BN TV

Kids in Waist Trainers! WATCH Precious Richard-Okon aka Iyabeji share 9 things she doesn’t like to see on kids

BN TV

Iyabeji show

Lifestyle Vlogger Precious Richard-Okon aka Iyabeji is out with a new episode of ‘The Iyabeji Show’ and she talks about 9 things she doesn’t like to see on kids.

She said:

So the other day I was at a party with my kids and I stumbled on this one slightly chubby child that was wearing a Waist Trainer. Yes, you heard me, a waist trainer! I was absolutely perplexed. What mother, in her right senses, wakes up in the morning and thinks that their 10-year old child should waist train. They’re children for God’s sake. And as children, they should be doing what children do like being free, running and playing and not having a care in the world about their body image.

People, I think it’s important that we begin to allow our kids to live their lives, not ours – which is why I decided to share 9 things that absolutely getting on my nerves – 9 things that I don’t ever want to see on kids simply because they are kids, not adults. Let me know what you think, share your thoughts.

Watch it here:

1. Chioma

July 22, 2016 at 10:07 am

Love it….
    Make up on kids, I can’t stand

2. Boladale

July 22, 2016 at 10:31 am

Have you watched most of these graduating pictures lately? You struggle to identify between who is the student and teacher/parent. Heavy make up, even primary pupil.

• LOVE

July 22, 2016 at 12:54 pm

as in ehhh, i went for a graduation and i was not far from a student. same make up even dias heavier, hilly shoes, bodycon gowns

3. new mom

July 22, 2016 at 10:41 am

This is really nice Iyabeji. It’s gradually becoming a norm. The other day I was at shoprite and the number of children I saw wearing red lip stick baffled me. Mother’s make Una take time o. Pedophiles are real and they are everywhere.

• Damilola

July 22, 2016 at 10:58 pm

Unfortunately, pedophiles are sick people who go after any child regardless of anything. But I understand where you are coming from, the kids looking and acting older than their age can be used as an excuse. Oh, I thought she’s older which doesn’t alleviate the crime. Yes, allow children to be children. They have years ahead of them to do experiment with makeup, hair and heels. I wore my first full makeup at 22, and still trying to figure out this whole contouring shenanigans. Allow their hair to grow, do cute styles on them. It disgusts me when I see little girls with no edges, and the weave, braids holding on to their dear life. My cousin who is 10yrs wears push up bra and her hair stays in weaves. I was upset at her mom the other day when I found out about her push up bra. What is she pushing up? It’s quite scary to raise children nowadays.

4. Chu-chu

July 22, 2016 at 11:09 am

Weaves on kids, is another annoying one, even braids on little kids i cannot stand. You see the poor helpless girls, with barely any hair on their head and the stylist is battling to hook some wool on it.

5. Cee

July 22, 2016 at 1:02 pm

I hate the sexualisation of children, I blame poor parenting. A child must be allowed to be a child.

6. Nahum

July 22, 2016 at 1:19 pm

I DETEST weaves, wigs, make up and high heels on children. Mothers out there, STOP TRYING TO TURN YOUR BABIES INTO SEX KITTENS!!! Yes, I am shouting!! What is wrong with you??? There are more than enough men out there just waiting for an opportunity to pounce on your little girl and destroy her life, do you really need to give them an invitation???? Please stop this madness right now!! That chubby little girl will outgrow the puppy fat and hey if she doesn’t, it’s all good!!! Not everyone was created to look alike. Please leave your children alone and stop putting your mental issues on them.

7. Oreoluwa

July 22, 2016 at 5:53 pm

Love this topic. True talk. You need to see massive braids on kids. The child is so helpless with them on. Another annoying one is make up and eyelash on girls and even braiding a boys hair. The excuse such parent gave was that he likes to dress up like his sisters I was like what the h….. God created him a boy for crying out loud. The list is endless

8. Olanna&Odenigbo

July 23, 2016 at 9:47 pm

Well these are some of the things we get when children beget children.

Abi how am I supposed to describe a mother, who used her koro koro eye to share a video of her daughter wipping her vagina clean on instagram….all in the name of showcasing ‘potty training’…..on INSTA-FREAKING-GRAM!!!!!! And you know how kids take their precious time to do it over and over again before getting it right….one minute video of this toddlers glory on insta… I weak…. the mum is a fresh divorcee, married 2 yrs, 2 kids, and bye… is it hard to see some contributing factors?

Another did photoshoot for her daughter at 10, hired professional make up artiste for it join… and I began to wonder if I was being pranked…

As long as we have children, marrying other children, and borning more children, we can’t expect sane adult behaviour anytime soon. Many marriages consist of immature adults who believe that their children are society’s canvass…so anything wey dey reign, piam! collect and practise/dump on your child….all na art…olodos with no wisdom to direct!

Misguided parents all over…. Waist trainer lori kini?!!

9. Enough

July 25, 2016 at 1:25 pm

Welcome to 2016!

The same way kids of now a days wear all the things you are complaining abou and even have iPads and what not, is the same way mothers of now a days, are so Quick to post snapbacks and yummy mommy hashtag and report all there marriage activities on Instagram which was not the norm in the days of our mothers.

So you know what is best for you all nagging?? FOCUS ON YOUR own MIND YOUR BUSINESS. LET PEOPLE DO HOWEVER THEY PLEASE!
    WHEN YOU SEE A KID WITH WEAVE & MAKEUP AND ALL YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT, SHUT YOUR EYES! And all would be well.
    WHEN YOU SEE A PREGNANT WOMAN WHO ISNT BACK TO HER Pre-PREGNANCY WEIGHT, HOLD YOUR TONGUE! And peace would reign.

If we sit down analysing what and what did not happen in our time or our parents that’s happening now, we wouldn’t finish, because the list is endless! Train your child however you think it’s best.

@ olanna&odenigbo: you are so bitter and insensitive. Why do you rejoice in other persons misery??? Could you not make your point without stating that they are a “fresh divorcee, 2kids,2yrs and bye!” What about that? How many married people, still together practice bad parenting. How does the information you have included matter.