BN TV

“I never asked you to write about me” – Burna Boy has a Message for Nigerian Bloggers in this Interesting Interview

Burna Boy

Burna Boy grants his first interview since being back in the UK.

The Afrobeats star returned to the UK for the first time in 6 years to promote his first UK headline show organized by Cokobar at the Eventim Apollo in Hammersmith as well as celebrate his birthday .

Factory78 caught up exclusively with the “on a spaceship ” star to discuss his music , return to the UK and his recent outburst at Nigerian bloggers .

See excerpts below.

On his return to the UK: It feels great to be here. I haven’t really come to terms with how it feels but when I do you’ll be the first to know.

On his rant about Nigerian bloggers: I just think f* all y’all…in a gift wrap.

On artists benefiting from stories bloggers publish: I never asked you to write about me. I never asked anyone to write about me. I’ll be happy if nobody wrote about me. I’ll appreciate that very much. Just listen to my music and if you don’t like it listen to someone else.

On his mum: She’s like my best friend. She’s always been. She’s been doing a good job so far.

Watch the video below.

1. Naijatalk

June 30, 2016 at 11:28 am

With this attitude, you will get yourself in trouble again. So uncouth

• keke driver

June 30, 2016 at 11:55 am

Omode ni

• Abk

June 30, 2016 at 5:05 pm

At 25?

2. Prince

June 30, 2016 at 12:02 pm

I think is overjoy that is not making think straight..if he is not in news…then he should be printing his c.v for a front desk job. I’m hiring though..lol

3. Shola

June 30, 2016 at 12:13 pm

So sad..
    I miss the Fela days.
    Where musicians really cared about the people.
    It was beyond just making money…
    I often wonder how does one live in a country like Nigeria and continue to ignore the surroundings, the challenges , the politics and say ‘you don’t care what people say’

• Indianna Jones

June 30, 2016 at 1:52 pm

He just told you, if you don’t like his music, his ethics, his face whatever listen to someone else in this case Fela.

I love me some rude boys, hello Burna.

4. @edDREAMZ

June 30, 2016 at 12:56 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    This stupid celeb that are always fighting with bloggers dont knw that the media play a vital role in making them becoming more richer and famous too…. Noise maker. Mumu…
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

5. Hamdalat

June 30, 2016 at 1:05 pm

@ Burnaboy, I hope you get to read this: you are doing yourself and your talent a great DISSERVICE with this kind of attitude. You are talented and different but you also need to school yourself on the kind of persona you present to the public. I know it’s a big job to like some people or take the high road at times but you should learn to be diplomatic. Don’t waste your gift, it would be such a shame.

• Anon

June 30, 2016 at 2:43 pm

LEAVE HIM ALONE! ! ! He is not living his life for the public. He does not need your approval. How is he wasting his gift by being himself? He is not living his for you! LEAVE HIM ALONE! ! !

6. erica

June 30, 2016 at 1:28 pm

@ prince are you really hiring ? I need a job please cos i am getting really depressed.

7. erica

June 30, 2016 at 2:17 pm

@prince are you really.hiring?please i need a job.

8. Adio_Braimoh

June 30, 2016 at 3:19 pm

Nigerian Bloggers, ‘silence’ him!

9. Lerenzo

June 30, 2016 at 4:41 pm

Honestly I couldn’t watch this weed head!!! No need to be arrogant, you think your it???take some humble pie and stop pretending your 24, when you fully know your Born 1982. We went to the same primary school in P.H. don’t try it.

• DeadiBody

July 1, 2016 at 1:53 am

Stop writing rubbish Mr Lerenzo. You definitely don’t know him. When did his parents get married? What primary and secondary school did he attend? What multinational company was his mum working for in Portharcourt? Who is Tolu to him?

10. Prince

June 30, 2016 at 4:42 pm

Bia Uche, is Burna pikin your new crush abi na wetin. Can’t a day pass without this child’s news.

11. Tobby Francis

June 30, 2016 at 5:13 pm

A blogger needs no permission to write about anyone so this self acclaimed celebrity should just have several seats. So rude…

12. Chi

June 30, 2016 at 10:31 pm

I remember the first time I heard “Like to party” was obsessed then “Tonight” then “Yawa Dey” then “Run my Raxe” this boy was consistent then I watched an interview he was rather boring new face trying to find his way . Dropped an awesome debut . Him and Leriq together major Magic . I think he kind of lost his way after not being awarded proper dues all the award show snubs. Burna boy has ever dropped a bad song . Just not sure who he has turned into . He looks identical to rapper Young Thug. He should join Seyi Shay and not give interviews . Do the music if you like smoke your weed but don’t talk . Sincerely a concerned fan who has purchased all your music on iTunes !!!!!

When you love music like I do sometimes they disappoint !!!!

• Mohammad

July 1, 2016 at 8:11 pm

I agree. I really like Burna Boy’s music and he produces really good records and is consistent.
      Beht mehn…… This interview is not it! From the interviewer’s irritating accent and cadence (his voice kept going up and down I kept adjusting the volume to stop him hurting my ears), rubbish questions and poorly researched background to Burna Boy’s embarrassing attitude and answers to the questions (how does he explain the background to his latest album in this way, while trying to sell tickets to a show?)
      Eyin mejeji: interviewer ati interviewee, e ni lati se PR training. Ke ma ma disgrace wa ba yi ni tori olorun!