Features

“Niggydip, Forever in Our Hearts” – Read the Emotional Tribute by the Friends of Oladipo Egbedeyi As He is Laid to Rest

BellaNaija.com

Dipo and FriendsWhen someone you love passes away, there’s a vacuum created by their death. The pain runs deep and the emotions bubble over. Thirty-year old Samson Oladipo Egbedeyi passed away and will be laid to rest today, the 27th of October.

On this day, that they have to do something no friend should ever have to do, Tomide Makanjuola, Oluwasanmi Ope-Ogungbo and ‘Tunde Ademuyiwa have written a tribute to the man they all fondly referred to as “Niggydip”

We pray for fortitude to bear the loss. Please read the tribute below:

***

30 years ago, a legend was born! Samson Oladipo Egbedeyi aka Niggydip. He was the pride of the Egbedeyi clan.

He lived a tremendously vibrant life. He was charming, passionate, ambitious, and the life of the party. Thick dark clouds of sorrow filled our hearts when the surreal news of his death on Monday, broke on Tuesday morning.

Niggydip’s wedding next year was meant to be the biggest party ever, bringing all of us back together, but death chose to take him away from us. This keeps the questions coming. How? Why? What happened? What would the world be without Niggydip? These and many other questions flooded the minds of many with no answers, leaving us with pain, grief and the guilt of what we could have done if we knew he would leave so soon. These questions disturb us but Niggydip would not allow it eat us up, so he left with us memories that transcends time.

Oando NiggydipNiggydip had an amiable mien. Back in school at the Faculty of Engineering Unilag, Niggydip had a unique connection to several. He did not care how “cool” we were, how smart or not we were, what we had or did not have. He was the loved in every clique.

Niggydip taught us, inspired us, saved us, loved us, listened to us, defended us, protected us and made us laugh. Dipo wasn’t a clown, but he knew exactly what to say, what to do to get people out of their misery.

Dipo had his stories. We called them dodo. Dodo because they were just so improbable that we sometimes can’t help but doubt them. At the same time, we knew that if there’s one person in the whole world that can be the subject of those stories, it’s Niggydip.

Niggydip and FamilyNiggydip had an extraordinary capacity to care for others. Niggydip is that guy that while stuck in traffic, notices a danfo filled with sad looking faces, calls a boy hawking gala, and buys gala for all the passengers. He is the guy whose phone got snatched in traffic, jumps out of the car, runs after the thief, and starts shouting “Egbon e ma binu”, he hails the guy until he got his phone back.

He is the guy who when asked for direction, allowed strangers in his car, drove them to the event they were heading to, and partied with them. In Lagos! He is the guy one meets once, and one never forgets. You can hardly find Niggydip sad. We all have our low moments but he never showed his. I guess he was just too busy helping others fix theirs.

Fine boy niggyHis drive powered by his impeccable confidence was next to none. It is amazing how he could be so confident without being cocky. He saw opportunities everywhere. Unlike most of us, he went after them. Niggydip is the person that showed up at an interview he was not even shortlisted for, and leaves with the job in his pocket. He was very successful, I mean very successful. He had an amazing career at Oando. At work, he was such a performer. Doubled well as a team leader and team player, he made work fun.

He is the guy that showed up at a company end-of-the-year-event in a complete Iron Man costume.
Niggydip iron man
And he upped the ante the year after showing up as Fela Anikulapo Kuti, complete with the dancers and the saxophone.
Niggydip was the guy with the world at his feet, who at 30, was already a legend.
Niggydip Fela

We can’t even claim to comprehend what his family is going through right now. We watched Niggydip’s dad gently rub his hands on his pictures. It was heart breaking. Praz (Funsho) has somehow managed to keep it together, but only on the surface. Dayo has consoled some of us, when we could not keep the tears from flowing. Keji, your only sister, must be devastated. We shared Niggydip’s stories with his mom. For a moment, her spirit appeared lifted. Our thoughts are with Seye. We know Niggydip loved her. We pray that somehow, God grants his family the fortitude to bear this loss and the strength to move on.

We will continue to talk about Niggydip for the rest of our lives. Niggydip achieved in 30 years, what most will not in 80. Because of that, we celebrate his life. Even as we celebrate, we mourn for today, for a year, for as long as it takes. We also know Niggydip is looking down from heaven, with a smile on his face, willing us to focus on being the best representation of ourselves and move on. So we will try, as we continue to share his stories, and as we continue to be inspired by them.

Heaven has called upon you Oladipo Samson Egbedeyi, leaving so many words left to say. Now it is too late, for your time has come, words unspoken; we are sure everybody has some. Regrets and wishes are probably there too, but lasting forever are memories of you. However, henceforth we shall choose to speak of you in present tense as you remain forever in our hearts.

Forever in our hearts is not just a cliché for us. It is a creed we know everyone who ever knew him will keep.

