Features

Omonike Omuya: Who Will Marry Linda Ikeji?

Omonike Omuya

Linda Ikeji Tell me that thought didn’t occur to you, the typically traditional Nigerian you, when you saw pictures of what to over half the population could be described as a mansion. I mean it puts into context what rich is or at least what rich can get you and just as firmly it puts into context what being a woman can be, beyond being someone’s woman.

I was walking down a London high street yesterday, when I spotted a black woman wrapped in a long black and white tweed jacket and almost knee- high black boots. Something about her short jerry curled hair reminded me of someone whose storyline sparked angst in my head and I broke out in hives of protest, shooting a sudden question at my companion; “why do women follow a man just to live in another country? Why do young girls follow a man to get phones, hair extensions, clothes, shoes, bags, a diamond engagement ring, cars, accommodation, and placement for jobs… even an identity? Why do they think they can’t get it, whatever their “it” is, on their own?”

It’s saddening because it says to me that those women don’t realize their power. They suffer in the wrangle holds of compromise for lack of self knowledge; exchanging their best lives- the one they can have on their terms- for somebody’s season of youthful debauchery at best or mid life crisis at worst. They don’t believe they can have it on their own, they don’t believe in themselves and the loss of that childlike faith is not worth the glam of the nonexistent fab lane they seek to get on.

What is funny is that the wide gulf will thin out over time between say, a student who gets through school as the “reigning babe” because of a rich man who buys her the “big girl” look and the student who patiently waits and with hard work gets there maybe a decade later at what I would call the right time. By then the former would be living in the shadow of her glory days which only fizzle in and out as the subject of occasional gossip, if anyone cares to remember at all.

One question that has chased women who have attempted to get more back into the shadows of learned helplessness is the lie that you have to choose between the happiness of fulfillment and the happiness of being someone’s woman. That there are no other options, you can only eat your cake or eat your cake, you can’t cut your cake in half and have one now and the other later.

It is that fear that begets the question; “who will marry me when I pursue my own life and realize my potential?”. My answer is, it is likely someone who knows their power as well, someone who deserves you. And not just you as in female but you as you’ve come to know yourself to be- woman and powerful.

So the real question then isn’t “who will marry Linda Ikeji?”. The real question is “who will Linda Ikeji marry?”

Join the conversation in the comments section.

Omonike Omuya (@omonaikee) creates media content on print, online, tv, radio, social media and for events. Her work has been published in Cosmo, Bella Naija, Ynaija, Imbue Magazine, Metropole, +234Next magazine and True love west Africa. She blogs at www.omonaikee.blogspot.com.

1. Wale

October 19, 2015 at 5:14 pm

She obviously has to marry up. Best if she marries a rich oyibo man that is self made and loves her madly. I don’t trust my Naija bros.

• Tamales

October 19, 2015 at 6:00 pm

Funny I was telling my friend the same thing yesterday. I said she will most likely marry a white guy.But why do we think a naija guy can’t step up to the game?

• Wale

October 19, 2015 at 6:37 pm

Greed, baby mama, sidechicks and philandering that is why. She doesn’t need all that crap. Truth be told she doesn’t even need a man, unless she wants to have babies. Marrying is really not important, I have always advocated this-she can find a good life partner like Oprah did.

• Osaretin

October 19, 2015 at 7:14 pm

IS IT BEANS that you will go and collect in the market as the fancy catches you. to marry oyinbo man is not beans my dear

• Joy c

October 19, 2015 at 11:26 pm

Low self esteem,… At the risk of generalising naija guys have a complex and can’t deal with successful women. They find them intimidating

• Dayo

October 20, 2015 at 2:48 pm

@Joy c, at the risk of generalizing, ugly women usually think that the reason men don’t want them is because they are “intimidated” by them. SMDH

• Damisko

October 19, 2015 at 6:23 pm

Congrats again, linda. I’m extremely proud of you and your accomplishment. I’m convinced again, the old traditional way if making money is getting outdated. I doubt, most professionals doing 9-5 are able to buy a house that price. It’s like that everywhere. I need to start my own business ASAP.

Linda’s marital status?
      Well, she doesn’t sleep around or known to be a mistress like some popular successful actresses/women in entertainment She doesn’t have to marry, she’s clearly fine with being single and successful. Maybe, the question actually is, who will linda ikeji marry? I’m sure she’s had suitors, high profile too. And looks like she has high standard for herself. She mentioned on her blog a while back, she likes a good “oral”. Most naija guys are terrible at equally giving satisfied pleasure. So, future bae abi Mr ikeji get your headgame up.

• Osaretin

October 19, 2015 at 7:18 pm

suitors she will have. TRUST ME, ALL MANNER OF MEN WILL APPROACH HER IF GIVEN JUST THE OPPORTUNITY TO TALK TO HER SELF, AND EVEN WITHOUT THE OPPORTUNITY I AM SURE SHE WILL HAVE ALL MANNER OF SUITORS. RICH AND POOR.
      WITH HER MONEY NOW, THERE IS NO WAY SHE WILL BE 100% CERTAIN OF WHO IS TRUE. THE ONLY THING IS THAT IF SHE WANTS THE COMPANIONSHIP BADLY, SHE CAN TIDY UP THE LEGAL ASPECT THAT DOES NOT ENTITLE ANY MAN/ MARRIAGE TO BENEFIT LEGALLY FROM HER MONEY EVEN IF SHE DIES (DONT PRAY SOON AT ALL. MAY GOD GIVE HER LONGEVITY)

• OD

October 20, 2015 at 10:38 am

Must everyone buy a house of over N500m. You got it wrong my dear. Anyone who can afford to build a house irrespective of the size deserves an applause. Not everybody will come out on blogs to display their wealth. I am happy for Linda know doubt.

• Osaretin

October 19, 2015 at 7:13 pm

THE GREATEST FACT IN ALL YOU HAVE SAID MADAM WRITER IS THAT THE WIDE GULF BETWEEN THE ;REIGNING BABES’ OF UNDERGRADUATE DAYS, AND WHOM THE AVERAGE PERSON COMES TO BECOME 5- 10 YEARS AFTER GRADUATION WILL FIZZLE OUT. AT THIS STAGE AFTER GRAD/ MASTERS, AND PEOPLE SETTLING DOWN, I DON’T THINK THERE IS ONE FLASHY ITEM THAT THE REIGNING BABE COULD AND CAN AFFORD, THAT THE ‘DREGS’ OF UNIVERSITY WITH A PROPER INCOME CANNOT NOW AFFORD. ALL OF US HAVE NOW GOTTEN CARS, TRAVELED ABROAD, LIVE ON OUR OWN. FEND FOR OURSELVES, FIX WEAVES, BUY ASO EBI ETC

• i no send

October 19, 2015 at 7:27 pm

@ osaretin yeah i was one of the “dregs” in uni..lol..but the tables have turned 360 and i see some of these “happening babes “…sometimes and smile…

• Me

October 20, 2015 at 11:39 am

I was one of the ‘dregs’ too. Its funny how does things that appeared like a big deal in university now come so easy.

• Mrs Daniels

October 22, 2015 at 1:32 am

Any word more “dreg” than dreg? That was me for my five undergraduate years, and maybe a bit of post grad.
      Now I see those “happening babes” back then and I’m like “haa, the bible had a point with “the first shall be the last”. Lmao

• Lady G

October 19, 2015 at 7:13 pm

Lol as in!

• June

October 19, 2015 at 8:00 pm

This is such à dumb statement. Because she is successful. When it comes to marriage, her Best option is to marry àn oyibo man. You wont trust your very own people too. Such miopic thinking. Wonder why in this 2015 from as soon as they can reason, children from the western world are thought to think of themselves as superior. The vicious cycle continues. She marry whoever GOD has destined for her – white, purple, blue. Stop putting dumb ideas such as : once you are Nigerian and successful, the only people you should associate with relationship wise are white people. Pissed !!! This mindset has to change. Rant Over.

• Author Unknown

October 19, 2015 at 8:17 pm

It’s interesting how Linda has all of a sudden become that much more important because her Banana Island home has been revealed, which now makes her unmarriageable. Even the Queen of England was already a Queen when she got married. Nigerians and money sha.

• HerExcellence

October 19, 2015 at 8:39 pm

@Author Unknown….ignorance really is…..
      get ur facts right…. d Queen was already married bfr she became queen. *wink*

• Author Unknown

October 19, 2015 at 10:22 pm

You’re actually correct. I thought it was the other way around. The point of my comment remains the same however that Linda Ikeji is not that important as to be unmarriageable.

• @ Wale

October 20, 2015 at 5:55 am

Because Stella of SDK blog married oyinbo you think it is easy? Leave story jorr oyinbo won’t settle for gutter trash even if said trash lives in a mansion.

• honey

October 20, 2015 at 8:40 am

BeefDawg!!!

• chioma

October 20, 2015 at 11:37 am

May God on heaven forgive you. So much hate. May you never experience this type of hate.

• Que

October 20, 2015 at 5:55 pm

You realize that the oyibos don’t have to cross their shores to relate with gutter trash right, they have enough in their own midst to contend with…. Pls make your case wisely.

Marriage should not be determined by status or race…. and pls cast this myth away cos there are many capable Nigerian men that are married to the many ‘Lindas’ whose mansions are not on blogsites for your viewing….

