News

South African Music Star gifts Mercedes Benz GL 63 AMG to his Nigerian Pastor

Rock of Victory SA
This is big news in South Africa right now. We know people regularly make huge donations and give significant gifts to their pastors here in Nigeria.

South African gospel star Sfiso Ncwane gifted a white AMG Mercedes-Benz GL 63 V8 to the head Pastor of the Rock of Victory Ministries International in Johannesburg – Reverend Francis O. Anosike.

The reason for the gift was to say thank you to the Pastor for praying for him as he was close to death after he had a heart attack.

Sfiso says he was not expected to survive and even his wife, Ayanda was told he wouldn’t live.

I was scared. I thought about the late Eddie Zondi, Vuyo Mbuli and Shakes Kungwane who did not survive their heart attacks but then Reverend Francis raced over to my home and prayed for me. It was those prayers that saw me through.

He told the Daily Sun South Africa,

I don’t even own such a car myself, but I have no problem with it. It is not important how much I give because it is worth nothing when compared to what God has done for me…I didn’t want the media to find out.

Rock of Victory SA 1Rock of Victory SA 3

Photo Credit: Rock of Victory – Facebook

1. Nx!!

September 18, 2015 at 9:45 am

Who ever wrote this article is very pathetic… the 1st paragraph just irritated me. You Nigerian always makes yourselve bigger and better, yet their country is a dump… this did makes headlines on few newspapers but it is not talk of the town like how you’re making it sound..

• ElessarisEllendil

September 18, 2015 at 10:03 am

We are bigger and better, problem???

Also the irony of you hating on us on a Nigerian site?????

• nX

September 18, 2015 at 10:13 am

Yes You’re bigger and better on wrong things like using the gospel for profit gains, drugs and 419 scams..

• Sylvie

September 18, 2015 at 10:08 am

Calm your titties hunt!!!. How did the first paragraph sound? Was the gifter a South African? Is he a gospel music star? Did he actually gift a car to a Nigerian pastor? If the answer to all these is yes then what exactly are you angry about? And how has BN made it the talk of the town? They are reporting it like the news it is just as I’m sure a few of your newspapers has reported it. I’m actually quite sick of non Nigerians who come here to spew nonsense. If you hate the country and it’s people so much, why are you then on a Nigerian site? Why don’t you go read news from your own country’s website? Oh wait.. that’s because there is nothing interesting happening in your own country. Please do me a favour and gerrarahere!

• Bella

September 18, 2015 at 11:17 am

why dey vex na, but yet here you are on BN, guess we are bigger and better, after all! SMDH

• Oma

September 18, 2015 at 11:25 am

Gerrahere Shit….
      its your soshanguve pastor that is still giving people snakes to swallow, what is misleading about this headline, did it or did it not happen. All you southafricans and your stupid hatred..Dont you have blogs over there.

• TIM

September 18, 2015 at 1:31 pm

Shut up

• lolarae

September 18, 2015 at 2:27 pm

Who is this non nigerian suffering from inferiority complex
      you think becasue yorubas and ibos jab each other you want to have a right to insult
      GET off

2. Tiki

September 18, 2015 at 9:48 am

Ok, so he thanked the pastor.

However, how has he shown gratitude to God who ACTUALLY healed him?

People stay getting their priorities mixed up.

• Idomagirl

September 18, 2015 at 11:10 pm

As far some are concerned, pastor = God.

3. ElessarisEllendil

September 18, 2015 at 10:05 am

“Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy,drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.
    Do not get any gold or silver or copper to take with you in your belts— no bag for the journey or extra shirt or sandals or a staff, for the worker is worth his keep.”: Jesus

No, this isn’t one of those fake internet quotes, Jesus actually said the above. Back in the good old days.

• Oluwalorami

September 18, 2015 at 11:14 am

@tiki also:

I appreciate zeal but honestly, please for your own personal growth and so as not to inadvertently cause damage to the Gospel of JESUS CHRIST and the advancement of HIS Kingdom on earth, please, please, take care to STUDY the Word of GOD and represent It rightly and in the entirety of applicable context and use, please.

I’m still learning every day but this is what I’ve always seen as well:

“And He (JESUS) said to them, “When I sent you out without money belt and bag and sandals, you did not lack anything, did you?” They said, “No, nothing.” And He said to them, “But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one. “For I tell you that this which is written must be fulfilled in Me,” Luke 22:36-37

“For it is written in the Law of Moses, “YOU SHALL NOT MUZZLE THE OX WHILE HE IS THRESHING.” God is not concerned about oxen, is He? Or is He speaking altogether for our sake? Yes, for our sake it was written, because the plowman ought to plow in hope, and the thresher to thresh in hope of sharing the crops. If we sowed spiritual things in you, is it too much if we reap material things from you?…” I Cor. 9:10-11

“The person who is taught the word should share all his goods with his teacher. NET Bible
      Now the one who receives instruction in the word must share all good things with the one who teaches it. Aramaic Bible in Plain English
      And let him who hears the word share in all good things with him who preaches to him.” Gal.6:6

