News

Five People Die after Reportedly Eating Dog Meat at Popular Rivers State Inn

dreamstime_xl_32668208

Five people are said to have died in the Woji, Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of Rivers State after reportedly eating dog meat served at a popular inn.

According to Vanguard, an individual named Friday Dickson a.k.a Etiaba, was the one who cooked the dog meat.

The report further states:

Vanguard gathered that Etiaba had been in the area for a long time, running an inn where he cooks only dog meat in Mini-Woji Road at Woji Town.

Mr Brain Ogbondah, a member of the community, revealed that five people who ate the dog meat prepared by Etiaba, among others, had been confirmed dead some hours after eating the dog meat.

He said the situation has mounted tension in the community, resulting in an emergency meeting by the council of chiefs and elders, with a view to locating other members of the community who also ate the dog meat.

He said the suspect fled the community after the five people were confirmed dead.

Photo Credit: Travelling-light/Dreamstime.com

1. bruno FIERCE

June 3, 2015 at 7:56 am

why do people eat dog. pls educate us. is it sweet or something.

I just can’t imagine my self eating a german sheppard. HELL NO!!!!!!

• Olori Tari

June 3, 2015 at 8:53 am

Oh Bruno Fierce dog meat is actually the deal. Not that I’m a eater on that level but I can tell you about the goodness of it…for some people it’s culture. Of course, you wouldn’t know it’s a particular type of dog that’s there, all washed up nice and clean!

2. Juwon

June 3, 2015 at 8:15 am

Bingo’s Curse

3. dog lover

June 3, 2015 at 8:24 am

Barbaric stupid pple, I had wantd to say maybe it is poverty? But then these people actually PAY to eat dog meat, like they would regular beef.
    Anyway who am I to point a finger cuz I’m an unrepentant beef lover so I guess that makes me somewhat a barbarian. Cow or Dog, they all have to go thru the same torture and death to eventually be eaten. Sigh

Don’t know why but I feel ‘sorrier’ for a dog that has to go through that. May the souls of the dear departed thru the mercy of God rest in peace.

4. misspee

June 3, 2015 at 8:28 am

@Bruno you say german gini? The people I see in Port Harcourt eating this meat, like the local ones . They say it’s sweet and makes you perform well. I don’t gerrit

5. Fusion OAU

June 3, 2015 at 9:06 am

@Bruno: sad as it may sound, dog meat actually does have a great taste………….

6. natu

June 3, 2015 at 11:52 am

Why do some Nigerians love eating dogs? I am not even trying to e funny, I am just curious. Don’t come for me.

7. Rational

June 3, 2015 at 1:30 pm

I like eating dog meat, but is the local dog i use to eat bcos it taste. But it is pity to those one that died…

8. Rational

June 3, 2015 at 1:35 pm

I like eating dog meat, bcos it tasteful. I like the local dog, but is a pity to the dead ones…

9. peace

June 3, 2015 at 1:53 pm

dogmeat is sweet an it does not have infection I wounder y they die after eating it may there is sometimes be nett it

10. Mabel

June 3, 2015 at 3:16 pm

You learn something new everyday.

11. uguru

June 3, 2015 at 4:24 pm

not only the dog meat but they were also involved into drinking alcohol. and not five died but 14 have confirmed died rite now.

12. clems

June 3, 2015 at 5:17 pm

Well, I don’t kn wat to say about dis.

13. halia