• Diuto

October 20, 2015 at 11:16 am

This emphasis on ladies, we all know guys do the same for money but it’s hardly spoken about. So many abound with sugar mum’s but I guess it’s ……

2. L

October 19, 2015 at 5:21 pm

Lmao this is so funny. That we are going to be talking so deeply about someone’s martial status. I don’t know but this scares me and tells me that we really have a problem. The only reason why she put that question up there was cause men and women kept on saying they want to marry her and when will she marry blah blah

• iyke

October 19, 2015 at 8:39 pm

SMH while reading all the comments …. Hmmmm, a single woman’s biggest problem is indeed with coping with the people who are trying to marry her off.
      It worries me at this age over the myth that a girl must be married to enjoy a satisfying life. It is more disheartening that people (Educated people at that) still seem to be torpedoing that very same myth, especially in Nigeria that anyone deviating from ‘normal,’ or living an unconventional romantic life should be a topic of cultural curiosity and conversation.
      Honestly, the idea that being single should be considered unconventional is itself a sign of the deep, unacknowledged conservatism in our present day nation. But I have news for those who still live in this backwardness, deal with it because a lot of women are on the match to making it big time …marriage or no Marriage will stop them.
      This is so annoying – they should leave this lady alone.

• The Bull

October 19, 2015 at 11:04 pm

Iyke i told one marriage prefect, that as time goes on, more and more people will not be interested in getting married at all, and they that like to monitor and cry about peoples marital status, will cry even more. Call it the end times etc but that is what will happen. The days of a woman lowering her standards or living a less fulfilling life to satisfy one man’s ego are gradually disappearing. bad as e bad, adopt, do surrogate or ivf, heck with your money you can go to orphanages and adopt kids, i know someone that did after her marriage fell apart and she as well as her two little beautiful girls are happy, she plans to adopt two more self.

3. slice

October 19, 2015 at 5:24 pm

I think the real question is who will Linda marry cause me know say dudes wen wan mari am plenty

4. Sade

October 19, 2015 at 5:26 pm

You guys are all kinds of shady and Petty. Lmao.

But to be honest, if I were a guy, i will Marry her. So I don’t think you’ll have problems finding a spouse.

5. Grapes

October 19, 2015 at 5:28 pm

Seriously i don’t get whether this is a “for”or against”article. Anyways, whatever it is, lets not create more sensation than there should be out of her (Linda Ikeji’s) recent achievement. I, on my own, am just happy that a girl can take a bold step of enjoying the fruit of her achievement and not forcefully and in the name of modesty curtail the little comforts she can enjoy in this life. A toast to more reward from hard work and may God add all the good things we all desire in life.

6. chuks

October 19, 2015 at 5:29 pm

you don’t trust naija? why ?

7. Ada

October 19, 2015 at 5:30 pm

The man I dey follow na because I like am o. Sometimes it is not to “complete” ourselves that we love and marry. Some of us have jobs and are doing well enough in those jobs but we still love, we still have emotional needs, we still want kids and would do anything for our families.

For me its not about who marries who, whether na the man go marry me abi na me go marry am. Its about me and him together forever, loving and living our individual lives too. When Linda finds love, I doubt she’ll be checking if she is marrying him or the other way round.

8. Engoz

October 19, 2015 at 5:32 pm

“Tell me that thought didn’t occur to you, the typically traditional Nigerian you,”

No it hasn’t crossed my mind.
    One of the moments, I have to remind myself that this site is ‘wedding’ oriented, hence some of the sappiest and pathetic articles would have to pass through here.

“who will marry me when I pursue my own life and realize my potential?”

WTH??? Are there Nigerian girls that think like this? Or is this the latest phrase you all want to use to be lazy and not succeed? I must have missed class when they were teaching you all to stall your potentials and desperately aim for marriage at all cost. Rubbish!

• Leah

October 19, 2015 at 6:44 pm

Thank you! I for one second thought I was the only one who never had that thought cross my mind. Are there no accomplished men that would go for an accomplished woman? And what does that say to the rest of us young women? Maybe don’t work as hard or slow your dreams and dump yourself down to appeal to primitive men you are not likely to be attracted to in the first place.

• Mrs Daniels

October 22, 2015 at 1:36 am

Absolutely love this.

9. Prince

October 19, 2015 at 5:33 pm

I’m glad Linda is #selfmade and she has to go through a lot, I’ve read of some of the hurdles she had to cross. She cant marry herself or marry anyone.
    No matter how rich a woman is, a man would still have to pay her ‘DOWRY is she really wants to get married.. The question is will there be any guy with courage and confidence that’ll walk up to her for marriage without been intimidated.
    That house is more than half a billion according to her. We have some hardworking dudes in Naija, its just that the God hasn’t bless us with good leaders. I wont mind to be her husband oooooo.#wink

• Amaa

October 19, 2015 at 6:37 pm

Did you also read that when she marries she will move out of the house. Not all cultures and tribe has the man paying dowry . The Indian and Pakistani cultures it’s the bride’s family pay dowry. it will ultimately be her decision to marry or not it is not a prerequisite to get to haven or have children (adoption etc). Mother Theresa was one of the greatest women to have lived but yet she was unmarried by virtue of her decision to help the poor.
      Linda if you are reading this let society not pressure you to marry it’s not by force . Freeze your eggs (at least you can afford it)if you think the clock is ticking. I can understand when some commenters suggest oyibo for you because the word submission comes to the Nigerian man easily (forgetting the other part of the verse that says submit to one another in love) when he thinks it will Favour him.

10. True sense of it

October 19, 2015 at 5:45 pm

In the “truest” sense of it, Linda Ikeji is a very pretty, cute and sexy girl.

She is 90% of a man’s dream girl. i.e
    she has hot legs
    she has nice dimples
    she has a wow smile
    she is pretty n beautiful
    she is slim (not fat) and i can turn her anyhow on bed
    she is sexy and hot
    shes got nice dress sense- just go see her on instagram

but you see, the problem she has is what every successful girl has. She would be thinking in her head that every man coming her way is coming because of what she has.

Every (or most) successful girl feels guys come woo them cos of their car, where they work, the salary they earn, their status or cos their parent is a minister, governor or president.

A guy will always toast a girl, whether you wowo or you fine. To think that line is sickening.

Her problem now is finding a man who can suit her status

Ladies, as you climb the ladder to success, remember that the kind of man you would love to have is getting slimmer as you climb higher. (Maybe richer than you, more intelligent, a bit taller, a bit spiritual than you are, a bit older…..so which man you wan find wey get those attributes at your 35yrs of age or 40yrs of age? There are but very very very very few!

• omawumi

October 19, 2015 at 6:55 pm

I was very angry when i saw he tittle of this article but was pleasantly surprised that it had the right perspective. You on the other hand. You are all sorts of wrong. Is Linda supposed to stay on the bottom rung of this your ladder because she wants more options among un intimidated men.
      I can’t even..

11. Eya

October 19, 2015 at 5:51 pm

who will marry Linda OR Who will Linda Ikeji marry? Whichever way? ALL CORRECT. Only who deserves her will marry her. Any man who cannot ink a successful woman does not deserve one. So chauvinistic for any one to think that what is best for a woman is to be powerless, a baby maker and care giver. These days there are no limits. If no Naija man can stand up for and she is not interested in Yankee Celebs, then so be it.
    Because a woman wants to get married doesn’t mean she has to limit herself. Or shy away from enjoying the fruits of her labour bikonu.

Marriage is good, it’s ordained by God, yes, however, not everyone will get married. Especially in the years to come with more and more vey successful women springing up. Some may just live like Oprah while some will adopt and just carry on with life. Everyone has a God ordained purpose to fulfill on this earth. To some it might not be marriage.

12. Ilhan

October 19, 2015 at 5:53 pm

Come what is all this about Linda Ikeji????????? Is she the first woman to purchase anything of that magnitude in Nigeria? And whats all this nonsense about hard work and patience, abi do you guys think shes the only hardworking woman under 40 ni? Please she’s favored by God who blesses those He wants to bless and gives grace to those He chooses.Except there’s another thing she’s worshiping that is blessing her, then that is what it is

Not every girl that doesn’t own a blog and carries designer bags sleeps with men or married men for money! If you investigate, I am sure you would find a few women in that island that worked very hard to get there. What is all this fuss about? PLEASE leave everybody to their own story. Not every woman under 40 desires to own a $2m house on some island in Lagos. Some have other goals in life that have nothing to do with all these. People especially men and young women have began to use her as a point of reference lately for reasons I’m yet to phantom.

You might be age mates with Linda but not grace mates. Let the 15 years old that wakes up as early as 3am to make buns and later hawk it and then still go for night school and while at night school still selling the buns tell you what hard work is. Let iya bisi that is permanently on the road side frying akara under the hot sun and still gives you jara when you buy from her, even with the little money she makes, shes is extremely generous tell what hard work is. Are the hard works of these people not valid because they did not build or own mansions? What of those that stay overnight in the banks and marketers that are always strategizng to meet bank targets etc facing all kinds of embarrassments, abuse, insults and the likes, are the hard works of these people not valid because they live in rented apartments?The way this news has been up in the air one would think Linda ikeji is the only woman under 40 that works hard in Nigeria. Nigerians are born hustlers and survivors, its reflective everywhere!

As for those that sleep with men, I despise it with all my heart but I seriously doubt that 90% of them want that life for themselves. you graduate school, no job, your family is expecting you to take them out of poverty, you try business, it doesn’t bring profit, you beg people they tie their hands obviously the next resort is to go use what you have. The men use their laptops for fraud and women use their bodies for money. some are driven by greed but most want to get out as soon as they can! Please ladies don’t compare yourself oo, make the best of your every situation and don’t forget to laugh and smile with family and friends. In the end that is what counts.

