Style

Inspired by Olumo Rock! View Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi’s Official “Rock Delight” Collection & Campaign

We’ve been waiting for this and now it’s finally here. It’s the AD campaign for eponymous fashion label Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi.

The images come to you alongside a lookbook for its Spring/Summer 2015 collection titled “Rock Delight“. Featuring pieces in red, green, pink, orange, purple and yellow created with silk, lace, traditional wax and velvet, the collection’s pieces have sharp silhouettes, strict forms and minimal cuts that all lead to a tale of Nigerian scenery. The collection was first showcased at Vogue Talents 2014 in Italy and later hit the runway at last year’s GTBank Lagos Fashion & Design Week.

According to the designer the collection is inspired by Olumo Rock located in Abeokuta (the largest city and capital of Ogun state, Nigeria). We love how this was represented with the different intricate variations of rock detailing that ranged from soft to bold on feminine and elegant pieces.

See campaign and collection images below;

Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi Rock Delight Campaign Images - BellaNaija - June20150017Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi Rock Delight Campaign Images - BellaNaija - June20150018 Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi Rock Delight Campaign Images - BellaNaija - June2015008 Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi Rock Delight Campaign Images - BellaNaija - June20150010 Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi Rock Delight Campaign Images - BellaNaija - June20150011 Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi Rock Delight Campaign Images - BellaNaija - June20150012 Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi Rock Delight Campaign Images - BellaNaija - June20150015 Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi Rock Delight Campaign Images - BellaNaija - June20150013 Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi Rock Delight Campaign Images - BellaNaija - June20150016 Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi Rock Delight Campaign Images - BellaNaija - June2015005 Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi Rock Delight Campaign Images - BellaNaija - June2015006 Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi Rock Delight Campaign Images - BellaNaija - June2015003 Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi Rock Delight Campaign Images - BellaNaija - June2015004 Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi Rock Delight Campaign Images - BellaNaija - June2015002 Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi Rock Delight Campaign Images - BellaNaija - June2015 Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi Rock Delight Campaign Images - BellaNaija - June2015001 Lanre Da Silva-Ajayi Rock Delight Campaign Images - BellaNaija - June2015007

Photo Credits
Art direction: Onyinye Fafi Obi (Instagram: @Onyinefafiobi)
Photographer: Silvia Dee (Instagram: @SilviaievaDee)
Styling: Ola Ebiti (Instagram: @OlaoluEbiti)
Styling Assistant: Emily Midwood (Instagram: @EmmiDWood)
Hair & Makeup: Vicky Alice
Models: The Purves twins & Majorie Prempeh

1. pinkie

June 9, 2015 at 12:45 pm

Ondo – Akure..

2. Queen of Everything

June 9, 2015 at 12:50 pm

Love the high-low dress and the orange midi.

3. minaj

June 9, 2015 at 12:53 pm

sigh ! Nothing interesting jor. That purple dress look so cheap as heck..Nigerian Designers, learn to invest in high quality fabrics oooo!!! note to these existing designers with the ”’ I already made the name gig ” if you don’ t bring out something interesting , these upcoming designers will kick you out of the show ! buckle up because they are not smiling rara

• Mama

June 9, 2015 at 1:43 pm

I agree 100%. Ugulllllyyyyy on every level. Very uninspiring. I am disappointed in LDA, she can do better.

4. Missy J

June 9, 2015 at 12:56 pm

Nothing exciting. #No beef#. She can still do better.

5. Rose

June 9, 2015 at 1:00 pm

Please give black models employment. If I can’t get employment with an African brand.

Where will I get employment? I understand you want to aim for an international exposure, however black does not mean local. It can also mean luxury.

• June

June 9, 2015 at 2:43 pm

Say it AGAIN!!!!! it seems to be like there is an increasing rise in that perception of “white” is every thing. Neocolonialism is REALLLLL.

• tunmi

June 9, 2015 at 8:32 pm

I swear to gawwwddddd???????

• nene

June 9, 2015 at 8:36 pm

gbam. i don’t understand

6. bruno FIERCE

June 9, 2015 at 1:02 pm

inspired by olumo rock ke? to me, this is very valentino, very dolce and gabbana inspired.

I love every single dress, bravo to you mr dasilva. you scored a 9 out of 10 (not enough black models thats why u scored a 9)

the problem is which female naija celeb can rock these clothes. all the female celebrities in nigeria want to dress and look like kim kardashian (trashy) smh

the dresses are so quirky and playful and colourful, and fun and hip and very modern.
    im so impressed. this is something cate blanchett or Rooney mara or even zooey deschanel would wear to a movie premiere. I love it

dear lanre da-silva ajayi pls do not loan/sell these clothes to just anybody. the last thing I want is to see someone like toke wearing one of these dresses. I will stab my heart.