1. mg

October 27, 2015 at 6:47 am

May his soul rest in peace

2. jummy

October 27, 2015 at 7:13 am

rip niggydip..i lost a frend yestaday…i knw hw ur family nd frends feels

3. kanyin

October 27, 2015 at 7:14 am

O my God… this gave me goose bumps and brought tears to my eyes. may his soul rest in peace. And I pray that the Holyspirit comforts his friends and family.

4. Idomagirl

October 27, 2015 at 7:25 am

Incredibly sad. May his soul RIP.

5. Ever Green

October 27, 2015 at 7:53 am

May his soul rest in peace!

6. vikky

October 27, 2015 at 7:55 am

My goodness, I knew this guy oh..and his family, spent the night at their house for a family wedding party yet as ago! The nicest people ever and he was really fun as described by his friends..father please console Funsho, Keji and parents. Rip dipo..so sad

7. Mizzy

October 27, 2015 at 8:00 am

Hmmmmm, so many pple wit gud souls av bin lost.. its reli heartbreaking dt such a young guy hd 2 leave dis soon, we cant understand Gods reason bt we knw his plans 4 us r 4 gud. May he Rest in peace n may God grant his family d strength 2 go tru dis pain.

8. imon

October 27, 2015 at 8:00 am

Rip bro, keep shining ??

9. Kuchey

October 27, 2015 at 8:06 am

Niggywhaaat?!!! NiggyDODO!!! Forever in our hearts bro…. Niggydip lives on… RIP brother..

10. Omobobo

October 27, 2015 at 8:26 am

God’s got you Bro.. Everyone you ever touched will miss you. You were a great person and you’ll never be forgotten. Will miss you Bro.
    ??

11. kk

October 27, 2015 at 8:26 am

May his soul rest in peace. Amen

12. Yala

October 27, 2015 at 8:30 am

Rest on my bro.

13. Ade

October 27, 2015 at 8:31 am

God rest your pure and beautiful,till we meet Again

14. An2ie

October 27, 2015 at 8:33 am

The pictures tell so much more than a thousand words can . What a lovely guy! I will miss ur teases Niggydip.. sleep well my friend and just so you know, one of the things you did so right is picking the best group of friends . We all celebrate you! Niggydip!!!! You already know!!!!…..

15. Tito

October 27, 2015 at 8:34 am

Niggydip was always the life of the crowd. Never a dull moment with him around. His attitude, his confidence, his character, his playfulness made people wonder who he was. That great guy with the big heart, lots of energy and a huge spirit. Farewell @goatofgambia. May you rest peacefully and eternally in the Lord.

16. Phaloy Jr

October 27, 2015 at 8:41 am

Tide and market come and go
    A brother gone is painful
    RIP Niggydip aka DODO !!
    God knows best, Love you bro
    God is Kind.

17. Delphine

October 27, 2015 at 8:42 am

Till we meet again Dipo…
    We all miss you sorely.
    Rest easy Niggydip.

18. Olumideterry

October 27, 2015 at 8:43 am

Niggydodo ?. I will miss you mehn. May God comfort your wonderful family

19. Olatunde

October 27, 2015 at 8:48 am

I ll miss you niggydip. Rest in peace

20. Paul Babalola

October 27, 2015 at 8:50 am

R.I.P. I don’t know him but from this glowing tribute, death has snatched a rare gem. May his rest in perfect peace.

21. sanya emilola. ( spanyo)

October 27, 2015 at 8:51 am

This is d guy dat thot me neva think of impossibilities, everything is possible.. My day one niggy.. U gave me that name #spanyo and with that, i giv glory to God that each time this name is been called, it will surely bring memories of u.. To think of it, d day u gave me that name, i wasn’t happy with it buh i got over it, now this name as achieved alot.. R.I.P. To my guy Niggdip Omogidi ti ko shey paror…

• KOOBAH

October 27, 2015 at 5:29 pm

BABA WEREEH????? WETIN UR NAME ACHIEVE???? SPANYOHGOOH

• anonymous

October 27, 2015 at 10:13 pm

Wow well said

22. kachi

October 27, 2015 at 8:51 am

Rest well Niggydip! When one who was so full of life passes we are forced to reexamine ours and life today like theres no tomorrow.
    Pray that God will give your loved ones the strength to bear this great loss!

23. Dapo

October 27, 2015 at 8:57 am

Forever in our hearts! Till we meet again bro rest in peace

24. Lola

October 27, 2015 at 8:59 am

You’ll forever remain in our hearts Dipo. Rest in peace.

25. Etinosa

October 27, 2015 at 9:03 am

Rest in peace niggydip. You would be missed

26. Abiodun

October 27, 2015 at 9:07 am

Niggydip truly exceptional, rest on bro…u will forever be missed.