As for the question who will marry Linda Ikeji? If she like make she marry pauper or king, na her marriage na she go live inside am and besides it is not mandatory she gets married after all. If she wants to go that route, I don’t think that’s anyone’s business, neither do I see a problem there. She can remain single for the rest of her life, she wont be the only one and she wont be less of a woman or human being for that matter if she decides to.The men interested can submit their application form at the gate of her house or Island gate, which ever one is more convenient.

• Dunai

October 19, 2015 at 6:44 pm

@ Ilhan,you harsh o….Kilode?

• odi

October 19, 2015 at 7:05 pm

1000 Gbosas for this!!! You absolutely hit the nail on the head.

October 19, 2015 at 7:22 pm

God will bless you abundantly for this. I was starting to get confused by the noise. She is a blogger and you are making a fuss about “hardwork”??? lol okay..
      Just because she didn’t sleep around for money doesn’t mean you should put her on a pedestal. Nigerians are actually annoying af. Having orgasms ontop banana island. If this is your “goals”, then I weep for you. Shoutout to the real hustlers…like this commenter mentioned: those women who wake up at 5am to start hawking so their children will live better lives.

• S!

October 20, 2015 at 12:07 am

So because she is a blogger she isn’t hardworking? And only women that wake up by 5am for their kids are real hustlers?
      If blogging is that easy try making a fortune out of it.
      I don’t know why you have to bring her down to make a stupid point. You think those women that are up hawking to put their children through school don’t wish to be more successful than that? Living from hand to mouth or from pay check to pay check isn’t success.

• hilda

October 19, 2015 at 7:24 pm

wish i can give this 500 million likes… lol…… its not always about hard work i know far hard working pple that dont rest all in the name of putting food on there table. yet they are still managing from hand to mouth. its just the grace of God and when its your time . not every girl is sleeping with Men for money so peoples line of advice shouldn’t always fall in that direction. every HARD work is VALID, Contentment is just KEY

• jide

October 19, 2015 at 8:20 pm

Don’t mind these fools jare. Kadara alau. Nigerians’ penchant to glorify materialism is rather nauseating sha. Do you know how many of Linda’s banana island neighbors are single women yet because they didn’t broadcast their acquisition remain under G billionaires? Otherwise one would think this is Nigeria’s first rich woman with all these rants. I know some O and O and Shell big girls, single with mansions in Banana so why are these bush people acting like Christ is finally here on his second coming?

• Mistchewww!

October 20, 2015 at 2:25 am

@S! or what is your senseless screen name again, where did ilhan put how down??? Why do people like you lack the ability to use their brains? Pray tell, how did she put her down? What do you mean living from pay check to pay check isn’t successs? Obama lives from pay check to pay check, same with David Cameron, Merissa the ceo of Yahoo, the president of world bank etc, they all live from pay check to pay check. Gosh! Nigerians are so closed minded and materialistic! The comment just admonished people about comparing themeselves with her and saying its God that blesses not just by hardworking or perseverance. If it was by that then there would be more female billionaires in Nigeria. You are super slow in reasoning sha. Where did she say Linda does not work hard? You’re one of those that think this is the dream of every female in Nigeria so we should all lick her ass. You’re silly. You are the one that does not know how to read and comprehend, so any comment that does not bow at your idol’s feet is bringing down or hating. Please GERRAARAAHERE!

• Green

October 20, 2015 at 12:57 pm

You are the one who lacks comprehension. She was referring to Thank you and not Ilhan. Thank me later.

• Glory Elijah

October 20, 2015 at 10:27 am

You totally read my mind. God bless you for this piece. This is what is reality and not all the picture perfect buhaha we read online every now and then

• chich

October 21, 2015 at 5:10 am

#adonbilivthis…….So blogging is not hard work? I guess bellanaija na lazy woman too

13. dunni

October 19, 2015 at 6:02 pm

Why do I have the feeling that Linda is already in a serious relationship leading to marriage soon?

• Lala

October 19, 2015 at 7:18 pm

Exactly what I said. The guy does not have as much money as she does- but he just does not care.
      Anyone ever heard of Julia Roberts? Of course most have. She’s the bread winner in her marriage- possibly 100 times richer than her husband of many years.
      Many men in London have swapped roles now. They are full time stay at home dads and their wives are partners at major FTSE 100 companies.
      Abike Dabiri-Erewa got married as a member of the house of reps earning serious cash.
      As for guys above 40 and unmarried- them full London- both broke and multi millionaires. I have met one at least. He does his business btw London n Lag- mega loaded, just 35- but a typical rich n cocky English bloke.
      2 very wealthy people getting married hardly succeeds- just do Julia Roberts or Zoe Saldana style- a 9 to 5 bloke. Somebody has to be humble in the relationship hahaha!!!

14. DIddy

October 19, 2015 at 6:06 pm

Linda this your advert no get part 2, whoever Linda will marry must be ready to ignore the haters and bad belles, cos they will always have stories to tell, or even novel to write

15. JOYIN

October 19, 2015 at 6:10 pm

Mellody Hobson (born April 3, 1969) is an American businesswoman who is the president of Ariel Investments and the current Chairman of the Board of Directors of Dreamworks Animation.[1 and she married George Lucas! So please if Linda wants to get married and it is Gods will for her and she aligns herself with his will. God will bring the best person for her, who will go through this life alongside her, not in front or behind. WHY SHOULD WE DUMB OURSELVES DOWN CAUSE WE WANT HUSBAND?

Like Gloria Steinem said, a woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle. DROPS MIC!!!!

• Wale

October 19, 2015 at 6:45 pm

But George Lucas is a multi billionaire, way richer than mellody. She married up, so to say. What we are afraid of is if linda marries down and the guy takes advantage of her. But we trust linda has enough followers looking out for her, I can’t even imagine a man maltreating her-the Naija Internet will certainly crash that day.

16. Nne

October 19, 2015 at 6:14 pm

I may not be a huge fan of LIB compared to my dedication to BN but I love the woman, Linda

I love the way her Success keeps people confused.

there are some men and women that cannot believe her story and believe that she is being sponsored by a sugar daddy or politician.
    I ask if a man can attain financial freedom to sponsor babes and sidechicks what makes them think a woman can’t attain such? is there a rule in Nigeria that says only men are entitled to be so rich?

There are going to be girls that would always sleep with men for money, it happens worldwide but we have to agree that this issue is an EPIDEMIC in Nigeria. It is so bad that even some of the lagos socialite women we admire and think are hardworking do it too.
    Trust me it is not easy, i have attended job interviews where the male ceos have tried to ask me for a ‘favour’ and diminish my potentials but because I come from a comfortable background i never gave in

I love it because she is showing Nigerian women in a different path. So I cannot just hate her and her success makes me happy.

I expected this type of article and my fellow Naija people did not disappoint. lol

As for those saying her money is from the devil, better believe God blessed her.
    Gratitude is powerful and that is one thing Linda has. She always appreciates where she comes from, what she has been through in life and what she has now. When you have gratitude, you would attract more abundance. Linda also sponsors and helps people the way she can. if her story can inspire a young girl to hustle on her own instead of using her body, then she has won some souls to the right path and God would also bless her for that.

She has her downsides I agree but i don’t see the difference between her, E news, dailymail, tmz and other Nigeria blogs. For example Linda post a gay article, the comments on the article would be ‘anti gay’; BN would post a gay article, the comments would be ‘pro gay’ yet Linda is the only one promoting immorality.

One thing I have noticed though is that she has a strong male and female following. I was surprised about how passionate some of her male fans are for her. I think she represents the dreams of the average nigerian (Im not referring to my fellow BN people o). so they love her a lot.We tend to forget that some people are really suffering in this country. Some people also look down on her as a ‘class thing’ but people from different financial backgrounds in Nigeria read her blog too.

In all these we all can never be inspired by the same people, so i totally understand those who may not find her inspiring

And best believe Omonike, don’t be surprised when Linda gets married and by Gods grace she will after all some people also said Chimamanda would not get married and she did.
    If you believe you will, then you will

• Kano

October 19, 2015 at 10:42 pm

Finally, Someone with Sense! My dear, you talk true!
      All these comments sha….. Some people even found fault about her praising her hard work. So because Linda doesn’t work “physically” as hard as a 12 year old girl in Mushin who hawks bread to send herself and her siblings to school does that make her work any less important? Some people might call her work less challenging but the truth is not many people can turn a little blog page into a multimillion dollar business. There are many people who wouldn’t be able to accomplish half of what she has accomplished even if they were to be locked in a room with a laptop for 6 years straight. So let’s not take anything away from her accomplishment.
      As for the problem of “Runs-Girls” being rife in Nigeria, as in eh…… you can’t even meet a decent babe from a lower or middle class background in an Abuja gathering anymore. If most of these girls were to use their runs money to setup something tangible that will generate steady income for them I wouldn’t even find any fault in them. The lot of them do runs to buy silly things like Iphone and bags. So abeg, if Linda has decided to use her fame to address this issue of “Runs-Girls” in Nigeria I am all for it. Even if she is able to convert only one or two, she is a winner in my book.
      As per the topic of someone marrying Linda, I do hope she finds a good person sha. If the guy get money pass her, Godwin. If not, the man better have a heart of steel if he lives in Nigeria. I wouldn’t envy the broke guy sha lol.
      Abeg, I don’t feel like writing an epistle about this topic any longer but I will say this… Some of us are happy about Linda’s accomplishments and about how she is trying to inspire young women to go out and get it. Some might say that buying an expensive house or driving an expensive car isn’t a major accomplishment. The truth is that her car and house didn’t come easy. So abeg, let’s give credit where it is due.