“The elders who rule well are to be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who work hard at preaching and teaching. For the Scripture says, “YOU SHALL NOT MUZZLE THE OX WHILE HE IS THRESHING,” and “The laborer is worthy of his wages.”…” I Tim.5::17

NUMBERS 18 is particularly enlightening; GOD Himself is speaking and giving commandment about His priests, not only are the tithes and offerings for the upkeep of them and their families but HE even says “the best” of the people’s offerings are for their use::

“8-10 God spoke to Aaron, “I am personally putting you in charge of my contributions, all the holy gifts I get from the People of Israel. I am turning them over to you and your children for your personal use. This is the standing rule. You and your sons get what’s left from the offerings, whatever hasn’t been totally burned up on the Altar—the leftovers from Grain-Offerings, Absolution-Offerings, and Compensation-Offerings. Eat it reverently; it is most holy; every male may eat it. Treat it as holy.

11-13 “You also get the Wave-Offerings from the People of Israel. I present them to you and your sons and daughters as a gift. This is the standing rule. Anyone in your household who is ritually clean may eat it. I also give you all the best olive oil, the best new wine, and the grain that is offered to God as the firstfruits of their harvest—all the firstfruits they offer to God are yours. Anyone in your household who is ritually clean may eat it.

14-16 “You get every Totally-Devoted gift. Every firstborn that is offered to God, whether animal or person, is yours. Except you don’t get the firstborn itself, but its redemption price; firstborn humans and ritually clean animals are bought back and you get the redemption price. When the firstborn is a month old it must be redeemed at the redemption price of five shekels of silver, using the standard of the Sanctuary shekel, which weighs twenty gerahs.

17-19 “On the other hand, you don’t redeem a firstborn ox, sheep, or goat—they are holy. Instead splash their blood on the Altar and burn their fat as a Fire-Gift, a pleasing fragrance to God. But you get the meat, just as you get the breast from the Wave-Offering and the right thigh. All the holy offerings that the People of Israel set aside for God, I’m turning over to you and your children. That’s the standard rule and includes both you and your children—a Covenant-of-Salt, eternal and unchangeable before God.”

21-24 “I’m giving the Levites all the tithes of Israel as their pay for the work they do in the Tent of Meeting.”

JESUS’ ministry was financed by women such as Joanna, Susannah, even in (temporary) death, his burial was financed by wealthy Joseph the Aramean; Paul the Apostle’s letters are replete with evidence and communication from him to the various churches and congregations showing that they financially supported him, and certain people were known and commended for financing the church and the apostles work such as Lydia and Phoebe. GOD does not need material things and our offerings in Heaven but HE has chosen to set up the system of worship that HE has set up and any quarrel should therefore be with HIM directly.

And no, I’m not a pastor neither married to or dating one, nor are any of my siblings pastors or married to pastors, neither were my late parents, nor do I count any pastors amongst my close friends.

• ElessarisEllendil

September 18, 2015 at 1:14 pm

?????? A+++ for effort, personally I disagree with you, I believe Preachers/Priests should live less ostentatiously, taking the example of Jesus himself. Also using the old testament to justify doctrine, raises a lot of awkward issues, equivalent to a Catholic championing crusades. Finally my church survived the reformation and went through the counter-reformation, I guess I just find it sad that modern day Protestants have regressed back to the very things Martin Luther and the Reformers railed against, but then the College of Cardinals predicted it. I respect your views however.

• Oluwalorami

September 18, 2015 at 6:57 pm

“Joseph the Arimathean”.

• GbemieO

September 18, 2015 at 11:39 am

So if he had given his pastor the gift, the pastor should have said no? Don’t forget mary magdalene also gifted very, expensive perfume by breaking it nd using it to wash Jesus feet……..my point is if he wants 2 give a gift 2 his pastor he is allowed, it is not a sin the only sin would be if the pastor had prayed for him and expected such payment from him in return, that is what your quote was referring to.

4. queen

September 18, 2015 at 10:47 am

Haha @NX hi hater!!!!. The man is giving back. People like you will talk but the moment you have a chance to get with a Nigerian man you will RUN to him. Let him appreciate his pastor. Na your money? Oh that translates to “is it your own money”

5. Le coco

September 18, 2015 at 12:07 pm

Now that I’m reading this news.. I guess it’s no big deal.. but I hope home boy ddnt empty his bank account tor give gift oo. Hian… Sha.. We thank god for your life….

6. Le coco

September 18, 2015 at 12:09 pm

Biko bia @NX what’s the big deal.. like why r you so vexed… Please dont raise your blood pressure.. If not pastor will come nd pray for you..

7. red

September 18, 2015 at 1:59 pm

…and this is news because??

8. ATL's finest

September 18, 2015 at 4:04 pm

3 things I don’t indulge in Politics, Religion and Sexual Orientation.. Too early to argue so let me just read comments and laugh all day.

9. Tunmi

September 18, 2015 at 6:31 pm

But he doesn’t have a car? Will he be changing his diet or incorporating exercise into his lifestyle? How about knowing his blood pressure or a regular checkup? Cholesterol levels nko?

10. yinda

September 18, 2015 at 7:21 pm

Hummm!!! You don’t want the media to find out, however the news is everywhere including blog sites and more.