27. Dipo

October 27, 2015 at 9:08 am

Niggydip! Forever bro! Love you…

28. Yetunde

October 27, 2015 at 9:09 am

r.i.p niggydip, I didn’t know him personally, but his death touched me more than I expected…my prayers are with Seye and his family, may God console them and give them the fortitude to bear the loss.

29. Kemi

October 27, 2015 at 9:12 am

Still no words….RIP Dipo. God be with you Seye

30. Presley

October 27, 2015 at 9:16 am

Rest In Peace Dipo, Our brother, friend and Mentor.

31. Temitayo

October 27, 2015 at 9:17 am

RIP darling friend… Always n forever in my heart..

32. Osasodia1

October 27, 2015 at 9:19 am

This is sad. Rest in Peace!!! Oladipo Samson Egbedeyi.
    May your family n loved ones receive the grace of strenght to bear this great loss, amen.

33. Folabi

October 27, 2015 at 9:21 am

Rest in peace brother….

34. Abraham West

October 27, 2015 at 9:22 am

RIP Brother.So sad. You were loved by almost everyone. A peoples’ person. God bless your family and may you rest well in the bossom of the Lord..

35. Ceecee

October 27, 2015 at 9:25 am

I could go on forever about how great a person you are, you truly are one of a kind. RIP my dear friend. Lord knows best.

36. no heart to hate

October 27, 2015 at 9:26 am

So Sad. May his soul find eternal rest, and may God comfort his family that are left behide

37. BOOMZ

October 27, 2015 at 9:33 am

Words actually failed me!

38. Oreke

October 27, 2015 at 9:36 am

Sun Re Ooooo…

39. funmi

October 27, 2015 at 9:36 am

Rip Dipo , may God grant u eternal rest…

40. Nancy Oge

October 27, 2015 at 9:38 am

i really donr know this guy but my eyes is wet with tears of sorrow for such a rare gem and fun filled person have been snatched by the hands of death. wow. i just feel i knew him only by reading the touching words of his friends. wat has death done to this priceless fellow. #sad#tears#

41. Bobosteke & Lara Bian

October 27, 2015 at 9:38 am

I actually read this and laughed all through. Especially his chasing after the person who snatched his phone in traffic shouting “egbon ema binu” (bros no vex!). Seems like such a charming person to have lived.

Can’t help feeling like he might have known he didn’t have a lot of time and he sucked each breathe and made them count. A reputable craze person. You shall be sorely, sorely missed.

• PurpleiciousBabe

October 27, 2015 at 1:06 pm

I agree….
      I have learnt one or two things about him.
      LIVE. LIVE. LIVE.
      Learn to see the good in everything.

Right now, I think I am NUMB. I realised life can be easily snatched away. I am NUMB because I have kept my emotions away. This is because this weekend I was involved in an accident that could have resulted into a far more worse situation. I was completely HYSTERICAL when it happened. I cant BLAME anyone but instead focus on the TESTIMONY .. I saw the hand of GOD that made me feel there is nothing to worry about. He is truly in a better place,
      So yeah you have to be NUMB at times although not healthy. This is why some people dont react to bad NEWS.

What happened to him?

42. Meah

October 27, 2015 at 9:43 am

“…teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom”.
    Rest in peace Dipo. Rest in God’s perfect peace.

43. Tee

October 27, 2015 at 9:50 am

Seriously this life is just somehow. I remember that day we hit one man’s car. You left your own car papers so that the man will let us go and you will sort it out. RIP Dipo

44. Rhanty

October 27, 2015 at 9:53 am

RIP NiggyDodo Stay Happy

45. bisisexy

October 27, 2015 at 9:54 am

I don’t know him, but I read every ting, feel so bad for his fiance,loosing dis kind of guy in naija, where so many naija guys act opposite of nigidipp,am also a very nice person like niggy dipp,i always walk ilasa bridge looking for real burn victims to help take to my family doctor,bcos my grand mum, who I loved,was once a victim,do u know I want to open an NGo for women that are pregnant, but aren’t sure of what to do, bcos am tired of see ing new born kids on linda ikeja blog, born in d streets and abandoned in nylons,every body I told my idea said I Shld not do it,dat d women will exploit me, but my argument is a man tricked dem to impregnate dem,and dis same men don’t want babe’s dat have a kid already,or marry baby mama’s mayb dats y d ladies are ashamed, dipo was kind and nice and handsome,some pple don’t like nice pple, it’s very crazy, but life is crazy, may his soul rest in peace

• okegbolu funmilayo

October 27, 2015 at 2:48 pm

Pls follow ur heart*sobs*am a single mother and I know what it takes ………….pls render help to dose u can reach

• elijah

October 29, 2015 at 3:50 pm

hi Bisi…i also wana be of help to the poor and needy.although i dont the means for now. but i hVE THE heart and the time to be of help…probably anytime you going for a volunatary social work ..pls u can call on me…keep doing good..my emAIL IS [email protected]..