• Joefavour

October 21, 2015 at 9:31 pm

You guys should just leave this lady alone to focus co’s all know is that, the Lord God who had been on her side all this while hasn’t traveled and I believe He is able to finish the good work He has started in her life in righteousness She most not marry Oyibo but she needs for a husband is a God fearing man (In did)who will love and and respect her dream. There are many few in naija

• haddy

October 20, 2015 at 3:02 pm

Thank you, Nne. You went into my mind and brought out my exact thoughts about this matter, down to the part about not being a fan of LIB but an admirer of the girl, Linda and her philanthropy. I have no more words to add as you’ve expressed them all. Thank you again.

17. The real D

October 19, 2015 at 6:16 pm

I would not usually comment on something like this because I don’t believe marriage is the ultimate goal in life… but it brought to mind something my sister brought to my attention. She likes boy, boy likes her, my sister is what some might consider successful, she is a manager at a major accounting firm, dude although he is in another country and working on his thesis pretty much held my sister’s hand all through her grief after losing my elder sister. He would call her and stay up all night with her as she was suffering from insomnia during that time. Dude told my sister he liked her and still make it to class right after getting off the phone with her in the morning and once he got home, it was to check on her again. she told him she liked him but dude said he couldn’t consider them dating at the moment because in his mind he has nothing to offer my sister but not realizing what he had already done was more than enough for her. My sister was like wetin be this??? She is not asking for marriage cos she self don’t know if she will want to marry after dating and she told dude point blank won’t would you rather have someone who is willing to stand by you during this hard time ?(he was job searching). Boy no gree o, this article brought to mind that story because it shows many Nigerian men are were too insecure and for some it is still about I have more money than the woman I am interested in. If Ms. Linda likes dude and dude likes her then I don’t see why this should be a problem. And who says she is husband hunting anyway?

• `Sir Harvey Dent

October 19, 2015 at 7:13 pm

Interesting…

I think they guy wasn’t ready.

I had a girlfriend sometime last year, i wasnt ready, told her.

Told her, she m,over on, she’s happily married now.

I am dating an amazing girl suitable of been in a James Bond movie (i still wonder how i got her heart, she FRESH DIE!!)

If he is not Ready, he is not READY! end of!

• Mz Socially Awkward...

October 19, 2015 at 8:16 pm

@The Real D, I’m actually currently counselling a young man in a relationship exactly as you described (or maybe counselling’s a bit too much of a leap… I’m, sha, providing “big sisterly” advice).

He’s young in his mid-20s and currently back in Uni for an MSc after working for a brief stint to get career experience. The romantic interest in his life is a lovely young girl who’s completely smitten by him and I’ve been rooting for this relationship to take off properly but when I had a chance to grill him about his intentions (I know, I know – none of my business but wanted him to understand that dem no dey play with this kain babe), he told me point-blank that he wasn’t comfortable with the fact she’s already gotten a good job and established in her career. So, he’ll always be playing catch up and he believes in the traditional roles between men and women.

Note that this young man was born and has spent all of his life in the UK, yet as far as he’s concerned, his babe can’t be doing better than him. She’s as British-bred as he is ohh and she’s told him again and again of how the present situation isn’t a problem for her but he still won’t take the plunge. And I’m just thinking to myself, “This babe has been a 1st class student at all levels of her life (as in, she’s a really sharp pencil) so no offence, bruv but what makes you think that even if you’d started working before her, she still won’t have galloped past you on her own career ladder?”.

It’s infuriating abeg and I’ve just warned him to leave her if he’s not serious, make he no siddon there to block way for another suitor since he can’t get past that mental hurdle.

• The real D

October 19, 2015 at 9:59 pm

@ Sir Harvey Dent, at first that was my conclusion but dude keeps talking the M word, and that one is a fast and quick way to scare my sister if na ordinary dude, since she believes in actually dating then you progress to I love you and then the big M. So na only first bus stop she dey ask for but dude be saying if we start dating would you wait for me to be comfortable before asking for marriage my sister is like I don’t know if I want to marry you yet. For me though that statement is deep The big M na serious commitment and to be throwing at any woman like that na seriousness. I mean these are people that have discussed having or not having joint accounts in marriage amongst other topics.
      @ Mz. SA, that is serious o, my sister is the same o, na so so honors same for Masters too she was in the top 5 of her graduating class. But I decided to take the boy’s matter to the Lord, fasted and prayed within one week dude got job after almost a year of job searching (and no be 9ja him dey o). I had to fast and pray because I know this 2 them dye deceive them selves. We grew up together and went to high school together as in the same car drove us all to school, they stopped talking in high school when them classmates started giving them a hard time about dating (which they were not then). But dude tells my sister more than he tells his own family. How she take know? His sister told her and he confirmed it. The dude is super cutee too so they will make beautiful babies but more importantly, there is no doubt he loves and respects my sister but for that nonsense mind set, which is what made this whole thing hard.

18. Suwa

October 19, 2015 at 6:29 pm

Linda’s boyfriend will marry her

19. FranklySpeaking

October 19, 2015 at 6:58 pm

WHY ARE WE SO MATERIALISTIC? WHY ARE WE JUST ABOUT THINGS? WHERE IS OUR HUMANNESS? THE BEAUTY OF LIFE IS IN SIMPLE THINGS. I WANT TO BE COMFORTABLE, BUT THAT IN ITSELF IS NOT THE ESSENCE OF MY BEING ALIVE. SOME DIE TRYING TO FIND JOY IN THINGS. I WILL WORK HARD BUT MORE THAN THAT, I WILL STILL BE HAPPY AND ENJOY EVERY BIT OF WHAT LIFE OFFERS ME.

20. Paul Babalola

October 19, 2015 at 7:06 pm

Nice write up. African men are highly insecured in front of a very successful young lady, myself inclusive. I don’t see Linda marrying a Nigerian. I see her marrying an Oyinbo man. This mindset of African men won’t change suddenly. I pray she continues to be successful and she does not need to be validated via marriage. She is already accomplished. Even if she doesn’t really marry in the real sense of it, she should please give birth to children, that’s very important so that she will have a semblance of responsibility

• Dayo

October 20, 2015 at 3:06 pm

Excatly! Because, as I assume everyone knows, Oyinbo men are never insecure… *rolling my eyes at ignorant drivel*. Dude, you have more resons to be insecure than you realize. SMDH

21. Chi-e-z

October 19, 2015 at 7:09 pm

My thoughts WHO CARES naija people always be putting other people palava 4 their head. So if the babe follow man wey wan betta her life she no be person again? Abeg however God chooses to bless you glory no be yours Na Godwin am O so instead make una concern una selves with selfless service to those who need it and 4get all this opening mouth for another person matter. If na man wey provide 4 woman or na person provide for self nah all still by grace make person get .jer 22:3,deut15:7,11,deut10:17-18 I no even be better Christian but all of una wey dey claim born again oya make una hear WORD

22. `Sir Harvey Dent

October 19, 2015 at 7:09 pm

I have a had a good laugh reading “Linda Go and marry” on twitter.

Congrats linda, i am always supportive and proud of an independent woman.

We all here shouting Linda go and marry.

NO ONE HAS ASKED, IS LINDA INTERESTED IN GETTING MARRIED

We all seem to forget its her personal choice, i have a handful of females friends that say to me, i am not built for marriage and i dont want one. Same way i have friends who want to get married cause everyone is getting married.

Unless otherwise stated, she just might not be keen on a marriage.

All that said, theres overwhelming evidence that states, when a “Black” woman wears the trousers of the house, there is always a problem, I am not been stereotypical, i am only stating what the numbers state. http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2006/sep/242.html

Its important we understand there is only one important question here,

1- Does Linda fancy a married life?

Thats it.

Read oner or two comments saying she should marry a white man, LOL…

Marriage is marriage, Black or White, Man would be a Man and Woman would be a Woman.

Interesting times ahead linda, i ask sure you have been dating behind the scenes.

My question to LINDA is, “IS MARRIAGE FOR YOU?”

23. Ememobong

October 19, 2015 at 7:11 pm

Whether she marry or no marry, she has done well for herself. Every other thing will just be bonus. Well done Linda.

24. ejiro

October 19, 2015 at 7:12 pm

I just feel like in the next 3 to 6 months, the babe will just hit us up with marriage news. Chic mostly moves in silence (it’s Laura that like to broadcast and further her Instagram Celebrity career).

25. Natu

October 19, 2015 at 7:23 pm

Third world debate.

• BlueEyed

October 19, 2015 at 9:25 pm

Totally what I said after reading the caption.
      She is successful, she is single, her marital status automatically becomes conversation. The pinnacle of her success pales in comparison to the fact that a man hasn’t put a ring on it. These topics and it’s prevalence in third world countries is one of the many reasons they still remain in the third world fraction.

26. i no send

October 19, 2015 at 7:31 pm

i heard she’s gonna shock her fans at the end of the year with a wedding and the guy is not based here..its a strong rumour o

27. whoever

October 19, 2015 at 7:37 pm

Great question, but let me ask mine, Does she want to marry? Is it a must to be married?

28. Andrew

October 19, 2015 at 7:55 pm

Who will marry Laura IKeji?

