Did you know that ancient Egyptians called Aloe Vera the plant of immortality because it’s so amazing?
With over 95 million views on Youtube, popular beauty vlogger Farah Dhukai recently shared a video about one of her many beauty secrets, Aloe Vera. In this video she’s showing us how she uses the miracle plant for great skin and hair. Though her glow after using the Aloe plant might not be what you get immediately after you use it (makeup and all), it definitely something worth trying out. We’re firm believers in skincare on a budget!
Please Note: Before using ANY product on your skin, always do a test patch first to see if your skin is allergic to any of the ingredients. Everyone’s skin is different, so results may vary. One you notice your skin is the slightest bit irritated, please discontinue use.
How to use Aloe Vera
- Scoop the insides (the gel part) of the Aloe out of the plant and put it in the blender. Save a little slice for your face
- Blend the aloe gel – it turns frothy and into a liquid
- Apply it to your hair
- Leave it on overnight and wash out in the morning (put a towel on ur pillow so it doesnt get the aloe on it or sleep with a shower cap or with your hair in braids)
- Take a slice of aloe and rub the gel directly to your clean skin – let it dry and wash off in the morning
Benefits of Aloe Vera for Your Hair
- Promotes hair growth
- Hydrates and conditions your hair
- Reduces dandruff
- Maintains healthy scalp
- It makes your hair soft, shiny and healthy
Benefits of Aloe Vera for Your Skin
- Helps with acne because of its anti-inflammitory properties
- Fights aging with beta-Carotene, Vitamin C and E
- Keeps skin firm and hydrated
- Keeps your skin juicy, young and perfect! Get some ALOE!
Watch the Video
Source: Farah Dhukai