#PEACE

46. Debola

October 27, 2015 at 9:56 am

RIP Niggydip.. You were a great man. You were loved but God loves you more. May God grant your family the fortitude to bear the loss. Still so surreal

47. Cindy

October 27, 2015 at 9:58 am

Rip

Been seeing this all over. What happened to him?

48. Chinelo

October 27, 2015 at 10:05 am

Niggydip we will miss you. God knows best, we know u r in a special place with our Father. May your vibrant soul rest in perfect peace.

49. Flakkyls

October 27, 2015 at 10:08 am

Keep resting dear.. Keep resting….

50. Bimbo

October 27, 2015 at 10:11 am

Dipo was my friend. My younger brother but my friend. He knew he was going I’d like to think. He knew. He called me that Monday and as I was busy saying Dipo why you dey call my personal line na..he said am just checking up on you jare Bimbo. And we spoke for a while. I am so glad i picked your call Dipo. So glad. I will miss you my friend.

51. dotun

October 27, 2015 at 10:12 am

Barely knew u personally, but i could tell you were a shining star but somehow heaven needed you more. May God grant your loved ones the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss.Rest well

52. Yusuf Asunmo

October 27, 2015 at 10:14 am

Well, Niggydip. Seeing smiles on his friends faces anytime he is around them and the smile he carries about, made me belief the stories about him. RIP omogidi.

53. Food Assasin

October 27, 2015 at 10:15 am

if he had all these qualities wow i am really happy such cud be said after his demise, may your soul be with the lord…

54. Yetyne

October 27, 2015 at 10:19 am

RIP Dipo, may God grant your loved ones the fortitude to cope with your loss.

55. egie

October 27, 2015 at 10:32 am

I met. Niggydip about a year ago not physically but over the phone through his brother praz…and just like praz even more he was so full of life…we never met physically, but we had a deal and to my surprise he fulffilled his end of the bargain…..he had beauty in his heart….R.I.P niggydip

56. ferrari

October 27, 2015 at 10:35 am

incredibly beautiful….this got me wondering what people will say about me when i die! He may not have lived long but he definitely lived a full life and touched many people.

57. femi

October 27, 2015 at 10:37 am

There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in our hearts. RIP bro.

58. Ani

October 27, 2015 at 10:40 am

So Sad. What killed him?

59. Titilayo Oriolowo

October 27, 2015 at 10:42 am

RIP Dipo, may the Almighty grant you eternal rest.

60. sylvia

October 27, 2015 at 10:44 am

I really don’t know you,but rest in pece

61. Caxton-Martins

October 27, 2015 at 10:48 am

Today we lay to rest one of ours. A lot of good things to say about Niggydip. Never a dull moment when with Dipo. I’ll miss you Bro. Till we meet again. Continue frying your dodo in heaven.

62. Ogbeni T.A

October 27, 2015 at 10:55 am

Niggydip, omo gidi, rest in peace brother… You will be missed

63. Ninyo

October 27, 2015 at 10:56 am

Dipo.. Met u two months ago nd u did nthn but mke me laff… nd fr dt am grateful.. u made. a joke outta everytn… I remember aw I burnt ur rug, nd I buzzed u to tell u nd u replied”Aww. You don’t have to be. Here just follow this link. yellowpages.net.ng/search.php?q=carpet+%26+rug+dealers&l=Kaduna” nd I just laffed out loud…. You lived a gud Life! I pray heaven gives u a grand welcomin as u r being given to mother earth tday, m sure u goin to Lite heaven up with ur incredible sense of humor nd I pray God comforts ur entire family and financee. Rest in peace Niggydip…

64. Nanya

October 27, 2015 at 10:57 am

I never met him but he Made my service in lagos possible … I just want to celebrate you cos u made my year of service a happy one…To b genuine isn’t easy in lagos but u were..Tnk you once again and may your gentle soul rest in peace?

• Rip Dipo

October 27, 2015 at 11:27 pm

Me too. I never met him but we spoke over the phone. He helped repost me to Lagos before orientation. He was such a funny guy. RIP Niggydip.

65. Akande Temitope Paul

October 27, 2015 at 10:58 am

Niggydip, you will forever be missed, life is certainly a mystery…. Prayers to your family. Rip bro…

66. Anonymous

October 27, 2015 at 10:59 am

If i die today, I would definitely want to be remembered like this. He lived his life to the fullest, and did not let the hardship of Nigeria put him down. Doubt if we ever met in Uni, but it would have been an honor if we did. Rest in Peace Niggydip

67. sass

October 27, 2015 at 11:11 am

Niggydip. Ah this life is just a joke. The dodo stories are so true. I met Niggydip through one of his friends and we became fast friends. He once gave me a story of how his phone fell in the toilet, he saved the phone put it in a bag of rice but alas the phone never came on. I was like niggy which kind tori be this.
    He was the funniest person ever. God grant his family the fortitude to bear this loss.