• S!

October 20, 2015 at 12:20 am

Lmaoooooo.

• @Andrew

October 20, 2015 at 5:58 am

Err no one in their right senses. That one na gutter rat.

29. Author Unknown

October 19, 2015 at 7:59 pm

No need for Linda to marry. Laura Ikeji will marry for her, since that seems to be the forward one who wants to do everything on Linda’s behalf.

30. Felinda

October 19, 2015 at 8:20 pm

i am sure now that she is on Banana Island, she will meet her co equal another biillonaire island guy who will marry her. She is 35, in 2015 marrying and having a baby at 45 is slowly trending so its not late for her.

And please dont come here with the oyinbo so called scientific busllshyt about if you reach 30 iyou only have 1% chance of conceiving normally. Thats Bullshyt.

Google Hollywood 40 plus year moms and see. Do they have two heads.

I am still wondering how simple blogging earned her that much. Maybe am missing something. SO simply copying and pasting from american blogs and copying folks instagram images to post on blog and captioning it, earns one $2.5 billion dollars as Linda is worth. Hmm, maybe i need to quit my 9 to 5 and start blogging. Cos clearly its very easy. And please dont tell me its not easy. I read Linda sometimes (though i avoid her blog cos she loves SNAKEs and she post frequently snakes without warning) and Copy Cut and Paste I see from (bossip, mediatakeout, ybf etc cant be that hard). Linda is blessed with Luck, cos trust me many have done it and they did not earn Billions as she has from advert money. She is not doing anything perculiar. She is not working any extra harder than the average. At least with TMZ it makes sense cos they actually send folks on field to hunt the stories, (the folks like Linda and most top naija bloggers, copy cut and paste which is not that hard , is it??)

This is why there is a saying that goes. Its not about “WORKING HARD” that makes you rich or wealthy, its about workign smart and God blessing you. God Simply chose Linda and blessed her – that is all. I wish her the best. Invest wisely -not on just red bottom shoes. 10 yrs from now, another young girl growing up may surpass you. So dont get comfortable.

• Umm

October 19, 2015 at 9:08 pm

*N2.5b

• Author Unknown

October 19, 2015 at 10:24 pm

You honestly believe making money off of gossiping about others is a blessing from God?

• Passerby

October 19, 2015 at 11:08 pm

Felinda so true…Linda is definitely not doing any brain work or life saving job. She is just proof that Nigerians love gossip. She is feeding off people’s weakness for gist and gossip.
      And she’s lucky also that we are in the era of internet addiction.
      The real hard work would be more of managing her money but the source of the wealth is not anything I would consider a big deal…and I’m not hating because I could care less. Good for her. Like an earlier comment stated, it’s all grace really….it’s her time, she should enjoy the fame and drama.

• Dayo

October 20, 2015 at 3:11 pm

Nigerians practically live off gossip and she feeds it to us – how is that not “life saving” work?

• Felinda

October 21, 2015 at 6:25 pm

🙂 🙂 – Thank You Passerbby at least you see what we all see
      Seems like the “Ms Linda Ikeji Thesis girl just dont get it, she has to respond TWICE to same comment., Eei yo “Thesis girl stop taking it personal. It is not that deep. Blah blah blah having your panties all in a bunch for a lie statement i called you out on.

It aint that deep, I just stated the fact, you refuse to accept. 🙂 🙂 take a chill pill boo 🙂

• Dimma

October 20, 2015 at 1:34 pm

The most hilarious comments on here are those like yours, those that believe that blogging is easy. Please try it and let us know how it goes. She carries news from other websites sometimes but then, they do not make up the bulk of Linda’s content. I did a case study on Linda as part of my thesis and counted the amount of posts that Linda published on a day and it totaled to 85 one day. 85 freaking posts!!! Social Media is a beast right now and if you use it wisely, you will be incredibly surprised. Linda makes money mainly from ads, Adsense ads and private ad placements. By just calling Linda’s people, you will find out that some of the spots for ad placement on her blog go for more than N700,000 a month (and her blog does not lack when it comes to ads, people who use her blog for adverts know how effective it is, so they pay up and in some cases still come back again to advertise). Her adsense earnings alone should run in thousands of dollars a day. Adsense pays you based clicks, however these clicks are closely tied to traffic and Linda gets ridiculous amount of traffic on a daily basis. I know people who are now youtube millionaires (in dollars) as a result of google adsense. It takes consistency and ridiculous amount of work to achieve what Linda has achieved. Consistency being the most important. She clearly stated that she blogs from 4am to 12am every day and you think that that is all copy and paste??? People need to educate themselves. There is money to be made on the internet, especially for bloggers and content creators and a lot of people know this now. However, hard work, an insane amount of it, is what sets the mediocre ones apart from the really successful ones.

• YoungandConfusedAfrica

October 20, 2015 at 2:08 pm

I love how detailed your comment is. Weldone..

• Queen

October 21, 2015 at 2:17 am

Somebody who actually got it at last.I was gonna educate some people here….but you said it all.Lets see how many people can sit in front of a latop for 15 hours everyday…7 days a week…with headaches…sore wrists….achy fingers….messed up back…no social life and you will realise that blogging is not a joke! ☺☺☺

• Felinda

October 21, 2015 at 3:03 am

{quote from Dimma: – She carries news from other websites sometimes but then, they do not make up the bulk of Linda’s content. I did a case study on Linda as part of my thesis and counted the amount of posts that Linda published on a day and it totaled to 85 one day.}

All praise to Ms Ikejis success – but Dimma dont insult our intelligence, How you gon come up here on this platform and lie like this. Its embarassing. Dimma now you know That is a LIe from the PIT OF HELL to say Linda only copies from other (american ) blog ONLY SOMETIMES. You lie you lie you lie. TMZ Work to get their content, Linda STEALS those content without citing source. And that is a fact, All the post on Lamar this week,where did she get it from, NIcki Minaj stories, Chris Brown and Karreuche STories,

50% of her post are from American BLogs (Mediatakeout, TMZ, Cnn, bossip, ybf, etc etc) and That is a fact so stop lieing as though we have not read her blog. Lets not start with lifting naija celebs images from instagram and just posting it and captioning it. You cant tell me all those folks gave her permission.

HOw you gon come up here and write some balled ass like like that. Take this week foreinstance, go on hat blog and come proof to me out of the 100 post she has posted on her blog, which one did she personally write herself

And you Dimma “Miss I Studied and Wrote a Thesis about Linda Ikejis Blog” – What grade did you get for this your thesis and dont tell me you got an A. 🙂 You are hilarious.

Is she hard working – Ofcourse – Hardworking cutting copying and pasting from 4am to midnight. Is her blogging unique from other naija bloggers – well 85 post a day as you claim from 4am to midnight, i guess she working overtime – HARD WORK (all the other bloggers must be real lazy i bet)

• Dimma

October 21, 2015 at 11:50 am

@Felinda, you sound so angry ??. The only embarrassing thing here is you screaming in caps lock. Let me tell you something that you obviously don’t know about the News industry, about one percent break the news, others just carry, even CNN carries news published by other people so calm down. If 50% of Linda’s content are from other sources, I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. You used the whole Lamar situation as an example, millions of websites all over the world kept giving updates on Lamar’s condition and trust me, less than one percent of them had people camped out at the hospital waiting for updates. Nigerians consume news from everywhere, especially when they have to do with American celebrities, I’m sure you believe that Linda has to jump on a plane to go get news on Kim Kardashian before she publishes it on her blog, abi? You say that 50% of her posts are from other websites and then turn around to say that she does copy and paste all day, because the other 50% just lands on her bed on a daily basis. Ignorance. Btw my work wasn’t just on Linda Ikeji, I did case studies on several social media entrepreneurs and Linda happened to be one of them. I also got a distinction for that dissertation and I studied in a school that was one of the best, they seemed to like my paper like that ??. There is nothing, nothing that screams ignorance like belittling something that you don’t understand. I’m not even going to bother replying you again.

• Dimma

October 21, 2015 at 11:53 am

@Felinda, you sound so angry ??. The only embarrassing thing here is you screaming in caps lock. Let me tell you something that you obviously don’t know about the News industry, about one percent break the news, others just carry, even CNN carries news published by other people so calm down. If 50% of Linda’s content are from other sources, I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. You used the whole Lamar situation as an example, millions of websites all over the world kept giving updates on Lamar’s condition and trust me, less than one percent of them had people camped out at the hospital waiting for updates. Nigerians consume news from everywhere, especially when they have to do with American celebrities, I’m sure you believe that Linda has to jump on a plane to go get news on Kim Kardashian before she publishes it on her blog, abi? You say that 50% of her posts are from other websites and then turn around to say that she does copy and paste all day, because the other 50% just lands on her bed on a daily basis. Ignorance. Btw my work wasn’t just on Linda Ikeji, I did case studies on several social media entrepreneurs and Linda happened to be one of them. I also got a distinction for that dissertation and I studied in a school that is one of the best, they seemed to like my paper like that ??. There is nothing, nothing that screams ignorance like belittling something that you don’t understand. I’m not even going to bother replying you again.

31. melinda

October 19, 2015 at 8:21 pm

BNers well dones…..

32. Felinda

October 19, 2015 at 8:22 pm

i made a typo, not $2.5 billion dollars, NO. Linda according to sources is worth $10,000,000 (as in 10 MILLION USA DOLLARS )

33. Tolu

October 19, 2015 at 8:24 pm

Some comments can tumble you off your bed at times. Lots of contradictions and mind poisoning around here. Ladies please marriage is a beautiful thing don’t be discouraged. The fact that you’ve never been loved the way you wanted doesn’t mean being truly loved doesn’t exist. You will have a happy home, good career and happiness at the same time.

