National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) operatives yesterday arrested a Bureau De Change operator and five other suspected money laundering accomplices for swallowing $156,000 (approximately N31, 083, 000.00) at Excel Oriental Hotel along Airport Road, Lagos.
Vanguard reports that the six suspects were arrested in the hotel, as they were caught in the act swallowing the large sums of money with the intention of exporting $156,000 to Brazil.
Names of the suspects are as follows:
- Nwokenta Kingsley, 37, a Bureau de change operator, also known as Buchito
- Onwuasoanya Augustine Chukwuemeka, 54, who is based in Brazil
- Christian Okoli Ifor, 35, based in Brazil
- Nwokenta Emmanuel Maduakolam, 31
- Ezenwa Ikenna, 28, a specialist in wrapping
- Ezenwa Uzoma, 33, a hotel manager
NDLEA Commander, Joint Task Force (JTF) Adeniyi Muyiwa, told newsmen:
“Kingsley is suspected to have supplied $120,000 to be swallowed and illicitly exported to Brazil.
Onwuasoanya Augustine Chukwuemeka swallowed 74 wraps of dollars amounting to one hundred and eleven thousand ($111,000). Christian Okoli Ifor who resides in Brazil had forty-five thousand dollars which he wanted to swallow. Nwokenta Emmanuel who is the manager of Amazon Bureau de Change played a supportive role in the alleged crime. Ezenwa Ikenna was hired to wrap the money.”
Photo Credit: tribuneonlineng.com