68. Adesoye oni

October 27, 2015 at 11:27 am

Wow…. The tribute and comments ring true to all d few times we ever met. Quite hard to think that you are gone but thankful for the bright spot you left in people’s hearts…. Keep shining…

69. Kofo

October 27, 2015 at 11:29 am

Rest in heaven now brother.

70. Fola Agboola

October 27, 2015 at 11:33 am

RIP brother. Feel bad for not keeping in touch for a while. A little to late for that now, but I know you are in a better place. You are not dead, you only moved on.

71. Ademola

October 27, 2015 at 11:36 am

Niggydip. May your soul rest in peace. I have never met with you but heard about you and the comments from your friends surely tell me more about you. Innalillahi wa Inna Ilayhi Rajiun – Happy for you that you died with all these good qualities of a good person – May Allah Reward you accordingly. Others learn from this not just to read and forget ( emulate good deeds).

72. LucyLou

October 27, 2015 at 11:41 am

He must have been such a great guy. Such a big loss. Nothing is being said about what killed him. How did it happen? May he RIP.

73. abiolasanni

October 27, 2015 at 11:52 am

I dnt know u niggydip buh u were a pal to a friend of mine,seeing ur chats together on her dp it’s obvious u r a great guy and also wit dis tribute by ur friends I can’t help mysef to stop laughing and at d same time to stop crying,u r indeed a rare gem,gud people dnt lastlong buh bad people do,may GOD comfort ur family,friends,loved ones and ur fiancee amen.its so sad continue to rest in d bossom of d lord amen sun re ooo

74. Skellyman kola

October 27, 2015 at 12:17 pm

May his perfect gentle soul rest in peace. May thy Lord console the family and friends for this great lost.

75. EniolaDGreat

October 27, 2015 at 12:18 pm

I related with Dipo a few times and we had a cordial relationship. He was a year ahead of me in engr but I can say with certainty that this article is precise and accurate. He was such a jolly good fellow. May GOD not allow green trees to keep falling down in Jesus Name… Amen. My heart felt sympathy to his family and fiancée. JESUS!

76. Mzmeenat

October 27, 2015 at 12:53 pm

Can’t hold the tears,may the lord grant you enternal rest.

77. Eka odee

October 27, 2015 at 1:07 pm

Dipo l do not know you but l can feel the.pains of your friends and . love ones. May your kind and.loving soul rest.in.perfect. peace. May the God of comfort, comfort his parents, his friends, his fiancee and all colleagues and family members in Jesus Name. Amen.

78. Ezinne

October 27, 2015 at 1:58 pm

Even if I do not know you, but may your soul rest in perfect peace and in the blossom of the lord NiggyDip. May the good lord grant your family, your fiancee and friends the strength to bear through this time. Rest on DIPO.

79. Adaeze Writes

October 27, 2015 at 2:00 pm

So touching a tribute. He seems to be a very warm and beautiful person. May his gentle soul rest in God’s bosom. Amen

80. Zaynab

October 27, 2015 at 2:17 pm

RIP Niggydip.

81. Kpoobari Bekee (KOBY)

October 27, 2015 at 2:45 pm

Back then in Ozolua at Unilag we talked a few times, When i heard about his death, the picture that came to my memory was his smiles, he was always very happy and lively any time i saw him. NIGGYDIP, truly you affected the lives of everyone you came across positively. Rest in Peace Bro

82. aitasweet

October 27, 2015 at 2:55 pm

I have friends that knew him and it’s easy to see how loved he was. My heart felt condolences to your loved ones. RIP

83. tHE cmK

October 27, 2015 at 2:58 pm

The soul that has gone was 4 sure a great one. RIP our brother, friend.

84. Wikitee

October 27, 2015 at 3:03 pm

Wow, this just seems so surreal Dipo was always happy, full of life, a go getter. U lived a good life, you left a good Legacy and you touched lives.. May God give your family, fiancee, friends the fortitude to bear this loss.Niggydip, Comport, Niggydodo, Sun re o

85. Dapo Egunwale

October 27, 2015 at 3:20 pm

….This particular tribute sums it all up. Res in peace great man.

86. okey

October 27, 2015 at 3:22 pm

He was a true frnd and brother for years…..and will surely be for years to come..

87. mosdef

October 27, 2015 at 3:43 pm

why do the good ones have to die………… just so they good get to heaven early……. Rest on niggydip

88. Moyo

October 27, 2015 at 3:43 pm

Dipo, I never met you but I know Seye your fiancee, may your soul rest in peace. I pray that God will console your parents, Seye and your siblings. This is so sad

89. Dee

October 27, 2015 at 4:27 pm

Met you just 2ce .Although we have mutual friends , u just made it seem like I had know u all my life. The world just lost a great gem…….thank God u impacted lives.