34. mini

October 19, 2015 at 8:30 pm

are you guys out of newa? God’s sake!

35. BB

October 19, 2015 at 8:48 pm

Lind reflects what Chimamanda Adichie said on Beyonce song “flawless”. Why should Linda not publicly celebrate her success. After all men do that all the time unreservedly. Why do people jump to quick conclusions that she can only marry an oyinbo, what does that say about your impression of Nigerian men.

If the tables were turned and a man had Linda’s wealth, would you have said he could only marry a foreigner? Ignorance at its best disguised as flattery.

Let Linda be.

36. Ibinabo

October 19, 2015 at 8:55 pm

“Who will marry Linda Ikeji?”… you, are you married?

• Annonymous

October 19, 2015 at 11:43 pm

And the answer is A Yoruba man “Fine boy no pimple type of boy”. How stupid is for a man to brag about being fine boy no pimple. those men that spend too much time in front of the mirror have no time to work hard. What a dumb question, “Who will marry Linda Ikeji? Are there no more yoruba men looking for self made women to milk dry? May, she will not get any luck with ibo men because of their complex and stupid belief that a man is supposed to provide for a woman, if he doesn’t have it; well too bad he will rather remain poor, useless ego.
      An hausa man is too intimidated to approach an educated woman especially if he is not educated.
      A yoruba man, he will worship her money as long as he is her handbag in any social event, calling himself big boy. It does not matter what linda ikeji is doing to get money, yoruba man no care, just give him his allowance for gucci shoes, he is a big boy that will make noise on face book. All of you better shut up because, there are still many yoruba men that will place themselves at every place that she goes till she marries them. Yes!!!!! I am also yoruba born abroad and I tell the truth. My yoruba brothers ans sisters, fire out all your spams, I dey wait to return to sender.

• Annonymous

October 20, 2015 at 12:08 am

What makes all you people think that she does not have a man already, if she does not have a man already, she is a billionaire from blogging, right? Idiots!!! Even people that invented blogging are not millionaires. How much is left in an account if you purchase 600 mil naira house. but with the right man by your side who does not want to be seen in a low housing place, money talks and bullshit works. she is with the right type of man, life time partner under the down low. sounds like a good deal to me. she should just have a baby if she wants and forget about fools talking about “who will marry Linda Ikeji”
      the question should be, what does linda ikeji want next? money can buy all things except for salvation but marriage is not a lifetime award and guarantee of happiness. My friends husband just went AND visited one of his wife’s friends in Ghana but on faceBOOK, his cheating ass is the best husband and her slotty self is HIS wife. He knows that she cheats on him but he does not mind about dignity and self respect as long as he cheats on her with closed friends. behind closed doors, there is rarely a real marriage any more especially here in Nigeria, so all of you backward thinkers, SHUT YOUR BEEPING MOUTH UP!!!! WHAT HAS MARRIAGE GOT TO DO WITH HAPPINESS?
      as long as there is facebook where women display boobs and most men have over 4000 friends(3950 friends are women/girls) Forget that marriage. It is only facebook marriage for friends to believe that they belong. More married women care about posting pictures online for likes than single girls. some will prevent their husbands access and also know their sneaky husbands traps not to fall into it.
      days are gone when a man or woman does not have access to his ex. If you have an ex that you loved and they dumped you in high school, you will never get over him/her and as long as facebook is within reach, most men and women are cheat. (98% of married men and women on facebook and other social network have engaged in some sort of flirtation or thought about cheating if they have the opportunity!!!! so give me a – break with who will marry linda ikeja!!!!

• Diuto

October 20, 2015 at 11:59 am

Ur a real hater anonymous, Linda must have a guy somewhere that bought her the house. Listen to yourself jealous much. Go back to work making peanuts Anukporonku!

• annonymous

October 20, 2015 at 1:39 pm

If most of you know and understand what money laundry is. This is a typical example of money laundry. Someone is using this little guy to hide assets. Just a simple fact and this person is such a loser becaause he can not even use people that are believable to earn such income. If you are educated and you understand how social media works, There is NO WAY ON EARTH OR IN HELL, can a blogger afford to buy a 10 million naira house even if she is blogging for entire africa least of 600 million naira.
      My worries is, when the person behind this qouse wants his money, people will hear that Linda Ikeji had an accident or something riddiculous. Pray for the young woman on a fast and furious lane.
      MONEY LAUNDRY! MONEY LAUNDRY! MONEY LAUNDRY! MONEY LAUNDRY!
      Who is using girls to launder money where it can never be traced to them. Weak thieves with no spine.

37. Chika**

October 19, 2015 at 9:25 pm

Funny enough, I send her an email in relation to marriage. See below…

Hey
    So, I was going through your blog and while reading all the amazing things you do for people and your family, this thought out of nowhere came to me. The thought was, what if, your settlement in this lifetime was to be rich like you are now and no marriage? Would it be okay with you? What if your settlement is the life you have now, being able to buy whatever you want? Would you trade it all to have a family? I remember when you said something about when you didn’t have money and how you prayed and all that. What if this is all you prayed for? I know you have suitors right and left, but none so far has met your requirements…but has this thought ever crossed your mind?

• Koffie

October 20, 2015 at 9:53 am

What the hell? How’s it your business if she prayed/prays about marriage or not? You actually took time out of your day to send someone an email regarding their personal life? I can’t with nosy people..

38. Lopez

October 19, 2015 at 9:47 pm

What a load of tosh! And the point of this article is what exactly??

No, it did not cross my mind, when I heard the news about Linda’s new abode. What crossed my mind?? Well done, Linda. Proud of you, Linda.

She found a niche, she worked it well. Now all you naysayers can get off your high horses and admit you are miffed that you did not think of her business idea first.

39. Blueprintafric

October 19, 2015 at 9:48 pm

Funny

40. mrs chidukane

October 19, 2015 at 9:58 pm

Linda wants to get married. She has never hidden that desire and as a married woman, I see nothing wrong with that. To the right person, marriage is beautiful. Sometimes I just feel like I’m going to burst with happiness, it’s that good. However, when you’re a successful woman, the pickings become very slim and it’s the same all over the world and I think that is the focus of this article and the title was just chosen to grab our attention. Nothing wrong with being single but if you desire marriage, there’s nothing wrong with that either. People now act like it’s not cool to desire it but they’ll be the same ones screaming yes when their partners propose.

41. SWAGG1

October 19, 2015 at 10:02 pm

Whats the big deal about a single female buying a house? The place is not a mansion by any standard . The view is unkept with a dull looking water view located in a flooded zone called Bananna or pineapple apple island. I guess one mans trash is another mans wealth.

• Snackdown

October 20, 2015 at 3:09 am

Let’s have a look at your bank account then, let’s see if you have 600 million naira just lying around. I can’t stand people who try to insinuate that they have more wealth, or value than the next person. Why not admit it, you’re jealous…I would respect you more if you owned up to it. I know I was when I saw the post. In fact I went through the seven stages of grief, and am finally at the acceptance stage lol. I simply made the decision to give credit where credit is due. The girl was broke a few short years ago, and worked her ass off to get where she is today. Plagiarism or not, she has made a name for herself, and I have no choice but to respect that.

• Diuto

October 20, 2015 at 12:02 pm

Lol @ seven stages of grief. Hilarious

42. Laura

October 19, 2015 at 10:55 pm

See how u pple r drinking panadol on someone’s head dt makes her moni evry second. Lord pls gv us the grace to know nd understand you

43. Goldenchyld

October 19, 2015 at 11:36 pm

On point!! Any man who is insecure about a successful woman is yet to wake up to what a challenge is.

44. mimi

October 20, 2015 at 12:54 am

The girl has done well for herself.she said she would move out of the fortress when she gets married,ALL a wife needs is a big kitchen and a big dining table for entertaining !!!I would encourage Linda to start a reality show…all the way to when she walks down the aisle,unveiling the sex of the first baby…etc!!!LIB is a successful brand that is here to stay!!!Haters,go suck sum juicy lemons!she would get married when the time comes,black,brown or white.

45. nina

October 20, 2015 at 2:36 am

Bellanaija, please invest in Disqus! It takes too long to post comments and we can’t follow a thread. Disqus is so much better!!

46. jane

October 20, 2015 at 3:22 am

Dear Felinda try research b4 calln facts bullshit. Most of the so calld women who gv birth @ 45 dnt evn use dia own eggs due to a very high chance of congenital problem in d fetus. 2ndly women r born wt a fixed amount of ova(eggs) 4rm birth, which continue to degenerate @ a very fast rate, lots r lost durn every menstrual cycle, so as we get older, the pool becoms very sml nd gettn a gud egg isn’t so ezi, ovulation doesn’t evn always occur. So pls research well, so u dnt spew wrong info confidently.

47. Idomagirl

October 20, 2015 at 5:03 am

No actually, the first thing that came to mind when I heard about her house wasn’t “who will marry her”, but then again I’m not a “typical, traditional Nigerian’ (whatever that means).

The best part about Linda’s story for me is how she actively goes against that ‘you’re a single woman, hide your wealth so as not scare men away’ rubbish that is drummed into our heads constantly.

Linda has never hidden her desire to have a husband and kids, so I’m sure she will when she’s ready (or meets the right guy).