• jayboogie

June 9, 2015 at 1:23 pm

lol, Rita Dominic already wore one of them to the 2015 AMVCA and she slayed !

• Polypoly

June 9, 2015 at 2:28 pm

ITK!!! Lanre is a lady not a Mr. Not enough black models??? Uhmm, she used only 3 ladies tho – white twin girls & the black model. This lookbook is probably for a certain target market, hence the model choices.

See u name dropping these White women like they are fashion goddesses but call our own naija women’s fashion choices trash. Ok kontinue!!
      U forgot that LDA’s #1 supporters have always been nigerian/african women & will continue to be. Americans/ Europeans will loan but wont buy. Michelle Obama sho doesnt pay to wear LDA either. Smh!!

• bruno FIERCE

June 9, 2015 at 3:10 pm

u do realize the “mr.” was a typing error right?

u are seeking my attention and validation, I won’t give it to u. beach

• Amiira

June 10, 2015 at 1:08 pm

Then DIE already. Very crude person you are

7. mer

June 9, 2015 at 1:07 pm

Lda,jbl,tan,ituen,aprilbykumbi,makioh,iconicinvanity(not sure i got that right),ejiro real naija drsigners, the others are noisemakers

8. mee

June 9, 2015 at 1:07 pm

lovely

9. Christian Sister

June 9, 2015 at 1:08 pm

Sigh. As usual, there’s nothing here, & I don’t even see the olumo rock reference honestly. LDS always escapes any form of designing by playing up with vibrant expensive prints. Most designs here are basic, and what we see everywhere. The fabrics are just the saving factor. If Lanre can see this, we want more designed pieces ma. Up the ante. Thank you.

10. Iris

June 9, 2015 at 1:19 pm

I think this is LDA’s best collection so far. I usually don’t like her stuff. Love it.

11. Tiki

June 9, 2015 at 1:26 pm

I love love love. Oh how I wish I knew how to get my hands on some of these fabrics.

12. MercyHer

June 9, 2015 at 1:49 pm

In as much as I respect LDA’s role in cementing African fashion on a global scale, this collection is not just IT. I know yes, a great designer has to have a distinct signature and all that and yes, LDA has that “When I see LDA I know” look. But when there is no innovation or extra pazzaz or even the slightest change from the direction of the last collection, it just comes out flat especially for those like me who really follow each and every step of these designers and their work. Fine, some of the pieces have shapes of small rocks but, Olumo Rock, puhleeze! LDA I love you anyways!

13. @edDREAMZ

June 9, 2015 at 1:54 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said..
    For them ladies….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

14. gurl_wendy

June 9, 2015 at 3:49 pm

These clothes are simply exquisite and beautiful, I’m very surprised people don’t think it is, I was expecting nicer comments and compliments,
    to me it’s simply elegant, fresh looking and beautiful.

15. me

June 9, 2015 at 5:06 pm

If we may all be truthful, the only unique thing about these collection is the fabric. My 10k designer slash tailor, does better than this.

Lanre are you sure of what inspired you? As for the white models, I care less, going by the economy, white people may be her customer base. Cash over sentiments.

As the head teacher always inscribed in our Report sheet….. Lanre needs to work harder on her creativity when it comes to design and craft. You are promoted to the next class.

16. Tatiana

June 9, 2015 at 7:01 pm

17. Tosin

June 9, 2015 at 7:06 pm

this designer always knows what she wants to do and does it. as usual, lovely. lovely vision.

18. tunmi

June 9, 2015 at 8:34 pm

I like the clothes, I can see Simi, Mocheddah, and even Temi Doll face rocking some of these. I do have an objection to the white models

19. nene

June 9, 2015 at 8:35 pm

and she has to use white models? smh

20. Ayoola

June 10, 2015 at 3:43 am

why will they say Olumo rock inspired when they are calling Spring/Summer…if you claim to represent naija pls represent us all the way…we dont designers that will put pale white girls in their photoshoots and will be hammering for naija market…me i dont get it o…if you’re Internationally based and you’re good i’ll buy you’re stuff…but dont start copying D&C and start form oMo Ogun…

21. Ayoola

June 10, 2015 at 3:44 am

why will they say Olumo rock inspired when they are calling Spring/Summer…if you claim to represent naija pls represent us all the way…we dont want designers that will put pale white girls in their photoshoots and will be hammering for naija market…me i dont get it o…if you’re Internationally based and you