90. Annie

October 27, 2015 at 4:31 pm

Rest in Heaven!

91. Bukola

October 27, 2015 at 4:49 pm

Rest in peace Dipo.

92. Oluwayomi Obadina

October 27, 2015 at 4:51 pm

I am honored and blessed to have known you mate. You were truly a blessing and you will be missed. My condolences, & may your gentle soul rest in peace.

93. RoyalPriest

October 27, 2015 at 5:06 pm

My number one fan right from secondary schl. All I can say is il miss your words of encouragement and your sunday sunday after service hug. Niggydip baba! Il miss u. Bless ur soul

94. Eka odee

October 27, 2015 at 5:25 pm

From now on and until your parents will see Christ in glory, l pray that they will never know sorrow again in Jesus Name Amen.
    I pray for all parents, may they not lose their children. Dipo may your sweet and happy soul rest.in peace.

95. Anonymous

October 27, 2015 at 5:31 pm

Continue to rest in the bosom of our Lord Jesus Christ!..

96. KOOBAH

October 27, 2015 at 5:38 pm

BABA mi…… I no know wetin to type ” Brother miiiii “GBAYI”

97. Opsy

October 27, 2015 at 6:17 pm

May his soul find eternal rest, amen!

98. Ogidanjide

October 27, 2015 at 6:24 pm

A great guy with a large heart, a playful and yet brainy dude….memories flow of how well u touched lives ,put smiles to faces and named people after what they looked like or situations around…fondly, how u named me “auto-tuck in”… Ampliclox ..ogiwhaaattt! , how u sparked up a dare to a 20 meat pie eating competition at sodeinde hall also a 15 indomie eating competition…..really u were full of life…never a dull moment with you…rest on brother…

99. oluwafunmilayo oleribe

October 27, 2015 at 6:27 pm

Every time I get news of someone’s death, I say a silent prayer and just rearrange my life….for you I have prayed,for you I hope I will always remember to pray and be kind irrespective of the heart of man because ‘dipo,u lived so that people will remember to love you and themselves….. Your life in one word? LOVE.

100. Ilori

October 27, 2015 at 7:02 pm

Great guy , great friend. Niggydip the legend. Rest well brother

101. bee

October 27, 2015 at 7:06 pm

Hmmm….this is soo painful!! RIP.

102. Akinwole

October 27, 2015 at 7:12 pm

Must have been a really special man. Good testimonies about him everywhere. Sleep in the Lord bro. You are in a better place.

103. Amaka

October 27, 2015 at 7:46 pm

Rest in peace, Niggydip?

104. Beejay

October 27, 2015 at 7:56 pm

Well I don’t know him personally but this stories about him and the tribute generally only mean one thing and that is,he was whose life even though short was well spent and well dedicated to humanity …My prayer is for God to grant him eternal rest In His bossom ..RIP

105. cc

October 27, 2015 at 7:58 pm

This is a time for everyone to reflect on their lives… The questions is “if you die today,how many good stories will be written about u?” I dunno this dude but I am smiling and also happy he lived a cheerful life… My deepest sympathy to his family n fiancé, I can imagine how they would have all turned up for that wedding.. As they say God knows Best.. RIP Niggydip!

106. Oludayo

October 27, 2015 at 8:05 pm

Rest In Peace bruv!

107. Talabi Olarewaju

October 27, 2015 at 8:10 pm

Death is Never The End Dipo. REST IN PERFECY PEACE HOMMIE!!!

108. Afonzo

October 27, 2015 at 8:16 pm

Rip Niggydip.

109. Nick Ogbodo

October 27, 2015 at 8:37 pm

Ver very sad and painful. Dipo was a good cool and focused guy. May his soul rest in peace. Good night

110. 10e

October 27, 2015 at 8:39 pm

Dipo, because of you, SS 2H was the best class I ever found myself.The pain of not having you around is excruciating. …….I remember how you used to encourage me to “dust” the cane…..how you made me a lover of kirk franklin songs and the different tracks you brought to school for me..
    I also remember the days of NITEL and how myself and my cousin spoke with you for the longest hours……I never believed that the next time I would see you would be in your casket…..It hurts to lose you……I just can’t help but think about you every minute….You are a shinning star because even in death, you still shine…..you will be greatly missed.while there may be life’s unanswered questions, we take solace in the fact that the most high who loved you first has called you up yonder…I pray God comforts your family and fiancee..I’m sure the angels have their nicknames by now…..Rest in peace Oreee mi Oladipo Samson egbedeyi…………..

111. Oyeyemi Ogunjobi

October 27, 2015 at 10:12 pm

OMG!! This is so sad,but God knows best. Funsho( Dr Praz) may the good Lord comfort you and the rest of ur family at this time and always. RIP Niggydip!! You were a rare gem!!!