That said, why are we so obsessed with marriage?

48. ify

October 20, 2015 at 7:03 am

Jesus I can’t believe I’m seeing this post !are u guys for real who are you pple to write who will marry linda ikeji , is she d only independent lady out there doing her thing, God I’m so vexed well is bcos she is a blogger that acquired a mansion, but can u guys make it stop talking abt who will marry her its an insult to her person, pls I know she is gossip blogger but this post is something , who ever sponsored this post u don’t have an iota of respect to your fellow woman, mtchewwww

49. ify

October 20, 2015 at 7:41 am

Dear mrs Ceo of bella naija, I can’t believe you accepted this post for public consumption, in igbo ( lotekwa na esighi ot u a eme nwanne

50. Abby

October 20, 2015 at 8:37 am

Show me your own house please!!! This kind of bitterness can not take you far mbok,quit already!

51. ElessarisEllendil

October 20, 2015 at 9:00 am

“Tell me that thought didn’t occur to you, the typically traditional Nigerian you”: ehm………….No!

52. olajumoke

October 20, 2015 at 9:24 am

But if Linda marries, will she move out of the mansion into her husband’s house? what if the man has a 3 bedroom flat? LOL…

• Sugar

October 20, 2015 at 11:30 am

she will buy another house and move in there with her husband of course. But on the surface She will claim its hubby’s house

53. Last Born

October 20, 2015 at 10:34 am

Is a woman’s prosperity now a crime in this part of the world? Is prosperity no longer as a result of hard work? Is marriage no longer as a result of real love? Must we compare marriage with wealth for any reason, Somebody will marry Linda is just a matter of time.

54. similicious

October 20, 2015 at 10:38 am

There is nothing wrong in being happy. Linda has always expressed her desire to be married and as long as she believes, it will happen in the best way. Like, Necole Bitchie, she could get tired from the blogsphere , sell it to the highest bidder and live happily ever after with her king.

55. WARRI PIKIN

October 20, 2015 at 10:46 am

9ja wahala
    So obvious, no 9ja Mother inlaw except my beautiful of course will tolerate the wealth of ladies in the likes of our dear golden girl Linda Ikeji and apart from 9ja Mother in-laws, our dear Sister in-laws ‘nko’ ‘ …hmmmm they will make a self made brothers wife a living hell and that is the truth so lets not deny or parry the content of this post. Even the 9ja Guy ( A very lucky guy should any 9ja bobo chose to marry Linda and classical babes like her…….If i was not married, honestly this is where i would have been as well, even as i am well off as a successful oil worker …winks!! ) will feel threatened at some point.
    My point therefore is that, only a white guy whose culture rhetoric’s those not play much relevance to what troubles us in Nigeria will enjoy comfort with her / ladies in her class.
    I have come to love this Linda babe, i bless her and would pray the best guy /family takes her away. Linda Ikeji, Uche Pedro and even Mr Pedro are all an Inspiration to me
    I will be 50yrs son and careless where my inspiration to pursue the best in life comes from

Good morning Brethren

• Dayo

October 20, 2015 at 3:23 pm

Sis, if you are indeed 50 years old and actually believe that Oyinbo (or some Oyinbo – so as not to generalize, as you just did) does not care about status and what others think, then marriage is the least of your issues… SMDH

• centre can hold

October 20, 2015 at 6:52 pm

Please oh link me up for real I need an oil job

56. WARRI PIKIN

October 20, 2015 at 10:49 am

9ja wahala
    So obvious, no 9ja Mother inlaw except my beautiful of course my beautiful 70yrs elegant Mum will tolerate the wealth of ladies in the likes of our dear golden girl Linda Ikeji and apart from 9ja Mother in-laws, our dear Sister in-laws ‘nko’ ‘ …hmmmm they will make a self made brothers wife a living hell when married into their family and that is the truth so lets not deny or parry the content of this post. Even the 9ja Guy ( A very lucky guy should any 9ja bobo chose to marry Linda and classical babes like her…….If i was not married, honestly this is where i would have been as well, even as i am well off as a successful oil worker …winks!! ) will feel threatened at some point.

Good morning Brethren

57. Grace

October 20, 2015 at 11:41 am

I am not a fan of LIB,i have never visited her site,(like i do daily with BN)but the news about her mansion has been blown outta proportion. (Just saying)

58. fleur

October 20, 2015 at 11:57 am

Linda, now you can be sure you will may oyibo. I married down and the shananigans tire me. Go find you a nice site boy who loves your company and its working hard to make it. Most importantly find a Christian companion who lives a Christlike life that is operating at your level

59. fleur

October 20, 2015 at 11:58 am

Meant nice white boy

• Dayo

October 20, 2015 at 3:27 pm

My sistah, marrying “down” (to use your own words) would seem to be the least of your problems, given that you seem to be a racist with self-esteem issues.

60. fleur

October 20, 2015 at 12:01 pm

The politics of interclass marriage is too much to deal with. The secrecy, and all the dangers of having too many acutely disenfranchised and impoverished and overly entitled people around you. In fact is a safety issue.

• JADE

October 20, 2015 at 4:22 pm

LOOOOOOOOOOOL,

61. lisa

October 20, 2015 at 12:36 pm

People like bringing up irrelevant issues. Taking panadol for som1 elses headache. Linda nd Bella make big cash when ever one opens their website or when u even comment. If she wants to marry fine,if she doesn’t want.fine.wats the whole noise for. Dangote is like the 4th or 7nth richest in the world.No 1 in Nigeria,do u guys hear his voice?just cus of a white painted mansion in plantain abii potato island every1 is making noise. I think we are just jobless and need jobs to keep us busy.so we stop running our mouths.. Weda iis a mansion or mud house..na house.make una no dey make noise abeg

62. Kkay

October 20, 2015 at 1:14 pm

CONGRATS LINDA! GOD REWARDS DILIGENCE!!
    IT BEATS MY IMAGINATION THAT ALL SOME PEOPLE CAN SAY IS THAT SHE’S NOT MARRIED. SHALLOW REASONING!
    I ENCOURAGE ALL WOMEN TO STRIVE FOR SUCCESS AND EXCELLENCE. THAT WAY WE WOULD LEAVE A LEGACY FOR POSTERITY ESPECIALLY THE GIRL CHILD.
    YOU WILL DEFINITELY GET MARRIED IF IT’S YOUR HEART’S DESIRE…. AND TO A MAN WHO DESERVES YOU.
    MARRIAGE DOES NOT DEFINE WHO WE ARE. GOD DOES. ALL GOOD AND PERFECT THINGS COME FROM ABOVE…. (HE MAKES ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL IN HIS TIME).
    **FOLKS, KEEP YOUR HEART PURE!
    N. B: LINDA COMES FROM NKWERRE, A TOWN KNOWN FOR THEIR AFFULENCE.

• annonymous

October 20, 2015 at 2:14 pm

I am not a hater, I am just smarter than you, take it or leave it, I understand the global world and ecnonmy better than you.
      The person behind this house is an everyday looking guy but he loots more money than the federal government prints. It does not matter where she is from, she can’t afford to buy that house with blogging and any other job that she may have unless
      into money laundry. So you know, some put her there because it is the safest place to protect his investment for better return when the time is right.

I am hoping that there are educated people reading this mess who know exactly what’s up.

• Ernest

October 20, 2015 at 5:34 pm

My sentiments exactly. 95% of those attacking Linda are women. At the end of the day, it’s women that pull women down, not men.

63. Kenny

October 20, 2015 at 1:23 pm

The long and short of this matter is that GOd decided to have MERCY on her. Shikena!!!!

64. concerned9ja

October 20, 2015 at 1:37 pm

Still a mystery…unless people are coded our artists with the biggest endorements and patronage..Genivive..Dbang..Psquare..2face..AY..Omotola..Don Jazzy all hardworking all transaparent enough but haven’t attained this…and please don’t tell me this is just blogging money..
    As always in 9ja everything remains a mystery most especially people’s source of wealth..
    Feel sorry for some women rather feeling inadequate about Linda’s house you better face your work and your own destiny.
    Marriage why is that up for debate….
    All I know is people would love and need companionship at some point that’s just nature and this applies to both male and female..

65. annonymous

October 20, 2015 at 2:23 pm

Another question is, how many people work for Linda Ikeji. Is there a business building named Linda Ikeji resource center? How much income tax did she pay on her income and her employees. How many fingers does she have to blog a hundred thousand naira worth of blog. Simple math, before you can afford this house, she must have between 100 plus employees from executive directors to odinary employees. Her fortune shoud have been indexed and recognized, she should have been acknowledged as a multi- billionaire. Someone is using that house to keep an eye on those that live around there for some ulterior motive. MONEY LAUNDRY IN MANIFESTATION!!!!!

