Who will be the nation’s next ministers? September is almost coming to an end, and Nigerians are expectant, as President Buhari promised that all ministers will be named before the end of the month.
According to Vanguard, the Department of State Service (DSS) has completed a screening process for some of the ministerial nominees.
The nominees reportedly screened are:
- Former presidential candidate, Pat Utomi
- Femi Falana (SAN)
- Former governor of Osun State, Olagunsoye Oyinlola
- Ex finance commissioner in Lagos State, Wale Edun
- Former Managing Director of Nigerian Breweries Limited, Festus Odimegwu
- Abubakar Malami (SAN)
- Ex Chief of Army, Lt.-Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazu (retd.)
- Former chief executive of the Federal Inland Revenue, Ifueko Omoigui-Okaru
The report further states:
A source very close to the presidency who pleaded anonymity that the aforementioned nominees had appeared before the DSS for their screening at the weekend.
However, the nominees are yet to give any confirmation on the supposed screening which may not be far-fetched from the fact that appointments of this nature are treated cautiously in the official circle.
It was gathered that no fewer than 20 nominees had been so far screened by the DSS operatives since the exercise started.