112. Kemi

October 27, 2015 at 10:18 pm

Waoooo…m speechless. May his soul rest in perfect peace

113. Damola

October 28, 2015 at 12:10 am

Rest in Peace NiggyDip. Didn’t know him personally, but heard a lot of good things about him. Your life has indeed been a testimony. You will never be forgotten. God’s peace be with your family and Seye.

114. Akwe

October 28, 2015 at 12:10 am

the most friendly and down to earth guy I ever met in my life, rest on niggydip

115. Adekemi.

October 28, 2015 at 1:07 am

I only met you once Niggydip @ Bolade through Yankee and I must say you were every bit of what you have been described to be. Very nice & welcoming. Continue to rest in the Lord Dipo. May the Lord grant the entire family the fortitude to bear the loss.

116. AKINSOPAID

October 28, 2015 at 4:11 am

R.I.P MAY WE MEET IN THE NEXT LIFE….GOOD MAN

117. dejavmoore

October 28, 2015 at 4:36 am

Niggydip is still loved by all. I have friends who pallies the icon and sharing the same almamatta and workplace without meeting him before..i’m touched by these words i’ve read so far.. R.I.P CORRECT NIGGYDIP. YOU THE BEST EVER HAD

118. Damilola

October 28, 2015 at 7:00 am

rest in peace. i pray for strength foryour family and fiancee

119. Ayodele Olukole

October 28, 2015 at 7:32 am

I wish the the words i write could raise you up as hearing of your death was heartbreaking. We walked through the walls of Unilag some years ago and for all i can say, you deserve every word that’s been spoken about. You’re full of life and very unique in your way.

Life is not fair as we know because if it was, how many of our set have died already and shouldn’t it be enough? Some years back after leaving school, i heard of Tolu in System’s death and for weeks i cried and today i still mourn him.

You’re a beautiful mind and an incredible fellow. People die and due to respect for the dead, we don’t talk about what evil they have done to us or what evil we felt about them but Niggydip like i also love to call you, i don’t have any record of evil cos you’re a perfect gentleman for me…i don’t even come close.

Yesterday was the day to bid you farewell in body but you’ll live on in my heart. When my son and his siblings grow up, i would let them know NIggydip walked on the surface of the earth. Your very essence lingers on.

RIP my brother from another mother.

120. olamipo durojaiye

October 28, 2015 at 7:47 am

Niggy wotttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!! Ola wotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt misses you…. The way you call me still rings in my head as i type this…. You were always everywhere, Dipo. You touched lives… Words still fail me, never a dull moment when with you… I saw you last at Debo’s wedding in April, chai.. it pained me that i didn’t stay too long so you could still crack me up, but i can remember you went to get me food or something… Avwerosuo told me we even took a picture in NYSC camp, i was like, really!!!! I have a picture of Niggy Dip, you and me??? Oladipo Samson Egbedeyi… Sun re o… God knows best, From Him we came, to Him we will all return one day… He will surely console your family and Seye Sodiende… Wine and Dine with God…. Mo miss e o Niggy Wot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

121. tolulope

October 28, 2015 at 1:00 pm

Rip niggydodo

122. chris alao

October 28, 2015 at 1:10 pm

PETER GBO! as we fondly refer to ourselves. i still remember how he came up with that name at Ikeja country club. he’s such a great guy, incredibly sad he had to leave this way. the last i spoke with him was him telling me he was in abuja for an official assignment and we made arrangements to hook up. Niggydip, you will surely be missed but i find solace in knowing you’re in a better place

123. Olumide Shitta

October 28, 2015 at 2:17 pm

My brother, my friend, Dipo, It was a great pleasure knowing you and sharing in some of those moments that have left lasting impressions on us all. “Niggydip” lives on, that ideology that we can create positive change and happiness lives! Niggydip lives forever in our hearts, forever in our way of life!

124. bibi

October 28, 2015 at 3:40 pm

Wow!! so young with so much life and suddenly taken from us. I knew you briefly now I wish I took time to know you better. I have learnt from you to cherish every moment of my life. May your soul rest in peace.

125. Chikos

October 28, 2015 at 11:24 pm

RIP Dipo… U ar a rare gem

126. Gbemi

October 29, 2015 at 11:29 am

Niggydip! All the memories I have of you are happy ones. I am glad you lived a good life. I hope God gives your family and your fiancée the strength to move on. RIP Dipo.

127. T-beiz

October 29, 2015 at 1:20 pm

Mehn!..Niggydip..so long…so long .My heart bleeds.

128. Foyu

October 29, 2015 at 8:46 pm

Rest in peace Dipo. I met you so many years ago and you cracked me up so many times. I will never forget you Dipo, that smile, that free spirit…I know you are resting in absolute peace now. I miss you Dipo and I wish I had the chence to see you again. Rest well bro. You’ll always be in my heart.

