is refreshing. I’m so tired of all these noise making artists and music about money and girl’s yansh. I wish, more naija artists will sing meaningful songs, where they are socially conscious. And they all sound alike too. I enjoy real music/artists, fela, onyeka, sunny Ade, Nneka, Brymo, Asa. Asa’s new album is dope. Please, check it out.

2. pabara

May 2, 2015 at 7:34 pm

Your number one fan..nice one

3. kina

May 2, 2015 at 7:42 pm

fineboi. I salute your ministry

4. MOUTH MOUTH

May 2, 2015 at 8:27 pm

THE GUY IS IS GOOD AND UNDERRATED. TOP 5

5. chi-e-z

May 2, 2015 at 8:55 pm

And this is how you turn a Video into a book. Give us a scene and let us play with it and manipulate to our stories in our head. Love in the vid it was a story not just about burna but fans aswell. Chill and tantalizing def. Burna mode activated. Burna & BOJ &Poe y’all do a track together would be something different.

• chi-e-z

May 2, 2015 at 9:06 pm

Just quick cool idea.. what if his words became animated and suspended like in the surroundings around him oh wait 2face sorta of did that but not how I’m envisioning it more like 3D animated words than 2D but menh that takes time that’ll probably take like 2weeks or more to create. Nice vid MattMax nice adaptation of ASA Fire on the Mountain vid …. less still but more everyday people rugged.

• Beeeee

May 2, 2015 at 10:27 pm

You must be a video director or something hoping to get noticed by Burna boy or some other musician ay? Not a bad thing o, I respect your hustle…cos i just told myself “what the heck is this person talking about”…lol….i wish you success….God bless your hustle

6. zill paul

May 2, 2015 at 11:28 pm

I still do not understand how this guy isn’t a more recognized artist than his peers(whizkid and davido) I mean his songs and videos are up to that par, but Nigerians rather appreciate noise making mediocrity

7. james kofi

May 3, 2015 at 7:26 am

nice visuals by burna boy ,man you always know the righr way to go.

8. Jan

May 3, 2015 at 8:27 am

Do not know the f*#* he’s saying but me and my roomies doing the rock away to dat mature African bass and treble. Tuneeeeeeeee!!! wat a voice.

9. June

May 3, 2015 at 12:37 pm

Been loving you longggggg time! LOVE IT!!!!!

10. tunmi

May 3, 2015 at 2:32 pm

Now this is a Fela inspired song not that nonsense WizKid did just snatching a rhyme and missing the point of the lyrics. I love the still images and the images from the dancers to the lady to everyone. The visuals are gorgeous

11. concerned

May 3, 2015 at 7:01 pm

Burna Boy has more talent in the cuticle of his little finger than Wizkid can ever aspire to have in his lifetime #dontcomeforme

12. nene

May 3, 2015 at 7:41 pm

burn boy always has a different vibe. i hope he goes far. he seems more original and different than most nigerian musicians.

13. mr chris

May 4, 2015 at 8:24 am

Now this what I call talent. I think burna has come to stay

14. moi

May 16, 2015 at 4:17 pm

enjoyed every second of video…nice one

15. bella

June 22, 2015 at 9:31 am

such a lovely sound. would love to know what the lyrics mean…can you guys please translate or give an idea of what the song is about please?

16. selma