• whatwillbewillbe

October 20, 2015 at 4:13 pm

Madam or Oga annonymous, I’ve tried to resist replying your comment, but your confident ignorance is stronger than my will power.
      Linda has stated time without number that she does the bulk of her work herself, infact sometime last year after her page was taken down and restored, she announced that she was looking to employ people to source news for her as she has to copy and paste SOMETIMES because she’s just one person and can’t be everywhere d gist is. Let’s assume she employed some people after that period, I do not think they’ll be that many, because she still does the bulk of the work herself. My dear the babe doesn’t need up to 100 workers with the fancy titles you listed up there.
      You obviously don’t know how much is in this blogging or the Internet as a whole. You’re saying no blogger can make up to 10 million naira? WHAAAAAAT? A serious and active blog makes more than that a Day. While I admit that this isn’t always the case, I’ve read of part time bloggers who make that amount in a month or more. What about the clicks? Are you aware that you can get paid for the number of clicks you get? Why do you think sometimes you see titles and captions that are nothing more than click bait? Nne biko hapu okwu
      I like to believe Linda is smart and thus has been paying appropriate taxes as and when due, but even if she hasn’t and like Charles Novia said, FIRS and their people go ham on her, it’s nowhere near the end of the road for her, her payments can be restructured in such a way both parties can live with.
      I don tire to type but I’ll end with this, open your mind to the possibilities that exist biko. I’m nowhere near what Linda has achieved, maybe I won’t ever be able to afford a mansion in Banana Island, but I hope and pray i’ll be successful in my own way and on my own lane. I also work towards that success and in the meantime, I rejoice with those who rejoice mbok.

• annonymous

October 20, 2015 at 4:51 pm

Liar Liar Liar. If bloggers make more than 10 million naira a day, I give up my business to blog for just one year and retire! I am not buying all the fuss, I am happy for her but scared for her life. Sorry you could not resist me.

• annonymous

October 20, 2015 at 4:53 pm

The question is, are you the one behind it all? Why the need to be defensive?

• Guys Perspective

October 20, 2015 at 4:27 pm

You are a real ignoramus, for you to assert that a business has to have 100s of employees to be a billion dollar/naira enterprise. Ever heard about the term “lean operations”.

• annonymous

October 20, 2015 at 7:33 pm

You are really a stupid idiot to believe that man power does not contribute to production. How many hours a week can you put into meeting goals and balancing optimum life style? This is a laboring job that no person can supply the demand of all readers least of getting clients to service with quality work to make such return. Go do some research dumb dumb! If one man can write, edit, produce and print, there will not be need for publishing company. If people become billionaire by doing their job themselves, they can only produce what one man power can produce, and many things that your dumb self have access to such as Internet is collective effort of people to the point that it makes it multi- million / billion dollar project. Facebook is a collaboration or thousands of people, yet it a while before it manifested to a billion dollar. Every billionaire will be working for himself if you become a billionaire by not employing additional man power and end up stagnant. Financial growth requires business strategy and distribution/allocation of labor. To be at the rate of buying a house of 600 million naira is no rocket scientist theory that blogging which is man power job did not make her that money. Communication companies have call center for people to take calls and manage business. Only one person can only so much If someone said that she has real business of servicing, or product exchange, she will grow to the point of affording expenditure of that amount. If a boyfriend or husband bought it for her, I will respect but to play with people’s head to believe this rubbish about blogging as her source of income and she single handedly blogged her way into a million dollars is an insult to all hard working people and smart thinking individuals out there! Her neighbors are people known for their production of product and services worldwide. She is Nigerian blogger known to Nigerian Facebook families. How does one say that she makes hundred thousand dollars a day? Either you are the dumbest person that can type or I am giving you too much credit to even be responding to your useless post disregarding the value of money.

• annonymous

October 20, 2015 at 7:42 pm

How much can you type, copy and paste in day? If she is not original with her blogs, why am I even wasting time here? I like success stories but I like truth or lies that make sense. when a story is not consistent, both the writer and reader are all confused. You all not plan your cover up properly. Some people still think dumb dumbs.

• GBAAM

October 20, 2015 at 5:32 pm

Nigrians are indeed sore losers

66. Funmy Kemmy

October 20, 2015 at 2:32 pm

The right man for her life will SURELY marry her at God’s own time.

67. Truth

October 20, 2015 at 2:50 pm

The issue is not who will marry Linda but what advice to give our daughters. As a thirty something professional single woman I say that both marriage and a successful career are good. Kudos to the woman who has it all because she is the real maverick. The wisdom of those so called marriage prefects is that they know there is no substitute for a stable loving relationship. What I wish someone had told me is invest your time energy and talent into finding a good relationship they same way you nurtured your career. Also I’ve learned that good men don’t fall into your lap just because you’rebeautiful rich and accomplished..men, black, white or yellow need to feel appreciated and respected. Unfortunately the unspoken conversation which we really need to have is about what oprah winfrey, Indira nooyi and Michelle Obama are doing to keep their men happy at home….I believe that most successful women in stable marriages still have to cater to their men and humble themselves to do things that many empowered women condemn as being bakward or objectifying…..I have a big house and sometimes I wonder if it was the best decision as i watch the man I love graciously struggle with the fact that he wouldn’t even have the opportunity to provide the most basic of needs which is shelter.I pray that in the future this will be a non issue but now unfortunately it is. I would tell my daughter that both a career and a loving marriage are good and she should take care not to mortgage one for the other…sometimes that means not buying that big house that intimidates many well meaning men around you…doesn’t make u any less rich or self made.

• Sherri

October 20, 2015 at 5:31 pm

That my dearest, is very sad to read.
      What do you want in a man who is intimidated by your achievements?
      if anything about you intimidates him, prepare for a life of misery, imagine to have to curtail your ambitions, thoughts and opinion.
      please tell your daughter, a successful marriage is not an opportunity cost, the sky is her limit.
      the only “box” she should try to fit into is the one of her own choosing and creation.

68. Ada

October 20, 2015 at 3:58 pm

While we ooh and aah over Linda, let’s learn how to blog successfully here!
    myvividthoughts.wordpress.com/2015/10/20/5-tips-to-run-a-very-successful-blog/

69. Ernest

October 20, 2015 at 5:30 pm

I AM INSPIRED BY LINDA’S SUCCESS STORY. LIKE EVERYTHING IN LIFE THERE ARE GENRES AND LINDA SURE KNOWS HERS. IF SHE ISN’T DOING IT RIGHT, GO AHEAD AND DO YOURS. LET’S QUIT BEING JEALOUS. I DON’T AGREE WITH 80% OF WHAT I SEE THERE, BUT SHE HAS THOSE WHO WILL NOT SLEEP IF THEY’VE NOT VISITED HER BLOG. THE SKY IS BIG ENOUGH FOR ALL OF US. FOR A COMPETITOR, BELLA SHOULDN’T HAVE POSTED THIS.

70. Juzzay

October 20, 2015 at 6:51 pm

you guys are all writers, have just been thinking about this “Linda” marriage thing sef, but i still love her and I can Mary her.

71. Johnspeaks Uwangue

October 20, 2015 at 7:47 pm

Was it blogging that gave her N500m to buy a house? LIE LIE. 99% of Nigeria ladies are liars. Ask and i will provide proofs

• anonymous

October 20, 2015 at 8:25 pm

Where are the proofs?

• glowy

October 21, 2015 at 7:35 am

@johnspeaks pls what proof ooooo hmmmm

72. TobeReal

October 20, 2015 at 8:04 pm

Stop all the nonsense talk about jealousy and hate…must we all be wired the same…
    It’s a perfectly honest question to wander about this enormous amount of money and do remember there are savings so multiply that sum by 2…but as someone said…the source of wealth of most really rich Nigerians would always remain a mysery…
    Please save me the self made woman stuff..no one is self made..not even Bill Gates…Dangote or Adenuga…NONE!!

73. Author Unknown

October 20, 2015 at 11:50 pm

Why are we all assuming that she paid cash, or did I miss that part of the story?

74. aelvish

October 21, 2015 at 12:34 am

i will definitely marry linda ikeji, who else but me? who is she?

75. Myrason

October 21, 2015 at 3:01 am

DO YOU ALL HAVE AN IDEA WHAT LINDA WORSHIPS AND THE COVENANT INVOLVED???? running ur mouths like that. Time shall tell.

76. Lai

October 21, 2015 at 10:31 am

Linda should marry Dbanj..

77. peace

October 21, 2015 at 5:58 pm

Pls can we all check the highest earning blogger in the world for all time, Linda ikeja name is not on the list… Pls also check the viewership n ratings of d blogger, also check how much they earn n make a month… Linda time will tell your real story… but why fight so heard to b validated n be on the news

78. Hmm

October 21, 2015 at 6:33 pm

Something real fishy about this girls earnings. Something real fishy.
    No blogger on this planet is worth $10,000,000 (not even western bloggers) – something is real fishy. Even TMZ who do the REAL Work (as someone stated) is not worth $10,000,000.

I smell Jazz..

The elephant in the room no one wants to mention. Yes i Said it.

79. tunde

October 21, 2015 at 6:42 pm

BN, naijapals, onobello, nairaland, sdk etc etcmust be all REAL LAZY then i guess. Since miss linda is WORKING HARD round the clock.

80. Kkay

October 24, 2015 at 11:34 pm

PLEASE, WHY ALL THE BELLYACHING OVER LINDA’S WEALTH. WELL, KEEP AT IT WHILE SHE SMILES TO THE BANK….. AND ALSO MAKE BN RICHER. (LOL)

THE RACE IS NOT TO THE SWIFT NOR THE BATTLE TO THE STRONG….TIME AND CHANCE!

THERE WERE ATHLETES, ARTISTES, AUTHORS, SCIENTISTS WHO WERE THE BEST THE WORLD EVER SAW BUT DIED IN PENURY WHILE OTHERS IN THIS OUR TIME WHO ARE EQUALLY GOOD OR EVEN NOT SO GOOD ARE WEALTHY.

FOR INSTANCE, THE ARTISTES ESPECIALLY WHAT OUR MUSICIANS EARN TODAY WITH LEWD LYRICAL AND VISUAL CONTENTS)