129. tosin

October 29, 2015 at 11:00 pm

Im still battling with disbelief. I cant believe you wont be around to call me oge-what. Dipo your passing broke my heart. I have left it all to God and i knw his will for us is best. Continue to rest in peace my brother and friend. Till we meet at the feet of our lord Jesus

130. Ife Owosuna

October 31, 2015 at 12:18 am

I look at your pictures each passing day. My heart isn’t able to bare it that you’re gone. I still tried to send you a text today Dipo… Wanted to tell you that Titi my youngest sis got her admission into lag today. You were always persistent in asking me about her admission, and you were even more concerned than I was. Now that she’s got it, i wanna break the news to you, but your number aint going thru… *sobs*. Wish I had honored your invite to Kaduna to see you, but hey,God knows best. You were the best boyfriend one could have. Even after we broke up, we were still good friends. I remember how back then in school, you emptied all you had in your account to buy me a swatch for my birthday. Dipo you’re rare. My ‘Miss Niggydip’ chain tag, which you gave me years back, I’m gonna be rocking it as a tribute to you. This is really hard to bear… But someone like you never dies, you live in our hearts. The people of #jablojablo town (the town i once created as my own version of #dodo as inspired by you, and you liked it) will miss you… Too many things to say about you Dipo.I pray that God grants Yankee, Doc Funsho, Keji, Olumide, mum, Dad, and your fiancee, and we your friends the fortitude and strength to bear your exit. I’ll always remember you… You the best I ever had… Rest well with the Lord Jesus. Still can’t believe this… I miss you.. You’re very fresh in my heart… This seems to be the hardest thing I’ve had to bear. Dipo Samson Ebgedeyi #Niggydip #KingOfDodo #jablojablo. Rest in Perfect Peace. The fun continues in heaven…

131. funmi

October 31, 2015 at 3:22 am

We never met In Unilag,but would have loved to meet you. Such a rear gem. Your death is teaching me to live my life simple cos only God knows what the next minute holds. Sun re o

132. kieho Othe

October 31, 2015 at 12:03 pm

Dipo. You were such a lively person.it’s an honour to have known you as a friend and colleague. Words will fail me at this time. Sleep well bro.

133. DEOBABY

November 1, 2015 at 12:47 am

I met you in 2010, I was in law sch then, a friend of mine, gave me your number to help tidy up nysc, but we became fast friends, then you became the younger brother I had always craved for, we shared everything, from your bin confirmed @ oando, to seye, family talks n all, I can almost hear you fondly calling me FGM( fairy god mother) u never failed in encouraging me, esp when I had my daughter, you would crack me up, gisting bout ex’s, to issues @ work to anything. I will miss u Oladipo,I was the very first person who arrived @ the vaults and gardens for your funeral b4 7am I I was there, trying to comprehend, why the dipo who chatted me on Sunday, left me forever on Monday. Your friend I had never met but heard a lot about , walked up to me @ the funeral and said “you are fairy god mother right?” my legs almost buckled under me, @ that moment I felt like you had reached out to me insome way. Till we meet again Oladipo, sleep easy my brother. May God grantt your family and seye the will to move ahead without you.

134. Jane

November 1, 2015 at 8:52 pm

Rest in Peace NiggyDip

135. Akin oladosu

November 8, 2015 at 12:29 am

Can’t believe Niggydip is gone….Rip my right hand man in Nigerite #2008 industrial trainee . U will forever lives in my heart bro!

136. Tim

January 15, 2016 at 11:47 pm

RIP man

137. Ifedayo

March 16, 2016 at 11:11 pm

Dipo!!!!!!!!! It has been 6 months now but it still feels like i heard this heart breaking news yesterday. I did not think this kind of sadness was possible. I have a lump in my throat, knot in my stomach and tears in my eyes whenever i try to fathom the thought of you being gone forever. I just want life to fast forward to the end when i try to imagine it. It is only God’s mighty power that can help us survive this terrible heartache. I love you Niggydip!! We love you so much Dipo. God help us.

138. Capt ARC

May 16, 2016 at 11:20 am

Niggy wot!!! I gave you that name….its been months,but every Now and then I always remember your Crazy jokes and bro…it keeps me laffing and easy most of the stress atimes,, you were the craziest…all those silly dances you kept Bringing to the table,you were 100% crazy…I Have Never till this day met anyone like you, I kept saying later in life we would pull more Crazy trips..i miss you man…No Homo…Niggy wot!!! We would celebrate you every year .you were a very big loss, you really did leave a Vacuum in our lives. God bless you

139. Andrew Elumeze

March 28, 2017 at 12:25 pm

Thinking about you and the memories come flooding…I really miss those moment in and out of classes in Engineering, Unilag. Till we see at the other side…Rest easy